Anti-Abortion Laws/ Abortion Ban

technically, can’t she just go to Alabama and get the abortion there, if im wrong, it’s just im really confused between each rules with the bills in different states.

1 Like

No she can’t, the laws prohibit you from leaving the state to get an abortion since that’s technically considered murder and anyone who helps her leave would be considered a conspiracist (an accomplice basically) in the murder and also thrown in jail…

3 Likes

i have them up in the actual argument i’ll try and find more info to clear them up :woozy_face:

1 Like

i’m pro choice for multiple reasons. why would you ever force someone to keep an unwanted child? there’s health reasons, rape victims, incest victims, and so many other things. yes, someone could have the child and put them up for adoption, but what about the millions of other children waiting for a home. it’s absolutely disgusting how so many people think they can force anyone to do something there uncomfortable with. and the consequences for being a doctor who lets women have abortions and for the women is absolutely sickening. i will never support pro life or anti choice. it’s not your body or your fetus. i hate seeing girls and women suffer because their state won’t let them do something with their body. ugh, and even young teens have to have a child in certain states. i just find it disgusting and it makes me so frustrated honestly. how would anyone ever want this?

7 Likes

Like. Even the argument of adoption is asanine and barbaric. What rape victim should be forced through 9 months of pain and struggle for something they had nothing to do with. Then on top of that, they need to go through the pain of childbirth. Their body will be permanently altered, their life potentially ruined and a child will be put into Foster care to be abused and mistreated.

THESE LAWS ARE DUMB AND BAD

9 Likes

That’s not even taking into account that this essentially means assault victims will get more jail time than serial assaulters.

Let that settle for a minute

5 Likes

Foster care treatment is so horrible, the statistics of sexual abuse and just abuse in general are horrifying having an abortion would be so much better than having to have a child live a life of poverty and just an awful life in general

3 Likes

Ok. Here’s my opinion.

I’m very frustrated and angry at the Pro-Life side of the argument. We have no proof of when a fetus is alive. Some humans absorb their twins in the womb and end up with tumours with more human-like appearances than fetuses in the first trimester that they need to remove.

No, I’m not saying that fetuses are tumours, but no one can seriously say when they know a life is a life for sure. When that egg and that sperm join and for a while afterwards, it is just a clump of cells. When does a clump of cells become a life? When the fetus has a heartbeat? When it has all its vital organs? When it has its first thought? You cannot say for sure when a life is a life, so you cannot say that it’s murder. It doesn’t matter how much potential a fetus has. It is not a life yet. And every single egg or sperm is a potential for life.

So with that in mind, I am disgusted by people who think they have a right to shove their personal beliefs on others. Yes, until we find that scientific instance when the fetus comes to life, it is just your beliefs. And no western country should be governed by wishy-washy religious beliefs that split the country in half. If you think abortion is wrong, that on you. But don’t ever force that on other people.

13 Likes

i looked it up and those laws suggesting that women would be criminalized actually aren’t true, it’s mostly targeting doctors i think, i got that from the New York Times but forgot the link (i’ll search for it).

1 Like

that’s my husband!! peach girl :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Yeah but we know that’s what these politicians and religious fundamentalists want. It’s not as if they treat assault victims well as is

1 Like

I won’t weigh in on the life argument, i don’t know enough about pregnancy. I just get the logistical side.

I know how pregnancy works, BTW, just not all the details about what stage the baby is at when

4 Likes

No one knows because there is no scientific proof. Life in the womb is much more of a philosophical idea (what you consider to be the defining factor of what makes life life), and who the hell tries to restrict other people’s rights based on their own philosophy?!?!

7 Likes

But I know one thing for sure: when I say “I’m alive”, I don’t mean “I have 46 chromosomes” or “I am the product of an egg and cell fusing”. I mean “I have a heart that beats. I breathe. I consume food.”

My toenails have 46 chromosomes. Doesn’t make me feel bad when I cut them off.

So, you know. When I look at abortion, I don’t see murder because that’s not how this works. It depends on when you define life as life.

8 Likes

This just saddens me a lot because these “pro-lifers” would try and guilt me, saying I support murder. Which is nonsense, I love kids, they’re the best.

I just also care about sexual assault victims :person_shrugging:

10 Likes

And when you decide that you’re going to make that moral judgement for women instead of allowing them to make it for themselves, and you are a group of dusty old raisin men, you are effectively saying that you don’t trust women to make their own moral judgements.

And you’re not going to stop abortion. You’re just going to force it into the black market where it will potentially kill the mothers.

The difference is huge.

When abortion is legal, women who morally disagree with it have the right to not have an abortion. When it’s illegal, no one can make that decision on their own. You can be “pro-life” in your own damn lives if abortion is legal. You can’t be pro-choice on your own when it’s illegal without breaking the law and paying the price.

10 Likes

It’s nothing more than hyperbole. “We don’t know when a fetus comes to life, but we believe it’s from the moment the egg and the sperm join for some reason” doesn’t have the same ring to it as “it’s murder”. They need hyperbole to justify taking people’s choice away from them.

4 Likes

And those who say that you’re potentially taking the life of a fetus/person with a bright future, probably not- some women can’t afford things to make their pregnancy go smoothly, so the baby would probably either end up dead, or with a disorder, then put into the foster care system, where they face abuse and neglect, and then the cycle repeats.

6 Likes

Tell me about it. The children of mothers who need abortions? The chances are that their futures aren’t going to be so bright. They could be brought into the world under any of these circumstances:

• Unwanted
  • Put into the system
  • Raised in extreme poverty
  • Possible r*pe victim mother
7 Likes

Which is worse, in my opinion- of ACTUALLY killing the fetus.

3 Likes