Anti-Abortion Laws/ Abortion Ban

I’m just saying the system should be changed to make things easier it’s not right that the system is so messed up that there’s a possibility for a child to not turn out right. Or have a terrible childhood.

2 Likes

I think you should take care of the child during pregnancy if you are able to, some people are too poor, however, to give the proper care needed and I think that is also when abortion is needed

2 Likes

But the majority of children get put in foster care though, 60% of children get put in foster care and stay there for at least 2-5 years before they get adopted… some never get adopted. And foster care is know for its abuse and just neglect. If you believe that you could never get an abortion that’s completely fine. But what if i wanted to get an abortion or got an abortion would that make me a bad person? Any woman should be able to have the CHOICE of having an abortion

2 Likes

True I’ve heard that stuff to which I understand that abortion could come into play because having a kid at 10 is just sad on so many levels. I’m not one to judge really I’m just saying I’m not comfortable with abortion I’m really not but things like that I see why it’s a thing

2 Likes

Okay I’m not saying anyone’s a bad person? I’m just speaking for me I couldn’t ya see this is why I don’t really speak on most topics like this :sweat_smile: I’m not good at this kinda stuff I just don’t believe in abortions that’s just who I am. I wouldn’t judge you or anyone for that matter. I mean as a kid my mom’s family talked about aborting me and it hurts to know that they thought my life was disturbing even more of a reason I don’t care for abortion they didn’t know how I’d turn out yet thought that was the best option. Which is why I’m closer with my mom because she told me how much she loves me and didn’t want it and it’s just me as a person I wouldn’t. I’m not saying you’re a bad person I don’t judge this is all just my opinions :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Oof sorry that sounded a bit rude now that i think about it. but i mean the way i tend to think about pro-life and pro-choice is just that people who are pro-life believe that there should be no choice and that it is shameful whereas people who are pro-choice even if they don’t believe in abortion themselves allow other people to do what they want so i guess when people say they are pro-life it makes me a bit defensive (i mean not really idk lol). just because i know someone who was my moms friend who had to get an abortion and it was very hard for her but she knew it was going to put her life in danger she got judged a lot for it and it was really bad. so sorry if it seemed rude.

2 Likes

I see what you mean which is why mostly I don’t refer to myself as pro life or choice because being pro life sounded so mean to me honestly especially to the women who do end up getting an abortion. Nah it’s fine and I’m sorry for your mom’s friend I bet that was really hard on her so much and eh I’m just a softy at times and have no clue why I really replied here :sweat_smile: I don’t do good in discussions like that just wanted to throw in how I felt tho. That’s why I stick to race talks more

But yeah no trying to place blame on anyone just yeah that’s all I had to say for this area of topics
:clap:t5:

1 Like

I just hate the fact that it was all men who made the law but there is no law for men abandoning a child they don’t want or no longer want to help be around. People were saying it takes two to make a baby and that the man should also have a choice which I agree but at the end of the day, it’s the women’s body that is affected not the man’s and a man can just wake up one day and decide he wants out whilst the woman no longer has a choice in the matter

7 Likes

No it’s totally fine! i think it’s really great that you stepped out of your comfort zone to discuss. i always think that it’s better to just look or at least understand these topics even if you don’t have a strong opinion on them. but anyways you should still look into it, there are lots of quizzes or tests you can take to see where you stand in politics and on these issues and it’s okay to be a bit of both

Exactly, until one of them gets pregnant they should not decide what women get do with their bodies. They aren’t pro-life they are pro-control

2 Likes

Exactly that
If it’s not your body or your child, it’s not your business. No one should ever take options away from anyone.
These same people that tell you not to abort are the same people who will turn their backs on you and watch you struggle raising the child when help is needed

7 Likes

4 Likes

I feel abortions should be done for reasons like when a women is r@ped, financial reasons (depending), and health issues. I won’t say I’m pro-choice and neither am I pro-life. :woman_shrugging:t4: This whole banning is just idiotic. The pro-life side is so stupid. They never do anything for when the baby is born. All they want is to control women.
:woman_facepalming:t4: I’m not here for it.

6 Likes

When it comes to abortion, I am 50/50 about this topic.

I agree with abortion because:

• If the woman was raped, she has the right to abort the baby because this can be a traumatic experience for her as she does not want the rapist to be the father of her child
  • Health conditions
  • Financial issues
  • I agree with the my body, my choice argument

I disagree with abortion because:

• Late term abortion is disgusting
  • Just don’t get pregnant in the first place. Birth control is always a better option to take precautions

Banning abortion would be very stupid, I don’t see the point of that.

Not to mention, pro-lifers are absolutely hateful it grinds my gears! Stop deciding for women.

7 Likes

i completely agree with you but I think that mostly people are very uneducated when it comes to sex because mostly it’s “if you have sex you’re disgusting, don’t have it. End of discussion.” For most teens, they aren’t gonna wait for 28 years until they get married and it they no idea about birth control or pregnancies. Abortions are never anyone’s first choice obviously but it can become quite frequent in some areas where very little is known about birth control or how to have safe sex

2 Likes

True.

I think that birth control should be taught at schools since people need to take precaution.

5 Likes

Yes absolutely. Liek if you don’t want abortions to happen then educate people better

2 Likes

Exactly.

I never had abortions before but I wouldn’t like the idea of getting abortions. But I don’t intend to have kids in the future. Plus, people should be careful who they have sex with because they never know who will get you pregnant and leave you.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly, obviously i don’t want to have to get an abortion but i also don’t think i would ever really want kids, i love them but i don’t know if i could take care of them ya know? especially not at this age.

3 Likes

I get what you mean, don’t worry.

I don’t hate kids, it’s just that I always get stressed out looking after them (I have cousins who are little. I love them but sometimes they don’t give me space).

2 Likes