Anyone Want Pottery Tips?

I’m no pottery expert at all and don’t ask me about the different types of clays, however, I’ve been doing pottery at school for a few years now and thought I’d offer some of the little insights I have if people want it!

Idk what type of clay we use in class, but it’s the type that has to be fired in a kiln and can be used on the wheel or for basically anything else you want to do. As long as you glaze it well and fire it you can eat out of it and it can safely go in the dishwasher (don’t take this as advice, again, idk what type of clay this is- this is only for if someone else might know what I’m talking about lol).

Ah, I’ve done pottery.

Ooh you have! Cool! For how long?

1 Like

Honestly, just whenever I get the chance. I haven’t done it in a long time. I don’t usually make things, I just paint then get it fired.

1 Like

I can tell you about different glazing techniques! Do you go somewhere to paint? Or like what do you do exactly?

1 Like

I haven’t painted in like five years. I can’t remember much. I did use a wheel at one point.

1 Like

Added some tags! :innocent:

We used to pottery at school as well and I even tried it at home. My best tip is to take your time and be patient :joy:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity