Archive of Our Own Club

As the title above says, this is a book club for Archive of Our Own stories. We can openly talk about who is your favorite writers, stories, fandoms, and so on. Though I will need to remind everyone to keep the conversation PG-13. That doesn’t mean you can’t talk about the more adult stories but you just can’t go into graphic details that are not safe for the younger groups to read.

@Discussions

5 Likes

hELLO THIS IS MY HOME NOW

to quote my fave book blogger

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 3.32.38 PM

i ADORE AO3
lately i’ve been really invested in one fandom, so most of my reads are from there but kdjbvf
y’all should get into it, i could scream about it forever

i’ve gotta say my fave fics from 2020 are
of covens and magicians by flavovitta
The (Mis)Adventures of Shipper Tsuzuru by ChetRoi
Place to Belong by chirpybird
through seasons, through letters, to you (especial 2019 mention: conventionally unconventional) both by Lollipop_Panda
and
portrait of a Δ by vagarius

i’m very lucky the A3! fandom is relatively small so i’ve talked to most of those authors and tbh AO3 has made me so happy during these times? and it’s given me so many great friends? i love it

4 Likes

popping up here to tell whoever checks this thread and / or uses AO3 that there’s a way to “ignore” or “hide” specific users in AO3! (and honestly it’s such a great feature!)

here’s how to do it:

every user has an ID number in their profile now, so go to their profile to find it

then go to your dashboard and click on "skins"

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.10.53 PM

there you click on “create a site skin” and on the “CSS” box you type in
.blurb.user-[user ID] {
display: none !important;
}

here's how it should look like on the site

you can add as many users as you want, but you have to put each of them in a new line of code like this

then all you need to do is give your skin a title and click submit and you’re done!

NOTE: if you are using a site skin already, you can just add the code to block users at the start / end of the code of your current skin and it should work with no problem :3

4 Likes

Interesting, good to know!

1 Like

So, how do you feel about writing fan fiction prompts? We would pick a fandom each week/biweekly/monthly to write. It would be similar to the Wattpad Stories for the Restricted Section Risque Prompts and the Animal Prompts. I thought this would be a good way to help those who love fanfiction could come together to make something of their own with the group.

What do you think of creating our own fanfiction?
  • Yes, I love this idea!
  • It’s an interesting idea. I might join. Tag me if you do go with it.
  • No, I don’t really care for the idea.

0 voters

Also, how long between prompts?
  • Weekly
  • Biweekly
  • Monthly

0 voters

Do you want to hold a weekly recommend a fanfiction event?
  • Yep, I’m game for this.
  • Maybe, tag me if you do go through with this.
  • No, I’m not into fanfiction.

0 voters

@Writers @TapasTeam @WattpadWizards @Bookworms @Cam

4 Likes

Sooo… what’s happening with this?

1 Like

Does anyone still want this to happen? Vote on the polls above to answer the question.

@Discussions
@Writers

1 Like

Personally not a fan of fanfiction so I don’t think I’ll be participating. It sounds like a good idea for those that like it though!

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity