Are academic awards really necessary?

Are academic awards really necessary?

So like awards like maybe trophies, scholarships, gift cards, etc for getting good grades and doing well in at least where I’m from is common. We would have assemblies to award those people.

Honestly, I think it’s a good idea at the basics, but gathering to award only the few people who get them among the whole school can be damaging. I just think it could be a little settled down and more face to face with awards and not so upfront, it can push kids down or make them feel upset, which is because they don’t understand. But who knows, schools do what they do and I can’t change that.

What about you? Do you think academic awards are really necessary? @Discussions

2 Likes

I got a couple once, and I was so proud of myself. I d think they can lower the self esteem of the ones who don’t get them, but it’s a good way to honor the students that deserve it.

1 Like

I mean here in the US at least a ton of people- basically everyone going to college depend on scholarships to get into them which is honestly kinda sad. So yeah, they’re necessary but it’s definitely a messed up system tho.

simple answer,

i want the coupons but in general not really :))

1 Like

Uh yeah well for me it is, because it shows how hard you worked at school to achieve it.
I got one so it’s pretty rad.

Closed due to inactivity