Are any of your family members into art?

Are any of your family members into art?

My family really isn’t into art and they aren’t interested at all. Well, I like art, but I’m the only one in my family :sweat_smile: That’s also why I’d never tell them about my art because they’d just laugh about it

4 Likes

ehhh not really, obviously my siblings are since their little- but anyone that’s older than them isn’t really :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

No, at least not anyone in my close family. A few second cousins are, but my dad wasn’t that artistic (though he did draw and paint with me a lot), and my mom liked drawing when she was a kid, but didn’t really pursue it later.

1 Like

If Music is Art, then yes.

1 Like

If music is art, as elixir said, yes. My dad played drums in a band, he could also play guitar and harmonica.

If making jewellery and such is art, yes. I have a cousin who makes a bunch of stuff with, I think she calls them svaroki beads or something like that. I have some of her necklaces and earrings as well as a Christmas tree ornament and a spider. Here’s the ornie:

3 Likes

My grandma quilts.

3 Likes

Yes! My mom and grandpa! My mom loves to paint and she’s always helping me with my assignments
When I was younger my grandpa used to draw with me so

2 Likes

I guess every member of my family does in different forms. Though my grandma uses many, many, MANY forms of art!!!

Any of your family into art, @OhSumana?

2 Likes

Yeah, my family and relatives use many forms of art too.
For example, I’m an artist (?) (or at least I try) (my uncle and I took art classes from the same teacher) and I took vocal classes for 6 years, with playing harmonium. My father used to play guitar and tabla. My mom was into sewing and I know a relative of mine makes jewelry. My uncles, with their friends, had an amateur band when they were young. And one of my grandmas used to weave handmade rugs.

2 Likes

WOAH! That’s incredible, there are sooo many different skills in your artsy family. I love it!

2 Likes

Problem is most of them discontinued their hobbies because of age.
Tho my uncle now teaches other kids to draw and paint in his free time. And I sometimes like to draw a bit. Most of the strings of father’s guitar are missing lol

2 Likes

And I have a little cousin and an aunt who like to dance but they practice different types of dances

2 Likes

Awwww, that’s sad. Cool that your uncle teaches in his spare time though, good on him.

Which dances?

2 Likes

Eh… My cousin is learning modern bollywood dance and my aunt, I think, did Kathak

2 Likes

DAMN! That’s cool. Though I’ll be honest, I did just have to look up what Kathak was… sow about that. (pleading_face)

2 Likes

Ah it’s fine if you don’t know. It’s one of the six classical dance forms of India.

2 Likes

Cool. I know now though.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity