Are music videos important to you?

I love music videos but they aren’t a necessity to me, I can enjoy songs with or without them! (This thread isn’t to share music videos since we already have a thread for that)

So are music videos important to you?

5 Likes

Not really. I love songs with or without the music video. The music video is just a way of giving you a view into the artists mind and what the song looks like to them.

2 Likes

Nope, not really. As long as music still exists, I’ll live. The video is just a bonus.

2 Likes

They were when I was a teenager, but now I don’t really care as long as I like the song.

1 Like

I don’t actually tend to watch them! I prefer to listen to music while doing other things, so even if I play the video, I’m not usually paying any attention to it.

1 Like

Not really, but the music videos of some of the groups I listen are really interesting. And listening to just the audio helps me envision my own concept for the song.

1 Like

I tend to not watch music videos since I listen to music through Apple Music and mostly use YouTube for watching other kinds of videos. However, I love it when music videos have stories that span multiple videos, examples being Welcome to the Black Parade and Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance as well as Say Amen (Saturday Night), This is Gospel, and Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At the Disco.

i literally dont care. but sometimes its nice to have visuals~

Since I watch music video while help me learn the beat of songs on piano. So it kinda important to me. :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t really watch music videos that much. When I do see the music video of a song I like it’s nice, but they aren’t important to me. The most I usually would do would be a lyric video so I can see what the lyrics are as I listen.

I do still love music videos and think they are peak levels of rad! The music videos for the bands I like tend to be dark and theatrical.

Be still my emo heart

2 Likes

I feel like music videos are very important. Even though I’m a billie eilish fan. Her videos are creative and so different. I feel like it’s about the visuals and the art and not just what you can sing.

1 Like

Billie Eilish puts alot of effort into those videos and even though I’m not a fan that is something I will applaud :eyes:

1 Like

haha! she really does. she has done things that she is afraid of, just so that people can see how her mind works and how she creates them. For example, putting blue ink in her eyes, spiders in her mouth, going underwater (she is afraid of deep water). I love her courage

1 Like

I really like good music videos but I wouldn’t just not listen to a song if there’s no music video. It just makes it more likely that I’ll listen to that song on youtube to watch the video at the same time. But I don’t need a music video to like a song

I love good music videos, I wish I could make them but what Cat said - I don’t need a music video to like a song

Added #video tag

Music videos aren’t really important to me.
If the song I’m listening to does have a music video, I’ll definitely be curious to see what it is about.

Closed due to inactivity.