Are raps hard to memorise?

I don’t think raps are that difficult to memorise but I know many people who say they can’t get all those words in their head :sweat_smile: For me, it really depends on whether I like and understand the message of it or not. Understanding it makes it a lot easier for me to memorise it.

What do you think? Are raps hard to memorise?

5 Likes

I agree that understanding it makes it a lot easier so the only rapper that i can memorise their lyrics is NF. His music is super relatable and inspiring which makes it easy for me to remember the lyrics.

1 Like

I think it depends on the flow. Nicki Minaj raps quick in a lot of her songs but the more you listen the more you pick it up!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s hard to memorise the lyric, it’s hard to rap!
I know many Eminem’s songs but can I rap like him? Nope…

1 Like

I really don’t think rap is too hard to memorize. You have to learn the rhythm and music of the piece, which you have to do for any music. There might be more lyrics, but that’s not a major difference from learning a long song or multiple songs. I suppose their lack of clear pitch can make it a bit harder for me to remember them, but at least it’s one less thing to worry about most of the time. They can be really hard to perform, though.

1 Like

Added opinion tag :sparkles:

1 Like

Ngl I love memorizing raps it’s so satisfying
It can be hard but usually it’s not that hard if I read it with the song a bunch of times

2 Likes

As someone who’s almost completely memorized “The Message” by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five as well as “Get Money” by Junior MAFIA… not really, I guess

1 Like

(added memory tag :eyes::green_heart:)