Are there any films that were given awards that you think were undeserved?

Are there any films that were given awards that you think were undeserved? Honestly I can’t say there are films I know that got awards. I don’t personally pay attention, but I’m sure there’s some people around here with some thoughts about movies with awards that are staggering. :rofl:

1 Like

Sucide Squad for Best Makeup

Doctor Dolittle(1967). Seriously an awful film.

Not undeserved because someone put effort into most movies that get awards. Sometimes I don’t fully agree with which movie gets which award but I’m not an expert on movies so I don’t feel like I’m the one to ask if an award is underserved or not

My general hot take on this whole subject is that imo, reward ceremonies for movies are kinda pointless. If they were done in private and were just people congragulating creativity then I wouldn’t have a problem. But a lot of the time it doesn’t seem like the public agree with choices which were made by the comitees in charge of the events, which leads to elitism and gatekeeping, but most importantly it leads to movies being made that follow the same formulas instead of actually breaking away.

1 Like