Are there any foods that bring back special memories for you?

There are plenty of foods that bring back special memories for me, especially if I ate them with people that are/were important to me. One that I remember very fondly would be rolled ice cream, because my nephews and I went to a rolled ice cream shop for the first time together in February 2019, and before the place opened, I had always wanted to try rolled ice cream.

Anyone have any foods that bring back special memories? @Foodies

1 Like

Take Five candy bar…my first boyfriend.

2 Likes

Green apple ice cream :relaxed:

2 Likes

There used to be many foods that bring back special memories for me but now I can’t really think of any anymore :thinking: They were special because of the people I ate them with or because of the people whose favourite foods they were.

1 Like

Green apple…ice cream?

Green apple flavored

1 Like

Well, I figured as much. I’m just surprised. Is it sour?

Hmm, eating Thai food always brings back a lot of memories to the amazing holiday I had there :thinking: In general I am pretty nostalgic about food, but that’s the biggest one.

A certain coffee-flavoured candy.
Someone used to give me that.

Rhubarb crumble and watching Labyrinth

1 Like

Parcha/Passion Fruit: Summers picking them off vines in Puerto Rico.
Oranges/Mandarins: My grandmother feeding me segments of them.
Casaba: My indigenous heritage, and the realization that Caribbeans from other areas share a lot more in culture than they differ.
Cheesecake with chocolate nuggets in them: My oldest sister’s presence back when she lived nearby.
Donut holes: My middle sister’s presence back when she lived nearby.
Fried sweet potato slices: One of the few foods my father cooks himself, and rather well. One of the most delicious ways to heat sweet potatoes.
Sweet potato with toasted marshmallow topping: My godsister, who actually lived with us for a few years while she tried to get back on her feet.
Steak and Onions: My mom’s secret recipe, which she only passed on to me, the only person in the family who can’t eat red meat. The irony kills me.

2 Likes

Umm… not quite sure how I feel about this one.

Yummm… dinner at your house? I’ll bring the wine/drinks!

1 Like

@CrazyCaliope I know the sweet potato casserole with cinnamon sugar and marshmallows sounds weird, but it’s ridiculously tasty. I’m going to miss not being able to eat it this Thanksgiving.

Quite weird, yes. I mean, our version of sweet potato here is called Kumara and I just can’t imagine it. Oh, how come you’re going to miss it?

1 Like

I doubt that my godsister will bring any with her should she visit. She visits very rarely these days.

1 Like

Awwww, that’s unfortunate

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity