Are there any foods that remind you of certain people?

Spanakopita, a Greek spinach phyllo pastry, reminds me of my mom, because it’s her favorite food.
Manoushe, a Lebanese flatbread, and kafta, meat skewers, remind me of my nephews because those are their favorite foods. Likewise, rolled ice cream also reminds me of them because the first time I tasted rolled ice cream, it was with them.

And there are many other foods that remind me of people, maybe because it’s their favorite food, because I tried it for the first time with them, or because there is a specific memory connect to it.

What about you?
@/Foodies

3 Likes

I love Spanakopita!

2 Likes

Rhubarb Crumble reminds me of the film Labyrinth, does that count?

Salted-caramel dark chocolate reminds me of my best friend, Nastia, in Russia.
Candy floss reminds me of one of my besties, Gabi, in NZ.

I can’t think of any more right now.

Added the #people tag :blossom:

Chicken reminds me of @anon68003072 does that work :joy:

1 Like

I’m tortilla

1 Like

Chicken reminds me of you too :smiley:

1 Like

:sneezing_face::poultry_leg:

1 Like

I really cannot stand cucumbers because it reminds me of my cousin that crash diets and she only eats them yet she gets praised for glorifying anorexia. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

@Ouijaloveletters reminds me of an Oreo and spaghetti. Not together, obviously. But each one individually, not sure why.

Whereas, @Jessica.epi reminds me of liquorice, and I don’t know why with this one either.

My friend reminds me of pljeskavica because when we were young she dropped the meat and ate it off the ground, I can’t erase that from my mind

Closed due to inactivity