Are there any traditional stories in your culture?

Well personally, I don’t belong more to a certain culture, mostly because I grew up with different types around me, so I’m definitely mixed, but even then I haven’t really come across or noticed like a culturally specific story that I know of lol.

You guys? @Discussions

1 Like

Indigenous Taino beliefs included Zemi…little sculptures, usually made out of clay or the bone of a deceased loved one that they would either carry around or keep at their home with the idea that the person’s spirit could be consulted through them for healing and advice…which is a complete contrast to the Catholic idea of “if you don’t bury your loved one within the year and keep holding onto the person’s ashes, you’re causing your loved ones unrest.”

I think I’ll go the Lion King route. ‘When we die, we become the grass, and antelope eat the grass, therefore we are part of the circle of life.’

yup! I still have CDs of mannnnnny stories and they also have a YouTube channel

Mahabharata and Ramayana are pretty popular stories…

I am Danish, we have a lot of famouse authors, Hans Christian Andersen. as the only example on top of my head

then there is Asatro, the religion most know under the Name Nordic religion, the one with Thor Odin Loki and so on.

we also have a few different Danish myths. like the myth of our flag their feel from the sky.

The story of Gorm, the statue there there will wake up to protect Denmark in need. He didn’t under WW2 so I dont know what els is suppose to happen for him to wake up.

Closed due to inactivity