Are You a Planner/Plotter or a Pantser?

Defininetly and Pantser.

Prefer something in between.

1 Like

And sheā€™s jumped to another story where she will hopefully plan just a little and pants some more.

And hopefully will no longer write in third person about herself.

Iā€™ve become a bit more of a planner, but Iā€™m still a pantser

2 Likes

Iā€™m both. I picture the main but still vague idea and then I realise itā€™d be good. Then I start thinking about how the story wold go and I usually make up a great ending. However the middle of the story is something I make up as I go and when doing it I just feel like I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing and I stop after a while because I donā€™t know where to go from here and how to get to the ending and I have a feeling the readers would see the middle part is jsut plain crap.

1 Like

I am a planner in heart since I am quite a perfectionist but still free enough to make changes on the go if I feel like it

2 Likes

Bump.

Hereā€™s a poll for you all. :white_heart:

• Plotter
  • Pantser
  • Plantser

0 voters

I kind of plan the story out but then I donā€™t know how to start writing it.

1 Like

Iā€™m usually a pantser but now I made a complete plot graph of my new story and Iā€™m following it trought, which is unlike me, but I bet this will be the one story I actually finish

Lately, Iā€™m a planner.

Iā€™m actually both. First, I plan the main characters, main plot, MCā€™s family, looks, etc.
If I have a particular scene in mind with certain bits of dialogues, Iā€™ll write it down so I can incorporate it into the story at some point.

But I donā€™t do an outline of each chapter, and I definitely never plan the ending or number or chapters. I just add on to the ideas I have for each chapter, and sometimes this random idea pops into my mind, and I just open up the Writerā€™s Portal and make a chapter based on that.

1 Like

I plantsed all the stories I wrote.

3 Likes

I am a plant.

3 Likes

Same! :yum::white_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m more of a pantser than a plotter. I normally only plan one or two important events in my stories and I often have an ending in mind, but end up taking a different ending :joy:

Added tags discussion and writing chat!

Iā€™m a pantser lol. Itā€™s just more fun to write that way. But I do have a plan/structure most of the time otherwise I begin writing the story and write a lot only to find a huge plot hole or something Iā€™ve missed.

Iā€™m trying to plan more by using a spreadsheet to organize each scene, but usually I get this random burst of inspiration, and lots of good scenes come out of that.

bump.
Also iā€™m mostly a planner i plan an episode before i code it for example iā€™ll plan out the first chapter and the characters and everything and then i code it. Then i plan episode 2 when i get inspiration and then when i can be bothered i code it and repeat.

1 Like

Bumpity bump!!

Iā€™d say that I am more of a planner and plotter because when it comes to writing the chapter, I will have to check thoroughly to see if I am happy with the spelling and grammar before I move onto the next chapter. I have already made a lot of documents to help me with my story such as:

• Character profiles
  • Writing summaries of chapters in bullet points
  • Set the writing in book form

Bump! :cloud::yellow_heart:

Iā€™m a pantser. I got some main events and plots thought out but else than that I write as I go and might add new stuff and remove planned stuff as I see fit. I tend to jump around in the story, I donā€™t write from point A to B to C chronologically but just write as I feel.

I donā€™t think you can plan everything beforehand nor that you can just sit down and get everything fit together without any plan at all. I do just sit down, but I think about the story when Iā€™m not writing but I donā€™t think thatā€™s enough to be called a plotter.

1 Like