Are you right-brained or left-brained?

The Left Brain Right Brain is a theory that suggests a person is “dominated” by either their left brain or their right brain, determined by a set of traits they most likely will lean to. While it is definite that you work with the whole of your brain, it is also believed that one brain is more dominant from the other. Here are the traits you can read through to know if you’re right brain dominant of left brain dominant:

For those who aren’t sure about it (like me), there’s this test I took just recently. I also took another one from before and got 50/50 as a result (which is funny so I thought that test was kind of inaccurate). From this test, I got 42%, leaning towards my left-brain.

Here's what I got

Studies on patients with brain damage have allowed scientists to determine how each side of the brain controls different functions. The left hemisphere, for example, specializes in language skills and logic. The right hemisphere allows us to recognize shapes and faces and express and read. Most people are not likely to be strictly left-brain or right-brained - we use each side of our brain depending on the task we’re dealing with. However, some theorists and researchers believe that there may be one side of the brain that we draw on more, which can in turn make the personality traits characteristic of that side of the brain to be more dominant than others.

How to read your results: If you score closer to the right side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically right-brain. If you score closer to the left side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically left-brain. If you score somewhere in the middle, you share characteristics of both sides of the brain.

Both your right and left hemisphere seem to have reached a level of perfect harmony - rather than trying to dominant each other, they work together to create a unique and well-balanced “you”. Your spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while your left brain helps you make sense of it and keep track of everything.

When faced with a problem or a tough decision, you’re not only able to break things down and make an informed and sensible choice, but you’re also not afraid to go with your gut when necessary. You tend to express your individuality both in words and actions, and although you’re perfectly comfortable running on a schedule or planning things ahead of time, there are occasions when you love to throw in a little spontaneity.

Your balanced outlook and approach to life creates a desire in you to not only understand the world, but to also take it in your hands and mold it as you see fit. With both your right and left hemispheres working together to guide you, you are able to understand yourself and life in general from so many wonderful perspectives.

I agree with this. I’m gonna say I’m dominated by both of them, though the test says I’m more of a left-brained person; however, when I ask people what I could be, they always say I’m right-brained so… I’m still confused lol

So what about you guys, which brain do you think you lean more towards? Or, if you decided to take the test, what did you get?

@Discussions

9 Likes

I’m no brained

11 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::+1:

4 Likes

Full brain :astonished::muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

woahwoahwoah :astonished:

4 Likes

Yeah idk i am watching cheap Christmas movies so cant do this rn :rage::rage::rage::carousel_horse::electric_plug:

5 Likes

Wow :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m right brained

2 Likes

I havent done yhe test yet but i might get 50/50-
I can get really emoshunal ok
And logical too sometimes when anxious or overthinking sm

2 Likes

I got 50/50 LMAOOO

But I actually think I’m more right-brained since I do act on my intuition and I like to think I’m more creative than logical :thinking:

2 Likes

Multi-tasking brain

But I’m more of a right brain thinker.

3 Likes

woah so many balanced brains sm :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Damn tell me them :hot_face:

4 Likes

I’m right brained

I’m definitely not logical about anything in life :slightly_smiling_face: and I do tend to drift of a lot and my imagination- just to put it lightly I thought a branch was a dead fantasy pony :skull: I don’t know-

3 Likes

I dotn wanan take test too lazy :sob::wave:
Procastinashun

2 Likes

Are u sure? :blush::blush::clown_face::raising_hand_woman:t3:

2 Likes

I’m left-brained. Wowowowow.

2 Likes

There are so many right-brained here. Loner sm :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

2 Likes

I’m definitely left brained

1 Like

Lol when I saw that language and creativity were separated, I knew I’d get a result like this! For me, I view my own creativity through logical eyes. I do something creative and then break it down on my blog for other people to do it too

4 Likes