Are You the One? - Season Nine - Official Thread

Are You the One?

Welcome to season nine of Are You The One, a reality show in which twenty-two competitors will compete in hopes of finding love and winning a million-dollar prize. All competitors will have a perfect match, but they will not know who it is, as their goal is to find their perfect match. This season takes place in Punta Mita, Mexico.

In this roleplay, each week will be three RP days. Each RP day will equal two days in real life. (Although I may change this if the RP moves very slowly or quickly)

During the first day, there will be a competition and there will be two (sometimes three and maybe only one) winners. The winners will be able to choose who they want to take on a date unless it’s one of the weeks where someone else chooses for them. (I am not sure if I will be doing that this season or not though) After the competition, all of the contestants will socialize in the villa.

During the second day, the date will take place and the other contestants will socialize in the villa. The rest of the contestants will also choose which couple on the date they want to send into the truth booth, which will reveal if the couple is a perfect match or not. The chosen couple will then get in the booth when they get back from their date and if they are a perfect match they will spend one last night with the other contestants before going off to the honeymoon suite. If they are not a perfect match, they will have to try to move on to continue on in the search of their perfect match.

During the third day, the contestants will socialize and get ready for the match ceremony at night. Each week either the girls or guys will have their pick of who they want to sit with at the ceremony. There will then be eleven lights and every light represents a perfect match. The number of lights that are lit is how many perfect matches are sitting together at the ceremony.

There may be other events that take place during the days, such as parties and additional challenges.

The goal of the game is that by the end of eleven weeks all eleven lights will be on. If they are, the million-dollar prize will split in between all the contestants. If they are not, they will walk away with nothing.

Rules:
-Turn notifications on for this thread!
-Write at least 5-6 sentences per character!
-If your character is approachable, make them approach another approachable character, don’t just wait for some to approach your character or just post that they’re approachable if you know others are too!
-You must be active! (Please have about a conversation (at least five posts on your part in response to the same character) per character a day!)
-If you have multiple characters, do not neglect some of them and only focus on certain characters!
-Make sure to keep the roleplay dramatic, so add drama!
-If you are not active for longer than two days without letting me know beforehand, your characters may be put up for adoption! Your character can also be put up for adoption if I decide that you are not active enough! I might be doing a warning system this season.
-Let me know if you are going away! (PM me or let me know in the sign-up/chat thread)
-No contact with the outside world is allowed. (Unless permitted by , the host, but you’d have to ask me first)
-No electronic devices are allowed unless they are already in the house like the TV, but there is nothing on the TV for the characters to watch.
-No books, music, animals, or most things from the outside world are allowed unless they are brought in by the host/production, in which case I would announce it. (Ask me if you are unsure if something would be allowed in the house)
-Characters may not leave the area of the house unless they have permission. (From me. For challenges, dates, etc)
-Once your character has found their perfect match in the truth booth and goes to the hotel, they will only be playable at the light ceremony.
-Sex is allowed (In the show there’s actually a room called the boom boom room which is in the roleplay), but obviously no graphic details! After clothes are off, either you take it to a PM or just time skip!
-Censor curse words!
-DO NOT share details about your characters with anybody else. The only thing you’re allowed to share is whatever is on the faceclaims. Do not share their personality or biography or interests or what they’re looking for in a person. The reason for this is that then it might be easier to determine who is a perfect match which ruins the whole point of the roleplay. The purpose is to discover what the other characters are like yourself instead of being told.
-When you roleplay, please try to stay with what you wrote and don’t change your characters’ personalities because if you do, their perfect match won’t be as compatible with them. If you need your character’s personality or bio or something, you can PM @Littlefeets and @Kate, the matchmakers!
Do not tell me any information about your characters though. If you need anything else that doesn’t have to do with your characters’ personalities or the matches, PM me.
-If you are not writing in character, write OOC (Out of Character) or ORP. (Out of Roleplay) Blurring the OOCs is preferable. Try to avoid writing out of character and just type whatever you want to say in the sign-up thread/chat. I’m the only one that can break this rule.
-Do not advertise your own RPs/SGs/any of that on here or the sign-up thread!

If those rules are broken, some will make your character go up for adoption immediately, others will give you a warning or two before your character goes up for adoption!

Waitlist:

Faceclaims: Click here!
Map/pictures of the house: Click here!
Sign-up thread: Click here!
Chat thread: Click here!

@CerealKiller, @Madilnel, @Littlefeets, @astxrism, @Kbail, @raviola, @Kate, @Wonky, @Jass, @sofia

If you need me to explain anything in more detail, tell me on the sign-up/chat thread or PM me!

List of approachable characters (if your character is on this list, approach another approachable character on this list):

9 Likes

TuesdayMorera

I looked in the mirror with a smile, noticing that the makeup artist who was assigned to me had actually done well. I hated when people messed things up or didn’t meet my expectations, which were quite high. I smoothed out my dress and looked in the mirror one more time before looking over at some man who had just walked in.

“She’s ready.” My makeup artist told the man.

The man nodded, then grabbed my suitcase and started walking toward the door. “Follow me.”

I stood up and followed him out the door, which led to a Jeep right outside. The man put my suitcase in the trunk and told me to get in as he got in the driver’s seat.

A Jeep? Really? They could’ve at least brought in a G-Wagon. I reluctantly stepped in the car and looked out the window, not bothering to open it as I didn’t want to mess up my hair. The view was nice, I had to admit. I was planning on traveling to one of my places in the Caribbean if it didn’t work out with this show, but now I was here and someplace nice anyway. I’m just hoping the villa is nice. I can’t imagine having to live someplace I don’t like for months.

Eventually, we arrived at the villa. I stepped out of the car and grabbed the handle to my suitcase that the driver took out of the trunk. Not bad. The villa wasn’t exactly my taste, but it was nice. As I walked toward the pavilion, I noticed that it seemed pretty empty, except for the cameramen following me. I noticed the host standing in the middle of the pavilion. They then greeted me and sent me off so they could greet the next person who was walking in.

Since I was the first one to arrive, I decided to look for the bedrooms. I wanted the best bed and wasn’t going to let anyone take that from me.

Outfit/makeup/hair

AmbrosiaHolstrom

I took a deep breath as the woman behind me fixed my hair. This was unlike anything I had ever done before and though it was kind of exciting, I couldn’t help but think about work. One of my employees would be taking over while I was gone and I knew I could trust her but knowing that someone else would be handling my business stressed me a little. Still, I had to try and take my mind off of this. I would be here for months to come and worrying wouldn’t get me anywhere.

A man came into the room and asked my hairstylist if I was ready to go, which interrupted my train of thought. Once the hairstylist told him that I was ready, he started heading out the door with my suitcase in hand.

I reluctantly looked at the woman behind me, wondering if I should follow him or not. She nodded, understanding that I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to go after him. With that, I stood up and left the room.

A jeep waited for me outside with the man in the driver’s seat. He motioned for me to get in, which I did, fastening my seatbelt, locking the door, and lowering the window slightly once I got in. As the car sped by the scenery, I found myself wishing that I was allowed to bring a camera with me. Getting photos of the scenery would have been nice.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the villa. I got out of the car and was handed my suitcase by the man who drove the Jeep. My hand tightly gripped the handle of my suitcase as I crossed the bridge to enter the pavilion. Once I reached the pavilion, the host greeted me and the cameras focused on me for a bit longer, before making their way back up to the next person who was leaving the car. I had noticed a girl walking into someplace in the villa when I had arrived, but I was a little too shy to find her and introduce myself so I decided to find the kitchen instead, hoping that’s not where she was headed. Some food to stress eat would be nice right now.

Her outfit (no sunglasses) and hair

UriStoltzfus

I coughed a few times, fanning around my face for a moment right after the person doing my hair sprayed hairspray everywhere. The woman doing my hair seemed kind of distracted as she was talking to someone else who was right nearby.

“You’re done. I’ll be back but stay here. If the man with the black suit comes in, just tell him you’re ready. Have fun.” She walked off into some other room, leaving me a little confused. I sat still, following her orders, unsure of what to do as I waited. However, I did not need to think of a solution as the man with the black suit walked in.

“I’m ready. My hairstylist went somewhere but she said I’m done.” I told the man, who then nodded, grabbed my suitcase, and headed out the door.

I followed him to a Jeep and got in, rolling down the windows once I was inside. I had never gone to Mexico before and the nature here was beautiful. Even though I wasn’t here for a free vacation, the prospect of staying in Mexico with this scenery for months excited me. However, I also felt a bit down at the same time. I was going to miss Essa, I had never been apart from her for so long and they didn’t let me bring her along.

We soon arrived at the villa and I got out of the car, taking my suitcase with me and heading down the bridge to greet the person I saw standing on the other end. That ended up being the host, who welcomed me to the show and then sent me off so the next person could arrive. I didn’t see anyone else in the villa so I decided to look around but stay in the general area of the pavilion since I wasn’t sure if we were supposed to go elsewhere.

His outfit (no hat)

OOC: They’re all approachable!

5 Likes

Clicking sounds of heels as they echo their presence on a hard stone floor was Amberleigh’s favourite sound. It reminded her of childhood and her mother, who she had a strange but good relationship with, no matter what they’ve been through. That was the exact sound you could hear as Amberleigh Weaver, a short girl in black stilettos, made her way through the front door, dragging a white suitcase behind her. Before she arrived, she’d gotten a little “makeover”. Not that she needed it. Amberleigh did enjoy that, it was a pleasant and exciting experience but she didn’t think it was necessary. Light makeup and natural waves was her signature look, she loved looking natural and showing her light freckles but she let the team do whatever they wanted. Amberleigh did want to look good showing up at that villa, after all. More than everything she wanted to see who she’d attract.

Before walking in, she was greeted by the host but her gaze immediately went to the front door, noticing someone walked in before her but she didn’t have a good look at them. A half smile, almost forced, appeared on her lips when she finally locked eyes with the host. She straightened up and pushed her hair over her shoulder, simply listening to the person in front of her, not saying a thing. Thanking the host, she walked away, letting him talk to the person that was supposed to come after her.

Stopping in the middle of the hallway, she looked down at the tight, black dress she was wearing - her hands instantly moving to adjust it. Was she nervous? Was she happy? Well, it wasn’t that easy to tell. It never really was. You could never really know how Amberleigh was feeling unless she told you. So now she had a straight face as she was looking around, even if she was genuinely impressed with it. She’d seen some beautiful places and this was definitely one of them. As the clicking sounds continued, Amberleigh found the room she’d be sharing with strangers for a while and left her suitcase by the bed that was assigned to her. It was a very nice room but she wasn’t sure how she felt about sharing it with people she’d never met before. In fact, she wasn’t sure about this whole experience and “finding the one”. Her friends thought it was a good idea and she
 she also had high hopes but she just wasn’t sure.

Moving on, she walked around for a bit and when she reached the kitchen she finally saw someone. A beautiful girl she decided to just ignore. She’d approach Amberleigh if she wanted, there was no rush. So simply looking away from her, she continued walking, reaching the backyard and stopping there.

Outfit

Approachable

5 Likes

Today I was kind of frowny about going to a hot tropical villa and having to talk to younger men, but at least I looked pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I wore a denim jacket with matching embroidered jeans, practically nothing worn underneath the rough material. A stringy bikini top and promiscous, stringier underwear. But I owned it. I would wear a more modest outfit to avoid disappointing my father, but I was already on a dating show so why bother. Plus, I think he’d like me to be confident.

I thought about it as I finished polishing the little details before I could walk into hair and makeup. I sat at a directors chair, and they did a fine job if I do say so myself. I looked stunning in the hand mirror, smiling at my reflection and maintaining the grin naturally when I saw the pleasure of the artist. I thanked her politely and made an exit. Although I may be cruel and vain, I will never be rude to service workers. I refuse to disrespect anyone who has helped me. Whether it be big or small, I owe them my kindness.

Ah, the villa. I thought, stopping my suitcase before the entrance. It was
 quaint. The breeze was fresh with a hint of the salt of the sea. Though all I could see was green and tan. I did not like it.

God, it was hot. I could have sworn I felt moisture on my skin, particularly the back of my neck, so I began to pull my hair up. Which I rarely ever do
 usually only when it involves bruises on my knees when I think about it, but this seemed a necessary evil. Lightly tapping my fingers on my neck, it didn’t seem too bad, so I let my hair fall back down and simply pulled my jacket off behind my back, revealing my fair upper body. I tied it around my luggage handle for now and letting it sag as I dragged it into the surprisingly spacious sitting room where I was greeted by the host. They didn’t give me too much trouble yet, so I kept my smart mouth shut and continued walking. I was bored already. Nothing to insult.

Hold that thought I smiled, thinking to myself maliciously. A twitchy brunette who’s look matched the trashy villa stood unsuspecting in the backyard so I decided to bother her, making myself a quick drink at the bar, and then walking up to her with the delicate steps of my brown stilettos “Forgive me if I’m wrong, but this show is Are You The One, not Who Can Style a Trash Bag Best. I love your idea though!! It looks very humble.” I said smiling condescendingly. Seeing her initial reaction, I knew I had made a testy choice. This girl didn’t look fiery. Which was good, those women make it way too easy and ruin all of my fun. I already had a couple of those marked. One of them was a tall blonde woman who’s eyes looked shallow when they met mine, although her frown deep. It was a miracle that she didn’t have wrinkles.
Or botox.

Fit

@astxrism have funnnnnn

4 Likes

Being around a set with hair and make-up wasn’t something new to Lynn, however, in no way that could be comparable to what was going on right now. Her shoulder-length hair was already in a half updo with a braid to each side while the finishing touches were executed by the make-up artist. Lynn had asked her to keep it simple, but still, layers of make-up went on her face. She didn’t mind however while she saw her reflection in the mirror smile. When a few minutes later the visagiste said she was finished, she looked in the mirror one last time. She thought she looked pretty in the black and white stripped oversized blouse which had been knotted in the from and denim shorts.

She stepped in the jeep that was waiting for her after stumbling a ‘good day’ to the driver, she had no idea of time so it felt awkward to say either morning or afternoon. The drive was a good moment for Lynn to build up some excitement about all of this. Part of her couldn’t believe she was actually doing this, she had taken a massive risk. The car stopped and she knew at that instant she had arrived. She stepped out of the car and greeted the host, she hadn’t noticed anyone was there yet and decided to go and explore the outdoor area first. She was amazed by how gorgeous the outdoors was, and had the feeling this could for sure be the place where they would be spending most of the time. She decided to go sit down for a minute and take it all in, enjoying the view of the sea.

ORP: approachable for @CerealKiller

Outfit (no sunglasses or bag)

Aiysha looked at the mirror hesitant, she had never worn make-up like this. Not that she never wore make-up, cause she did basically every day, she was just very picky about how she looked. Now her freckles had been completely covered by the foundation, which bothered her because her freckles were the favorite part about herself. Nervously she started playing with her hair, which was in a high ponytail. Should I say something about it, or should I not? continued running through her head. She didn’t want to make a bad impression on the production team right from the start, so she put a forced smile on her face and thanked the make-up artist.

She was taken to a jeep, wobbling on her heels while she tried to get in gracefully with her long white dress. She avoided eye contact with the driver who must have seen that awkward moment. The whole drive she just stared out of the window, thinking about her family. She had never been away from them, so this sudden separation made her feel a little lost. At the same time however, she felt a sense of empowerment. For the first time in her life, she was doing something because she truly wanted to do it.

A few minutes later the jeep had arrived and she walked towards the entry, she had a short interaction with the host and then continued walked into the house which she just explored a little.

ORP: approachable anywhere in the house, I don’t mind if the location is decided for her. I won’t reply before 2020-12-13T09:00:00Z however!

Outfit (without the bag)

5 Likes

The jeep pulled over and Athena got out, standing at the front of the house with one hand in her pocket and one on the handle of her suitcase. It was probably the biggest house she has ever seen which was quite intriguing to say the least, she wasn’t fancy or materialistic whatsoever but realising she was going to live in that house for the near future was definitely a different and interesting feeling, in a good way.

Before coming to the house she had to go though a hair and makeup session, which she would honestly prefer to skip and do it on her own, but it wasn’t how the show worked so she let them do their job, but still pointed things out to the stylists so they kind of do it the way she wanted, it was her face after all.
And she had a pretty specific taste when it came to her own style, so she didn’t like just anything.
She was a big fan of head scarfs for example, and owned quite a few of them, and when it came to makeup she would usually prefer light basic makeup and mascara, no extravaganza or anything, but if she was going for something fancier she’d just add a lipstick. that was pretty much it, so she didn’t see the need in having two different stylists hovering over her while she guides them, when she could have clearly done in herself like she does every day.

She walked into the house and took off her sunglasses as she was greeted by the host, they were nice and seemed like a cool person, which was already a good start even though it was just the host and not even a contestant.
Honestly, being where she was at that moment was quite a surprise for her, she did sign up for it but she was also partly surprised they actually supposedly found a perfect match for her, not in a bad insecure way, but in the ‘not everyone can handle her’ kind of way. It wasn’t a shame to say but Athena is indeed quite a bold person, both personality-wise and exterior-wise, and she knew it. It was part of who she was, but not everyone appreciated that, so it was nice to think there was potentially someone in here who fits her and won’t get swallowed in the background.

Athena walked and looked around the house, it was very different from her own, but that was a good thing in her eyes because she did like new things that might be out of her comfort zone, they kept life interesting, what’s the point in a boring life?
At this point in her looking aroung she had entered the bar area, which seemed like a good place to start, she always loved a good bar.

approachable

Outfit

without the bag

4 Likes

Addison sat in the dressing room FaceTiming her twin sister which she already missed, as the stylists worked on her hair and makeup, she was the type of girl who could one day go all makeup, heels and a dress, and the next day do the exact same things but in a band t-shirt and a pair of jeans. But as much as she did enjoy having her makeup and hair done and all, she wouldn’t necessarily consider herself a ‘girly’ girl, especially since she just generally thought gender roles were lowkey stupid, and enjoyed challenging them.

As they were done, her phone was taken away and the girl was lead out to a jeep that took her to the villa, where the host greeted her with a smile, having her smile back as well.
She hasn’t seen many people around, only one girl which headed to what seemed to be the kitchen, so the rest of them were either somewhere around the house or just haven’t arrived yet, so she decided to take the opportunity and give herself a little tour around the villa before things start to happen.

The house was big, and the style and design of it was interesting but she liked it quite a lot. Having some Mexican roots, Addison had been to Mexico before, but this now was a total different type of experience she was looking forward to, hoping for a good outcome.
Considering she wasn’t even the one who signed up for this, it was quite interesting, but she was definitely glad to be where she was and wanted to make the best out of it, in all aspects.

approachable

Outfit

Without the bag

4 Likes

(っ◔◡◔)っ ᑕᗩá’ȘEᑎ ᑎOYᗩ

Two ladies helped Calen co-ordinate his outfit. Fashion wasn’t exactly his forte, considering he spent most of his time in turtle necks or scrubs. It was surprisingly nice to feel so refreshed as he was hurried away into the jeep. The weather wasn’t all that different to that in his childhood and Calen noted that as the drive commenced.
He never thought he’d be on something so widely projected. Heck, his mother signed him up for this. Although, he wasn’t so opposed to the idea; it was just so
new. Unfamiliar, and exciting.
When Calen reached the villa, he was in awe. The sheer size of the place was enough to make most men fall prey under the large building. He was greeted by the host and hurried onwards, anticipating all the new people he would meet. By his side, the grey suitcase rolled as he reached the pavilion. The first person he saw was a bearded guy, the same height as him. He had a nice look about him, as though he were to help grandmas cross the road or donate to charity. And so, he approached.
“Hey, I’m Calen.” He outstretched his hand, in hopes of a handshake to get past that awkward first stage of an amazing friendship. “You’re actually the first person i’ve introduced myself to.”

Fit n Hair

@sofia (Uri)

4 Likes

Jc only got like 3 hours of sleep last night, too busy to rest and on call with his acting coach from his hotel room, but he was ready and feeling okay, eating a delicious and fruity mexican breakfast that tasted a little bit different from breakfast in his extended family’s city a bit further north. It still involved alot of tortillas and unreasonably old cheese that his family loves so unbearably much, however. So he was feeling very happy after eating, he almost wanted to nap. He did pass out for a second on the jeep ride, leaning on the air with his eyes closed. Up until they drove over a huge pothole that traumatized him for the rest of his life. He doesn’t think he’ll recover from that.

In the flourescent cosmetic room, Jancar talked for the longest with the team doing his hair and makeup. He didn’t really mind getting poked at and having his hair tousled that much, in fact he kind of liked it since Jc appreciates people taking care of him. Or more so, giving him attention. He even let them trim the cut a little bit. Overall pretty fun, and he asked they let him do his own thing for the outfit portion. Jc being quite the fashion enthusiast he is, he knows what he wants for the fit. Looking in the full-body mirror he thought that was one handsome young man.

Arriving at the Villa, he really liked the tropical environment. Palm leaves covered the sky overhead, only cracks of sunlight escaping through to shine on his skin and the ground in small patches. Jan felt dressed for the occasion, although maybe he could do without the double layered shirt. He couldn’t think about it too much over the growl of his stomach that quickly stole his attention. Again, he was hungry. So he ran to the kitchen. How the man loves to eat. Maybe I should have mentioned I liked chefs in the form. J thought to himself as he walked lightly.

Arriving at the kitchen, two girls were in close proximity. One, quiet, and seemed to be doing her own thing behing the counter. She had a gentle presence, hair up and out of her face to take care of business. She was serious, and he couldn’t help but notice her nose, which in itself wasn’t that cute, but she was cute. The other woman, who he quickly fixated his eyes on didn’t seem too used to wearing high heels, her steps were inbalanced. Jc was going to ask if she was okay but before he could, she stumbled a little bit, and he caught her hand, chuckling shyly as she looked up into his eyes.

Jc couldn’t think of much to say, he was usually a pretty sociable person but getting close to pretty girls made him nervous. I guess some things never change that way.

fit -sunglasses

@Jass
maybe @sofia

3 Likes

UriStoltzfus

I noticed more people arrive at the villa, though many of them walked off elsewhere, ignoring me. Finally, a man with dark brown hair, a lean frame, and a plain outfit walked toward me.

“Hey, I’m Calen.”

I noticed him outstretch his hand and I smiled, glad that this man seemed friendly. I reached out to shake his hand and did so semi-firmly, but there was still a bit of gentleness in my handshake.

“You’re actually the first person i’ve introduced myself to.” Calen told me.

I shook my head with a chuckle. “You’re the first person too,” I paused. “Well, once I actually introduce myself.” I rolled my suitcase in front of me, then looked back at Calen. “My name is Uri. I wanted to introduce myself to the host, but they seemed like they were on a tight schedule.” I looked back at the host who was still greeting people and seemed a little stressed.

“Anyway, how are you feeling about this whole experience? It’s crazy, right? I never thought I’d be on a show like this, let alone a show in general.”

@Wonky

4 Likes

This wasn’t Nico’s first time in Mexico whatsoever, he had been there before on a few of his times traveling around, but it felt different, it was different, which made it a whole lot more thrilling to begin with. As much as he was in a way walking into the unknown it did somewhat excite him, he had a good feeling about this, and even if he didn’t come out of this place finding love, at least it seems like a memorable and fun experience.

After a little makeover session (that focused mostly on his hair considering there was quite a lot of it to handle), Nico arrived at the front entrance of the show villa in a Jeep, much like his own but in a different colour.

The host stood and greeted people at the door, the two of them had a nice short conversation but other people needed to be greeted as well so he said goodbye and headed off into the house. Putting his bag where it should be, he left his things there and wandered on wherever his feet led him, which was clearly outside, also because this house had a nice outdoor area, but in general Nico was just a lot more of an outdoor boy than an indoors one. He liked being free in the open air like the birds on the palm trees up standing tall above him,

Walking outside, he looked around and spotted a girl in an oversized striped shirt much like his own striped shirt, again in a different colour, sitting on her own. She was the first person he had seen until now except for the host and the two other guys somewhere else outside that were having a chat probably.
”mind if I join you?” he asked the girl with a light smile, asking if he could sit with her or perhaps she needed some time alone to adjust, he couldn’t know.

@Jass - Lynn

Outfit

5 Likes

(っ◔◡◔)っ ᑕᗩá’ȘEᑎ ᑎOYᗩ

Calen knew the minute Uri returned his handshake that they’d get along nicely. He followed the gaze to the house, recollecting his rushed introduction aswell. The Poor host had to meet a ton of people, it made sence why they looked so stressed.

“I guess you could say we are each others firsts.” Hol up- “Wait no, that sounds extremely wrong.” A slight pause.

“Anyhow. I think this whole thing is insane. It’s quite embarrassing really, but my mom signed me up. I guess you could assume my shock when finding out.” It was embarrassing, but Calen still loved his mama, even when she was crazy enough to do something this absurd. However, something told him that this experience was going to be fun. “You got anyone watching at home, Uri?” He asked the nice dude, genuinely intrigued.

@sofia (Uri)

4 Likes

UriStoltzfus

“I guess you could say we are each other’s firsts. Wait no, that sounds extremely wrong.”

I raised my eyebrows at this, chuckling softly and nodding. Calen then continued talking and told me about how his mom had signed him up for the show, something which surprised me. The day my mother would do something like that would be the day that pigs fly. Exactly. It would never happen.

“Wow, your mother signed you up for this show? Why? If you don’t mind me asking, of course.”

Calen then asked me if I had anyone watching at home and I moved my head in a way to say, ‘kind of’.

“Some friends, maybe. They don’t watch the show, but one of them told me about it which is why I ended up applying to be on here.” I explained. “How about you? Besides your mom, who I assume is going to be watching.”

@Wonky

3 Likes

(っ◔◡◔)っ ᑕᗩá’ȘEᑎ ᑎOYᗩ

“Wow, your mother signed you up for this show? Why? ”

He was awaiting this question. “Something along the lines of ‘wanting grandkids’.” Calen added an exasperated sigh which only made him lightly chuckle at his mom’s answers. She could be so overbearing, but that was his Ma and her wellbeing was his responsibility.

Something about Uri’s answer made him a lil sad. If one of Calen’s friends was on any show, he would watch it religiously. However, he just simply replied: “I’d like to think a few people are tuning in, maybe some co-workers at that.”

“It’s kind of intimidating, this place. Knowing there’s your ‘match’ somewhere near. Exciting, but i cant help but be ever so slightly terrified.”

@sofia (Uri)

3 Likes

UriStoltzfus

“Something along the lines of ‘wanting grandkids’.”

I nodded at his response, thinking back to my own life and wondering how it would’ve been if I did a few things differently years ago. I didn’t regret my decisions though, I was happy where I was today and I didn’t know if I would’ve been happy if I hadn’t made those decisions.

“Do you have any siblings or is your mother solely relying on you for grandkids? One of my friends’ parents is pushing for him to marry his current girlfriend. From what I’ve heard, they seem to want grandkids too.” I chuckled.

“I’d like to think a few people are tuning in, maybe some co-workers at that.”

“Oh right, some of my coworkers may watch, I don’t think they’d be watching much though,” I told him. "But you spoke of your coworkers, what do you work as? I asked, intrigued. I then listened to him tell me about how this place was intimidating and how he was excited but slightly terrified at the same time.

“Yeah, it is a bit intimidating. For me, it’s just the size of this place and all the cameras in my face so far. It’s definitely not something I’m used to. I think I rather prefer my home, but it’s still nice to try something new. The nature here is beautiful too, I’m excited to be able to explore it if possible. It’s definitely something new, there are no palm trees back home in Philadelphia or Pennsylvania in general.”

@Wonky

4 Likes

(っ◔◡◔)っ ᑕᗩá’ȘEᑎ ᑎOYᗩ

Calen listened to Uri and laughed along with him. He understood the pressures his friend faced. “No, no. Just me, unfortunately. It would be nice to share the burden though.” Calen had always wanted a sibling ever since he was young, someone to play with in school.

"But you spoke of your coworkers, what do you work as?

“I’m actually a resident Doctor, or as people like to call me a ‘doctor in waiting’. I typically stay in Pediatrics, and being around kids all day can be really rewarding.” He replied. Calen took pride in his work and helping people around him. “What about you? What’d you do for a living?” Uri seemed like a really cool guy to Calen so far, and he was actually interested in every word.

Calen nodded when listening to Uri speaking about all the cameras and lack of secrecy. Honestly, it didn’t cross his mind that much until now. Uri-kun also talked about the nature, and Calen whole-heartedly agreed. It was indeed beautiful. “Philadelphia? That’s like a 2 hour flight away. What’s it like? I’ve never personally been.”

@sofia (Uri)

3 Likes

UriStoltzfus

“No, no. Just me, unfortunately. It would be nice to share the burden though.”

I nodded, wondering what it would have been like to grow up as an only child. Calen then told me about his career and about how he spent his time around kids. He then asked me what I did for a living.

“Do you want to stay in pediatrics in the future as well?” I asked, wondering if he was in pediatrics since he was a resident doctor or if he was going to continue being in pediatrics later in life. “But as for me, I’m an animal control officer. I usually respond to calls about animal cruelty or stray animals. Sometimes I’ll rescue animals on the job but sometimes I have to give out warnings or citations or arrest people for animal cruelty or mistreatment. I much prefer dealing with animals on the job though.” I told Calen. I didn’t enjoy having to arrest people, especially if they resisted. I was raised to believe in non-resistance, in fact, being part of law enforcement was not viewed well at all. It’s not like this job was what I had grown up wanting to do, but I’m glad I took it. Rescuing animals and helping them live a better life made my life more whole.

“Philadelphia? That’s like a 2-hour flight away. What’s it like? I’ve never personally been.”

“Really? Where are you from? Philadelphia is nice. I’ve been living there for three years now, but I’ve lived in Pennsylvania my entire life.” I told him. “The scenery is really nice outside the city. I prefer living in a more rural area versus the city, but I live in Philadelphia for my job.”

@Wonky

3 Likes

Finally. Standing there with crossed arms, just taking in the view, Amberleigh heard another pair of heels slowly approaching her. Meeting the guys first was what she wished for, that’s what she was here for, but she was still happy someone was making their way towards her so she didn’t have to do that. Because that way
 well, she wouldn’t meet anyone.
Spinning slowly with a blank expression on her face, she found herself standing face to face with a girl in a very questionable clothes. What she said only proved she was a questionable person as well. You see, Amberleigh could laugh now, that’s what her first reaction would’ve been but why? What’s the point of wasting her energy and words on someone that’s not worth it, clearly? “Really? Fck.” She answered, not giving her anything but a blank look, her head slightly tilting to one side. Did she think she’d embarrass Amberleigh? Make her feel terrible or cause a scene? Funny. “I guess I’ll have to go and ask the team to let me leave because Are you the one was not in my plans,” she answered with the same tone of her voice, crossing her arms as her gaze traveled down to the glass the girl was holding. Oh, a drink, could use that.

“Where did you get that from?” Her eyes still on the glass, Amberleigh asked the girl curiously before taking a step towards her and simply taking the glass for herself. “Looks good. Thank you,” immediately taking a sip from it, she gave her a half smile before walking past her, subtly rolling her eyes. Dealing with girls like that was the last thing she wanted. She didn’t even know her name but she knew she didn’t want to talk to her ever again.
This was going
 great so far. But at list she had a drink she didn’t have to get herself?

She found herself back inside, this time carefully watching people around her. At this point, there were more people in the villa and she was curious to see what they were like. She did notice two people while she was outside but she didn’t really have the time to pay attention to them. Tho, they did seem cool (Nico and Lynn).

Now, she was close to the kitchen again. The girl she noticed earlier was still there, not talking to anyone. She (Ambrosia) was a stunning her, in Amber’s opinion but she seemed shy which only reminded her of Iris and she didn’t want to think about her while she was in here. And she was eating, which could mean she was feeling nervous or she might’ve been very hungry. Amber didn’t know, maybe she wanted to, but instead she looked to the other side where a girl seemed to be struggling with walking in heels and a guy helped her as she tripped? Did she trip or? Amberleigh kept her gaze on them for a bit before looking around the place again and simply leaning against a wall, taking a sip of, hopefully, not poisoned drink. And with that, she waited for another person that would approach her.

@raviola
Didn’t want to end it but just doing what she’d do :cry:

Approachable again

3 Likes

She was just sitting there for a few minutes, her head resting on her hand just staring in the nowherness of the water. Lynn had heard footsteps approaching, but didn’t look up just yet. She felt nervous, now realizing that she had to make a good first impression on everyone here. She moved her hand from her face to her legs and after a deep breath thinking about how she absolutely had no reason to be nervous she looked up. There was a guy, who was now a few feet away. Lynn smiled and looked at him. First thing her eyes went to were his tattoos, multiple of them were visible on his arms. She was taken by surprise a little when he asked if he could join her. However, she didn’t hesitate in saying: ‘Sure you can. I’m Lynn’ in her soft but warm voice. She slightly turned her whole body to the side where another chair was standing before continuing: ‘And what’s your name?’.

@CerealKiller Nico

Aiysha had walked into the kitchen, where she quickly had greeted another girl but hadn’t given her too much attention yet. She was thirsty so she wanted to grab a glass of water. As she did that she stumbled again. This time right in front of a guy she hadn’t noticed before. He had grabbed her hand and had stopped her that way from making a bigger fool out of herself, and she looked in his brown eyes. She then laughed and said ‘I guess heels aren’t my thing, better if I change out of them before I break a bone’. Her eyes now scanning through the space to see where she had left her bags. When she spotted them she said ‘be right back’ She walked over, grabbed her backs and sat down at the kitchen table quickly switching her heels out for some black flats. The guy was still standing at the same please and she walked towards him. ‘Well, that was some first impression’ she said as her face turned a little red from embarrassment. ‘I’m Aiysha by the way’ she said already feeling a little more confident again, but not daring to look directly in his eyes again.

@raviola Jc and @sofia ambrosia is mentioned

Jayson didn’t fully understand why he needed to have someone looking after his appearance. So he was relieved to know all that would be done was some touching up to his hair, making his bun smoother, and a some power which the make-up artist explained was to make his face more matte on camera.

As he was driving towards the house he was thinking about the other contestants. Whether there would be people who were there just to create drama or if everyone would be serious about trying to find real connections. He hoped the second thing of course, even tho he also thought some drama would be fun. As long as it didn’t involve him.

As he arrived at the house he saw quite a few people were there already, most caught up in some conversation. He felt like it was the best idea to just drop his suitcase with clothes in one of the male bedrooms first, there would be enough time to talk to everyone after. So he opened the door to one of the bedrooms which were reserved for the guys, and claimed one of the beds.

ORP: approachable

6 Likes

’Sure you can. I’m Lynn. And what’s your name?’
The girl who just referred to herself as Lynn said with a soft smile. He smiled back and went to sit at the other available seat, though he didn’t sit on the actual seat, he sat on top of the back part of the chair, with one leg with his foot where he was technically supposed to sit, and the other leg crossed on top of it. ”Well in my ID I’m a Nicolas, but just call me Nico” he said with a light smile and took off his sunglasses bringing them up to his head. He always likes that nickname a lot more than he liked his actual name, way too formal, but it looked good on paper.
He looked at the girl sitting not to far across from him, trying to in a way examine her and the vibes she gave off, she definitely seemed like a nice girl, maybe a bit nervous, but who wasn’t? Nico himself was the type of guy most people would describe as ’chill’, and even he was in a way nervous. She had shoulder length hair and honestly gorgeous eyes, which was always something he liked.
”What’s your all time favorite song?” he asked. It wasn’t really a typical question to ask when you first meet a person, but he wasn’t really a fan of pointless small talk, he liked interesting conversations, so asking irrelevant random questions was always a good way to do. or maybe just your favorite right now?” he added to the question, since it wasn’t really an easy answer to pick

@Jass - Lynn

5 Likes