Art Around Greek Mythology!

I just realized I couldn’t post some of the Greek mythology art here since most of the paintings have restricted section connotations. I love Greek Mythology Art because it brings to life the intricate history of the Greek empire. If you read the myths surrounding the Greeks, you will know that their mythology is based around life lessons like any other empire’s culture. One of the few reasons Greek mythology pulls in people’s interest is because of the unique way it is told. It’s true to say that Greek Mythology has been a major inspiration to society due to the impact it had on the creative community, history community, and other communities as well. Well, let’s get to what this thread is about. I’m going to post some greek mythology art that I like the most. Please post non-naked images on this thread. As long as, the private parts are covered then you will be good!

What do you think of art inspired by Greek Mythology? Have you drawn your own inspired art? Post below your favorite Greek-inspired images that you have made or have found that calls to you.

@/Artists

3 Likes

Love the snake-like afro for Medusa but I feel she should have darker skin. (shrugs) I don’t know, just yeah… Just do, I guess.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I love the snakke hair as well!

1 Like

Interesting fact I just learnt! Medusa was an African serpent goddess who had dreadlocks! And when the Greeks heard about her through the Egyptians they thought of her hair as “snake hair” as they didn’t know what dreadlocks were.

Creating the Greek myth:

Medusa the one with snake hair

2 Likes

That’s very interesting! It definitely follows the myth that she was human born. There is two stories about her.

2 Likes

OMG! That’s really interesting. Do you have artistic (historical) picture of the African serpent goddess you could share?

Hey @lollipoplady, did you know this fact?

1 Like

Let me try looking for it :heart::heart:

1 Like

Okay. (thumbs up) Cool.

1 Like

I didn’t know that fact until today! :yellow_heart: That’s interesting, though!

1 Like

No, me neither

Does book fanart count because Achilles and Patroclus are just… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Closed due to inactivity