Atlantis: The Lost City - Official RP

Atlantis: The Lost City
Atlantis, a kingdom lost to myth. Atlantis has long been a subject of wonder and a warning. Legend has it that the lost city was created by the gods, but one day, the gods were angered by the actions of the Atlantians and sent a great wave to flood the city. Atlantis sunk beneath the waves and became but a myth. Now, many doubt the existence of the ancient kingdom, but like the other great mysteries of the world, there have been many steadfast believers. Over the centuries, these believers have searched for the lost city to no avail. Some more successful than others, but all have failed to uncover the truth. That is, until now. Some came for the research, others for the glory, a few to solve the mystery, and the rest came for the adventure of a lifetime.

Individually, explorers and researchers looking for the lost city have failed, but when multiple groups of explorers are forced to work together instead of against each other, they put together the final pieces to the puzzle of the location of Atlantis. The lost city is nothing they expect when they come across the lost people of Atlantis who have been frozen in time since the fall of the city.

Rules
  • Make certain to place your character’s name in bold at the top of the post.
  • Please write at least 6 full sentences per post minimum.
  • Check your grammar, spelling, etc.
  • No Lone ORPs on this thread
  • No text speak (please, type “you” instead of “u”, etc.) unless it is something specifically the character has done for a reason.
  • Cursing must be blurred and have letters replaced like th*s.

Signup Thread: Link
Chat Thread: Link
Atlantis Information: Link
Faceclaims: Link

@AtlantisRP

5 Likes

Time: 9:48PM

Within the group of explorers, some doubted that they would find anything, while others truly believed they may have found the true location of the mythical city. Hopeful or not, the group was stuck together until they were proven right or wrong. They were all currently under the surface of the water, within the well stocked submarine supplied by the man who was funding the expedition. It came down to his decision, and he would do and pay whatever it took to find the city.

ORP: Atlanteans can not be used currently. Only Explorers. But you may now post. @AtlantisRP

5 Likes

coollogo_com-318572176

I was walking around the submarine clearly bored, there wasn’t much to do in here. I’m not sure how long we are traveling so far, because I didn’t keep track of the time, but it sure felt like a few days already. So far my ‘expertise’ wasn’t needed and who knows if it would be needed at all. Low key I wish that we would be run into some kind of trouble, nothing too dangerous of course, but something small so I would have something to do.

The submarine was full of different kinds of people, of course, most of them were scientists, explorers, or people looking for adventures. Unlike everyone else here, I wasn’t sure if we even will reach our destination, more like I was sure that we don’t.

I walked toward the window and watched the ocean for a while admiring the view. I was thinking maybe this is just a waste of time and I would rather had stayed at home with my daughter.

Approachable

1 Like

20200814_101456

The submarine ride was uneventful to say the least. I was mostly spending my time documenting my trip so far in my notebook. I also had to take some pictures so I dug through my duffel bag and pulled out my camera. It was pretty heavy, which made it hard to hold it over my face, but I managed to do it. I positioned the camera so that the whole submarine interior was shown and where I was sitting. The flash went off and my area was lit up. I continued to take multiple pictures so that I could get the best one.

“Don’t mind me. I’m just taking a pictures.” I explained to everyone including the woman standing near a window.

@Owertym Abigail

@everyone Mentioned

2 Likes

Cat O'Leary Name Tag

Cat walked through the submarine, hands in her pockets. She decided to take a break after spending the first few hours of the trip in her room, going over her notes on the Atlantean language and see what she could add to them. Of course, her research wouldn’t come into use until they arrived at their destination, but she was largely invested in the journey, having never left Ireland before now. She eventually decided to pause, looking out the window of the sub at the waters around it. The realization set in that she was actually doing this, she was actually going to find Atlantis. A wave of giddiness and childlike excitement rushed over her and she smiled, looking at a school of fish swimming by. She reached up and pulled her hair over her shoulder, loosely braiding it and securing it with a hair elastic she kept on her wrist.

Approachable

2 Likes

Time: 10:52PM

After some time, there was a sudden ringing of a system warning those on the submarine. Nicholas ran to see what the problem was, but even then it was too late. Between the strong current, and each system beginning to malfunction, there was nothing anyone could have done. The collision was sudden. Water began to flood the interior, so each explorer grabbed their valuable possessions and fled out the hatch above. What they found was a complete surprise. They were not deep below the surface, an easy swim up for air, but as they each surfaced they could see an ancient palace. Despite its age, the building was in excellent condition. The group entered and soon came across an object that seemed out of place. It seemed to be a rectangular box with a thin glass cover. Stepping closer, they could see a young girl, no older than her early 20’s, wearing an elaborate dress that sparkled even in the dim light from the flashlights held by a couple of the explorers, contained within.

@AtlantisRP

Dress

4 Likes

20200814_101456

Before I knew what was happening, I had to grab my camera and journal before they got wet, which I was slightly irritated at. I didn’t expect for this to happen and I didn’t like to be surprised by things like this. After everyone immediately fled the hatch, we saw a palace after coming to the surface of the water.
“That’s a way to make up for it Nicholas.” I said while admiring the beauty of it. I had never seen a palace in person before so it was something out of a storybook. I was excited to get inside and start exploring and that’s exactly what I did. While taking pictures with my camera, some people pointed out a glass box somewhere in the palace. I turned around and walked over to them to see what was happening. A young lady appeared to be dead in there. I didn’t want to go closer, but my curiosity got the better of me. “Can you guys believe this?” I said aloud while touching the glass.

@everyone

APPROACHABLE

2 Likes

Lia Chrysanthe "Lissy" Liddell

The deeper they went to the ocean, the bigger the excitement that Lissy was feeling through her every being. The adventure, surely, was risky—no one’s even sure if the submarine they’re on can take the pressure of the deepest parts of the ocean, but all she could think about was the fact that she had the honor of being one of the first people to hopefully discover the lost city of Atlantis. If what this generation believed was true and that they were successful in proving it, Lissy was sure that this was going to be a big part of human history.

After checking her necessities for the nth time, Lissy decided to take a walk around the submarine and talk with other people. She messily tied her hair to a low ponytail, letting it lean on her back. Wearing a soft smile as she took steps away from her cabin, she wandered her eyes as if trying to study the submarine itself—though she’s seen it a couple of times now. Spotting a potential conversation partner, she hurried her steps towards the person.

However, just as she was about to, her ears perked up to the alarming sound from the system. Lissy’s eyes widened, realizing that the system was definitely malfunctioning. She hurried back to her cabin and secured her stuff before things could possibly give her a conflict not to do so and followed her mates wherever they were going. They fled out from the hatch, expecting the worst that could happen; however, what met Lissy and the others was a complete wonder… and a surprise; instead of them being deep in the dangerous ocean, they found themselves staring at a palace—it definitely belonged to the olden, but it was still good in shape. Lissy’s lips parted in awe, not taking the hesitation of going inside.

Immediately, Lissy’s eyes were caught by an odd box—it certainly felt out of place in this ancient palace with the thin glass cover it had. She walked towards it, her flashlight leading her way, to check what it was, but she was caught off guard when she spotted a girl not far from where she is right now. She stopped right on her tracks, her flashlight lighting straight to the young girl’s face, staring at her with a blank mind for a good matter of seconds. Realizing it was rude to do so, she quickly regained her composure and lowered the focus of her flashlight.

She cleared her throat, walking closer to the girl. Her dress was something that screamed elegance; something that made Lissy tell that this girl’s probably not just a “someone.” “Good day…” She said, waving as if to convey her good intentions. “… um… we mean no harm.”

Approachable

3 Likes

Cat O'Leary Name Tag

Cat tensed as she felt the water around her ankles, quickly shoving all her notes and belongings into her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Tying a hoodie around her waist, she ran out of her room and towards the hatch as quickly as was safe. She climbed out of the hatch, an awe-filled smile forming on her lips as she saw the palace for the first time. Soon, a glass box appeared in her field of vision. Slowly walking closer to get a better look, she gasped when she saw a young girl inside. If she’s dead, she’s been well-preserved. She thought to herself as she shone her flashlight on the box, trying to figure out if this girl was truly dead or just frozen in time. “I’m seeing it, but I’m not believing it.” She muttered. She turned her head to see Jameson touching the glass. “Although, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She advised him, looking around the box to see if there was any sort of plaque or inscription.

@Kbail - Jameson

3 Likes

Inscription found:
Translation from Atlantean Script below

The blood of Atlantis will preserve our future.

@Caticorn

3 Likes

Jameson Levi III

“I’m seeing it, but I’m not believing it.” I looked over and saw Cat, one of my teammates. I hadn’t talked to her yet or anyone.

“It looks like something out of a science fiction movie. Very strange.” I moved my hand over the glass again and picked up many specks of dust.

"Although, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“This is my way of exploring.” I held up one of my fingers that had dust on it. “I wonder how long this glass box with this woman has been sitting here.” I pulled out my camera and took a closer picture of it. “This might be ground breaking information, don’t you think?” I took another picture and put my camera away.

@Caticorn Cat O’Leary

2 Likes

Cat O'Leary Name Tag

“This is my way of exploring.”

“I get that, but this box is probably several thousand years old, it could be very fragile or, for all we know, magic.” She told him, continuing her scan of the box, watching out of the corner of her eye as he took pictures of it.

“This might be groundbreaking information, don’t you think?”

Cat nodded, her attention being pulled towards an inscription on the box. “Well, I think I’ve just found something.” She said, pulling her notebook out of her bag and kneeling down to write the inscription down. She then went back and forth into her notes as she began to translate it. “I’ve got it!” She exclaimed after a few minutes. “The blood of Atlantis will preserve our future.” She read aloud her translation, raising an eyebrow. “Well, that’s lovely.” She commented.

@Kbail

3 Likes

20200814_101456

“I get that, but this box is probably several thousand years old, it could be very fragile or, for all we know, magic.”

“I understand.” I said. She started looking at some words on the side of the glass box. I observed with her and noticed how they looked ancient and worn out. I just had to take a picture so i pulled out my camera and snapped a picture of it. Before I could ask if she understood what it said, she had already translated it.

“The blood of Atlantis will preserve our future.Well, that’s lovely.” She said.

“That sounds very…sinister in my view.” I stated with a frown.“Hearing something like that reminded me of some kind of a sacrifice.”

@Caticorn

2 Likes

Adair lets out a small yelp at the unexpected water hitting her. She quickly grabbed her journals and maps before rushing after everyone else to escape through the hatch. She wasn’t so sure what was gonna happen, but it’s better than what’s gonna happen if they stay in there. She sighs and as she gets out, it’s not at all what she thought would happen. They’re all there staring at a kingdom you could say. Nothing like modern times. Could this be it- no way? Her eyes widened as she thought of what it could be before seeing something in the corner of her eye that the rest of her team had spotted as well. It’s a large box… with a young girl in it. She let out a small gasp in surprise. “Oh my…” She trailed off looking at the girl. She seems to be alive. She walks up with the rest to examine. She turns her flashlight that she had on her to see her more clearly. Careful to not hit her in the eyes. Her dress was very bright and sparkly, she must have been a noble, for what she sees. She walks up to one of her teammates, , who had tried to make contact. “How long do you think that she had been here?” She questioned as looking around to see a telltale.

@Nil - Lissy
ORP: :woman_facepalming:t3:I tagged the wrong person.

2 Likes

Nicholas Hawthorn

Nicholas looked first to the submarine, that was certainly a lot of money down the drain, but it was also how they were supposed to get back to the surface. There was nothing that could be done though. He had gathered what he could from the vessel before it flooded, but it was only so much. Nicholas then looked to the box that the others seemed to be focused on. There was a girl inside, young and visibly of high status based on the intricate, ornate details of her gown. Nicholas looked over the box, spotting what looked to be hinges and a latch. All were hardly visible, old and worn, and in the same blue of the remainder of the box. Nicholas attempted to open the box, but due to the age of the hinges and latch, it would not open, and instead a large crack grew across the glass. Nicholas gave a look to everyone around of I did Not mean for that to happen. Though, the glass continued to crack, until the slightest touch of someone’s finger brushed against the cracking glass. That touch, caused the glass to shatter, covering the girl inside with broken shards. Less than a minute, a minute which may have felt like hours, later the unknown girl suddenly began breathing with a sudden gasp for air. The girl who had been in there, for who knows how long, was alive.

@AtlantisRP

4 Likes

43cc9fc6e5c8fd8afd47be05df5d1075

Melody was completely out of her depth here. She was a scientist, but she didn’t have any medical training that might help with the situation unfolding in front of her. She’d been hoping the whole trip to find Atlantis, but finding people was way beyond what she had been hoping for. How had this society existed for so long without anyone finding it? She was happy to have found it, but she had no idea how to react. Someone had been trapped behind glass that had broken. Behind that glass, they’d found a young girl. She would need to make new plans. After taking a second to think, she decided that perhaps communicating was the most important thing. “Does anyone speak Atlantean?” This whole situation would certainly be difficult to explain with science. “Is she okay?”

Approachable

1 Like

coollogo_com-318572176
Suddenly I heard a system warning, so I quickly ran to see what this was about, but I wasn’t able to even get there when water began to flood the submarine. Sh&t, I got back and took my things before evacuating the submarine hoping we are not too deep underwater and would be able to reach the surface.

After I reached the surface and catched my breath, I finally was able to see my surroundings and I was slightly surprised and confused. Before me was some kind of palace, from the looks of it, very old. Could it be?.. Nah, it’s just probably some random old palace, I told to myself in my head.

Others also noticed it, and of course they decided to go inside, so I followed them. Inside the palace there was a glass box with a young girl inside, she looked about 20. “What the hell?” I said aloud, very confused.

I stayed behind watching from the distance, while others aproached the cube. One of them even started touching it, I shaked my head in disbelief. Seriously? It’s like they wish to something go wrong. Who knows how old this place is, one wrong move and it all could collapse on us or something

After some time, one ‘genius’ tried to open it, which (of course) caused glass to shatter. What was strange is that the girl inside came to life. I carefully watched her for a while, then I looked around to survey the area. If she is alive, who says that there is no more?

Approachable

@AtlantisRP

3 Likes

20200814_101456

The glass shattered right in front of my eyes “Holy-” I said as i jumped back. I didnt know if it was my fault for touching the glass but everyone around me probably concluded that it was. I watched as the glass crumbled to the floor and the woman started moving.

“Does anyone speak Atlantean?” One of my coworkers, Melody, said.

“I don’t believe so…” I looked at everyone in disbelief. I had never seen anything like this. I stepped closer to the girl.

“Are you alright?” I asked, making sure not to get too close to her.

@passionfruit Melody Mentioned

2 Likes

Closed by op request

Gonna revamp this later guys.