Awkward Things Which Have Happened To You

These were the only moments I can remember rn…

1. Seeing my best friend kissing her cousin 'cause she wants to ‘experience’ it.
  2. Accidentally flirting with my mom… (it was meant for my now ex bf).
  3. Replying with “You too!” when someone said “Happy birthday” or “Enjoy your meal”.
  4. Liking someone’s picture that was posted ages ago.
  5. Singing the wrong lyrics out loud.

What are some of the awkward moments you have faced? Come on, don’t be shy!

@Discussions

3 Likes

telling my (ex) boyfriend I was breaking up with him cus I figured out I didn’t like guys and all he said was: “Omg did I turn you? Did I scare you away?” like partly yes cus he was manipulative and put a lot of pressure on me to do stuff, but also no cus that’s not how it works so how tf was I supposed to answer that lmao

2 Likes

OMG, so there’s this famous song in Spanish that says ‘Ahora te puedes marchar’, but it has the exact same melody as an old song in English called ‘I only want to be with you’ (not the new Post Malone song; it’s a totally different song with the same title). So at yesterday’s celebration, that song came on, and everyone at my table was singing it in Spanish, but I decided to be ‘original’ and instead of singing ‘Ahora te puedes marchar’, I sang, ‘I only wanna be with you!’
And my friend who was sitting across from me thought I was saying that I only wanted to be with her. I had to explain that those were actually the lyrics of a song with the same melody. That was so embarrassing!

2 Likes

Alright, so this technically became awkward for me because the couple misheard what I was asking. I was working at the movie theater in high school. This was when I moved into the box office department. As seen in most movie theaters, the box off is cut off from the clerk and the customer by a glass window. I was a reticent person, so sometimes I had to repeat myself. Okay, so the guy was a soldier at the time they came up to the window. We did the whole buying a ticket process then I was telling them Enjoy the show at the end. At first, the guy said, really? Which I repeated what I said. Then, in turn, he saluted me…the girlfriend was mad, and I was confused as to why he had saluted me. I even turned to the girl who was working next to me to tell her what happened since it was so weird.

Did you have any awkward things happen to you?

@Discussions

4 Likes

hahahaha. Funny and weird.

I always say it’s super awkward when you get served a meal or coffee and the server says “enjoy your meal” and without thinking, you reply “you too.”

3 Likes

Literally any situation where somebody has said mean things about me while I was still in earshot, I’d always look them in the eye like :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Omg :joy:

2 Likes

Lol that part cracks me up each time!

3 Likes

Yup. Me too

2 Likes

So, I got another one. This happened in Kroger about 5 -4 years ago I think. I’m very introverted person who can be expressive when I’m not talking. If I’m thinking of something I like. I will be smiling but if I’m annoyed with anything I can show a really cranky expression. I was walking into the break room which has a round table about 7ft from the door. This guy was sitting there at the table. I think he was Indian but I’m not quite sure since I never spoke to him ever. I was thinking about something inwardly which made me frown and scowl but right as that happen the guy happen to look up at me. He thought I was scowling at him but I actually wasn’t. It was too awkward for me to apologize because I’m shy person. I never got a chance to explain that it wasn’t him I was scowling at but something that I was actually thinking about. This still makes me cringe when I think about it.

3 Likes

Lol :rofl:

2 Likes

When, where and what was your last awkward moment? @Discussions

2 Likes

I have no clue, sorry.

2 Likes

I pooped my pants in my dad’s car.

• My friends that were dating came and sat with me, we were chatting but mostly I just left them to it, then another friend called me over and said “give them space” even though they came and sat with me.

• Two women screaming at me and my friends being in a playground even though we said we’d move, I swore infront of their child and I’d do it again with feeling (y’all can decide if I’m joking)

• My friend telling their girlfriend that they wanted to break up because they weren’t getting what they needed, then instantly regretting it, screaming and throwing their phone on the floor while me and my other friend just sat like :eyes:

• Me and @Blegar sat where we used to sit in college and some girl was crying upstairs while her friend gave her advice

• Some guy telling me and another friend I was talking to that gay people shouldn’t exist after we were talking about our hometown pride parade

• More funny than awkward but a guy saying “this isn’t Russia” in class when we’d used Russia as an example for nuance with the whole statue debate

Mood I feel for you, I pooped my pants on a costal walk

1 Like

I still don’t understand what she was crying about.

1 Like

Her boyfriend, that’s for sure :joy:

1 Like

:joy:i was tempted to shout “its not worth it!” All i remember