Bad Romance Story Tropes that Make Me Stop Reading

15 Likes

Oof- if it’s so popular people should know how to make a decent romance story!

4 Likes

Tell me about it! And the funny thing is that people complain so much but nothing seems to change!

5 Likes

People need to remember that last part.

4 Likes

Honestly I avoid the romance section. It’s all just so clichĂ© and boring as hell (at least in the books I have read)

7 Likes

I don’t like romance in general.

2 Likes

Like slobber? :joy:

2 Likes

Huh? xD

3 Likes

Im gonna discuss something pretty mature so if I need to remove this just let me know and I will immediately, hopefully this is ok?
I completely agree with the list but I’d like to add (and I’m sorry if it was mentioned already, I skimmed it due to difficulty reading long text from some attention problems) the one that really truly upsets me and makes me drop it completely is

TW for discussion of trauma, r*pe, and adult activities

when a character who has been abused, particularly one who has been sexually abused, assaulted, or raped, has clear signs of PTSD that are magically cured through the power of love or far FAR worse through a steamy night with generic love interest. This is one of the most disgusting tropes I’ve seen honestly. Even if it’s completely nonsexual, the idea of curing trauma instantly with Mr Hottie makes me drop that series instantly and for good.

8 Likes

I totally agree!

2 Likes

Wow yeah. I’ve seen this a lot

I also really hate when the characters are suddenly so “in love” yet on of the characters is cardboard. I’m reading this story where the characters are like magically in love and the LI is like “she’s so perfect
” when he’s literally known her two days and the only trait she has is nervous and shy lmao. Like if she’s gonna be THAT bland make it from the guy’s perspective!

3 Likes

I hate it when the couple only gets together at the end and then you never see them interact again!

3 Likes

“And then they all live happily ever after” :joy: It’s not as bad as them getting together immediately when they’ve shown no chemistry whatsoever yet, but I agree that it can be annoying! I don’t mind so much if the story isn’t focussed on their romance, but if it is? I wanna see that it worked :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, that’s every Disney princess film though :wink:

5 Likes

“PrEgNaNt bY My bEsTfRiEnD’s FaThEr!”

And etc. I think on Episode, I saw one called ‘Off Limits’ on the trending page. I read the description because oh lord those are interesting. A girl falls in love with her father’s best friend. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I hate you but i love you

Tht trope grates my nerves. Seriously thats not cute in any way. Its not passionate/exciting or whatever excuse ppl wanna use.

Also sometimes/most times ppl just hate each other theres no secret love behind it

1 Like

The irony though

1 Like

Why are teenagers so obsessed with pregnancy stories?

4 Likes

The 20th century Disney Princess film :grin:

1 Like

My thoughts are they haven’t experienced it themselves, most are immature, nowadays families are 1 to 3 children, they think it’s easy and haven’t experienced the real deal of reality that a mother has to face.

3 Likes