Ban tiktok in the US

What do you guys think of the ban on tiktok in the US? Does Trump have a valid reason to want to ban it and is it actually filled with privacy concerns or is it just all a political game he is trying to get it banned? Do you think he is also in his legal right to ban it, cause tiktok is fighting it in court

Also while reading up a bit on this I saw there are many petitions from US people to try and stop the ban from happening, what do you guys think of that?

6 Likes

I mean, who knows, but it’s most likely just combating China banning US apps.

I don’t know if he actually banned it but I don’t really use tiktok :joy:

They chose to do it because they don’t wantn to be associated with China. However, I don’t see how it’s beneficial for them since many users are using it and it contributes a portion to US’s ecomony. Plus, the company will find a way for users to gain access.

In a bit more than a day the app won’t be found anymore in US app stores, and until the 12th of November TikTok has the chance to improve it’s privacy stuff or even already existing users in the US can’t use it anymore… To me this sounds like it’s really just political games giving them more or less an ultimatum

My sister and brother used tiktok everyday but I don’t have one. My sister is a dancer. She did a tiktok with her roommates. It had me dying with laughter.

Oof, an update the ban is postponed until the 27th because TikTok agreed to become an American company basically…

Closed due to inactivity