Best Punchlines and One-liners in Film/TV Shows!

There are so many to choose from! I’m going to list some here though. For those who aren’t sure what one liners and punchlines are then I will tell you. They are usually a popular line from a movie or tv show that has lasted well past it’s lifetime. Here are some lines that I have loved from certain shows and films plus some I hate.

Die Hard - Iconic like which I can only write out the kiddy version

• Yippy Ki Yah Mofo! - Bruce Willis made this the iconic phrase he says in each movie of the series

Terminator - Another Iconic movie series

• I’m Back. - Arnold Schwarzenegger during the later part of the Terminatior series

Austin Powers - Wish I could forget this one but it most likely will never go away…

• Shagadelic, Baby. - Michael Meyers did a terrific job with playing some many characters in this movie series…Still hate it with a passion though

Harry Potter - This is a Snape line of course!

• Always - Snape says this line during the second part of Deathly Hallows

Star Wars - Come on, you knew I was putting this one in.

May the Force be with you! - This line is said by many Star Wars characters who through the series. It has pretty much the same meaning “Good luck” or “Good Bye forever”.

Star Trek - Most famous line

• Live Long and Prosper - Spock says this iconic line in the original run of the series. They have used it throughout the years though

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - famous line that is from the intro of the series

• ‘In every generation, there is a chosen one…’ - This line is told by the narrator but anytime you hear this line you know it’s one of the first few seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer coming on

Charmed Series - This line changes due to the fact multiple people say it it different ways

• We’re the protectors of the innocent. We’re known as ‘The Charmed Ones.’” - This is a famous line that gets said a lot it’s either in a sarcastic way from the Charmed Ones which is the more funnier version of the quote or in a we are here to save you type of way when they actually mean it!

What are the Best Punchlines and One-Liners in Film/TV Shows? Is there any that you hate or love?

@ ScreenSloths
@ Discussions

2 Likes

Anything Snape says is up there for me for sure.

2 Likes

YES, completely agree with most of these quotes here. Especially, Yippee Ki Yay! HEHE
Although, I do agree with @WritingWithStars, that anything from Snape should be up there.

I also want to add one from Galaxy Quest:

(When Fred tries to digitise the pig-lizard with disastrous results, as a trial before do it to Jason)
Jason: What? What was that?
Alexander: Uh, nothing.
Jason: I heard some squealing or something.
Gwen: Oh, no. Everything’s fine.
Teb: But the animal is inside out.
Jason: I heard that! It turned inside out?
(The pig-lizard explodes)
Teb: And it exploded.
Jason: Did I just hear that the animal turned inside out, and then it EXPLODED? Hello?

“ZOINKS!” - Shaggy, Scooby Doo.

Closed due to inactivity