Beverly Shores | Official Thread

Ravneet

Ravi paid full attention to what Rowan was saying when he answered her question how he would imagining someone like her. She nodded appreciatively, her interest sparked by Rowan’s proactive approach. “I admire your dedication to getting to know me so deeply right from the start,” she began, her tone sincere. “Understanding the nuances of my preferences, from the roles that resonate with me to the people I connect with, is crucial for effective collaboration.”

Ravi nodded, appreciating Rowan’s emphasis on continuity and maintaining existing relationships. “That’s a smart approach,” she acknowledged, her tone reflecting her understanding. “Transitioning to a new manager can be challenging, especially when it comes to the team and contacts you’ve already established.” She spoke from personal experience, even staying within the same agency but having a new manager had been quite a hassle, and she was not really looking forward to going through that again, even if it was necessary for her career.

She leaned in slightly, her expression conveying her interest. “So ensuring a smooth transition by keeping the same support system intact makes perfect sense,” Ravi agreed, nodding in approval. “Consistency is important, especially in an industry where relationships play a crucial role.” She paused briefly, considering the implications of what she just said. “I’ve built a diverse network over the years, mainly coming from my Bollywood roots, but also through my last year in Hollywood. It’s a blend of industry veterans, creative collaborators, and emerging talents whom I value deeply.” Her connections with different directors, producers, cinematographers, but also writers, other actors, and even stylists and hair and makeup artists, they meant a lot to her. Not only because it enhanced her image and brand to work with renowned individuals, no, it was also about the personal connections she had made with some of these people over the years.

She paused briefly, considering how to convey the dynamic nature of her connections. “While continuity absolutely is important,” she continued thoughtfully, “I’m also excited about new partnerships that align with my aspirations to establish myself further in Hollywood. How do you envision expanding my network while maintaining the integrity of my current relationships?” She knew this was not an easy question, but Ravi wanted to dig a bit deeper before proposing anything specific, but also, Ravi enjoyed these conversations. The way he replied, it also showed her a lot in what kind of person she had in front of her.

Ravi nodded thoughtfully, acknowledging the crucial role of contract negotiation in managing an acting career. “Negotiating contracts is definitely a critical part of the job,” she replied, her tone reflecting her seriousness about the matter. “Ensuring that the terms are fair and reflect the value of the work is essential.” Ravi was all too aware that as a woman in the industry, she simply had more difficulties than men. She hated seeing the inequalities. They had been immense back in Bollywood, but even in Hollywood she faced quite some inequalities also in terms of salary and other aspects of the contract. Now in Hollywood, she also faced a completely different issue which is her skin colour, where in Bollywood she had blended in, here she faced some discrimination and often worse terms because of it. These things, they mattered to her.

She leaned in slightly, her expression becoming more focused.“I’m curious, Rowan,” she continued, seeking clarity. “How do you approach negotiations? What factors do you consider when determining the right amount of payment for a role?” Ravi’s interest was clear as she awaited Rowan’s response, wanting to gauge his approach and his values in negotiating on her behalf and ensure they were aligned in their expectations and strategies.

She also glanced around, noting the ambiance of the room and the energy of the event, appreciating the rare opportunity to discuss such important topics in a relaxed setting. Ravi valued these moments of genuine connection and candid conversation, feeling that they could lay the foundation for a strong professional relationship if they decided to move forward together. She could sense however than Rowan had quite a bit of pressure on himself to impress her, so she decided to crack a joke and ease the tension of the seriousness of their conversation a little. With a playful twinkle in her eye, she added, “Plus, I’m curious to see if you can handle all my crazy requests. You know, like ensuring my trailer always has the finest Indian decorations, and exactly three types of tea and a constant supply of my favorite chocolate.” She laughed lightly, easing the tension with her joke.

Of course, Ravi was not one of those celebrities, she was quite humble, and she genuinely appreciated all those little things if they happened to her, however, in no circumstances would she enforce such silly requests. However, as soon as she had cracked the joke, she started worrying what if he takes it seriously, there had been some publicity she was a diva on set, and crazy, and she did not want him to get that impression of her, so she quickly added, “Just kidding! I’m really not like that, I promise.”

1 Like