Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Cinderella - 2018

:musical_note: Play This :musical_note:

fa6e93e6a5621e3fc7dec8039bf5b691 7c76e81fa257501e0704a92ccf8dc7aa e9b8e72997a7c07ee49517603848c207 aeccbb73a6acea25ea39a93d7f093a72

“So how about we make this bloody party more interesting, then, Mr. Downer?”

Dan rolled his eyes, fixing his tie as he looked in the mirror of his hotel room. His cousin was lounging around on the bed – entering the room uninvited, of course. Though, Dan could never exactly say no to Jess, so her making herself at home was pretty much the bloody norm. Annddd fine, he did miss her… just a little… tiny bit….tiny. A year and a half of not having her in Beryl made the entire experience a bloody bore. “Would have been more interesting if you didn’t invite the De-Idiot. I mean, at least it’s one of the interesting DeLoughrey’s, but still.” Daniel responded – mentioning her date, otherwise known as Dylan DeLoughrey, who was currently in another room getting ready. Dan was perceptive enough to notice the slightest frown meet his cousin’s lips at his comment, and he knew it was because part of her missed the other idiot but let’s be honest, Jess was better off without that btch ass Dorian. If only Jess knew about the sh!t Dorian had spread about Jess when she left, but, he rather not put his cousin through any pain – especially when it involved an irrelevant individual who would never be in her life again. “Fine, what’s the proposition” Daniel added before she could say anything about his comment – an attempt to bring her spirits back up.

“Well, darling, I dare you…. to get through this entire party as an American and not mention you’re the “revered” Daniel Parker. I think you could pass as a Scott.”

“Do I look like a bloody Scott,? My god, don’t answer that question. The answer is fck no. Anyways, how do you propose our family won’t recognize me?”

“It’s a mascarade, love. Pull a Cinderella – if that idiot prince charming had to check the feet of the entire kingdom to find a blonde white chick, I’m sure you wearing a mask and changing your accent could convince everyone in the room you’re someone else”

“Yeah…no. How about I not take life advice from a children’s book?”

“Oh come on you party pooper. Oh, I get it, you just can’t do it.”

“I could do it, I just don’t want to. Americans are terrible, and I’m the opposite. Darling, I’m bloody amazing. Why the hell would I want to pretend to be anyone but the amazing Daniel Parker

“You don’t have to lie to me Dan, I’ve heard your American accent. It’s abysmal…”

“Excuse you, it is no-”

“No no, it’s okay Danny. I get it, it’s too hard…”

“YOU KNOW WHAT FINE. JUST YOU BLOODY WATCH.”

A smile fell on his cousin’s lips and a sigh left Daniel’s lips at the realization that he was just handled. Damn you Jess. “Ground rules, Scott. You can’t tell anyone your real name, and if our family recognizes you, you lose.”

“I’M NOT A BLOODY SCOTT”

“Sure, Scott,”

“Good Evening. Scott is it? The Duchess Pierce sent me over here telling me that I just had to talk to you. I’m the Duke of Lavington – close relation to the Queen of course, but don’t worry, I won’t make you bow. I’m doing a new farming expansion in the Netherlands, and she told me you have an expertise in it in the States? Tell me, how is it farming in… Michigan?”

OH FCK YOU JESS. Behind the golden ornate mask, Dan sent a glare in his cousin’s direction who was grinning from the side before sending him two thumbs up. You know what signal he wanted to send her? Dan could tell you right fcking now, it did not involve his not his thumb. Scott? A FARMER? Fck you Jess. FCK YOU.

The man standing before him was also possibly one of the dumbest members of his family he had ever met. Thank God the relation was distant. Daniel had often told the man to his face that he was an idiot half the time. No really, like who the actual fck wants to make a theme park in Antarctica? DUDE. And one of his genius ideas was “Penguin rides” for toddlers…. Dan had to berate the man a good amount to get that thought out of his mind… and he still tried. Let’s just say: long story short, Lavington was pretty much broke now.

Clearing his throat, a boyish voice left his lips. God, he hated doing the American Accent, but JESS WAS WRONG. He was not bloody bad at it. “Sorry to disappoint, I believe the duchess heard wrong. I’m a franchiser in the states, not a farmer. Don’t worry though, I’m sure it happens all the time and between you and I, I’ve heard the duchess is hard of hearing.”

A soft smile met his lips as he looked at the idiot in front of him, cutting him off before yet another stupid sentence could leave his mouth. “If you don’t mind, I’d love to continue this conversation, but my girlfriend is waving me over.”

With those words, Daniel navigated away from the idiot, but he actually heard the man yell SCOTT after him which only made him walk faster. God, he needed to lose him… Setting his sights on a girl near the middle of the ball, Daniel walked behind her – his hand going gently around her as he leaned in and whispered – continuing the idiotic accent as he spoke to the blonde. “Just go along with this for a second”

“Scott, sir. A franchiser is even better – you must know the business of opening a theme park then. I’m currently in negotiations…”

OH FOR FCKS SAKE. Jess just had to send the village idiot, didn’t she?

“So sorry Duke of Laughington, like I said before, I promised my girlfriend a dance and I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to dishonor her by not… dancing? We’ll talk later okay?”

Daniel stated, walking away as the duke attempted to correct him – his hand on the back of the blonde he had yet to look at. Though, when she turned, he found himself for the first time meeting her eyes. Her features were covered by a golden mask of her own, though he could tell she was gorgeous - her features delicate from what he could see. Her long blonde hair fell down her shoulders, and an amused expression met her lips.

“Duke of Laughington, huh?”

“Might as have well been, darl…” he found himself reverting to his usual self and had to clear his throat to continue the accent. “All I know is he’s a joke… and you…. don’t seem like the type to appreciate his type of humor.”

“So you know my type then? Slightly presumptuous, don’t you think?”

“Not presumptuous… but I can tell you have good taste”. . For a second, Dan allowed his eyes to travel down to her red dress which complimented her skin tone perfectly. What? He couldn’t help himself - he was appreciating beauty okay?

“Wow, a boyfriend, a compliment, and you checking me out all under 5 minutes. You move fast. Am I getting a wedding ring at minute 10 then?

Dan let his eyes wonder back to hers and he couldn’t help the smile that met his lips. So beauty and wit - well, that just added to the allure then.

“I was thinking more at minute 15 myself,"

“Oh were you? I think I was promised a dance - maybe be could make up that 5 minute difference, Scott,”

A gentle frown met his lips at that wretched name - though Dan hid it almost immediately as he picked up her hand gently and led her to where the participants were dancing. Placing one hand in hers, he allowed the other one to go to her waist. “I don’t think I caught your name.," he whispered, as he moved through the movements of the dance he had learned as a child.

“That’s because I never gave it,”

Dan shot up his eyebrow, watching her bemused smile grow at those words. “And why not?"

“What’s the fun of a mascarade if you know who the other person is, Scotty?”

“And what If I told you, that wasn’t my name?"

“Well that makes this whole game more interesting, doesn’t it? Anyways, you don’t look like a Scott.”

SEE JESS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT DAN WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN EARLIER. Where is Jess? Let’s take this girl over to tell her exactly that. Oh… but then he’d lose the bet. Sht. Never mind.

“So what should I call you then?"

“Your girlfriend, obviously.”

A laugh met Dan’s lips at the words as he twirled her, soon having her back against him as they swayed to the classical music. “You’re different,”

“And you need to learn how to give a better compliment.”

She was… something. A good something… and perhaps the most interesting girl in the room by far - something Dan would know since he had been to more than his fair share of these types of bloody parties. He found the music ending, but honestly, for the first time in a long time, he didn’t want it to end. Girls honestly hadn’t interested him ever since his break up with Yara - honestly most seemed dull in comparison. But this girl in the golden mask and red dress… well… it just felt different.

“And what do I have to do to get your real name?”

“Learn how to live in the moment.”

“Who says I’m not?”

“Excuse me, Mr. Scott? I’m so sorry to be a bother…”

Dan sighed, turning behind him to face another man which Dan recognized as his 3rd Cousin, Trent. He was quite literally a 14-year-old who tried to act as if he knew what he was doing. By that, Dan honestly meant tried because he often failed. “No,” Dan got out, putting his hand up at the kid before turning around to face the girl he was with… only to realize she had disappeared. What… the fck.

Well… the rest of the party was a bloody bust. Not the acting part, that much Dan did easily. Pretend to be American and have no one recognize you? Check. Well… mostly. His favorite 3-year-old cousin recognized him and wanted to dance but Jess totally didn’t see that… totally. It didn’t count okay? She had like… child intuition. The reason the rest of the party was a bust was because he couldn’t find that girl again… honestly she up and disappeared.

Dan found himself standing in the balcony alone - a drink in hand as he pulled out his phone. Frowning as he immediately went to looking at an instagram page he had since unfollowed. Yara Keller… there was a photo of her on a flight to New York City. To broadway… that was always her dream and sure… maybe Dan had made it happen so that he wouldn’t have to… deal with her being near him. But… well… it still hurt. It hurt that she looked happy… that she… no, fck her. She deserved no compliments from him… so why was he so infatuated by taking in every detail of the photo?

“Is this your version of living in the moment?”

The familiar voice hit his ears, and Daniel found himself immediately turning towards her. The moonlight illuminated her entire being and it was honestly impossible to look away. “Who would like to know?” Dan questioned cheekily as he walked towards her, closing the distance before taking another sip of his drink.

“Nice try,” There was a laugh to her voice, but he found her hand reaching towards his and before he could do anything else, he found her grabbing the drink he had and taking a longer sip.

“You disappeared.”

“Did I?”

“I think I at least deserve to know your name after being left alone by my girlfriend,.”

He found her laughing as she handed the drink back. “How about I give you something else?”

"And why would I… Dan didn’t get to finish that sentiment before he found her arms around his neck and her lips on his. The shock of it all faded quickly, and soon, all that mattered was the taste of her which honestly left him breathless. How long had it happened? God only knows - because Daniel Parker was lost in kissing her. His had moved to the back of her head, and he had her pressed against the side wall.

“OH MY GOD”

Daniel found himself cursing slightly as he moved his bruised lips away from hers, turning to find a woman with her child - covering his eyes. “You two should be bloody ashamed. You’re at a public party. What is your name Sir? I’m going to make sure you are never invited to an event hosted by the queen again. How dar-”

Yeah she wouldn’t bloody shut up. Walking towards the woman, Dan simply removed his mask - instantly being recognized by the woman who went from yelling to apologizing. “Just leave” Dan got out - turning around to see the girl again uncaring if she saw his face or not… the only issue… she wasn’t there anymore.

4-years-later

Daniel Parker never saw that girl again - the one in the red dress and for months after, she filled his mind. Sadly, no amount of hacking the guest list helped him figure out who she was - all Dan knew or… maybe gathered about the situation was that she was an uninvited plus one. Did that mean he didn’t look for her at parties after that one? No… he looked. And then, slowly, that memory simply dulled.

Well… until now.

Dan stood confused, looking at a red dress with impeccable similarity to the one the girl had been wearing that night. It was… impossible. Daniel unzipped the clothing bag that it was in to get a better look, only to find the mask settled to the bottom. It was in his distraction that he found arms wrap around his torso. “Already regretting letting me move in, love?” Dan turned around to look at Valerie who he had been helping unpack for the past… 3 hours? “Oh I forgot about that dress. Haven’t worn it in…”

“4 years?”

“4 years”

@CerealKiller - The Girl in the Red Dress/ Yara
@Littlefeets - Idk why but I feel like Kai was at this party and invited Valerie
@astxrism - Dorian Trashed and Dylan Mentioned

3 Likes

Shay and the Brownies - 2034

Do youuuu knowwww what one of Shay’s favvvoooooorite things to do were??? Eating? Yes, of course her mom was, after all, Jessica Pizza Pierce. Ummm hanging out with her friends. Yes yes - she was an active girl duh (I mean have you met her dad??? HE WAS A SOCCER PLAYER FOR GOD’S SAKE) but that also wasn’t the point. What Shay LOOOOVED loved looooooved was spending time with her faaavoorite god nugget Andy. Like there was a wholllleee list of things she loved to do (INCLUDING PLAYING WITH HER MOM AND DAD) but that was like totally top 5 material right there. And noo, it wasn’t just because he’d gave her nuggets :face_holding_back_tears:. It was evereyyything. Shay loved singing at the top of her lungs to godnugget Andy’s songs and and and he’d sing at the top of his lungs toooooo and they would ROCCCKK AND PIZZAAAAA ROLLLL.

Long story short - any day with godnug Andy was soooo much fun.

But but but do you know what her other favorite thing to do with Andy was??? Opennnnn fan mail. Apparently, in case you don’t know, fan mail is what you get sent when people like you a lot a lot. Don’t get fan mail mixed up with Dan mail okay? They are different …. Shay learned the hard way :smiling_face_with_tear:. (Yes, uncle Dan did get a letter from the president and Shay drew all over it but it was fineee because cousin Dan said it looked better that way). Anywayyyys, Shay’s dad got a lot of fan mail too and she loooved opening everything. There were so many coooool things. Like like like one time, daddy let Shay open something and there was a DOLL of her dad and it looked exactly like him. Isn’t that cooool? But but he didn’t let her do it as much because for some reason a lot of dan mail is underwear. Sorry… fan mail. A lot of fan mail is underwear because the laaaast time Shay opened some packages with her dad there were like 5000000000 of them. Who would have known?

Anyways, opening fan mail was exactly what the plan was today. God nugget Andy was spending the ENTIRE day with her while her mom and dad went on a… um… date? Which is confusing because her teacher taught her that a date was just what the day was but whatever. Zoe was spending the day with Auntie Elodie shopping but who was having more fun? Obviously herrrrr.

“CAN I OWPEN THHHAT BIGG ONE??” Shay squealed, running towards the huge a purple gift. Alright… look in retrospect, with how tiny Shay was, technically everything was huge. But like this gift was double her size. BUT BUT Andy was double the gift’s size. Omg. Andy was like 50X Shay’s size… that was math right? Kidding kidding, she knew it was 4x but she’s a kid so LET HER EXAGGERATE.

Attempting to pull the gift towards Andy, Shay was clearly struggling until her godnugget walked over with a laugh and picked HER up and the gift. SEE HE WAS SO STRONG. A giggle left her lips as Andy sat them down on the couch with the gift. “Alright readyyy, set, go.” Shay squealed as both of them ripped the wrapping up beeeccauuuse as Andy says - life is toooo short to take your time with wrapping paper.

Soon enough all the wrapping paper was off and Andy helped Shay take the box off and GUESS WHAT WAS INSIDE. IT WAS A GUITAR. It was PURPLE which, IN CASE you didn’t know was Shay’s favorite color. And and and Andy even played a tune on it for her and then he GAVE it to her. SEE NOW DO YOU KNOW WHY SHE LIKED OPENING FAN MAIL - SHE GOT FREE GIFTS.

SOOO GUESS WHO’S BEEN GETTING FREE STUFF FOR THE PAST 2 HOURS? YEP THAT’S RIGHT. SHAY DELOUGHREY HAD. She got a guitar andddd a new cell phone with someone’s number already on it but Andy said it was just a random phone number and deleted it before giving it to Shay, and she got a pillow, and a really big picture of Andy, and sooooo many other things. Currently, Andy’s house was a meeeeeessssssss of wrapping paper but but guess who had a wrapping paper fight? THIS GIRL DID. They even made wrapping paper forts for a while before Andy made her lunch which was DEEELICIOUSSS by the way. Nooow Shay was watching TV while Andy had to take a phoneee call. Something about a concert next week but like, Shay and Andy had been having a concert at home allllllll day.

Woah what’s that? Shay’s eyes moved from the TV and on to a little tiny box in the corner. DID SHAY AND ANDY FORGET A GIFT? Pushing off of the sofa, Shay walked to the corner and low and behold, it was indeed a box shaped present under some wrapping paper. Can you guess what she did next? Yes, that little present was opened in an INSTANT and and and inside there was a little plastic baggie with about 4 brownies in it and a note. SCORE.

Running to Andy, Shay brought the note to the man who was still on the phone and handed it to him before asking “Do you wan…wanna eat them with me?” I mean, they were brownies. OF COURSE HE’D WANT TO EAT THEM WITH HER. But mama always taught her to be nice and ask first. “Hey Chris, I’ll call you back…” Shay watched as her god nugget opened the letter and within an instant, the brownies were OUT of her hands. "Heyyyy share :pleading_face: " Shay frowned, trying to jump up and get them but Andy was too tall.

“Sorry lil nugget, we can’t eat these,”

"Why notttt :frowning: "

“Beeecccaussee they… went bad,”

"But mommy says brownies never go bad "

“Well mommy’s wrong,”

“Do…do you just no…not want to share :sob:

“No no, how about we make some brownies, lots of brownies and you can have allll of them”

“Buut…but I want those”

"Shay these are bad, we can’t eat these baby girl

“but but why would someone send you bad brownies? That’s mean.”

"I know, it’s very mean. Want to throw them away with me?

“But mommy would be sad if we thro… throw away food.”

“Mommy won’t. I know your mommy veryyyy well and she’d be happy if we throw these away?”

“You… you promise :pleading_face: .”

“Hooow about we throw these away and then we go buyy lots of brownies for you and your mom?”

"Oh…okay… "

SOMETHING WAS WEIRD. Maybe it was just Shay being sad about throwing dessert away, but her godnugget was acting strange. After picking her up, Shay watched as he dumped the brownies in the trash before walking towards the door and getting his keys. BUT HE DID DO AS HE PROMISED. In a feeewww minutes Shay was standing in a dessert shop and Andy was buying eeeeveryyyything she wanted. AND IT WAS AAAAA LOT.

There was caramel brownies, and double chocolate brownies, and walnut brownies and sooooo many more. Mama was gonna love them allllll. But even in a chocolate high - Shay wanted to know why the brownies were bad :pleading_face:. “Andy nug,” Shay whispered, now back in his house laying her head on his lap as the TV played in the background. The sugar high was finally dying down and she was getting tiiireeeeeed. “Why…were the brownies bad?”

She sleepily watched Andy who sighed before picking her up and kissing her forehead. “Shay, the person who sent them put something for adults in them and I didn’t want you to get hurt okay?”

“Oh…okay… but I’m a big gorl ,” and with that, she fell asleep on her godnugget.

@CerealKiller
@astxrism - Dori mentioned

3 Likes

What If? - Elettra wasn’t insane

Every choice made can lead to a drastically different world of possibilities, but sometimes the choice isn’t something that an individual could not have consciously impacted. In the world you know, there is one individual who had a strong impact on Malachi Azure from the moment he was born. No, I’m not talking about either of his parents, but his sister. Elettra Azure, the firstborn child of Leonardo and Miranda Azure, the girl who put Kai through hell, for what? Because she had her feelings hurt because she was never the favorite child? What would have become of a world in which Elettra’s instability had never taken a form beyond a mental breakdown once as a teen.

Part 1

An unexpected interview - 2024

“Come on, you know I don’t like dealing with reporters. I’m tired of being asked what happened with Henley.” Kai said with a sigh into the phone. “I’m sorry, the interview was already rescheduled once, and they had to send someone different last minute, so can you please stall until we get back?” Despite nobody being there to see it, Kai rolled his eyes. “Fine, but once you’re here, I’m gone.”

Soon, Kai found himself letting the reporter in, a girl around his age, who appeared to be just as ready for this whole interaction to be over as he was. “Look, Mr. Azure, as much as I love the small talk, I’d rather not spend more time than I have to here. So, if you don’t mind, let’s get started.” The girl said, walking through the door past him. Well, so much for plan A. Kai intended on letting her in, offering her something to drink and making small talk as necessary until his father and sister arrived, but it seemed that would not be an option. Kai walked over to meet the girl who was looking over a paper of notes in her hand. “About this interview…” he began, but didn’t finish as she went on with starting the interview.

“Alright… Mr. Azure, everyone wants to know… are you dating any… what the bloody hell are these questions,” Did she not realize that he wasn’t there for the interview? “Well my company wants me to ask you about your favorite color, your plans for the future, and girls but I think there’s better use of both your time and mine.” No. No she did not apparently. Well, this was going to be interesting. He was going to stop her, but she soon followed up with questions that weren’t anything he would’ve expected. “So, Mr. Azure, over the years the socioeconomic gradient between the higher class and lower class has exponentially been increasing, especially with lobbyist helping… well, families like yours, get richer. So, what are you doing, if anything, to play a part in closing this gradient or are you too busy buying… I don’t know… sports cars to be New York’s Most eligible bachelor?”

This girl wasn’t asking the questions he’d come to expect of most interviews, the basic questions at best that would of course lead to his love life. Perhaps that’s why he decided to simply play along with the situation. “You are correct in that it is a growing problem, miss, and no, I am not just someone who buys cars and spends money frivolously. I personally believe in supporting those who don’t have as much, particularly small, local businesses, public education systems, and anywhere with a clear need. That is not something that can be solved overnight, but I see that even one step in the right direction is an improvement.” Of course Kai was glad to be someone who came from money, but that didn’t make him someone who didn’t think about those who had less. He could look to his own mother for example, before she met Kai’s father, she had fairly little money herself. Even today her side of the family didn’t accept much in regards to money handouts, working to remain with a middle class lifestyle. Perhaps that’s part of Kai’s preference of going under the radar in regards to the details of charity efforts he takes part in. If it’s a good cause, and the most difference he can make is through signing a check, then so be it. The world just didn’t need him taking that attention for himself. He was already more in the spotlight than he ever wanted to be. “Of course, Mr. Azure, I’m so glad that your publicist or manager wrote such a basic response for you, but personally, I don’t believe your words are doing much to even step into the right direction since there’s no action connected to what you’re saying… at least, not that I can see. I think we can all agree that local businesses, the public education system, and others are in need - but darling, your answer doesn’t answer the question about how you specifically, or your family, is making an impact. Anyways, moving on.” What does it truly matter of whether or not he went into details about his, or his family’s, actions? Few, if any, reading an article about it would care to know all of the information. Besides, it mattered more in Kai’s opinion if he could help make a difference without it becoming a media spectacle. A good cause should be noticed for what it is, not when it’s made about him.

“Thoughts on being known only for being New York’s Most Eligible? Or do you like being known by that… what I’d consider, almost a degrading title.” As expected, it was only a matter of time before the questions shifted to more about him personally. Though, the question was still surprisingly in depth for what he had become used to. “It’s not exactly my choice of what the public wants to call me, now is it? I don’t have to like it, but it’s the public’s choice.” Kai could see how it could be degrading in a way. Although it was a title that essentially expressed that he was eligible and someone that people wanted, it also at the same time made him seem like nothing more than a rich bachelor who couldn’t settle down with someone, even if that was something he did want. “Though it doesn’t exactly seem like you have any intention to let them label you as something else. From what I’ve seen, you almost play into it, is that not correct? Or would you like me to list some of the recent articles about you that have hit the news?”

”Either way, it’s not my choice in the end. Those decisions are based on the whims of reporters, such as yourself. You decide what your version of the story is, and sell it to the public. The tabloids are never the entire story.”

“Trust me, Mr. Azure, I’m sure my version of how I feel about you and your family won’t be reported because that one would not be in your favor. Someone will pick and choose the best parts of this interview to make you sound… higher than life. I guess that’s what happens when you call and ask for a promotional piece to be written about you… but who am I except the unlucky reporter who was called to do this interview for your family.”

If there was one thing she had said that was correct, it was that someone would pick and choose exactly what parts of the interview to publicize, even if it wasn’t her. None of it would entirely represent the truth, that was for certain.

“I heard a story recently about you talking down to a fan trying to ask for an autograph when you were with your ex-girlfriend. Do you think celebrities have the right to be verbally rude to others?” Ex-girlfriend. Great… that topic couldn’t be avoided forever. He knew that’s what every reporter would want to know. Henley, Henley, Henley. What happened, why did they break up, are they ever getting back together, who broke up with who? So many questions. Wait, she couldn’t be. Oh, of all the things she could have brought up on the ex-girlfriend topic, it was just a mention of him being rude while he was with her? Although the question was somewhat accusatory, it was not actually an unpleasant question. “Does anyone really have a right to be rude to others?” Kai questioned in response. “Though, everyone will have their moments. Even someone in the public eye can’t always think their words through first in the moment, especially when dealing with something of a greater concern.”

“Would you like to elaborate on what that greater concern was at that moment?”

”I’d rather not talk about the intimate details of the relationship I had with my ex.” Couldn’t some things in life just stay private? Like every single other person in the media, it always came back to what happened between him and Henley. “Got it - glad to know we got that out of the way. Actually… you know, I think I have all I need for today unless you have any residual information you’d like in the article? If not, thank you for your time, Mr. Azure.”

The girl was ready to leave, but luckily for Kai, that was when he heard the door open. He looked over to where his sister was walking in with their father. “Well, I suppose it’s time for me to go, and I’ll let you get to the interview you came here for, Miss…?”

”Pierce.” She answered, surprisingly, as she likely began to realize that their interview wasn’t actually what she was there for.

“Goodbye, Miss Pierce.” Kai said just before turning and walking out the door, hearing his sister apologize for being late and saying she hoped her brother wasn’t a bother. The girl may have been a reporter, but she was something else, somehow unlike anything he could have expected.

@benitz786 - Jess the “reporter”

1 Like

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 6 (1/2)

March 29th, 1999

Flashback

Is this what heartbreak felt like? Every fcking day just hurt more than the next - honestly, for Adelaide Parker, her heart hurt more than it ever had before. Adelaide barely had the motivation to get out of bed over the past few days… hell, she couldn’t even sleep because every dream would be about him. Dream… maybe nightmare would be better verbiage. Though, could anyone blame her? She had spent months practically living at Leo’s apartment… sleeping in his arms… making love to… you know what, that was all irrelevant now because she would never do any of that again. He didn’t matter anymore. In a strange way, the aftermath of this breakup was worse than the breakup itself. As hard as it was leaving Leo, it was harder staying away from him… especially since that bloody arse kept showing up - hurting her all over again.

“Addie… I should… look Leonardo is outside and I can get rid of him but I’m not sure if you wanted to tal-”

“Get rid of him,”

“Addie… I just hate seeing you like this maybe you should give him a chance to talk an…”

“JUST BLOODY GET RID OF HIM JUSTIN. I never want to bloody see that bastard again.,”

“Right… Okay… I’ll… let me know if you want to talk I’m… here too.”

End of Flashback

And that’s practically how the next few weeks went… her crying every night… ignoring letters from Leo… ignoring visits from Leo… honestly, just shutting herself off from most people, including her own brother despite living in the same house. Everything just hurt… too much to do anything. And by shutting herself off - she truly meant it since it included avoiding school which her brother covered her for. And yes, by covered she did mean pay off the teachers so that she passed her classes with good grades - despite none of the work being completed. Guess there were a few benefits that came with being rich… but honestly, in her mind, none of it mattered. She just… hurt.

It took weeks for Addie to even get out of the house - and that was after endless prodding from her brother that she’d even come out in the first place. Snuggled up in an oversized jacket, Addie sat across from Justin at a little diner near their place. It was probably the first time she had truly come out to do anything besides take a shower or eat in the kitchen. “You can’t keep doing this, Addie. It’s been 2 weeks… you need to go back to school. Prom’s… coming up in a week”

“I don’t… care, Justin. I honestly don’t. I’m just bloody tired of this stupid town.”

“Then honestly why are you still here? We both know mum and dad want you home anyways. If nothing’s keeping you here then maybe…”

“Then maybe I should go home…”

“Maybe it would be better and…”

“Adelaide?”

Addie moved her head towards where she heard her name, and she found Derek standing at her table - a smile on his lips as he moved closer. The last time she had seen him was exactly two weeks ago when he… well… got her away from Leo… “I really hope I’m not bothering you… I just haven’t seen you in a while and I wanted to make sure you were alright? I… tried calling after dropping you off at home that day but…”

“I’m sorry… I’ve just been… a little distracted. I really appreciated you picking me up, Derek.” It was all robotic - the way Addie could turn off her emotions and be the cordial daughter her mother and father taught her to be. She could easily navigate any situation… at least… she could pretend to.

“Yeah… no worries. I just wanted to make sure everything was… good… well as good as it could be I know… you and your ex… well…”

“I’m… sorry you had to see me like that.”

“It’s okay… look… I didn’t want to bring up old feelings or anything… I actually came over here to… ask you if you’d like to go prom with me… I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while but…”

“I don’t…”

“She’d love to,”

Addie turned towards her brother, shooting daggers in his direction for a mere second before dropping it to look back at Derek with a smile. “Yeah… that’ll be great… how about we meet up later… tomorrow and talk details?”

“Oh okay yeah… I’ll see you tomorrow at your place? After school then?”

“Yeah that’s perfect.”

Addie waited until he walked away to step on her brother’s foot. “What the bloody hell, Justin”

“OWW, ease off. What? Look go out with him. Get back out there and if you still don’t feel at home here, then go home. But what’s the point in btching around without at least trying to get back into things?”

Btching around? Reallly? Yep her brother did, indeed, say she was btching around which was… rude… but maybe he was right. Which is exactly why she sucked it up and tried her best to get back into… everything. Yep… Adelaide Parker went to school… and she had that conversation with Derek who seemed to be… a pretty great guy, actually. He told her he wasn’t pushing anything… he just wanted to hang out and make sure she was having fun after seeing her a few weeks ago…

Addie was… slowly feeling… okay again. Well… as okay as she could feel… but sometimes when she was out with her friends and she saw a glimpse of a guy that looked like Leo it… hurt again. And honestly, it felt like that happened pretty often - her walking to the bathroom simply to cry because the memories of what happened returned to her mind. She never told anyone this, but sometimes, her memories felt… so real… almost as if they had just happened and. ittook her years to dim that feeling. Over the past few weeks, Leo hadn’t reached out… apparently having gotten the message that Addie wanted nothing to do with him and… as much as she would never say this to anyone… she missed Leonardo.

Those were the thoughts meeting her mind as she looked in the mirror, her blue dress that matched the colors of her eyes draped over her shoulders. “You look good, sis.” Addie heard and looked behind her to see her brother watching from the edge of her room. A soft smile met her lips as she turned towards him. “Thanks Justin…” the words left her lips in a slight hesitant whisper, though at the tone of her voice, she found her brother walking towards her and wrapping her in his arms. “Hey, I’m right here okay? I’ll be there for the after party and then we can reevaluate what to do. You’re going to have fun, it’s prom.”

She felt him brushing the back of her head, and a soft sigh left her lips as she hugged him tighter. She had been thinking about what he said - maybe it was time for her to leave. Though, she was trying to hold off for a few days, at least until she graduated. “You know, I’ve missed you, idiot. Why’d you have to leave me in London all alone?” She felt the man laugh and hold her tighter. “I’d say I was just a plane ride away, but I feel like that’ll get me a punch” “Oh trust me, it will.” . “I’ve missed you too, Addie. You’re my sister, and I’m always here for you. I just… felt like I had to leave 2 years ago. I don’t know… do you ever have that feeling like there’s nothing left for you somewhere?”

And honestly, she was having that feeling… but for Beryl.

“Do you want a drink?”

God Addie did not want to be here. Ever since she had gotten in Derek’s car, she had this overwhelming feeling of what the hell was she doing… hence avoiding most conversation by staring out the window and losing herself in day dreaming. Though, with his words, Addie found herself turning towards the man who had just parked the car. In his hands was a flask which was currently pointed in her direction. “Top shelf vodka”

A forced smile met her cheeks as she shook her head “I think… I’m good for now…” she revealed as the man simply nodded - not forcing the issue. She found him exiting the car only to reappear on her side to open the door - a hand out to help her up.

As Adelaide walked with the man inside, her mind was… honestly somewhere else. But this time, there was a reason for it. She found her eyes gravitating towards a man in a suit who was walking in front of her towards the entrance. Though she could only see the back of his head, he just… looked like Leo and she had this urge to wrap her arms around the man. God she hated that feeling… hated bloody missing him so much that anyone who even slightly looked like him reminded her of him.

“You seem a little distracted.” Those words got her out of her haze and she found herself breaking eye contact with the man’s head before turning back towards Derek.

“Hmm?” Addie turned towards the man, not sure what he had said because… well… he was kind of right. Though she was only met with a soft laughter. “I said you seem a little distracted.”

“Oh i"m sorry… I just… have a little headache” Addie lied. See… she was getting pretty good at that… the whole lying thing. Lying to her parents about… lying to herself and pretending to be okay… yep. “I’m sorry about that… do you want some punch… maybe it’ll help?.” “That sounds great.” Following the man towards the drinks, her eyes once again met the back of the man she was staring at earlier. He seemed to be talking to someone near the refreshments, and the girl he was with had her hand caressing his arm. His girlfriend? Probably - they were at prom after all. Well, at least seeing the man would reinforce the fact that it wasn’t Leo - just yet another person that reminded her of him.

“I’ll be right back with the drinks,” Addie nodded as her date disappeared in the crowd, though her eyes remained on the other man with his date. She just… needed to see his face. There was this nagging urge within Addie and she honestly just wanted to get rid of it. So could anyone blame her for walking closer. Turn around, come on now. Her mind kept asking him to turn around, but alas, he did not. Oh fck it. With a deep breath, Addie made her way towards where the man was standing - all she needed was one look of reinforcement that it wasn’t Leo and she’d be fine. “Excuse me, do you mind if I just…” It was an excuse, a reason to walk past the man and look at him and if he wasn’t Leo it would have been fine.

The issue?

It was Leo.

For a moment, everything stilled as her eyes met Leonardo’s - well, everything except her heart which begin racing immediately. It wasn’t… supposed to be him.

“Addie…”

“Hey Addie, I got you fruit punch. I hope that’s okay?”

Adelaide’s eyes moved from Leo’s back to her date’s. She didn’t know what pushed her to do what she did next…maybe she just wanted to hurt Leo as much as he had hurt her, but grabbing the punch, she wrapped one arm around his neck and kissed the man in front of her - clearly shocking him, though he wasn’t complaining as he pulled her closer to reciprocate the kiss. “It’s perfect, darling. Oh, do you happen to still have that flask? I think I need a… stronger drink.” . She could feel someone boring holes in the back of her skull, but she dare not look back as her date handed her the flask. Taking a drink of the punch so that it was half full, Addie filled the rest of the drink up with the Vodka before handing it back to her date.

Okay when Derek was saying this was top shelf Vodka, he meant it because Adelaide Parker was drunk. Drunk… and… well having fun for the first time in a long time. She found herself actually forgetting that Leo was in the very room she was in and just enjoyed herself - wrapping her arms around Derek and dancing like there was no tomorrow. Laughter met her lips for the first time in weeks, and god, she had no understanding of what she was even laughing at.

“Let’s get out of here”

Her eyes were closed as she twirled around - honestly not even hearing Derek’s words. Rather, she simply found him grabbing her hand and leading her outside. “But Derekkkk the parttyyyy’s in there.” Addie frowned as they made it to the exterior near the parking lot with… quite a bit of stumbling from Addie. First of all, it was cold out here. Second - why the hell weren’t they dancing?

“We can have a party out here too, baby,”

And then she realized what was happening. Her body pinned against his car, Adelaide felt his lips on her neck and another… appendage hitting her thigh. “Don’t worry, I have a condom,”

“No… Derek stop,” Addie got out, attempting to push the man off of her but her lack of mobility wasn’t exactly helping… and, to be honest, he was stronger than her. “Oh come on, you started it with that kiss in there and then all that grinding. You want me, you don’t have to play this little act. We can just get to the fun part.”

“Derek get off of me,” Addie tried pushing him off again, moving her lips away from him as she moved her hands to his throat to get any leverage. “Oh don’t be a prude now.”

“She said: Get. The. FCK. Off. Of. Her.”

Maybe her mind was still… out of it from the drinking but everything was happening too fast. It was within seconds of hearing that voice that Addie found Derek’s body ripped off of her, and within another second, his body was slumped on the floor with the man clearly out for the night. Addie only looked at Derek for a second as her mind comprehended what he was trying to do to her. “You piece of sht” Addie cried, kicking Derek two times before being pulled away by the man who punched him in the first place. “Don’t fcking touch me,” Addie screamed in hysteria, pushing the hands off of her before finally turning around to see Leonardo standing there. Oh. Her mind started connecting the dots of what just happened, and a frown met her cheeks as he placed his hand on her cheeks “It’s okay Addie, I’m here. You’re okay.” “No I’m not. I’m not okay because you fcking hurt me Leo. You hurt me and Derek tried… to hurt me and I just keep fcking getting hurt around you and…” She felt tears falling down her eyes as he pulled her against his chest, and for a moment, she just cried in his arms. She didn’t know how long she was crying, just that she soon found herself in the passenger seat of Leo’s car, her head still leaning against him as tears fell down her eyes.

“I’m sorry Addie. I wasn’t… trying to lie to you. I love you.”

But to those words, Adelaide said nothing… maybe it was because she didn’t know if she loved him anymore… All she knew was that she was hurt… and she wanted to go back home.

To be continued…

@Littlefeets

1 Like

March 30th, 1999

“…I love you”

Here’s the thing, if Leo actually loved her, he wouldn’t have lied to her for the entirety of the relationship. That wasn’t love… no matter how Leo phrased it… it just… wasn’t. That was the exact thought replaying in her mind as she looked out the window - sitting in the passenger seat of her ex’s car. Adelaide found herself hugging her legs… unable to even look at him. Honestly, she hated even looking at the sheer reflection of herself in the window glass. So instead, she just tried to phase it all out… which was a little difficult being in proximity to… him.

“I just want to talk to you, Addie”

“but I don’t want to talk to you, Leo. I don’t want anything to do with you.”

“Addie…”

“Just bloody drive me home, please…”

“Just talk to me. Yell at me, I don’t fcking care I just… I want something, anything from you. You can’t just keep running away from this.”

“Watch me.”

With those words, Addie felt the car turn off the main road. Moving her eyes up, she found Leo pulling over to the side of the road immediately putting the emergency blinkers on. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, Leo?”

“You won’t talk to me? Well, I’m not going to drive then.”

“Then move the fck over, Leo. I’ll drive.”

DID HE JUST LAUGH? Addie definitely heard her ex laugh at those words. Excuse him? “You’re not driving.'”

“And why bloody not?”

“We both know why, Addie… not to mention, you’re drunk.'”

“I’m not drunk… and I’m a great driver.” Addie could feel her cheeks getting red at this… stupid interrogation. Or perhaps they were red due to the alcohol she had earlier but that was irrelevant. She… totally wasn’t drunk… maybe tipsy… but not drunk.

“'Right… because crashing the car last time and driving in a fcking snow storm shows how good of a driver you are.”

This time, a laugh left Addie’s lips as she crossed her arms across her chest. “Do I have to remind you that I wouldn’t have been on that fcking road if your game didn’t threaten my brother?”

“'Addie… I…that wasn’t…”

“That shut you up, didn’t it? Now please, drive me home before I get out of this car and walk.”

“'Adelaide…”

“Drive the fcking car, Leo. And then after tonight, we’ll never have to fcking deal with each other ever again.”

And he did… apparently her comment at least shut him the hell up for a bit and once again, she found herself looking out the window as he started driving the car.

He did try to talk to her again - once they were outside her home but Adelaide just ignored him and did the most unladylike thing she knew how to: put a middle finger up as she walked inside her house… that was, until the door closed and she broke down crying on her front door. At the end of the day… she missed him… even if she wouldn’t tell him that to his face. Maybe that’s exactly why she needed to leave… because the longer she stayed… the worse all of this became. Distance would at least… keep her sane?

It was with that thought that she found herself getting up off the floor and walking to her room with a new sense of purpose. Grabbing a back, she packed only the essentials before going to her brother’s room and writing a note that she was flying back home. He… apparently had ended up going to that afterparty, but what he said was right. She needed to reevaluate after the party, and honestly, this was her reevaluation: she needed to leave.

Asking the butler to fetch the driver and sending word to the jet that she was coming, it was within an hour of her returning from the god awful dance that she was already in another car ready to go home. She did feel her heart tug looking at her surroundings, but she knew there was no going back now.

“Miss Pierce, we’re so sorry for the wait. Your jet is currently situated overseas and we’ve called for it, but because of the short notice, it’ll be a 10 hour wait. We do have a few other option available, however, we can get you off on first class on the next flight in 6 hours, or we do have a private jet here on the ready that the owner is not using. We sent a message of a jet exchange for a few hours and they’ve already agreed - so your jet will be used at their convince while you use theirs and if they don’t end up using it, we’ll just charge your card for the fuel used. Which option sounds the most fitting?”

“Which option will get me out of here the fastest?”

“With the exchange, we can get you on the plane and out of here in half an hour.”

“Then lets just bloody do that, please.”

“Alright - I’ll call someone to escort you to the plane in about 10-15 minutes while they bring the plane over. Feel free to sit in the meanwhile.”

Yep… this was it. Adelaide Parker was done with Beryl. She had changed out of her prom dress, so at least she was comfortable in that regard… though… comfort wasn’t going to exactly help since sleeping on planes was something that she would never be able to do. No, rather, Addie would probably be up the entire time with her heart racing at every little tumble: god she hated planes.

“Miss Parker?”

Addie looked up to meet a flight attendant who sent her a smile. “I’ll be escorting you to the plane today. May I take your bag?”

It’s okay Addie, take deep breaths. Her mind was working on overdrive as she went up the stairs to the lounge of the plane. Addie didn’t even walk up the aisles - nor did she take time to appreciate the differences in this plane as compared to her own as most people likely would have. Instead, Adelaide Parker took the first seat she saw, and immediately strapped herself in before closing her eyes and holding on tightly to the handle of the seat. Sending a mental sorry for the nail marks to whoever owned this plane, Addie tried bringing her heart rate down. Fck fck fck… this huge piece of mental would be flying thousands of feet in the air in a few seconds… oh fck. “Ma’am would you like champagne?”

“No… can we just… start this whole… flying process already?” Addie mumbled, keeping her eyes closed as she responded to the attendant.

“This is your captain for today’s flight. Please settle into your seats and put on your seatbelts. The cabin doors are now closed and we’ll be departing in just a few minutes.”

“Oh fcking…sht… fck.” Addie cursed, pressing down harder onto the arm rests… god she wished her brother was there. He could at least distract her for a little while… or make fun of her which distracted her. Being alone on a flight just made it… worse. “Take deep breaths, it’ll be okay”

Wait.

Slowly opening her eyes for the first time since she entered the plane, what Adelaide had never imagined meeting her sight ever again was the one thing she saw: Leonardo Azure sitting next to her.

“How… how the… you’re not supposed to be here.”

“You’re not supposed to be here either.”

“Don’t… patronize me Leo, what the fck are you doing here?”

“I’m here to talk to you, since clearly I can’t have a conversation with you any other way.”

“I thought I made it clear I didn’t want to bloody talk to you.”

“No, you made it clear that you wanted to hear no one’s point of view except your own”

“Oh go fck yourself. Fck you, fck your stupid game, and fck the fact that I actually thought I loved you.”

“Well if you would just give me a fcking chance to speak”

“WHY THE ACTUAL HELL WOULD I, LEO? How the hell did you even get on this flight? It’s a priva-… it’s your plane isn’t it? Is this just another one of your fcking manipulations?”

“Oh stop it, Addie, fcking hell.”

“Stop what? Calling it like I see it? What the fck would you call this?”

“Giving you what you want. You wanted to leave tonight? Fine - I made it easy for you.”

“I didn’t need you to make it easy for me, Leo. I didn’t ever need you to make it fcking easy on me. I just wanted you to tell me the truth and I realized our entire relationship was a lie. You have such a bloody complex , you know that? I lied to you once about being engaged and I felt like fcking sh!t for weeks because I cared about you. When you found out, I promised you I would never fcking lie again but clearly that was one sided.”

“It wasn’t one sided, Addie.”

“Stop calling me that”

“God listen to me Adelaide. It wasn’t one sided. I didn’t lie to you, I just didn’t see how bringing that up was relevant to our relationship.”

“You didn’t see how bringing up the fact that the game that’s been manipulating me and my friends was run by you? The game that threatened my fcking brother was run by you?”

“I didn’t know they did that, Addie. I was protecting you from it… that message wasn’t approved by me and I fired the assh0le who sent it.”

“And that’s supposed to make me feel better? Can you just please get off this fcking plane before it takes off?”

“Addie…”

“God please stop talking down to me, I honestly am tired of fcking hearing it, Leo”

“… Addie”

“I ask one fcking thing and you can’t even do tha-”

“Maybe just listen for a second then? We’re already in the air, Adelaide.”

Adelaide had been so… entranced with… yelling at her ex that she hadn’t even realized that the two had taken off. Not only taken off, but were currently… in the… air. Oh god… oh god no she needed to prepare for this. SHE WASN’T MENTALLY PREPARED TO BE IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW. Addie felt her hand instinctively holding Leo’s as she closed her eyes and tightly held his hand. “Oh fck oh fck oh fck…fck…sht…oh my god.” she mumbled, likely crushing his hand as she said those words. She felt Leo’s other hand on her cheek, turning her to face him. “Hey…hey it’s okay. Keep telling me how I’m a bastard.”

A soft… worried laugh left Addie’s lips - her mind still on the fact that they were thousands of feet in the air as she forced her eyes to meet his. “I just… wanted the truth Leo.” her voice was softer this time, no longer having the energy to fight as her hand remained clutched in his.

“I’m sorry, Addie. I’m really sorry. I didn’t… I wanted to protect you… and I realize now that I could have done that in a better way.”

“You hurt me.”

“I know.”

“I miss you.” her voice cracked slightly as silent tears fell down her eyes and she felt him put his arms around her body.

“I miss you too.”

What was she supposed to do now? She was…so bloody mad at the man sitting beside her… but god she missed him so much. There was a comfort in being in his arms that she simply couldn’t put to words.

“What am I supposed to do now?”

“Tell me what I can do to fix this.”

“I don’t… I don’t know.”

“Tell me how much you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you, Leo.”

“Then let’s spend this 10 hour flight fixing this because I love you and I’m not ready to lose you.”

“I…I love you too.”

And she did… as mad as she was at Leo… Adelaide Parker wasn’t ready to lose him yet either. And, so for the rest of the flight, she found him distracting her - talking about everything from how he missed her, to what they could do next time, to kissing her. Maybe it would take time to fully forgive him for… this incident… but it was something they needed to work through together… without her running away.

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 6 (2/2)

ALRIGHT SHE WAS WEARING CLOTHES NOW. YOU HAPPY DORI? Well, in retrospect, was he happy? One would expect a fiance who was getting ready for his wedding to want the opposite - aka their fiance clotheless but noooo. He just had to tell her to put her clothes on before storming into her mother’s room. Was this divorce territory? MAYBE. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah yeah… Jessica was joking with herself to cut the tension, what’s new? But what? SHE WAS A LITTLE FRAZZELED LEARNING THAT HER MOTHER DATED HER EX’S FATHER WHEN THEY WERE TEENS. It was weird okay. With her clothes on, Jessica did just what she had told Dorian she would - she walked right into her mother’s room after knocking VERY loudly. Look, she wasn’t looking to get traumatized if her mom was sleeping with her dad okay. Good news. - her mom was wearing clothes so that wasn’t the issue.

“Darling what happened. Are you okay? Is my granddaughter okay? You’re not getting cold feet are you? It happens but we can talk…”

Jessica looked at her mother who groggily moved up from the bed. Her dad was next to her mom, and he was also moving up to look at their daughter who had… kind of stormed into their room.

“I’m fine, Shay’s fine, I’m not getting cold feet, trust me. I just want… no I need… to know if you dated my ex’s dad.”

And with those words, Jessica placed the journal she’d been… secretly reading in front of her mother who’s eyes widened seeing the old book. “Mum did you… date Leonardo Azure… as in Blue Royalty Leonardo Azure?”

“She did… and he used to be my best friend…”

Jessica moved her eyes away from her mother towards her father who was now alert and sitting next to her mom.

AND HE USED TO BE HER DAD’S BEST FRIEND?

Excuse me?

@astxrism @Littlefeets

2 Likes

Malachi Azure

June 2014

“Dad, I don’t want to.”
“This isn’t up to you, Malachi.” Kai’s father looked him over for a moment, analyzing, as if he was making certain his son was up to his standards. Though, it was only a moment before he gave a disapproving look. “Stand straighter. Keep your hands out of those pockets. And please, act like you want to be there.” Kai began to open his mouth, intending to protest that he didn’t want to be there, but the look in his father’s face said not even to try. There was no getting out of it. All Kai could do was what his father was asking, well, telling him to do.

Kai had lost track of how many people his father had brought him to talk with. Some conversations seemed to barely be a few moments to say hello, while others felt as though they took forever. It was then that an older man came up to them, he must have been at least 20 years his father’s senior, and even at a distance Kai could tell he was highly intoxicated, with yet another drink in hand. “Leonardo, it’s been too long.”

“Far too long, Gregory. Enjoying the evening?”

“Always.” The man said, slurring just slightly at the end as he took another sip of his drink. However, that was when his attention finally came to Kai. “Is this your boy?”

“Yes, this is my son, Malachi.”

“How old are you, boy?”

“I…” Kai hesitated, almost unsure if he wanted to engage in the conversation, or if he was even supposed to. “I’m thirteen.”

“Thirteen? What an age. Nearly a man now, aren’t cha?” The man slapped Kai’s back, as though he were chatting with an old friend. Though it may have been nowhere near the abdomen, the jarring motion was more than enough to knock the air right out of Kai’s lungs. His face paled, and taking in a shaky breath, he looked to his father, who only seemed focused on conversation with the man. “You remind me of your father here when he was your age. He was just a little thing last time you brought him.” he added, returning his gaze and attention entirely to Kai’s father.

Kai was distracted, no longer paying attention to the conversation, when his father finally looked at him and whispered, “Go. Take a minute, compose yourself, then come back.”

With his father’s words, Kai immediately turned and walked out of the room as quickly as he could. He turned, walking down the hall to an area none of the guests would be found, finally sitting on the floor, nearly collapsing. He was barely allowed to be at a busy social event like this. It hadn’t even been long since he left the hospital. He still wasn’t even used to the idea of being without his twin for this long. The doctors were supposed to help her, help her mind, and keep her calm, but she was alone, and what if she was scared? How would that help her? Even if she hurt him, he’d still rather be with her, or any of his other siblings, or helping his mom, or anything, anywhere over being there at this event.

He sat there, head between his knees, for what seemed like a long time. Certain movements still hurt, and just being present for this event took all the energy he had, but he had to be there. Reluctantly, he forced himself to get up and go back inside. He still didn’t want to be in there, but he at least wasn’t feeling light headed anymore.

He carefully made his way through the party, trying to not be stopped by the guests that noticed him, though there were a few who stopped him, asking about who he was, why he was there, or simply make small talk. Kai did not like the attention being on him like that, not even for a minute, so he did his best to excuse himself from the interaction as quickly as possible every time. That being said, when he got to his father, who seemed to have noticed Kai and his reluctance with the event guests, there was no hiding that he wasn’t pleased.

“I assure you, this situation will not happen again. Miranda would have been here to personally make sure of that, but she wasn’t feeling well this evening. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have other matters to attend to.” Kai’s father turned, walking away from the woman, and towards Kai. His father grabbed him by the shoulder, keeping him close by, yet not saying a word to him, as they continued through the event. Socializing, constantly shifting between guests as Kai watched his father work the room. Kai felt out of place, the feeling of not wanting to be there only growing stronger, until finally as the event was nearing the end, his father took him to the side.

“I have more business to attend to. Business that you’re not ready for. You know numbers, but you need to learn to deal with these situations with your head. These events are business, and you can’t let your personal feelings about being here, or about anyone attending, get in the way. Every conversation is for a purpose, to get what you need out of it. You have to know everything going on so there are no surprises. You have to learn that no matter how you feel, you can’t just run and hide. You have to be present, aware, and engaged at all times. You have to learn to do this, because one day you will be taking over from me.” Kai watched his father turn and start walking, clearly disappointed in Kai not being up to his standards, which would only make him all the more strict on everything Kai did for the foreseeable future. His father didn’t check to make sure he was alright, just walked away to continue his business as usual, to deal with some aspect of the Blue Royalty game that Kai wasn’t ready for, and would possibly never be.

If there was one thing that was clear, it was that things would have to change. Kai would have to learn how to be the way his father wanted him to be. If he didn’t, who would? The more Kai played by his father’s rules, the easier life would be for Raph, Akielah, and then his baby sister. When his father wasn’t happy, only Kai would have to take the heat. Kai just had to adapt, put on a facade, and be who he had to be.

1 Like

The Paparazzi - 2030

“Oh my bloody god, Dan, shut up already.”

A sigh left Jess’ lips as she walked over to the couch where Dori was sitting, joining the man who was watching TV as she wrapped her free arm around his neck. A smile met her cheeks with the immediate feeling of his lips on her collarbone - though it was followed by another sigh hearing Dan’s nonsense yet again. Yes, nonsense meaning that he had been talking to her… or more so at her for the past 20 minutes.

“Okay, reason 98 that you shouldn’t be with Dorian. He’s quite literally an idiot. His IQ is abysmal and…”

“Good byeee Dan.”

“WAIT REASON 100 IS THE BES-”

Yeah. She hung up - see, this was the bloody reason she didn’t charge her phone most of the time. Okay fine, technically it wasn’t the actual reason but hey, it was a good one seeing as Dan’s call was annoying and not the first one she had received in the past few weeks… technically, ever since he learned about the two being together. Anywho, It had been a few weeks since the reunion… and since… well… finding out she was pregnant and that the baby was healthy. And… god was she happy. Happy to be with Dorian, happy to be having his baby, happy that everything was finally working out for once in her goddamn life. “Let me guess; Dan was telling you how terrible I am and how you should leave me?”

“Wow… you know him so bloody well, I’m honestly surprised you two aren’t still best friends.” Jess gently cupped his face with her hands, caressing his cheek as she joked around with her boyfriend.

“Ew, please never say that again or remind me about that. Anyways, I already have a best friend.”

With those words, Jess found Dori pulling her closer, kissing her for a mere second before pulling away with a cheeky smile.

“Oh really? Is it me? It better be me.”

“I was actually going to say Elias…”

“OH YOU BLOODY ARSE. Go have a baby with Elias then”

Jess made a motion to move off of her boyfriend but grinned seeing him pull her back towards him with the words “I’m kidding I’m kidding come here.”

This bliss - this was how it had been ever since the two got together. There was an inability to be apart - which is why Jess was currently in his apartment in Miami when she… should have been in a job in the Middle East. Kissing Dorian likely would have led to the two… well… you know except for what she heard behind her stopped the two of them.

“Alright E Insiders, we have a breaking news story for you. Famed soccer star, Dorian DeLoughrey, has been seen with a new beau on the streets of Miami…”

Jess pulled her lips away from her boyfriend to turn towards the television which showed multiple pictures of the two of them around town… with one of them being in his car with her straddling him while making out. Well fcking great. At least it was that picture and not one of them actually doing… well… let’s just say they’ve done more in a car than just make out. “We’ve done a little digging and it seems the girl is Jessica Pierce, a previous model who was engaged to Trevor Jackson… and from what we understand, broke the singer’s heart”

Okay first of all - really? Model? They didn’t mention the journalism she’s done? Or the book she’s put out? OR EVEN JUST CALL HER ANDY’S EX-WIFE. They had to say, model? Oh yeah, and the Trevor thing wasn’t great either… especially seeing how the minute the reporter said that there was that song that Trevor put out a few years ago alongside a few interviews where he talked about their relationship and how he wasn’t looking for love since he’d been hurt too many times.

“What do you think Insiders? Will Jessica Pierce break another heart? Keep tuning into find out as we stay at the forefront of this story.”

What happened next could only be described as complete chaos - at least in the sense that both Dori and Jess’ phone’s begin ringing with notifications immediately and endlessly. It reminded her of when blue royalty was sending notifications and everyone’s phone instantaneously rang… and the same feeling of annoyance filled her as it once did when she was younger. Wrapping her arms tighter against her boyfriend, a soft groan left her lips as she nuzzled her face into his neck.

“So I guess we’re no longer a secret? Not that we were a secret secret but… you know what I mean.”

“Are you okay?” Jess felt his hands cup her cheeks - a worry in his eyes as he looked at her.

Jess took a second longer to respond then she could have… because the reality of the situation was that she knew how bad it could get with paparazzi. Nevertheless, she found herself kissing his cheek before responding. “Yeah… I think. How bad can it be? It’ll blow over tomorrow when a new story comes out… in the meanwhile… can you distract me?”

“Distract yo…?” Though as Dorian started asking what she meant by that, Jess brought her lips to his before continuing where they left off moments before - leaving no room for questions.

Play Because I liked a Boy - Sadie Monroe

Did it blow over in a day? No… nope Jessica Pierce can confirm that it did not blow over in a day, or week… or weeks. Apparently the paparazzi had nothing better to do then camp outside Dorian’s apartment waiting for one or both of them to show face. Jess had to resort to postmates for 99% of her food deliveries and do you even want her to get started about the time she ordered from McDonalds and they FORGOT the NUGGETS???

Part of the issue was that her ex Trevor came out with a statement within the last two weeks about how he thinks Dorian was the reason Jess broke off their engagement the first time - stating, and I quote “Why don’t you ask that asshole Dorian why we broke up,” when he was hounded about the breakup again… after a whole YEAR AND A HALF. Not to mention, apparently the papz had gotten ahold of Kennedy and tried to get a statement out of her too. And, well, the stuff about being married to Andy came out in a twisted way… guess she should have been careful what she wished for because the news article wrongly stated that Jess was apparently trying to break Ketziah and Andy up when they were together - so apparently, she was a homewrecker too now. Like damn, get the order right at least - Jess was married to him before the Ketziah stuff happened :(.

Suffice to say, Dorian’s fans were not happy with the possible homewrecker getting her claws in their favorite soccer star - that much was clear with his and her Instagram feed being filled with You don’t deserve him and He could do better and of course, the occasional death threats. Like come on people, Jess had already died and come back to life - did they really think she couldn’t do it again?

Long story short - it had been a long couple of weeks and Jess was getting a little tired of it all. She had, for the most part, deleted all social media only because Dori wouldn’t let her go through with her first plan which was tho throw her phone away… something about needing to contact her or whatnot. She hated being stuck - with the paparazzi following her every move, it honestly felt like she could either stay inside or be hounded… which is what she was doing today: laying on the sofa and watching the real news.

“You think we should try to sneak out today nugget?” Jess whispered, looking at her stomach that was still pretty freaking small. Honestly, if she didn’t take the pregnancy test confirming she was pregnant, she probably would just think she’s a little bloated. That was besides the point, anyways. “Ohhh don’t give me the you don’t think I can do it bull sht, darling. I think we can. Plus you have a doctors appointment today so there’s nooo escaping that” Was Jess having a conversation with her child? Yes, yes she bloody was. Maybe her future husband would loveee to tell everyone how he could talk to their baby with the nonsense babbles, but current Jess could totally understand the baby right now. Telepathic connection okay - just like the baby was currently telling her it wanted some french fries.

Wow… It… that question would soon be answered later today: was it a boy or a girl. Though, if you asked Jess, she had a feeling it was a girl. “Now now I know you hate the hospital just as much as I do but it’s inevitable darling, we have to go when your dad comes back from practice.” And with those words, Jess heard the door opening and a smile met her cheeks as her boyfriend walked through the door. “DID YOU BRING THE FRIES?”

Getting up, Jess ran towards him before snatching the togo bag out of his hands - a mutter of i’m starving leaving her lips as she started eating. “Hello, how are you? Me? Oh I thought you’d never ask. I’m doing great - practice was amazing. The line at McDonalds, not as amazing. But you know… it’s what a devoted boyfriend does.”

“I love you”

“I love you too”

“Oh I was definitely talking to the french fries, but I guess you’re pretty cool too,”

Jess smiled cheeily at Dorian’s mocking of her before plopping another french fry in her mouth. After a second of him pouthing, she walked over, wrapping her arms around him and placing a kiss on his cheek. “Dorian DeLoughrey, I love you most.” Jess mumbled before adding “After nuggets… and ice cream… and cheese… oh god cheese is bloody amazing… oh and…”

“I get it, damn. You ready to go?”

“Can I bring the fries?” What? It was a valid question.

And here we go again - the flashes, the screams from reporters asking both her and Dori nonsensical questions. The one guy arse in the back telling her to smile more. She absolutely despised it… and she knew that Dori did too. Though, despite the terrible time she was having with the idiots who wouldn’t leave her alone, she couldn’t help the smile on her lips when the doctor told her the baby was okay. All annoyance of what had been going on for the past couple of weeks disappeared with those few words.

Jess had her hand in Dori’s as the Doctor looked at the ultrasound showing their little baby on the screen… or soon to be baby. “Do you two want to know the gender?”

“Ye…”

“No.”

“No? What do you bloody mean no?”

Jess looked over at Dorian who wrapped his arms around her. “No, but can we get what it is in an envelope so I can surprise this idiot with a gender reveal in a cake because that’s all she’s ever talking about.”

Oh… okay fine then Jess would give him a pass. She watched as the doctor nodded before dissapearing out of the room and Jess looked over at Dori with a smile. “We’re having a babyyy” she stated - her grin growing and she looked at him.

“Oh really? Was that why you’ve been getting bigger? I thought it was all that fried food finally catching up with you…”

“HEY you don’t talk about a woman’s weight ever. Arse.” Jess muttered, hitting his chest and only being met with laughter. Jess felt giddy for the first time in a while - something that only grew as Dorian was handed the envelope.

Annnd lets just say, she didn’t last but 5 minutes before asking if she could open it. The two were walking back to his car while she was quite literally jumping to grab it. “OH COME ON YOU BLOODY ARSE. I have a right to know the gender of this kid you put in me.”

“Dorain, Is that why you two are together. Is Jessica pregnant?”

“Dorian, is Jessica your baby mama?”

Instantly - the two were surrounded again as they walked to Dori’s car in the hospital garage. The reporters were like vultures - grabbing at any story they could get. She felt Dorian’s arms wrap around her as he walked her to the car in a faster pace, yelling at them to leave him alone but god, she couldn’t fcking do it anymore. Stopping before she got in the car, Jess turned towards the camera before finally breaking “OH MY BLOODY GOD what fcking story do you want? For fcks sake leave us alone, please. What do you want me to say? Dorian and I are a thing okay? We’re together and I’m pretty fcking sure that neither of us have any intention of breaking up, no matter what harassment we get from you or anyone else so please, let us live our fcking lives. Thank you and good bye.”

With that, Jess got in the passenger seat with a groan. She knew what would be next - a breaking news segment calling her crazy or something along those lines and she was so bloody tired of it. Everytime she felt happy… she just… found something else bloody getting in the way and it frustrated her to wits end.

Why was she sitting at a restaurant when she would rather be at home doing nothing? Well, her boyfriend insisted they should go on a date - hence, here they were only a few hours after the whole screaming at the papz debacle. At least the benefit of it all was that it wasn’t one of those fancy restraunts that had bullsht food. No, Dorian had ordered a pizza which was much appreciated and now they were moving on to dessert.

Jess heard Dori’s phone ring a few times - thankfully she had left hers uncharged and at home - though a groan left her lips at it knowing it was likely the story from a few hours ago releasing. “Let me guess, breaking news: Dorian DeLoughrey gets unhinged girlfriend pregnant? No? Or maybe, Dorian’s girlfriend uses pregnancy to lock him down? Tell me when I’m getting close.”

She found Dori silencing his phone and putting his hand on hers. “Honestly, I don’t care.” He noted, not even looking at his screen as the chocolate cake finally came out. “You don’t care that I’m clearly tarnishing your reputation, love?” Jess asked with a soft smile.

“I mean if we’re talking tarnishing - you did that when I was 12 and you dyed my hair orange.”

“Hey, I got you like at least 3 dates because of that”

“I would have gotten more if you didn’t mess with my beautiful blonde locks.”

“Humble much?”

“Always. Now come on, cut the cake.”

Jess raised her eyebrows at the look he gave her, pointing at the knife. “This is a first, asking me to hurry up with dessert instead of slowing down?”

“I’m a man of many surprises, now cut it.”

“Oh god, please don’t tell me you put an engagement ring in there, Dorian. I rather my ring not be put in dessert darling. We’ve talked about this. I will eat the bloody ring if you put it in chocolate.”

“Jess…”

“No I’m serious Dori. If there is a ring in here, I hope you got it insured because it will be eaten…”

“Oh my god Jess just cut the cake.”

“Okay okay pushy much?”

With a smile, Jess cut the cake - unsure of what to expect - though stopped in her tracks when she saw the inside was pink. “Wait wait… does this mean…”

“I think it means we’re having a girl.”

“We’re having a girl?” Jess looked at Dorian with a smile before getting up from her side of the table and going to him only to wrap her arms around him tightly. “We’re having a girl, Jess.”

@CerealKiller andy mentioned too and his ex wifey
@astxrism

2 Likes

The Jimmy Kimmel Incident - 2026

Note: This Misc happened in “Jessica’s Dream World” or… Alternate Universe… who knows? Find the link below.

Oh, it was a good fcking time to be alive. Actually: correction - It was a good fcking time to be Daniel mother fcking Parker. There was a sly grin on the man’s face as his eyes slowly opened to the light cascading in the bedroom. He had always been a light sleeper, after all - but this morning was… different. Why? Maybe because there was a gorgeous girl next to him. Not that it was out of the norm for him to wake up next to beautiful women, but this particular woman… well… she was one he could never keep his eyes… or hands off of. What could he say? Daniel Parker was no simp, but there was definitely something about this girl that threw him off of his game.

Allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room that was clearly not his, Daniel brought his lips to the girl’s shoulder - hearing a moan as his lips continued towards her neck to the spot he knew made her go… well… maybe he should keep that information to himself; after all, this was Daniel Parker and information was valuable.

“I have sht to do, Dan. And you’re not on that list of things I want to… finish today,”

A soft laugh escaped his lips as he made no effort to stop. Instead, Daniel let his left hand caress her body moving lower… and lower. “You weren’t complaining yesterday… actually, if I remember correctly, you were screaming my name, Delilah.”

“And it’ll be the last time it happens if you don’t watch your mouth”

“Watch my mouth? Like this?” Dan didn’t really let her answer that statement as he took control of the situation, pinning her under him before moving his mouth back to her neck - but this time quickly moving lower to where his hand had navigated to beforehand, making a delicate, yet concise effort to hit every single point of her body, stomach, and thighs that made her breath quicken - thank you perfect memory.

It was only when he was situated… well in the most compromising position that he stopped for a mere second. After all, would he really be Dan if he didn’t at least take a moment to tease her? “So remind me, what were you saying before”

“Oh shut the fck up already and do something better with that mouth.”

“As you wish, love.”

Dan’s eyes raked Delilah’s body as she started getting dressed - something about having to get to a movie shoot. Who knows? All he knew was sooner or later, he’d have to find where her trailer was and do a repeat of this interaction. “So, what do you want me to say if Jimmy asks about us?”

“Jimmy?”

“Kimmel”

“For the sake of you’re social standing, you would answer honestly”

A sly smile met his features as he finally pushed himself up on the bed so that his back was straight. “So just to be clear: you don’t mind if I tell people that we’re an on-again-off-again situationship that is currently on again because I made your eyes roll just this morning?”

He knew she was likely rolling her eyes at his words - in a different way than before - but he was far too distracted by the buzzing of his phone indicating his driver was waiting downstairs to take him to the interview. Great. Honestly, Dan had better things to do than go to the stupid interview but his Dad said something about it being good for the company’s image, especially with him taking over most of the inventing for the newest Parker technology. Holograms? Yep, Dan did it with an interactive interface and that would be the next release in the line. Anywaysss…

"I think I can trust you just enough to find your own wording for it”

“Oh so you trust me?”

"Don’t twist my words.”

“I guess you’ll just have to watch it air tonight then, preferably with me doing the same thing I was doing last night?” With that, Dan got up off the bed and tossed his pants on.

"If you get lucky.”

“Luck has nothing to do with it, darling. I’ll see you tonight,” At those words, Dan walked over to her kissing her lips and leaving her breathless before pulling away with a wink.

“Yeah yeah… I got it Jess, I can’t believe my dad put you up to this. Yes, that’s what I said - I can’t believe he made you call me to tell me not to be an idiot on live telly. HEY NOW, you can’t say that you’d do it for free, have I bloody taught you nothing? Yeah… I won’t talk about that… or that… or… okay I GET THE POINT JESS. Yeah yeah fine, love you too. You’re still coming over this weekend? Alright, I’ll see you soon. Thanks, but I won’t need luck, darling.”

Yep, after a LONG call from his dad, he was hit with a call from Jess basically repeating exactly what his father said. In other words, don’t be “Dan” on national television… boo, what a bloody bore. It was far more fun to be him… but fine… if he had to suck it up for an hour, so be it. See, Dan could control himself… sometimes.

In any case, the minute Dan put the phone down, he found an intern running to be front of him - a Pablet (Parker Tablet) in hand as the man took a second to catch his breath, which clearly he needed, with he speed he spoke at once his mouth opened. “Hello Mr.Parker I’m Ben-and-I-was told to lead-you-to-the mak-”

“Woah woah chill kid. You can take another breath, just take me where you want me to go.”

“I’m…I’m…I’m so sorry I’m just… I’m a fan of your work and yes… just follow me…”

Dan raised his eyebrows, following the kid to the inside of the set and soon following him to the the hair and makeup chair. It wasn’t Dan’s first time meeting a fan, but it was definitely more rare for Dan to have fans then someone like Delilah who was quite literally followed around by them 24/7. It was… almost refreshing. Hey, even people who liked to be feared enjoyed the every now and again praise - trust Dan, it was often a rarity “Thanks kid,” Dan stated with a genuine smile as he took a seat. “Hey, you want this phone? It’s technically a prototype, but everyone else will be getting it in a year or two?” Dan questioned, pulling out a extra phone from his pocket (trust Dan to have extras of technology at all time) and throwing it in his direction. “Re…re…really? Oh…oh my…oh god yes please…oh can you… can you sign it?”

A laugh left his lips, and soon the man found himself grabbing a sharpie from the boy and signing the back of the phone before handing it back - though, soon enough, a familiar… annoying voice met his ears and he found himself in a worse mood than before.

“Maybe you’ll get lucky darling, and I’ll see you in one of these trailers after the shoot.”

Moving his line of sight, Dan found the one, the only - worst actress in the bloody world - Valerie fcking Woods. Great. She seemed to be talking to one of the actors from those superhero movies, and Dan felt an instant roll of his eyes looking at the flirtatious munovers of the girl as she placed her hand on the man’s bicep. Maybe Dan was partially annoyed because he actually enjoyed those superhero movies from time to time, and this was a burst of reality that he never wanted. “Trust me, sleeping with Woods would be the worst mistake you could make. You’re better off sleeping with… quite literally any one else.”

Dan watched as Valerie turned to face him - a similar look of disgust filling her features when she realized who just cut into her… flirting? Could you even consider that sh!t show flirting? If you ask Dan, that was a hard no. “And what should Chris do instead? Listen to a lowlife like you? What are you even doing these days, Parker? Threatening highschoolers because that’s all you know how to do?”

A cruel laugh left Dan’s lips as he watched Valerie take a seat in the other makeup chair - a stylist immediately going over to her and starting on her makeup. Soon he was met with the same, a women who started touching his hair - though, honestly, Dan was too involved in this bullsh!t conversation to listen to the women asking him to stop moving.

“Not that you deserve an answer, but while you who… from what I hear… was and is fcking anything with legs… I’m far too busy actually doing important work. That’s probably why Forbes Magazine named me a genius and one of the most eligible bachelors for the 5th year in a row… Not to mention, richest bachelor… and genius… did I mention genius? Though, you probably have no idea what that means, seeing as you don’t have half a brain,”

Dan’s eyes narrowed at the immediacy of her laugh at his words. Did it seem like he was fcking joking? Trust him, he was not. “I can tell you still have the the emotional capability of a 2-year-old. You’d think a genius like yourself would have grown out of being a fcking child.”

“Oh go fck yourself, Woods. That’s all you really know how to do anyways. I can’t believe they let a piece of sh!t on Kimmel like you.”

“Fcking myself is probably more fun that fcking you, Dan. No, honestly, I feel bad for anyone who’s ever been in bed with you - it must be a really underwhelming experience. Please, if you ever run into any of them again, send them my way if they want an actual good time. And you’re really calling me trash? Have you looked in a mirror?”

“Oh go fck off. And, I have. All I see is a handsome devil looking back who, you know, actually has a future ahead of them besides filming p0rno after you become a washed up actress who can’t get any roles anymore.”

“Yeah you might want to remove handsome from that sentence, because trust me, all you are is a fcking devil. And, don’t worry about me - either way, I’m sure you’ll be seeing me on your screen for years to come - clearly you’re still obsessed with me.”

“Obsessed? You’re crazy.”

“Right - says the man who wouldn’t leave me the fck alone in highschool and now you’re following me again. I wouldn’t be surprised if you came here because you knew I’d be her…”

Daniel snorted, rolling his eyes for what felt like the millionth time. “Get over yourself. You’re a piece of sht now, and you always have been - I just wanted to make sure you always knew that.”

“Tell yourself whatever lets you sleep at night, Daniel.”

“I don’t need to tell myself anything.”

“Sure.”

“I don’t.”

“Mmhm.”

“Just fcking admit it, Valerie.”

“Admit what?.”

“You know what, I’m not falling for this psyco-bull sht you’re pulling.”

“I’m not pulling anything.”

Suffice to say - however Dan felt when talking to the intern, he felt the opposite right now. He could feel his face reddining in anger - and honestly, Valerie Wood was the only one who could do that to him. Everyone else always just succumbed to his wishes, but she always had to fcking fight back.

“You know what, this show isn’t worth my fcking time. Any place that decides to interview is below my caliber.” Dan immediately stood up from his chair, pulling away from the woman who was doing his har and making his way towards the exit. Though he stopped only when hearing Valerie mutter “What a coward.”

Oh NO she didn’t. Even though he was near the door, Dan walked back, pushing over the woman who was doing the makeup so that Valerie was facing him. Though she was in his chair, Dan found himself crouching over her so he could look into her eyes. “Listen here, darling. You mean nothing to me, and honestly, probably to anyone in this sh!tty world. If anything, you’re just the fck toy people pass around for the hell of it and you let them because you like being used. It’s the only time you feel fcking alive, because inside, you feel absolutely nothing. Am I right?”

He could see her getting p!ssed off and part of why he knew it was true was because… most fcking times, he felt the exact same way. Hollow with no purpose, but that much he kept hidden away. He found her moving to say something, but he didn’t let her. “Oh shut up. No one cares about your baseless fcking arguments. Trust me, I certainly don’t. You’re nothing, and you know you’re nothing. And we both know you have more than your fair share of secrets you want hidden, so I suggest you be a good fcking girl and shut the fck up for once.”

With those words, he brought his lips to her ears, whispering the next part. “Unless you want everyone to know how you killed your twin sister, I suggest you leave me the fck alone and don’t ever talk back to me. Got it? Good.” Yep… Dan did indeed find out quite a few secrets.

With that, Dan gave a signature smirk before making his way towards the exit. What he didn’t fcking expect was for a hard object to hit the back of his head. Turning around, Dan looked at the ground and found a fcking HAIRDRYER on the floor next to him. SHE THREW A HAIRDRYER AT HIM. THAT CRAZY BTCH.

Dan brought his hand to the back of his head, but soon found the pain in his head supplemented with a hard fcking slap. “Go ahead, Dan. Tell every fcking person you see, I don’t fcking care. But honestly, all this fcking proves is the fact that you’re a 2 year old child who’s still obsessed with my life after 6 fcking years. Do it, I fcking dare you”

And with that, he felt another slap before she walked away in clear anger. “I’m going the fck home,” he found her yelling to the intern and with a look of annoyance on his own features, he walked away too.

@CerealKiller - mean
@novella - Delilah Mentioned

3 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY - 5 Years Old

OKAY HELLO. TODAY WAS THE DAY. Yes, do you know what day? Obviously the day. The BESTEST day. IT WAS HER DADDY’S BIRTHDAY AND ARIA WAS GOING TO GET HIM A GIFT. No more drawing her daddy pictures of her and mama and him and Tobbyy noooo. Today, she’d get him her first reaaaaal gift like mama always got for him. But first… she just had to work up the courage to walk across the street… alone.

Aria looked at the honking cars, a frown on her face as she tried to figure out how the heck to cross the street. Look - Aria was still little okay and mommy always said that she couldn’t cross the street alone but she wasn’t alone… technically. There were a lot of people everywhere… duh. And and and… and there was no backing out now. Aria had been planning this ever since she went to the store with Daddy and he picked up a watch to look at it before putting it back and getting Aria a toy instead and mommy some ice cream. It was all a part of her plan - first when she was in line to go to where the cars and parents would be lining up for pick up, she asked one of her friends to go distract the teacher, and then she just snuck away. Her school was really close to the main shopping center so so so once her teacher was distracted, all she had to do was carefully walk over to the curb, and out of sight of the school grounds and so hereeee she was. She totally had enough time to go to the store, get her daddy’s present, AND come back before her daddy even picked her up. Yeah… totally. She just… had to be fast okay. Aria’s eyes went back to the cars, and she noticed a lot of people crowding around her probably waiting too so all she had to do was follow them right? And look at the little sign on the street tha would turn green when it was her turn to wal… oh the walking thing is green. OKAY. TIME TO WALK.

With a hurried pace, Aria walked amongst the crowd of people walking in the same direction as her, and soon enough, with a lil run at the end because they were outpacing her with their big legs and she had ended up at the end of the crowd, SHE HAD MADE IT (just in time for the cars to start driving). Phew. ANYWAYS, STORE TIME. A big smile met Aria’s cheeks as she walked inside the biiiig store. Okay, in retrospect, every place was big compared to Aria but this place was realllllly big. It had fancccy clothes on racks, and fancy peopllllee, and fancyyy pursessss, and everything was fancy. It was one of those stores mama would say was boooooring and stuffy before convincing Aria to go to McDonald’s instead - to which Aria always said yes because, hello, food. But Aria actually liked shopping and looking at things which is why she always went when her daddy was going.

HENCE WHY SHE KNEW HER DADDY WOULD LIKE HER GIFT. Skipping to where she remembered her Daddy picked up the watch, Aria smiled looking at it through the glass. Oh yea… that was an issue, it was in a glass case. Sigh. “Excu…exc…excuse me can I…” Aria started, trying to get the attention of the lady who was on the other side of the counter. BUT she was busy showing a woman a necklace a few feet away and wouldn’t even look at Aria :frowning: . LOOK. Aria didn’t have a lot of time okay :sob:. She waited for a second and tried to be patient like her parents always told her, she tried to look around for someone else to help before she just… went to the other side. IT WASN’T BAD OKAY she just wanted to help the busy lady. Walking to the side where the workers… um worked, Aria walked to where she had seen the watch and smiled when she found. The lady still seemed busy so Aria just grabbed the watch, pulled out the money she had gotten from her monopoly game and put it where she got the watch from, and then placed the watch in her bag. EASY. Now she had a gift for her daddy. With that, Aria left just like when she came in and she started skipping back towards the exit. Now all she had to do was go back to school, get picked up by her dad, and and and surprise him.

Well… that would be all she had to do but the minute she skipped out the door, Aria heard this LOUD blaring sound that hurt her ears. She felt her arm grabbed, and she was pulled back inside and then the blaring stopped… and then there was a big man in a police uniform looking at her with a frown… what… did she do?

Tears fell down Aria’s face as she sat in a cold steel chair in the back of the fancy store she was in before. And trust Aria, the back wasn’t as nice… not at all. The… the security guard kept asking who she was with and… and Aria had to tell him she was there alone but he didn’t believe her and he TOOK her backpack and the watch inside and kept asking her if she stole it but she DIDN’T. She told Mr. Security Man that she put the money in the case where she got the watch, but but he didn’t believe her and he left her alone in this room and she was cold and alone and her backpack was gone :sob:

Slowly standing up, Aria walked towards the closed door and lightly hit it. “Mr I… I… I… I need to go… my…my…my Daddy’s waiting for me,” her words came out in a little whisper in between her tears. “It…it…it’s his birthday…and…and…” Though, as she said those words, she found the door opening and her DADDY coming in and wrapping his arms around her tightly. “What the heck was going through your mind?” She felt her daddy hugging her tightly and honestly that just made her cry more. “I… I just want…wanted to…to…to buy you a…a… birthday… present…” Aria slowly got out “I… didn’t…steal daddy… I… I… I paid from th…the monopoly game…you b…bought me… and…and I tried to go back to school… but…but they brought me here.”

She heard her dad sigh as he pulled away, looking at her as he wiped her tears. “Aria Pierce, how did you get here?”

“I…I walked.”

“You walked? Alone?”

“I know mommy said not to but I wasn’t alone there…there were a lot of…of people…”

“Aria…” another sigh left her dad’s lips as he started rubbing the bridge of his nose - he was doing that thing he did when he was frustrated and it started making Aria’s eyes teary again. “I’m sorry…I…I…made you mad.”

"Aria, I’m not mad. I was worried about you when you weren’t at school. "

“But but… I wanted to get you a gift.”

"Sweetie, I don’t need a gift, I just want to spend the day with you and mommy and Toby. That’s it. All I want is one of your pretty drawings. "

“You…yo…you sure?”

“Yes my love.”

@Littlefeets

1 Like

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 7 (1/2)

“So let me just bloody get this straight. Mum, you used to date Leonardo Azure… Azure… like my ex’s father?”

“I…did…”

“When you were a teenager”

“…yes”

“And dad… you used… to be his best friend?”

“Correct.”

“…since you were children?”

“Darling we went over this already, you don’t need to repeat the same questions…”

“WELL I’M SORRY DAD, I JUST HAD MY MUM AND DAD TELL ME THAT THEY USED TO BE CLOSELY CONNECTED TO AN EX AND MY HEAD HURTS.”

“Darling. please don’t shout… it’s 2 in the morning… you’re going to wake up…”

Before her mother could finish, however, it seemed Jess’ “shouting” had coincided with Shay crying.

“See… look darling… why don’t we set aside some time in the morning to discuss this? All three of us.”

“You won’t bail on me? I’ve heard that one before mum.”

“We won’t bail on you darling.”

“Fine… but I expect a full rundown of all of this.”

“Deal my love, now, go check on your love.”

With a sigh, Jess got up from the edge of her mother’s bed where she had been sitting for the last 40 minutes grilling her parents about the FACT THAT BOTH HER PARENTS KNEW LEO. As she made her way to Shay’s nursery… only to find Dorian already there consoling their daughter. Jess watched for a second, her head leaning on the doorframe as she thought back to her conversation. “So what happened?”

With his words, Jess found herself out of her trance and walked towards him - wrapping her arms around him and gently moving her hands to her baby’s cheek. She watched as Shay yawned, her eyes closing again as she fell back into a gentle sleep. “I don’t think I"ll be sleeping tonight… I have some research to do… since it seems Leonardo Azure is… Kai’s father.”

“Mind if I help?”

“You sure?”

“Just tell me what I need to do.”

To be continued…

@Littlefeets
@astxrism

3 Likes

May 10th, 1999

Note: Anniversary May 15th

Just a 3-day road trip, they said.

What could go wrong, they said.

Well, you want to know what could go wrong on a three-day road trip? How about being stranded in the middle of nowhere while your boyfriend was mad at you? Yep, Leo was mad at her. Or… frustrated with her? All she knew was that she had gotten the silent treatment for the last few hours (trust her - she and her incessant talking about nonsense did not help her in that particular situation) and noooww they were stuck in the middle of nowhere Ohio at 11:47 PM - 7 hours away from their destination and technically just a little over 24 hours before her boyfriend’s birthday… and the bloody party she was planning him.

Oh didn’t you know? That was the reason he was mad at her - his birthday. Well… technically, he just didn’t know it yet. You know what… let’s just start from the beginning, why don’t we?

May 8th, 1999

“Ready to go?”

A soft smile met Adelaide’s lips as Holly jumped in her arms - clearly, their little puppy didn’t want either of them to leave. Maybe it was separation anxiety from the first time Addie left… and well… she didn’t really give warning to either Leo or Holly that time… LOOK IN HER DEFENSE SHE WAS UPSET and anyways, they were now past that. Though, the little rascal would be joining them in just a few days once Leo and she settled into his Hamptons estate.

Hamptons… yep, that’s where Leo was taking her. After graduating a few weeks ago, it seemed like a good time for a vacation and with her boyfriend having business to deal with in New York, it just fit. Though… knowing Addie’s… extreme fear of flying… (for good reason but that was another issue altogether), Leo offered to make a road trip out of it… and since Addie’s fear of cars was far less than that of planes, she wholeheartedly agreed. So now, here she was - sitting on the floor of Leo’s apartment playing with her darling puppy which was basically the same as helping Leo and Justin move luggage into the car… totally. Okay fine, it wasn’t but if the two men wanted to buy into the masculinity complex and do the heavy lifting who was she to deny that need?

“Butttttt she’s gonna miss me, darling.” Addie stated, a pout on her lips as she put the dog down only to find Holly running back into her arms. SEE. SEPARATION ANXIETY.

“Holly will be fine, she’ll have your brother to mess with until both Justin and Natalia join us in 4 days.”

“Mess with? HEY. I didn’t agree to that. I was told all I had to do was keep her alive.”

Oh did Addie not mention her brother would be joining her for the summer? It truly was becoming an entire Parker affair - which, if you ask Adelaide, was always an… interesting occasion. But hey, Leo would have business to deal with and Addie needed entertainment - hence the invite. Though, Justin immediately declined the opportunity to join them on the road trip because apparently being stuck with her in a confined space for over 5 hours was apparently hazardous to his mental state which she called bullsht on. Let’s be honest, Justin just wanted to have unrestricted sex with his girlfriend…ew… okay let’s not think about that. That, and, well he thought she and her fear of planes were crazy since he could get there within hours while they were taking days. BUT AT LEAST HE WAS BRINGING HOLLY SO HE WASN’T GOOD FOR NOTHING.

“ALIVE AND HAPPY, JJ. Both are a bloody requirement.”

“Oh… see If I knew that I wouldn’t have agree-… HEY STOP IT.”

Did Addie throw a pillow at her brother? Yes, yes she did. Take the might of her decorative pillow, Justin.

In annyyyycase. It seemed it was time to get started on this three-day road trip… and honestly… she was excited. It had been almost two months since the two had made amends and since then, their relationship had only grown stronger. Things were just… good and they were almost at their one-year anniversary since the two of them met at that art gallery: an anniversary that was apparently only two days after Leonardo’s birthday.

See… this was the exact reason that Adelaide Parker had a plan. 1. She knew that Leo had something planned for their anniversary, so… she obviously had to one-up him for his birthday which he probably didn’t realize she remembered. Yep, Addie had to do some digging to figure out when his birthday was and she had the date marked since the 3-month mark in their relationship. 2. She just…wanted to make sure Leo knew how much she loved him. Honestly, things were rocky a few months ago and this was just the right time to make sure he knew it. 3. And, finally, she wanted to make his day eventful… and not in the way her birthday was was eventful.

Suffice to say; Adelaide Parker had a lot to do, and not enough time (or space) away from her boyfriend in the next few days to do so… which is why it was a good thing she had a secret weapon in her toolbelt. Yep, Addie had called on one of her closest friends who just happened to be an amazing event planner (or soon-to-be event planner which was basically the same difference even if her friend would deny it) and booked her the first flight to the Hamptons. Honestly, Miranda was probably on a flight at the current moment and soon would be at her boyfriend’s place coordinating the entire thing with the unlimited budget Addie had given her.

12 hours later: ~ 7 PM

“You know darling, I have to say that I’m pretty surprised you’re not tired of me yet. Justin would never willingly sit in a car with me for three days, and by this hour he’d probably be clawing his eyes out” There was a soft smile on Addie’s lips as she looked over at Leo who was concentrating on the road, though at her words, she found him moving his right hand to grab hers only to place a kiss on it.

“Well, I’m not Justin.”

“Thank bloody god for that. I don’t think I’d be dating you if you wer…”

“Not what I meant, Addie.” A soft laugh left his lips as he turned to face her for a moment, only to turn back to face the road.

“I know, let me tease you wanker”

“Only if I can too.”

“You? Tease me? I don’t think you have it in you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yep, I’m un-teasable. I’m like a bloody rock. You can’t faze me, darling.”

“That’s not what you were saying last night when I brought my lips to your th-”

“HEY” Addie felt her cheeks reddening at the… well not so pg-13 route this conversation was going down. That is not the type of teasing she was talking about. He was totally cheating.

“You’re saying I’m wrong?”

“No…but that’s not relevant”

“Not relevant? So you wouldn’t want me to do it again when we get to the hotel roo-” as he started saying that, Addie found his hand moving to her thigh and if it was possible, the red in her cheeks darkened even more so.

“You, Mister, need to keep your hands to yourself and on the wheel and… I… I - I need to pee.”

"Thoughts so.

OH, THE IMMEDIACY OF THE SMIRK THAT MET HER BOYFRIEND’S LIPS AT THAT. Was she changing the conversation with that last sentiment? MAYBE. But did she need him to smirk at it? No, no it was totally unnecessary. Though whether her words were true or not, Addie found Leo pulling off the highway and soon, towards a gas station. When he stopped, Addie gave Leo no warning before wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him in for a kiss - one which, if the two weren’t currently in a car in a public location, probably would have led to… well… you know. Though, within a few seconds, she pulled away without warning and a similar smirk meeting her lips as she quickly muttered “byeeee” and made her grand escape. What? He deserved that after making her blush… though… honestly her exit would have been far cooler if she could remember how to open this bloody passenger door. Instead, she uttered her bye and found herself struggling with the bloody handle… which, of course, was followed by her boyfriend laughing. Again.

Great.

“OKAY You can stop laughing now love and help me? Please - I do actually have to bloody pee.” Addie sighed, to which she found him bringing his hand to her cheek to pull her back for a sweet kiss, before he pulled away and leaned over her side to click a button and open the door. Look - technology wasn’t her thing, they had been over this and Leo just had to go and get a new car that didn’t have easy regular door handles. Okay… yeah, him getting a new car was technically her fault too seeing as she crashed his last one… but that was irrelevant okay?

After using the loo, Addie found herself navigating towards the snacks as Leo filled the tank. At this point, she pretty much had her hands filled with every American candy that caught her intrigue which became only slightly problematic when her new mobile started ringing. It was something her brother had gifted her so that he could be in contact with her 24/7 - which, unsurprisingly happened after her accident. But honestly, she didn’t mind - Adelaide actually kind of liked the idea of being able to call someone from anywhere.

“Hello? Sh… hold up fck.” Addie sighed as one of her bags of chips fell out of her hands.

“Addie?”

You know how when one thing falls out of your hands and then you go to grab it and another thing dislodges and falls too? Yeah… that was happening and Addie was basically trying to prevent a catastrophe though when she heard the voice on the phone, she immediately dropped everything and placed her hand on the phone.

“Miranda? OH MY GOD MIRANDA. Did you land? How are you? Is anything wrong?”

“No no everything fine. I just got to the estate. Are you sure your boyfriend wouldn’t mind me staying here while I plan the party? I don’t want to be a hassle…”

“No trust me darling everything’s fine. Settle in, we’ll be there in a few days. Now… what do you need from me in the meanwhile?”

If only she hadn’t said those words: perhaps then, things wouldn’t have slowly unraveled over the next few days leading to… well… the fight. A fight that neither of them could exactly run away from seeing as they were stuck in a car. Though those words were, indeed, said… and nothing could stop what was to come over the next two days.

To be continued because I’m tired of writing for now

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

vc new 2

She was never one to give up easily, but sometimes she wasn’t really sure she wanted to win. Standing there, the old yet familiar proximity of his body to her own always had an effect on her, it was just human nature, might be messy but if there wasn’t something there to begin with, they wouldn’t have got where they are today. Tho, where the fck are they today? Know what, never mind.

”There’s way less fun in that” she replied with a smirk ”it’s the element of surprise, darling” she added and moved a bit as well, though remaining near the sink, leaning on it a bit as she moved her hair aside.
”Well a little hope never hurt, didn’t say it was realistic did I?” she added at his claim of her not knowing him at all, which they both know was complete bs, in a way they were somewhat similar in that aspect, there were many things about her that for some part of her life he was one of the only people who knew. And it goes both ways.

Veronica’s brows rose up a bit at the end of his speech, yeah she could totally understand all the parts about not belonging and hurting people, but then he ended it saying about how he felt like a piece of sht,

”No” she responded, not looking at him for a moment as she spoke, then turned her gaze back to look at him, pushing herself off the sink and walking up to him, her heels clicking against the floor as she walked, confidently as always. ”I don’t accept it, whether you like it or not I honestly just don’t care.” she started, crossing her arms at first before continuing ”Call me a piece of sht, call whoever you want however you want, but you don’t get to fcking talk like that about yourself. If you don’t want to feel like a piece of sht just. don’t. do it. nobody’s forcing you to believe in it, especially since it’s not true.” she added, pointing her finger into his chest, looking him in the eyes as she spoke.

”You might not be blood related, but Raph and Diego will never leave you. They love you and as much as you keep telling yourself it doesn’t matter it fcking does.” she added after a while, turning back to the family topic. She could understand what he felt about hurting his family, after all, she almost caused her own mother to od or have a miscarriage or who knows what could have happened, and it was her fault. Yeah it was blue royalty’s fault too, but she let it happen. And there was not a single moment when she didn’t hate herself for it. ”They’d NEVER get on a plane and leave you and everyone else that needs them just because of something you did.” she said, looking away for a moment ”and you’re fcking lucky for that so get your sht together and stop trying to throw away something good. Trust me, I’m the master of throwing away good things” she finished and turned away, taking a deep yet quiet breath at the whole mini interior breakdown she almost just had, she didn’t mean to open up at all but apparently it just happens sometimes I suppose.

”i’ll go… check on Diego” she added quietly and turned away, probably a good idea.

@benitz786 Yo
@Littlefeets and like talking bout Diego too

3 Likes

Learning to tie shoes - 2035

Sophie sat at the kitchen table, knees tucked in close, an expression on her face that conveyed a mixture of sadness, confusion, and embarrassment. “What’s wrong Sophie?” At the sound of her brother’s voice she looked up from her shoes to meet his eyes, but only for a moment. “Nothing…” It hadn’t been very long since she was adopted, but Dante already knew well enough to know that something wasn’t alright. “You can tell me, what’s up?” Though she didn’t respond, it was only a matter of moments before he came close to her, and saw her focus on the untied shoes she was wearing. “Is something wrong with your shoes, Soph?”

She shook her head slightly, technically nothing was wrong with her shoes. She loved her brand new shoes, but there was a problem. She grabbed one of the laces and looked at her brother with a frown. “I don’t know how…”

Sophie could see the surprise on Dante’s face when she admitted that she didn’t know how to tie her own shoes. He looked as confused as she had when she was trying to figure out how to actually tie them. “Nobody ever taught you?” Sophie shook her head in response. She’d never had shoes that actually had laces before.

“Well, let me fix that then.” He said, coming around beside her, and holding the laces of her shoe where she could see what he was doing. “Alright, here’s how dad taught me.” Sophie watched as he slowly walked her through each step, before turning to her with the words. “Do you want to try now, or want me to show you again?”

“Show me again, please.”

“Ok, but this time, you can help walk me through it.” Dante said, having her help tell him the steps he had just shown her as he tied the shoe for her, but this time once the shoe was tied, he untied them both. “Now you try.” For the first shoe, he walked her through the steps as she looked unsure, but the second one he let her do it entirely on her own. “I did it!”

“Yeah you did Sophie!” he said, giving her a high five.

Sophie smiled widely and hugged her older brother tightly. “Thank you for being my brother.”

“I couldn’t have asked for a better little sister. I’m just glad I was able to help.”

2 Likes

Tackling Take 3 - 2039

Note: Shay is 8, Zoe is 6, Aidan is 3, Babies are almost 1

Was Jessica having a staring contest with Zoe? Yes, yes she was. What? THIS KID KEPT MESSING UP WHAT SHE NEEDED TO DO. IT WASN’T THAT BLOODY HARD, ZOE. Honestly, It was quite simple - she had literally had to just tackle her dad. IT WAS NOT THAT DIFFICULT. All this kid had to do was run to her dad and push him. PUSH HIM. Trust Jess, her dad could handle some pushing - his ego was farrrrrr to high anyways.

“Say it one more time, Zoe,”

“I…pwomise I won’t hug…”

“Hug and what else?,”

“Oh oh right Mommy. I…pwomise I won’t hug OR kiss daddy before I tackle him.”

“Good. Daddy will be home in jussst a little bit… Shay, you got Ethan?”

“YEP Mommy. Me and Ethan will get Daddy’s right side,”

“And Aidan, what are you NOT going to do?”

“H…ho…hold dwaddy’s hand.”

“Good, you can hold his hand after you listen to mommy okay?”

“O…okay mwommy.”

Kissing her son’s chubby cheek, she looked at Zoe with a raised eyebrow. “Okay Zoe, you and Aidan are going to get daddy’s left side, remember?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Psst hold his hand Zoeeee,”

“Oh yeahhhhh.”

Jess smiled watching Shay guide her little sister so that she was holding Aidan’s little hand. With one last smile at the kids, Jess finally put her attention on Grayson who was cooing and bouncing in her hands - begging for attention the minute she begin training… just Zoe and Aidan. After all, Shay had this down from day 1 and Ethan and Grayson were just gonna follow sooooo… DOn"T mEsS thiS uP ZOE AND AIDAN. Hearing her husband’s car pull up, Jess picked Grayson up giving ONE LAST stare down to her middle daughter and son - ""Alright kids. Three…twooooo… NOW TACKLE " Watching as the door opened, Jess watched as Shay and Ethan slowly ran to their dad along with Zoe and Aidan who were ACTUALLY LISTENING.

Here was the problem though, Apparently Dorian was expecting this… to happen. Which… usually wouldn’t be an issue - but the minute he came in, Dorian had ICE CREAM in his hand and yelled “Stop right now and I’ll give everyone their favorite flavor of ice cream.”

OKAY, YOU’RE BRIBING THEM NOW? TOUCHÉ W^nker. The minute Zoe screamed “Iceeee creaaaaam” Jess knew it was over, and a sigh left her lips as the kids lined up for ice cream with their dad who had taken a seat on the floor to give them a kiss and whatever they wanted. After a second, Jess brought Grayson and took a seat next to him.

“And Grayson, do you want a little ice cream?”

Jess raised her eyebrow at the man ignoring her and going straight to Grayson.

“You blood arse” Jess sighed, seeing the man smile and finally give her attention - which resulted in a kiss. “You have to do better, Jess. I’m too good.”

“Just give me my bloody ice cream already, idiot”

@astxrism

2 Likes

How to Hack 101 - 2024

Did Daniel BLOODY Parker ever expect himself to be giving an intro class for hacking? Him? HIM? Daniel… the GENIUS? No. God no. A bloody intro class + Daniel wasn’t something that worked - not together. That’s exactly why Daniel had denied becoming a TA when he was in college - dealing with incompetent idiots wasn’t on his to-do list of things to fcking do. After all, Daniel ran a multi-trillion-dollar business and several other expenditures… yes surprisingly both “Dorian Sucks Island (DSI Island)” and “Malachi Azure Is an Arse (MAIA)” Island was actually bringing in a lot of money. That being said, people might wonder why he agreed to this particular job. Well…it’s irrelevant. Don’t question Daniel’s choices.

“Alright, Now what have we learned so far? What are the basics of hacking? I expect you both to get this right, got it? I don’t tolerate mistakes.”

“Um… fwirst we ac…acce…access vul…vulnerabilities daddy”

Daniel smiled looking at his little girl sitting at her computer set up as he taught her how to hack. Walking over to her, he placed a kiss on her cheek. “Good job sweetie, what else. You, go” Daniel stated, walking towards his other student. He stared into her eyes, not backing down as he waited for a response.

“We…Gather intell…intelligence about entry points and access…the system af…after exp…ploiting weak…nesses Uncle Dan”

“Good Job Laurel Danielle, I’m proud of you kid.” Daniel smiled, giving her a kiss on her forehead too. Sorry Jez, if you didn’t want your kid to learn from the master, don’t ask Dan to babysit.

Annnhwayyys. “Alright, now moving on to step two. Both of you two open up the hacking program I made. We’re going to learn how to script code.”

@Littlefeets - Laurel Danielle (3-4 years old)
@CerealKiller - VC (2-3 years old)

1 Like

The Song Writing Process - 2027

With a guitar in hand, Jordan had a grin on his features as he looked at his daughter. “You ready to help me, Annie? I can’t do this without you.”

The little girl had a shy expression on her face as she sat across from him on the studio couch. Sadie and Jordan had adopted the little girl a few months ago and it was clear she was still getting used to both of them… which is exactly why Jordan thought he needed some quality daddy/daughter bonding time… though… he hadn’t exactly told her what he needed before bringing her to the studio. Just that he needed her help and the simple ask of if she’d help him out for today. “You said you like Disney movies, right? So some people told me I have to write a song for one of the new movies and I don’t think I can do it without you. Can you help me write it?”

Jordan waited for a soft, though hesitant okay to leave her lips before he started telling her the storyline of the movie - Moana. “The movie is about this adventurous girl, just like you. On her mission to save her family, she meets this veerrryyy selfish demigod who’s help she wants but he is wayyyy too in his head. So the song is from the demigod talking to the girl okay?”

“…okay…”

Maybe Jordan was being a little confusing, but he knew the two of them would have fun soon enough. “Okay so… hmm… if you were this demigod and you were talking to this girl. What would you say to show that you were… a little selfish? Imagine she just saved you and you were responding to her.”

“Maybe…maybe You’re welcome? Because… he thinks he’s… good? I don’t… know.”

“You’re welcome… I like that.”

2 hours later

“Woah Annie we just wrote a whole song and it was all thanks to you. Ready to sing it with me from the beginning?”

Over the past few hours, Annie had clearly gotten more comfortable with the concept - to the point where the two were even debating (playfully) what the demigod would say - but, of course, Jordan ended up going with what Annie said. Waiting a mere second, Jordan started strumming his guitar before singing the song she just helped him write.

And well… let’s just say that song was a hit. And perhaps, Annie even has a small appearance as Moana in her younger years in the movie too.

@novella

2 Likes

If you asked Ricky if he was happy to get away from this fck sh!t town five minutes ago, the answer was hell fcking yea. If you asked him right now? Well, sadly his response would be very different. What was the reason for this drastic change? Well, the person sitting a few feet away from him was an easy answer. Honestly, the funny part was Enrique actually was looking forward to this. He needed this… needed it after all the sht he had been going through in his life. He needed to escape the suffocating text messages from his so-called family - mostly Diego which made it even more annoying because that idiot couldn’t get the message. At least Ralph stopped. Not to mention, this trip allowed him to escape his roommate… aka Logan who was recently getting on his last nerve with the subtle questions about why he was treating his siblings like he was. Well, hello Logan, they weren’t his siblings and they didn’t have to deal with his sht anymore. She technically didn’t have to deal with it either, but clearly, she wasn’t going to leave anytime soon so here he fcking was: on a trip with Annie… and her sister… and his fcking ex-brother.

Great.

Just fcking great.

Did he try to leave? No sht he tried to leave - but nooo, apparently they had already closed the doors and the gate was being pushed back meaning he found himself right back next to Annie who asked if it went well. “Ha ha. Very funny. Ever consider going into comedy? I think you’d just be fcking great at it.” . Okay… maybe there was some frustration there… less with the girl he was sitting next to and more so towards Raphael Montoya.

Honestly, he wasn’t going to say anything. He had absolutely no fcking intention of saying a word for the next 10 hours… yep… 10 hours according to Paige. That was, of course, until he heard a scoff from his… sorry not his brother. “You think you could get away from this stupid city without a Montoya following you around, but clearly you’re like a fcking tick I just can’t get rid of.” He mumbled, his eyes meeting Ralphs’s as the words escaped his lips.

@CerealKiller
@novella

3 Likes

imagez

“You know there’s actually really high crime rates in England?”

Paige couldn’t help the scoff that left her lips at the words… and the subsequent semblance of a sentence that Annie was getting out. Was she really trying to diffuse the tension? Seriously? Come on, it was almost like the girl didn’t want to enjoy the free in-flight entertainment. Did Annie even know how bloody long they were going to be up here? Trust Paige, this was a good thing. This, of course, being two Montoya brothers who despised each other being in close proximity.

Though, as Annie’s words dissipated - no other’s took its place - leaving what could only be considered as the most fcking painful silence any person had ever heard. “Ten on a good day, love. We’ll be up here a while.” Paige said bored out of her fcking mind already. Well… was bored… that was until she heard Annie’s little plaything say something that… could provide some entertainment. Buckling in, Paige found her eyes lingering on Enrique for a mere second, before moving towards Annie - a statement within her features that this would be interesting.

With that, Paige looked towards Ralph who was sitting on her left… yep… entertainment for hours, obviously.

Time Skip - 3 hours later

Well, Paige Pierce wasn’t wrong - the flight itself had been… interesting, to say the least. The two Montoyas had been going at it for a few hours, stopping to drink, stop talking to one another, only to go at it again. Currently, the two were in their off period sitting on opposite ends of the plane which gave Paige ample space to walk towards Annie and take the seat next to her - two glasses of wine in hand. The two girls hadn’t exactly talked much for the past few hours - let’s just say, Paige was a little engaged in the Montoya commentary and… busy getting tipsy and Annie seemed to be in her own world. “So darling, guess we haven’t actually talked about all of this twin shit yet, so we might as well get it out of the way before meeting our dear mother.”

Did Paige say tipsy? Okay, perhaps it was more towards the Tipsy → Drunk area since normal her would never be willing to have this conversation. “You know, it’s actually bloody funny. I was so fcking p!ssed growing up. Like, Anna and Jess were twins, William and Emmy were twins, and there was fcking me. All fcking alone, like it’s always been. Seemed a little unfair if you ask me, but I don’t think you can exactly call all this sht fair. So do tell, how the fck are you feeling about all of this?”

@novella @CerealKiller - maybe a 2-3 post convo before meeting Anna

3 Likes

“That means the world, really,” Annie gratefully told a frustrated Ricky with her hand on her heart, “Don’t worry, I’ll be here all week,” She declared. Which, she quickly corrected after Paige’s confirmation of how long this journey will be. “… Or at least for the next ten hours,” She told him, not being able to hold in a grimace upon saying out loud the time frame. And another grimace when she realised that also meant: “And the other ten on the way back,” Her glaze shifted between the three sat around her, at the seemingly-unresolvable feud between the brothers and the questionable relationship the sisters had. Last time she checked, Paige hated her. But it had been a while since she last checked.

The Montoya battle was interesting for the first… half an hour, but after a now-bored Annie attempted to finally suppress the tension led to a still-entertained Paige suppressing that attempt, Annie had soon broken away from the group to interchange between sitting and sleeping in a seat on her own. Which, in the following three hours, meant the occasional walk past from Ricky coming out of, or going back into, a dispute with his brother. Or ‘brother’. Maybe on a normal day she would be the ring girl for such arguments, but in the last week Annie had enough family drama to last a lifetime, she didn’t feel right sitting and watching another one take place, and she knew she was in no place to be solving it, either.

That was when a female, more Paige-looking person walked past her, and sat, starting to talk to her. Annie’s sober state immediately identified Paige’s lack of one as she began to break down her family. Well. Their family? Whatever, as she listened to Paige she realised how much she recognised her feelings. “Justin and Kyra were blood, and then there was me,” Annie initially answered, quietly. There was something about Paige now that made her feel like she had to be careful with what she said. Before, it didn’t matter if her bold statements and opinions made them clash even more because who was she to her? But now she was family. Annie hadn’t had much luck with that, and to clash further with her would be throwing that away. She didn’t want to be good at throwing away people anymore.

It was probably stupid for Annie to have hope in someone who knew about their existence for 18 years and never said anything. Which is why she answered, “I am feeling like Anna Pierce better have some amazing explanation for all of this. But can’t be too surprised, I obviously came from somewhere, I didn’t just show up at 12 years old, just didn’t think that answer was sat in class literally right in front of me for the last year at Cerulean,” Annie gestured towards her, if it wasn’t already obvious Paige was who she meant at that last part. But what she really felt was that back at home she had a father who had forgotten her entire existence, unbeknownst to everyone else on the plane. Annie had fvcked up with one family, could this be a chance to not fvck up?

“So you… knew Anna as your sister?” Annie asked Paige with uncertainty, with caution in the fact that it could set off a drunkened rant. Nothing Annie hasn’t done before.

@benitz786 Paige Pierce, Enrique Montoya
@CerealKiller Raphael Montoya

1 Like

imagez

A sad laugh escaped Paige’s lips as she took another long drink - after all, that’s all she knew how to do wasn’t it? Drink her sorrows? Right… “At least your siblings wanted you, darling. My siblings tolerated me, or that’s how it fcking felt every single fcking day of my existence.” That much was honestly… true. Despite the fact that Will and Emmy only had 5 years on her, those years felt like a lifetime… especially when both her siblings were far ahead of their peers. After all, for fcks sake Will skipped like 4 grades - and left… her. Emmy was there but dealing with her own sht, and Paige’s relationship with Will was always stronger. Suffice it to say, it fcking hurt when he skipped her nationals competition… though even talking about competition felt like a lifetime ago.

Now let’s talk about Anna and Jess. Honestly, Anna was barely in the picture when Paige was growing up. Anna was simply the one who looked like Jess, who Paige saw every now and again at Christmas or some royal function she was supposed to be at. Sure, there were cordial with each other. But, there was always a distance between them. Growing up, Paige just wrote that off to their age difference - after all, Anna was starting a family. Having another little sibling in the mess of all of that was annoying - even Paige could agree to that. But now, well, clearly that distance had more reason than one. Jess, however, was there. There was always something about her - if anything, Jessica acted as more of a mother figure than Anna ever did. So here’s the fcking question then - why did they screw over Paige the way they did? For a little girl who felt alone her entire life, a twin… would have fcking helped with that. So how come the two of them grew up on opposite sides of the world until now? Until coincidence brought Paige to Beryl to yell at her idiotic “brother” William.

Paige found herself lost in her thoughts about all of… her messed up family tree until, of course, she heard her sibling talking again. “Anna Pierce is a politician at heart, love. If we want answers, we have to ask the right questions - trust me on that. I’ve spent enough time growing up with the fcking liar to know that much. So, what the bloody hell are you going to ask, darling?”

There was genuine curiosity at that statement - though, honestly, Paige didn’t exactly know what she wanted to ask. Paige knew she wanted to yell… scream at the woman who she considered her sister for so long. But ask? “In a way, I guess you might say that. But she was an absentee sister at best. Makes sense, I guess. Maybe she had some sort of moral conscious and didn’t want to see what a shtty daughter she had created.”

@novella

1 Like