Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY - 5 Years Old

OKAY HELLO. TODAY WAS THE DAY. Yes, do you know what day? Obviously the day. The BESTEST day. IT WAS HER DADDY’S BIRTHDAY AND ARIA WAS GOING TO GET HIM A GIFT. No more drawing her daddy pictures of her and mama and him and Tobbyy noooo. Today, she’d get him her first reaaaaal gift like mama always got for him. But first… she just had to work up the courage to walk across the street… alone.

Aria looked at the honking cars, a frown on her face as she tried to figure out how the heck to cross the street. Look - Aria was still little okay and mommy always said that she couldn’t cross the street alone but she wasn’t alone… technically. There were a lot of people everywhere… duh. And and and… and there was no backing out now. Aria had been planning this ever since she went to the store with Daddy and he picked up a watch to look at it before putting it back and getting Aria a toy instead and mommy some ice cream. It was all a part of her plan - first when she was in line to go to where the cars and parents would be lining up for pick up, she asked one of her friends to go distract the teacher, and then she just snuck away. Her school was really close to the main shopping center so so so once her teacher was distracted, all she had to do was carefully walk over to the curb, and out of sight of the school grounds and so hereeee she was. She totally had enough time to go to the store, get her daddy’s present, AND come back before her daddy even picked her up. Yeah… totally. She just… had to be fast okay. Aria’s eyes went back to the cars, and she noticed a lot of people crowding around her probably waiting too so all she had to do was follow them right? And look at the little sign on the street tha would turn green when it was her turn to wal… oh the walking thing is green. OKAY. TIME TO WALK.

With a hurried pace, Aria walked amongst the crowd of people walking in the same direction as her, and soon enough, with a lil run at the end because they were outpacing her with their big legs and she had ended up at the end of the crowd, SHE HAD MADE IT (just in time for the cars to start driving). Phew. ANYWAYS, STORE TIME. A big smile met Aria’s cheeks as she walked inside the biiiig store. Okay, in retrospect, every place was big compared to Aria but this place was realllllly big. It had fancccy clothes on racks, and fancy peopllllee, and fancyyy pursessss, and everything was fancy. It was one of those stores mama would say was boooooring and stuffy before convincing Aria to go to McDonald’s instead - to which Aria always said yes because, hello, food. But Aria actually liked shopping and looking at things which is why she always went when her daddy was going.

HENCE WHY SHE KNEW HER DADDY WOULD LIKE HER GIFT. Skipping to where she remembered her Daddy picked up the watch, Aria smiled looking at it through the glass. Oh yea… that was an issue, it was in a glass case. Sigh. “Excu…exc…excuse me can I…” Aria started, trying to get the attention of the lady who was on the other side of the counter. BUT she was busy showing a woman a necklace a few feet away and wouldn’t even look at Aria :frowning: . LOOK. Aria didn’t have a lot of time okay :sob:. She waited for a second and tried to be patient like her parents always told her, she tried to look around for someone else to help before she just… went to the other side. IT WASN’T BAD OKAY she just wanted to help the busy lady. Walking to the side where the workers… um worked, Aria walked to where she had seen the watch and smiled when she found. The lady still seemed busy so Aria just grabbed the watch, pulled out the money she had gotten from her monopoly game and put it where she got the watch from, and then placed the watch in her bag. EASY. Now she had a gift for her daddy. With that, Aria left just like when she came in and she started skipping back towards the exit. Now all she had to do was go back to school, get picked up by her dad, and and and surprise him.

Well… that would be all she had to do but the minute she skipped out the door, Aria heard this LOUD blaring sound that hurt her ears. She felt her arm grabbed, and she was pulled back inside and then the blaring stopped… and then there was a big man in a police uniform looking at her with a frown… what… did she do?

Tears fell down Aria’s face as she sat in a cold steel chair in the back of the fancy store she was in before. And trust Aria, the back wasn’t as nice… not at all. The… the security guard kept asking who she was with and… and Aria had to tell him she was there alone but he didn’t believe her and he TOOK her backpack and the watch inside and kept asking her if she stole it but she DIDN’T. She told Mr. Security Man that she put the money in the case where she got the watch, but but he didn’t believe her and he left her alone in this room and she was cold and alone and her backpack was gone :sob:

Slowly standing up, Aria walked towards the closed door and lightly hit it. “Mr I… I… I… I need to go… my…my…my Daddy’s waiting for me,” her words came out in a little whisper in between her tears. “It…it…it’s his birthday…and…and…” Though, as she said those words, she found the door opening and her DADDY coming in and wrapping his arms around her tightly. “What the heck was going through your mind?” She felt her daddy hugging her tightly and honestly that just made her cry more. “I… I just want…wanted to…to…to buy you a…a… birthday… present…” Aria slowly got out “I… didn’t…steal daddy… I… I… I paid from th…the monopoly game…you b…bought me… and…and I tried to go back to school… but…but they brought me here.”

She heard her dad sigh as he pulled away, looking at her as he wiped her tears. “Aria Pierce, how did you get here?”

“I…I walked.”

“You walked? Alone?”

“I know mommy said not to but I wasn’t alone there…there were a lot of…of people…”

“Aria…” another sigh left her dad’s lips as he started rubbing the bridge of his nose - he was doing that thing he did when he was frustrated and it started making Aria’s eyes teary again. “I’m sorry…I…I…made you mad.”

"Aria, I’m not mad. I was worried about you when you weren’t at school. "

“But but… I wanted to get you a gift.”

"Sweetie, I don’t need a gift, I just want to spend the day with you and mommy and Toby. That’s it. All I want is one of your pretty drawings. "

“You…yo…you sure?”

“Yes my love.”

@Littlefeets

1 Like

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 7 (1/2)

“So let me just bloody get this straight. Mum, you used to date Leonardo Azure… Azure… like my ex’s father?”

“I…did…”

“When you were a teenager”

“…yes”

“And dad… you used… to be his best friend?”

“Correct.”

“…since you were children?”

“Darling we went over this already, you don’t need to repeat the same questions…”

“WELL I’M SORRY DAD, I JUST HAD MY MUM AND DAD TELL ME THAT THEY USED TO BE CLOSELY CONNECTED TO AN EX AND MY HEAD HURTS.”

“Darling. please don’t shout… it’s 2 in the morning… you’re going to wake up…”

Before her mother could finish, however, it seemed Jess’ “shouting” had coincided with Shay crying.

“See… look darling… why don’t we set aside some time in the morning to discuss this? All three of us.”

“You won’t bail on me? I’ve heard that one before mum.”

“We won’t bail on you darling.”

“Fine… but I expect a full rundown of all of this.”

“Deal my love, now, go check on your love.”

With a sigh, Jess got up from the edge of her mother’s bed where she had been sitting for the last 40 minutes grilling her parents about the FACT THAT BOTH HER PARENTS KNEW LEO. As she made her way to Shay’s nursery… only to find Dorian already there consoling their daughter. Jess watched for a second, her head leaning on the doorframe as she thought back to her conversation. “So what happened?”

With his words, Jess found herself out of her trance and walked towards him - wrapping her arms around him and gently moving her hands to her baby’s cheek. She watched as Shay yawned, her eyes closing again as she fell back into a gentle sleep. “I don’t think I"ll be sleeping tonight… I have some research to do… since it seems Leonardo Azure is… Kai’s father.”

“Mind if I help?”

“You sure?”

“Just tell me what I need to do.”

To be continued…

@Littlefeets
@astxrism

3 Likes

May 10th, 1999

Note: Anniversary May 15th

Just a 3-day road trip, they said.

What could go wrong, they said.

Well, you want to know what could go wrong on a three-day road trip? How about being stranded in the middle of nowhere while your boyfriend was mad at you? Yep, Leo was mad at her. Or… frustrated with her? All she knew was that she had gotten the silent treatment for the last few hours (trust her - she and her incessant talking about nonsense did not help her in that particular situation) and noooww they were stuck in the middle of nowhere Ohio at 11:47 PM - 7 hours away from their destination and technically just a little over 24 hours before her boyfriend’s birthday… and the bloody party she was planning him.

Oh didn’t you know? That was the reason he was mad at her - his birthday. Well… technically, he just didn’t know it yet. You know what… let’s just start from the beginning, why don’t we?

May 8th, 1999

“Ready to go?”

A soft smile met Adelaide’s lips as Holly jumped in her arms - clearly, their little puppy didn’t want either of them to leave. Maybe it was separation anxiety from the first time Addie left… and well… she didn’t really give warning to either Leo or Holly that time… LOOK IN HER DEFENSE SHE WAS UPSET and anyways, they were now past that. Though, the little rascal would be joining them in just a few days once Leo and she settled into his Hamptons estate.

Hamptons… yep, that’s where Leo was taking her. After graduating a few weeks ago, it seemed like a good time for a vacation and with her boyfriend having business to deal with in New York, it just fit. Though… knowing Addie’s… extreme fear of flying… (for good reason but that was another issue altogether), Leo offered to make a road trip out of it… and since Addie’s fear of cars was far less than that of planes, she wholeheartedly agreed. So now, here she was - sitting on the floor of Leo’s apartment playing with her darling puppy which was basically the same as helping Leo and Justin move luggage into the car… totally. Okay fine, it wasn’t but if the two men wanted to buy into the masculinity complex and do the heavy lifting who was she to deny that need?

“Butttttt she’s gonna miss me, darling.” Addie stated, a pout on her lips as she put the dog down only to find Holly running back into her arms. SEE. SEPARATION ANXIETY.

“Holly will be fine, she’ll have your brother to mess with until both Justin and Natalia join us in 4 days.”

“Mess with? HEY. I didn’t agree to that. I was told all I had to do was keep her alive.”

Oh did Addie not mention her brother would be joining her for the summer? It truly was becoming an entire Parker affair - which, if you ask Adelaide, was always an… interesting occasion. But hey, Leo would have business to deal with and Addie needed entertainment - hence the invite. Though, Justin immediately declined the opportunity to join them on the road trip because apparently being stuck with her in a confined space for over 5 hours was apparently hazardous to his mental state which she called bullsht on. Let’s be honest, Justin just wanted to have unrestricted sex with his girlfriend…ew… okay let’s not think about that. That, and, well he thought she and her fear of planes were crazy since he could get there within hours while they were taking days. BUT AT LEAST HE WAS BRINGING HOLLY SO HE WASN’T GOOD FOR NOTHING.

“ALIVE AND HAPPY, JJ. Both are a bloody requirement.”

“Oh… see If I knew that I wouldn’t have agree-… HEY STOP IT.”

Did Addie throw a pillow at her brother? Yes, yes she did. Take the might of her decorative pillow, Justin.

In annyyyycase. It seemed it was time to get started on this three-day road trip… and honestly… she was excited. It had been almost two months since the two had made amends and since then, their relationship had only grown stronger. Things were just… good and they were almost at their one-year anniversary since the two of them met at that art gallery: an anniversary that was apparently only two days after Leonardo’s birthday.

See… this was the exact reason that Adelaide Parker had a plan. 1. She knew that Leo had something planned for their anniversary, so… she obviously had to one-up him for his birthday which he probably didn’t realize she remembered. Yep, Addie had to do some digging to figure out when his birthday was and she had the date marked since the 3-month mark in their relationship. 2. She just…wanted to make sure Leo knew how much she loved him. Honestly, things were rocky a few months ago and this was just the right time to make sure he knew it. 3. And, finally, she wanted to make his day eventful… and not in the way her birthday was was eventful.

Suffice to say; Adelaide Parker had a lot to do, and not enough time (or space) away from her boyfriend in the next few days to do so… which is why it was a good thing she had a secret weapon in her toolbelt. Yep, Addie had called on one of her closest friends who just happened to be an amazing event planner (or soon-to-be event planner which was basically the same difference even if her friend would deny it) and booked her the first flight to the Hamptons. Honestly, Miranda was probably on a flight at the current moment and soon would be at her boyfriend’s place coordinating the entire thing with the unlimited budget Addie had given her.

12 hours later: ~ 7 PM

“You know darling, I have to say that I’m pretty surprised you’re not tired of me yet. Justin would never willingly sit in a car with me for three days, and by this hour he’d probably be clawing his eyes out” There was a soft smile on Addie’s lips as she looked over at Leo who was concentrating on the road, though at her words, she found him moving his right hand to grab hers only to place a kiss on it.

“Well, I’m not Justin.”

“Thank bloody god for that. I don’t think I’d be dating you if you wer…”

“Not what I meant, Addie.” A soft laugh left his lips as he turned to face her for a moment, only to turn back to face the road.

“I know, let me tease you wanker”

“Only if I can too.”

“You? Tease me? I don’t think you have it in you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yep, I’m un-teasable. I’m like a bloody rock. You can’t faze me, darling.”

“That’s not what you were saying last night when I brought my lips to your th-”

“HEY” Addie felt her cheeks reddening at the… well not so pg-13 route this conversation was going down. That is not the type of teasing she was talking about. He was totally cheating.

“You’re saying I’m wrong?”

“No…but that’s not relevant”

“Not relevant? So you wouldn’t want me to do it again when we get to the hotel roo-” as he started saying that, Addie found his hand moving to her thigh and if it was possible, the red in her cheeks darkened even more so.

“You, Mister, need to keep your hands to yourself and on the wheel and… I… I - I need to pee.”

"Thoughts so.

OH, THE IMMEDIACY OF THE SMIRK THAT MET HER BOYFRIEND’S LIPS AT THAT. Was she changing the conversation with that last sentiment? MAYBE. But did she need him to smirk at it? No, no it was totally unnecessary. Though whether her words were true or not, Addie found Leo pulling off the highway and soon, towards a gas station. When he stopped, Addie gave Leo no warning before wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him in for a kiss - one which, if the two weren’t currently in a car in a public location, probably would have led to… well… you know. Though, within a few seconds, she pulled away without warning and a similar smirk meeting her lips as she quickly muttered “byeeee” and made her grand escape. What? He deserved that after making her blush… though… honestly her exit would have been far cooler if she could remember how to open this bloody passenger door. Instead, she uttered her bye and found herself struggling with the bloody handle… which, of course, was followed by her boyfriend laughing. Again.

Great.

“OKAY You can stop laughing now love and help me? Please - I do actually have to bloody pee.” Addie sighed, to which she found him bringing his hand to her cheek to pull her back for a sweet kiss, before he pulled away and leaned over her side to click a button and open the door. Look - technology wasn’t her thing, they had been over this and Leo just had to go and get a new car that didn’t have easy regular door handles. Okay… yeah, him getting a new car was technically her fault too seeing as she crashed his last one… but that was irrelevant okay?

After using the loo, Addie found herself navigating towards the snacks as Leo filled the tank. At this point, she pretty much had her hands filled with every American candy that caught her intrigue which became only slightly problematic when her new mobile started ringing. It was something her brother had gifted her so that he could be in contact with her 24/7 - which, unsurprisingly happened after her accident. But honestly, she didn’t mind - Adelaide actually kind of liked the idea of being able to call someone from anywhere.

“Hello? Sh… hold up fck.” Addie sighed as one of her bags of chips fell out of her hands.

“Addie?”

You know how when one thing falls out of your hands and then you go to grab it and another thing dislodges and falls too? Yeah… that was happening and Addie was basically trying to prevent a catastrophe though when she heard the voice on the phone, she immediately dropped everything and placed her hand on the phone.

“Miranda? OH MY GOD MIRANDA. Did you land? How are you? Is anything wrong?”

“No no everything fine. I just got to the estate. Are you sure your boyfriend wouldn’t mind me staying here while I plan the party? I don’t want to be a hassle…”

“No trust me darling everything’s fine. Settle in, we’ll be there in a few days. Now… what do you need from me in the meanwhile?”

If only she hadn’t said those words: perhaps then, things wouldn’t have slowly unraveled over the next few days leading to… well… the fight. A fight that neither of them could exactly run away from seeing as they were stuck in a car. Though those words were, indeed, said… and nothing could stop what was to come over the next two days.

To be continued because I’m tired of writing for now

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

vc new 2

She was never one to give up easily, but sometimes she wasn’t really sure she wanted to win. Standing there, the old yet familiar proximity of his body to her own always had an effect on her, it was just human nature, might be messy but if there wasn’t something there to begin with, they wouldn’t have got where they are today. Tho, where the fck are they today? Know what, never mind.

”There’s way less fun in that” she replied with a smirk ”it’s the element of surprise, darling” she added and moved a bit as well, though remaining near the sink, leaning on it a bit as she moved her hair aside.
”Well a little hope never hurt, didn’t say it was realistic did I?” she added at his claim of her not knowing him at all, which they both know was complete bs, in a way they were somewhat similar in that aspect, there were many things about her that for some part of her life he was one of the only people who knew. And it goes both ways.

Veronica’s brows rose up a bit at the end of his speech, yeah she could totally understand all the parts about not belonging and hurting people, but then he ended it saying about how he felt like a piece of sht,

”No” she responded, not looking at him for a moment as she spoke, then turned her gaze back to look at him, pushing herself off the sink and walking up to him, her heels clicking against the floor as she walked, confidently as always. ”I don’t accept it, whether you like it or not I honestly just don’t care.” she started, crossing her arms at first before continuing ”Call me a piece of sht, call whoever you want however you want, but you don’t get to fcking talk like that about yourself. If you don’t want to feel like a piece of sht just. don’t. do it. nobody’s forcing you to believe in it, especially since it’s not true.” she added, pointing her finger into his chest, looking him in the eyes as she spoke.

”You might not be blood related, but Raph and Diego will never leave you. They love you and as much as you keep telling yourself it doesn’t matter it fcking does.” she added after a while, turning back to the family topic. She could understand what he felt about hurting his family, after all, she almost caused her own mother to od or have a miscarriage or who knows what could have happened, and it was her fault. Yeah it was blue royalty’s fault too, but she let it happen. And there was not a single moment when she didn’t hate herself for it. ”They’d NEVER get on a plane and leave you and everyone else that needs them just because of something you did.” she said, looking away for a moment ”and you’re fcking lucky for that so get your sht together and stop trying to throw away something good. Trust me, I’m the master of throwing away good things” she finished and turned away, taking a deep yet quiet breath at the whole mini interior breakdown she almost just had, she didn’t mean to open up at all but apparently it just happens sometimes I suppose.

”i’ll go… check on Diego” she added quietly and turned away, probably a good idea.

@benitz786 Yo
@Littlefeets and like talking bout Diego too

3 Likes

Learning to tie shoes - 2035

Sophie sat at the kitchen table, knees tucked in close, an expression on her face that conveyed a mixture of sadness, confusion, and embarrassment. “What’s wrong Sophie?” At the sound of her brother’s voice she looked up from her shoes to meet his eyes, but only for a moment. “Nothing…” It hadn’t been very long since she was adopted, but Dante already knew well enough to know that something wasn’t alright. “You can tell me, what’s up?” Though she didn’t respond, it was only a matter of moments before he came close to her, and saw her focus on the untied shoes she was wearing. “Is something wrong with your shoes, Soph?”

She shook her head slightly, technically nothing was wrong with her shoes. She loved her brand new shoes, but there was a problem. She grabbed one of the laces and looked at her brother with a frown. “I don’t know how…”

Sophie could see the surprise on Dante’s face when she admitted that she didn’t know how to tie her own shoes. He looked as confused as she had when she was trying to figure out how to actually tie them. “Nobody ever taught you?” Sophie shook her head in response. She’d never had shoes that actually had laces before.

“Well, let me fix that then.” He said, coming around beside her, and holding the laces of her shoe where she could see what he was doing. “Alright, here’s how dad taught me.” Sophie watched as he slowly walked her through each step, before turning to her with the words. “Do you want to try now, or want me to show you again?”

“Show me again, please.”

“Ok, but this time, you can help walk me through it.” Dante said, having her help tell him the steps he had just shown her as he tied the shoe for her, but this time once the shoe was tied, he untied them both. “Now you try.” For the first shoe, he walked her through the steps as she looked unsure, but the second one he let her do it entirely on her own. “I did it!”

“Yeah you did Sophie!” he said, giving her a high five.

Sophie smiled widely and hugged her older brother tightly. “Thank you for being my brother.”

“I couldn’t have asked for a better little sister. I’m just glad I was able to help.”

2 Likes

Tackling Take 3 - 2039

Note: Shay is 8, Zoe is 6, Aidan is 3, Babies are almost 1

Was Jessica having a staring contest with Zoe? Yes, yes she was. What? THIS KID KEPT MESSING UP WHAT SHE NEEDED TO DO. IT WASN’T THAT BLOODY HARD, ZOE. Honestly, It was quite simple - she had literally had to just tackle her dad. IT WAS NOT THAT DIFFICULT. All this kid had to do was run to her dad and push him. PUSH HIM. Trust Jess, her dad could handle some pushing - his ego was farrrrrr to high anyways.

“Say it one more time, Zoe,”

“I…pwomise I won’t hug…”

“Hug and what else?,”

“Oh oh right Mommy. I…pwomise I won’t hug OR kiss daddy before I tackle him.”

“Good. Daddy will be home in jussst a little bit… Shay, you got Ethan?”

“YEP Mommy. Me and Ethan will get Daddy’s right side,”

“And Aidan, what are you NOT going to do?”

“H…ho…hold dwaddy’s hand.”

“Good, you can hold his hand after you listen to mommy okay?”

“O…okay mwommy.”

Kissing her son’s chubby cheek, she looked at Zoe with a raised eyebrow. “Okay Zoe, you and Aidan are going to get daddy’s left side, remember?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Psst hold his hand Zoeeee,”

“Oh yeahhhhh.”

Jess smiled watching Shay guide her little sister so that she was holding Aidan’s little hand. With one last smile at the kids, Jess finally put her attention on Grayson who was cooing and bouncing in her hands - begging for attention the minute she begin training… just Zoe and Aidan. After all, Shay had this down from day 1 and Ethan and Grayson were just gonna follow sooooo… DOn"T mEsS thiS uP ZOE AND AIDAN. Hearing her husband’s car pull up, Jess picked Grayson up giving ONE LAST stare down to her middle daughter and son - ""Alright kids. Three…twooooo… NOW TACKLE " Watching as the door opened, Jess watched as Shay and Ethan slowly ran to their dad along with Zoe and Aidan who were ACTUALLY LISTENING.

Here was the problem though, Apparently Dorian was expecting this… to happen. Which… usually wouldn’t be an issue - but the minute he came in, Dorian had ICE CREAM in his hand and yelled “Stop right now and I’ll give everyone their favorite flavor of ice cream.”

OKAY, YOU’RE BRIBING THEM NOW? TOUCHÉ W^nker. The minute Zoe screamed “Iceeee creaaaaam” Jess knew it was over, and a sigh left her lips as the kids lined up for ice cream with their dad who had taken a seat on the floor to give them a kiss and whatever they wanted. After a second, Jess brought Grayson and took a seat next to him.

“And Grayson, do you want a little ice cream?”

Jess raised her eyebrow at the man ignoring her and going straight to Grayson.

“You blood arse” Jess sighed, seeing the man smile and finally give her attention - which resulted in a kiss. “You have to do better, Jess. I’m too good.”

“Just give me my bloody ice cream already, idiot”

@astxrism

2 Likes

How to Hack 101 - 2024

Did Daniel BLOODY Parker ever expect himself to be giving an intro class for hacking? Him? HIM? Daniel… the GENIUS? No. God no. A bloody intro class + Daniel wasn’t something that worked - not together. That’s exactly why Daniel had denied becoming a TA when he was in college - dealing with incompetent idiots wasn’t on his to-do list of things to fcking do. After all, Daniel ran a multi-trillion-dollar business and several other expenditures… yes surprisingly both “Dorian Sucks Island (DSI Island)” and “Malachi Azure Is an Arse (MAIA)” Island was actually bringing in a lot of money. That being said, people might wonder why he agreed to this particular job. Well…it’s irrelevant. Don’t question Daniel’s choices.

“Alright, Now what have we learned so far? What are the basics of hacking? I expect you both to get this right, got it? I don’t tolerate mistakes.”

“Um… fwirst we ac…acce…access vul…vulnerabilities daddy”

Daniel smiled looking at his little girl sitting at her computer set up as he taught her how to hack. Walking over to her, he placed a kiss on her cheek. “Good job sweetie, what else. You, go” Daniel stated, walking towards his other student. He stared into her eyes, not backing down as he waited for a response.

“We…Gather intell…intelligence about entry points and access…the system af…after exp…ploiting weak…nesses Uncle Dan”

“Good Job Laurel Danielle, I’m proud of you kid.” Daniel smiled, giving her a kiss on her forehead too. Sorry Jez, if you didn’t want your kid to learn from the master, don’t ask Dan to babysit.

Annnhwayyys. “Alright, now moving on to step two. Both of you two open up the hacking program I made. We’re going to learn how to script code.”

@Littlefeets - Laurel Danielle (3-4 years old)
@CerealKiller - VC (2-3 years old)

1 Like

The Song Writing Process - 2027

With a guitar in hand, Jordan had a grin on his features as he looked at his daughter. “You ready to help me, Annie? I can’t do this without you.”

The little girl had a shy expression on her face as she sat across from him on the studio couch. Sadie and Jordan had adopted the little girl a few months ago and it was clear she was still getting used to both of them… which is exactly why Jordan thought he needed some quality daddy/daughter bonding time… though… he hadn’t exactly told her what he needed before bringing her to the studio. Just that he needed her help and the simple ask of if she’d help him out for today. “You said you like Disney movies, right? So some people told me I have to write a song for one of the new movies and I don’t think I can do it without you. Can you help me write it?”

Jordan waited for a soft, though hesitant okay to leave her lips before he started telling her the storyline of the movie - Moana. “The movie is about this adventurous girl, just like you. On her mission to save her family, she meets this veerrryyy selfish demigod who’s help she wants but he is wayyyy too in his head. So the song is from the demigod talking to the girl okay?”

“…okay…”

Maybe Jordan was being a little confusing, but he knew the two of them would have fun soon enough. “Okay so… hmm… if you were this demigod and you were talking to this girl. What would you say to show that you were… a little selfish? Imagine she just saved you and you were responding to her.”

“Maybe…maybe You’re welcome? Because… he thinks he’s… good? I don’t… know.”

“You’re welcome… I like that.”

2 hours later

“Woah Annie we just wrote a whole song and it was all thanks to you. Ready to sing it with me from the beginning?”

Over the past few hours, Annie had clearly gotten more comfortable with the concept - to the point where the two were even debating (playfully) what the demigod would say - but, of course, Jordan ended up going with what Annie said. Waiting a mere second, Jordan started strumming his guitar before singing the song she just helped him write.

And well… let’s just say that song was a hit. And perhaps, Annie even has a small appearance as Moana in her younger years in the movie too.

@novella

2 Likes

If you asked Ricky if he was happy to get away from this fck sh!t town five minutes ago, the answer was hell fcking yea. If you asked him right now? Well, sadly his response would be very different. What was the reason for this drastic change? Well, the person sitting a few feet away from him was an easy answer. Honestly, the funny part was Enrique actually was looking forward to this. He needed this… needed it after all the sht he had been going through in his life. He needed to escape the suffocating text messages from his so-called family - mostly Diego which made it even more annoying because that idiot couldn’t get the message. At least Ralph stopped. Not to mention, this trip allowed him to escape his roommate… aka Logan who was recently getting on his last nerve with the subtle questions about why he was treating his siblings like he was. Well, hello Logan, they weren’t his siblings and they didn’t have to deal with his sht anymore. She technically didn’t have to deal with it either, but clearly, she wasn’t going to leave anytime soon so here he fcking was: on a trip with Annie… and her sister… and his fcking ex-brother.

Great.

Just fcking great.

Did he try to leave? No sht he tried to leave - but nooo, apparently they had already closed the doors and the gate was being pushed back meaning he found himself right back next to Annie who asked if it went well. “Ha ha. Very funny. Ever consider going into comedy? I think you’d just be fcking great at it.” . Okay… maybe there was some frustration there… less with the girl he was sitting next to and more so towards Raphael Montoya.

Honestly, he wasn’t going to say anything. He had absolutely no fcking intention of saying a word for the next 10 hours… yep… 10 hours according to Paige. That was, of course, until he heard a scoff from his… sorry not his brother. “You think you could get away from this stupid city without a Montoya following you around, but clearly you’re like a fcking tick I just can’t get rid of.” He mumbled, his eyes meeting Ralphs’s as the words escaped his lips.

@CerealKiller
@novella

3 Likes

imagez

“You know there’s actually really high crime rates in England?”

Paige couldn’t help the scoff that left her lips at the words… and the subsequent semblance of a sentence that Annie was getting out. Was she really trying to diffuse the tension? Seriously? Come on, it was almost like the girl didn’t want to enjoy the free in-flight entertainment. Did Annie even know how bloody long they were going to be up here? Trust Paige, this was a good thing. This, of course, being two Montoya brothers who despised each other being in close proximity.

Though, as Annie’s words dissipated - no other’s took its place - leaving what could only be considered as the most fcking painful silence any person had ever heard. “Ten on a good day, love. We’ll be up here a while.” Paige said bored out of her fcking mind already. Well… was bored… that was until she heard Annie’s little plaything say something that… could provide some entertainment. Buckling in, Paige found her eyes lingering on Enrique for a mere second, before moving towards Annie - a statement within her features that this would be interesting.

With that, Paige looked towards Ralph who was sitting on her left… yep… entertainment for hours, obviously.

Time Skip - 3 hours later

Well, Paige Pierce wasn’t wrong - the flight itself had been… interesting, to say the least. The two Montoyas had been going at it for a few hours, stopping to drink, stop talking to one another, only to go at it again. Currently, the two were in their off period sitting on opposite ends of the plane which gave Paige ample space to walk towards Annie and take the seat next to her - two glasses of wine in hand. The two girls hadn’t exactly talked much for the past few hours - let’s just say, Paige was a little engaged in the Montoya commentary and… busy getting tipsy and Annie seemed to be in her own world. “So darling, guess we haven’t actually talked about all of this twin shit yet, so we might as well get it out of the way before meeting our dear mother.”

Did Paige say tipsy? Okay, perhaps it was more towards the Tipsy → Drunk area since normal her would never be willing to have this conversation. “You know, it’s actually bloody funny. I was so fcking p!ssed growing up. Like, Anna and Jess were twins, William and Emmy were twins, and there was fcking me. All fcking alone, like it’s always been. Seemed a little unfair if you ask me, but I don’t think you can exactly call all this sht fair. So do tell, how the fck are you feeling about all of this?”

@novella @CerealKiller - maybe a 2-3 post convo before meeting Anna

3 Likes

“That means the world, really,” Annie gratefully told a frustrated Ricky with her hand on her heart, “Don’t worry, I’ll be here all week,” She declared. Which, she quickly corrected after Paige’s confirmation of how long this journey will be. “… Or at least for the next ten hours,” She told him, not being able to hold in a grimace upon saying out loud the time frame. And another grimace when she realised that also meant: “And the other ten on the way back,” Her glaze shifted between the three sat around her, at the seemingly-unresolvable feud between the brothers and the questionable relationship the sisters had. Last time she checked, Paige hated her. But it had been a while since she last checked.

The Montoya battle was interesting for the first… half an hour, but after a now-bored Annie attempted to finally suppress the tension led to a still-entertained Paige suppressing that attempt, Annie had soon broken away from the group to interchange between sitting and sleeping in a seat on her own. Which, in the following three hours, meant the occasional walk past from Ricky coming out of, or going back into, a dispute with his brother. Or ‘brother’. Maybe on a normal day she would be the ring girl for such arguments, but in the last week Annie had enough family drama to last a lifetime, she didn’t feel right sitting and watching another one take place, and she knew she was in no place to be solving it, either.

That was when a female, more Paige-looking person walked past her, and sat, starting to talk to her. Annie’s sober state immediately identified Paige’s lack of one as she began to break down her family. Well. Their family? Whatever, as she listened to Paige she realised how much she recognised her feelings. “Justin and Kyra were blood, and then there was me,” Annie initially answered, quietly. There was something about Paige now that made her feel like she had to be careful with what she said. Before, it didn’t matter if her bold statements and opinions made them clash even more because who was she to her? But now she was family. Annie hadn’t had much luck with that, and to clash further with her would be throwing that away. She didn’t want to be good at throwing away people anymore.

It was probably stupid for Annie to have hope in someone who knew about their existence for 18 years and never said anything. Which is why she answered, “I am feeling like Anna Pierce better have some amazing explanation for all of this. But can’t be too surprised, I obviously came from somewhere, I didn’t just show up at 12 years old, just didn’t think that answer was sat in class literally right in front of me for the last year at Cerulean,” Annie gestured towards her, if it wasn’t already obvious Paige was who she meant at that last part. But what she really felt was that back at home she had a father who had forgotten her entire existence, unbeknownst to everyone else on the plane. Annie had fvcked up with one family, could this be a chance to not fvck up?

“So you… knew Anna as your sister?” Annie asked Paige with uncertainty, with caution in the fact that it could set off a drunkened rant. Nothing Annie hasn’t done before.

@benitz786 Paige Pierce, Enrique Montoya
@CerealKiller Raphael Montoya

1 Like

imagez

A sad laugh escaped Paige’s lips as she took another long drink - after all, that’s all she knew how to do wasn’t it? Drink her sorrows? Right… “At least your siblings wanted you, darling. My siblings tolerated me, or that’s how it fcking felt every single fcking day of my existence.” That much was honestly… true. Despite the fact that Will and Emmy only had 5 years on her, those years felt like a lifetime… especially when both her siblings were far ahead of their peers. After all, for fcks sake Will skipped like 4 grades - and left… her. Emmy was there but dealing with her own sht, and Paige’s relationship with Will was always stronger. Suffice it to say, it fcking hurt when he skipped her nationals competition… though even talking about competition felt like a lifetime ago.

Now let’s talk about Anna and Jess. Honestly, Anna was barely in the picture when Paige was growing up. Anna was simply the one who looked like Jess, who Paige saw every now and again at Christmas or some royal function she was supposed to be at. Sure, there were cordial with each other. But, there was always a distance between them. Growing up, Paige just wrote that off to their age difference - after all, Anna was starting a family. Having another little sibling in the mess of all of that was annoying - even Paige could agree to that. But now, well, clearly that distance had more reason than one. Jess, however, was there. There was always something about her - if anything, Jessica acted as more of a mother figure than Anna ever did. So here’s the fcking question then - why did they screw over Paige the way they did? For a little girl who felt alone her entire life, a twin… would have fcking helped with that. So how come the two of them grew up on opposite sides of the world until now? Until coincidence brought Paige to Beryl to yell at her idiotic “brother” William.

Paige found herself lost in her thoughts about all of… her messed up family tree until, of course, she heard her sibling talking again. “Anna Pierce is a politician at heart, love. If we want answers, we have to ask the right questions - trust me on that. I’ve spent enough time growing up with the fcking liar to know that much. So, what the bloody hell are you going to ask, darling?”

There was genuine curiosity at that statement - though, honestly, Paige didn’t exactly know what she wanted to ask. Paige knew she wanted to yell… scream at the woman who she considered her sister for so long. But ask? “In a way, I guess you might say that. But she was an absentee sister at best. Makes sense, I guess. Maybe she had some sort of moral conscious and didn’t want to see what a shtty daughter she had created.”

@novella

1 Like

As much as it was always questionable to Annie the extent to which her siblings actually did want her in the way Paige said they did, she knew it wasn’t time to comment and bring up her own problems at this time. “If it means anything at all I’m not sat here listening to you just because I tolerate you,” Annie replied. Is that something that would help in this situation? She had no idea, she had no idea what the right thing to say in these situations were. Sarcastic and/or argumentative were really her specialty. And while they were frequently used on Paige in the past, as much as Paige used them on her, this was definitely not the time to be doing that.

Mason Mitchell then crossed her mind. The guy that she had barely interacted with but seemed overly concerned about her and Paige’s plans to break into Jordan’s house. Which, in retrospect, she probably should have listened to. But what she was focusing on was that at that time, Annie had overheard a conversation revealing that they were siblings. “So who actually is Mason?” It probably wasn’t wise to keep pressing about her family right now, but intrigue overshadowed suitability for Annie. “A sibling? Cousin? … Insert other family relation?” She asked.

Then Paige went onto explain who Anna Pierce actually was, what she was like. From her answer she could infer that Anna wasn’t going to give the answers that she wanted - if any answer at all. “I can’t say I have it planned out yet,” Annie told her quietly, realising her idea to walk in there and miraculously find the words to say - as she usually did - may not be the right way to go. Maybe there was nothing she could really say, nothing could take back 18 years of leaving them.

“Then won’t she be glad to see she created two of them,” Annie said in a half-hearted tone regarding Anna creating a sh!tty daughter in Paige. If Paige was sh!tty then what did that make Annie, who had just hit her father’s house with a car - one of many stupid, sh!tty-daughter-esque things she has done in the past. “So is there any chance you know anything about her sex life from… I don’t know-” Annie looked down at the watch she wasn’t wearing- “18 years ago?”

@benitz786 Paige Pierce

1 Like

July 2038 — Sophomore Summer

Alison Foley continuously had a revolving door of guys, and had dated a range of people. While most were harmless, some doctors, teachers, dancers. But this one in particular seemed to bring a significantly negative effect onto the household. A drug dealer, who Alison had been dating for almost three months now - both benefitting in the way that Alison developed an addiction and the dealer had a regular customer. Lenora Foley had particularly kept her distance from the pair, that had practically inhabited their living room, which was easy with the company of her boyfriend, Enrique Montoya, who helped her escape from everything.

The drug dealer was violent, they knew that. But that didn’t mean Lenora had expected to find him with his hands around Alison’s neck against the wall of the living room, that in which the floor had been covered in shattered glasses, when she came home. “So are you both in on this? This some kind of undercover sh!t?!” He asked Alison as he gestured towards Lenora, who was already advancing across the room to pull him off. “What? In on what?” She said through heavy breaths. While her attempt managed to get him away from her mother, it also resulted in her being pushed to the floor by him, her hands breaking her fall but also landing on a shard of glass.

She didn’t get to pay too much time to her hand before he stood upright between the confused mother and daughter to expand. “Do you think I’m stupid? That I wouldn’t find out that the son of a police officer has been in and out of this place?” Lenora’s stomach dropped. Officer Montoya. Ricky. “He’s not–” She could hear her mother try to explain. “Either get rid of him yourself, or I’ll find someone else to do it our way,” He said, in a way that made it seem that maybe it was preferable for Lenora to be getting him away than one of his people. Lenora looked to her mother with pleading eyes. She waited, she hoped, for an indication that she was going to break up with him and kick him out right away at the threat. For her to get him out of the house, to sacrifice a relationship with an abusive drug dealer for Lenora’s relationship with her first love.

But instead came a nod. Folded arms, and a fearful - but agreeing - nod. Now both adults in the room were stood expectantly waiting for a response from Lenora. Waiting for compliance. “Okay,” She looked down to the ground, realising what she was losing with that single word. Then she looked down at her hand that had been deeply cut from the shard. Lenora looked back up to make sure the conversation was ending with her last word, before turning away to leave. “If I see him in here again I’m doing it my way,” He shouted to the back of her to make her jump one last time.

Leaving the apartment, Lenora couldn’t go to the hospital with no money for the bills. She couldn’t go to Ricky because the last thing she could do is risk him telling his Officer of a father about it. She couldn’t go to Zek or JP as they will ask too many questions about it. “Call me, if you ever need anything,” Elio Esposito had told her when they had met weeks earlier in the mall, after Lenora was almost caught shoplifting. Maybe he could be someone to help her and not ask questions. Or maybe he seemed like the only right choice in this moment. Whatever it was, his house was where Lenora was when she didn’t come back to the apartment that night.

With a bandaged hand and a mindset to somehow get Ricky away, Lenora came back home to the apartment, with the same shattered glass that had resided there the day before. Though it wasn’t long before a knock at the door stole her attention, and she opened to see the person she had been avoiding for the past few days. Becoming hyperaware that Ricky’s targeter was in the room next to them, Lenora quickly pushed him forward- and away from the apartment, shutting the door. “Ricky, hey, hi, how are you?” Lenora asked in a rush, looking up at him and realising how much she had missed him in the longest 24 hours ever, and realising how much she will have to miss him now and for however long she needs him to stay away.

@benitz786 Enrique Montoya

1 Like

A late response to this post

𝄞 Alien - Sabrina Carpenter

Sadie couldn’t pinpoint the exact moment she started liking Jordan as more than a friend. Whether it have been when they danced at the camping site, he showed up to her house on her birthday - or dare she say the day they met after he had gotten into a fight. But crushing on people was never something Sadie would find the nerve to act on. And Jordan Williams was no exception, in fact it even emphasised her rule. Jordan was the unattainable kind and amazing and famous singer who obviously every other girl would have their eyes on. And even if he didn’t reciprocate one of those many, she knew from their few months of being friends that he had a long history with Jezebel Sloane that she knew was safe to assume wasn’t still in the past.

𝄞 This feeling’s so alien, need to know if you’re just a friend

But then it seemed that after the hospitalising incident with the gang leader, the moment that almost killed her, something shifted. Through the most traumatic time of her life, Jordan was with her through all of it. And maybe… he was there for her as more than a friend? As friends who kiss. As friends who have date-esque moments even in the hospital. Because them being considered more than friends was most likely just her looking too far into it. Right? Yes that was definitely probably the case, let’s be real here.

It took several weeks of IV drips and stitches before Sadie was finally discharged from the hospital, with the support of crutches. What she was just in time for was the royal wedding of Malachi Azure and a Princess. Of somewhere. While Sadie would not usually attend, mainly due to the fact that she was not necessarily friends with either half of the couple, however the circumstances appeared to be different when Jordan asked her to be her date. But, here’s the thing. What if Jordan was just, like, feeling bad for the fact that she was in the hospital? What if that was all it was? Was it a pity-date? Well, now that Sadie was out the hospital, and so with nothing to possibly be feeling sorry for, she would finally confront her doubts.

𝄞 Oh, let me discover, all of your colours, if you love me let me know,

So here Sadie was, stood at his doorstep. She timed it perfectly, to be several days before the wedding, meaning he still had time to ask whoever he actually wanted to be his date. “Hi Jordan,” She smiled instinctively as he answered the door. But no, focus. “Okay so. I came here because I needed to say…” She hesitated as Sadie realised that it may confirm her overthinking, and she may hear something she didn’t want to. “I just wanted to say that if you- if we’re… if we’re like this, like going on dates- or at least as a date to this wedding- if it’s because you feel bad and it was because I was in the hospital, I understand, I get it, and you can say it is, that’s fine, please just say,” Sadie closed her eyes as if it would make a bad answer go away. Then she looked down for a moment. Looking very much. Not. At. Him. For this moment. “Because I kind of like you, a lot, like actually, and if it’s not the same way that’s fine but I can’t do some pit-” What interrupted her was his lips against hers. And what came after that was his words, that confirmed, perhaps, that she had been very wrongfully overthinking.

@benitz786 Jordan Williams

1 Like

Malachi Azure

A late night talk - 2032

Kai turned at the sound of footsteps behind him. He didn’t know how long he had been out on the balcony, but it must have been long enough for her to realize he was gone. “Are you okay?” she questioned as she stood at the edge of the doorway, just where he could see her. “I’m fine. I just couldn’t sleep. ” He knew she could see there was more to it, but he didn’t want any more pressure on her than there already was. She knew there would be a reason for him being awake, there always was. The only question was what that reason was this time.

Sleep didn’t come easy to Kai, and when he was alone it was always worse, but even when he slept it wasn’t always restful. Skye could often put his mind at ease, help him rest, but some nights not even having her in his arms was enough to help. He only had a couple of options, lay there and try to fall asleep without disturbing her, or sneak away for some fresh air and hope she wouldn’t notice.

“We both know that’s not true. Please, come back inside.” Skye added, holding her hand out for him to take, and he hesitated just for a moment before stepping inside, grabbing her hand and closing the door behind him. She brought him back over towards the bed, and that’s when he softly kissed the top of her head and lightly laid his hand against her stomach. “I don’t want you worrying about me.”

“I care about you, so I will. So you might as well just talk to me.” It didn’t matter what he said, she dug her heels in on the matter. Even with someone he loved, Kai didn’t like opening up to people. His thoughts usually remained in his mind, especially his worries and self doubt.

It took her time to get to what was really on his mind. Though it wasn’t as simple as what woke him up, it was what was keeping him up. Kai didn’t want to talk about it, or really even think consciously about it. He was scared, worried about the future, both with Skye and their child, and even for himself. He felt as though his hands were tied, and he didn’t know how that would change things for after the baby was born. A part of him was scared that he wouldn’t be able to do all that he wanted to be able to for the baby.

“I’m scared too, Kai. I don’t know how to be a parent. I haven’t exactly had an example to look to, but all we can do is try.”

“I feel like I don’t have control over anything. Everything’s out of my control… I can’t do the things I want, be who I want, my life isn’t mine and I don’t know what to do. How am I supposed to do this when everything is out of my control?”

“There’s a lot out of your control, Kai. She who should not be named certainly makes sure of that, but not everything is out of your control.” Skye said, softly bringing her hand to Kai’s cheek. “You control who matters to you. You decide who you love. You get to be you when we’re together. I know the Kai Azure that’s laying here next to me, the man who our daughter is going to look up to and know will always love her and idolize her as much as she’s going to idolize him. There may not be much you can do outside of this room, but you are always going to be able to be you, with us.” She was right, with her, he was in complete control of who he was. It was like a private world between the two of them.

“You’re right, but I still don’t know how to make it all work.”

“We will figure it out as we go. You can’t solve the world’s problems in one night. And solving your own takes just as long. But there are some things we can figure out.”

“Like what?” Kai questioned, able to tell by the look on her face that she had something specific in mind.

“We’re going to need a name for her pretty soon.”

“What names did you have in mind?”

“I like the name Scarlet.” Skye paused for a moment, as if she was waiting to see if there was a reaction from Kai while he thought about the name, before continuing. “But I like it spelled with only one ‘t’, like the color.”

“Why Scarlet?” Kai wanted Skye to be happy, but he just wasn’t sure about the name, especially being spelled like the color instead of a more expected spelling of the name. He just had a list of names he liked better. “There are other names that are also colors too, if that’s what you really want. Like Amber, or Violet.”

“But I still like the name Scarlet for her.” There was a look of certainty on her face that Kai couldn’t deny. He just couldn’t get past his uncertainty about the name. It simply didn’t seem right in his mind. “Maybe we need to think about that one for a while.”

Round and round they went discussing names, even settling on a middle name, but they couldn’t find a first name they both thought was right. There were names Kai suggested that Skye thought were nice options, but she was set on the name, Scarlet. While Kai, he didn’t come around to the name until the day she was born. Scarlet deserved to have the name her mother wanted for her, and Skye deserved to have named her daughter, even if she would never get to meet her.

1 Like

Did a 16-year-old really know what love was? Well, most people would say no. Or, at least that any teenager who believed in love just hadn’t gotten out of the honeymoon phase of their high school romance. Well, to that, Enrique Montoya would like to tell everyone that they’re wrong. Maybe it was young love, but that was just it - it was, love. Ever since Enrique had met Lenora, he had fallen for her.

He could still recall this insatiable need to impress her in chemistry class… which okay, ended up slightly in disaster because chemistry was totally not Ricky’s thing. All young Ricky knew was that he had this need to ask her out which he only did with the encouragement of his brothers. What? Young Ricky wasn’t the man most people have come to know in 2040. But, thankfully, she said yes, and ever since that moment, he had fallen hard and fallen fast. One could say, Lenora Foley was Enrique’s first… everything. First love, the first person he had put his trust into that wasn’t his family, and… something that Ricky wouldn’t find out until later, but the first person that would shatter that trust into a million pieces.

That being said, ricky had taken notes from his father who deemed himself the romance king especially when it came to his mother (which was totally embarrassing, but it was cute… don’t tell anyone ricky said that). So yes, he bought Lenora flowers every other day, took her out to do whatever she wanted, and brought her on family vacations. What could he say - Enrique Montoya was truly a boy in love. He would have done anything for her…

Suffice to say, that’s exactly why it hurt seeing the text he had been staring at for the past… 5 hours. The problem? Well, he had gotten that text at 11 in the evening and hadn’t seen it till this morning. And, well, one could only imagine what this meant…

Alongside the text was a picture of his girlfriend walking into Elio’s house, which was odd because, from his recollection, Lenora didn’t talk to Elio. She didn’t even really know Elio… so why the hell did she go to his house at night? He couldn’t help but wonder if this was why she had been acting weird for the past few days… telling him she was busy every day after school. Barely talking to him… canceling their date yesterday. Yep… yesterday when she ended up at Elio’s place and she had told him she had a big test on Monday and needed to study - which was odd in it’s own right because when Rick offered to bring some study snacks and do a study date, she just didn’t respond.

“Look… I don’t want to be Mr. Pessimistic or anything. But have you… considered the obvious? That she might be cheating? Don’t get me wrong, I love Lenora and there’s a whole list of other sht she could have been doing at Elio’s but…”

“I don’t think she’d cheat. Maybe she just needed to get homework or something. Or maybe she was studying with him?”

So yeah… of course Ricky told his brothers. It seemed like the best idea at the time - and what else was he supposed to do when LENORA WOULDN’T ANSWER HIS TEXTS AND HE WAS SLIGHTLY PANICKING BUT TRYING TO REMAIN CALM.

“They don’t have the same classes, Deigo. And she needed that at almost midnight?” Ricky sighed, looking at the text again. He could see that there was a bag in Leonora’s hand - something he had considered her overnight bag since she usually brought it when he was taking her out on a weekend getaway with his family.

“Crazy thought… why don’t you just go ask her in person?”

“Crazy thought… what if I find out something that I don’t… want to know”

“Come on Ricky, there’s only one way to find out. Go talk to her.”

Well… talk… yeah… that’s what he was going to do. But… well… Ricky couldn’t help his mind going to… the worst-case scenario. Questions kept roaming his mind as he drove to her house… what if she did… cheat. Why wasn’t she responding to his texts… like honestly, it had been over a day since she last said anything… well technically since she last canceled their date over text and she hadn’t even picked up his calls. What the hell was going on? And… how the hell would he even react to whatever information she told him?

Well, maybe they’d all find out in a second. Pulling up to her apartment, Ricky took a deep breath before walking up the small staircase that led up to her place. He found his heart beating out of his chest as he worked up the courage to knock on the door, but when he did - he found his heart dropping when he found Lenora pushing him from the door the instant it opened.

There was something in the way she instantly moved him away from the door, and he found his eyes flickering as she shut the door in front of him, only to ask how he was. Well, Lenora - worried, aggravated, scared out of his goddamn mind. Take your damn pick about what he was feeling. Instead of answering, he found himself staring at the closed door - his mind filling in the pieces to reveal that there was clearly someone in there she didn’t want him to see. And, well, there was only one person that fit that criteria; Elio. So, she was cheating on him.

He was hurt - that much could be seen on his face. At that moment, Enrique truly felt like everything was falling apart and the only words he could get out in that moment were “Why?” A soft crack in his voice clarified anything that couldn’t already be seen on his face. “Are you… cheating on me?” Maybe a small part of him still hoped… wondered if he was wrong.

@novella
@Littlefeets @CerealKiller bros mentioned

2 Likes

Room Tour - Aria is 3

Wooowza. Yesterday was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnng day. Like the longest of long days. Like like like Aria not only met her father for the first time in a preeeety dress at a cinderella ball… she also lost her father… cried allllll day on the plane because her mom was being mean :triumph: … and then found her father again because he was at HER home. LIKE HE WAS RIGHT HERE, STANDING IN FRONT OF HER. Well technically sitting because Aria woke up from her sleep and heard her mommy talking to someone and when she came out of her room rubbing her tired eyes she found her dad sitting on HER couch. LIKE WOW HE WAS HERE IN PERSON. She had to rub her eyes a few more times to make sure she was seeing right but that was him for sure.

There was a giddy expression on her lips as she squealed - ignoring what they were talking about to jump on her daddy’s lap and give him a biggggg hug. “Daddy daddy daddy you’re here. You didn’t le…leave me.”

She felt her dad wrap his arms around her and felt a kiss on her forehead.
“Of course I didn’t, princess,”

Okay so she was like totally excited. Like how mommy gets excited going to McDonald’s, Aria was a million times more excited. Pulling her head away from her dad’s arms, she looked up at the man’s blue eyes. HE HAD BLUE EYES LIKE HER. Did you see? Did you?

“Um…um… C…can I show you my room?”

She saw her daddy smile at her before looking towards her mom “As long as it’s alright with your mom, I’d love to see it”

“We’ll finish this conversation later.”

And with that, Aria jumped off the couch and pulled him towards her bedroom. Her mommy and her had decorated her room like a princess’ room because when Aria turned three she looooooooveeed princess stories. Well, okay she still loved princess stories. Her bed was under a castle, and she had a teaparty set, and and she had a little fort that was Mulan themed, and her bathroom was Ariel and under the water themed. IT WAS PERFECT.

“Th…this is my bed and I sleep here eeveeery night except for the nights I sleep in mommy’s room because I want to hug her. And and you can walk up here on the castle and mommy and me and my friends play princesses look.” Aria said with excitement, running to her castle and climbing it so that she could show him. “And and and then I can come down the slide daddy look,” and with those words she slid down and met her dad at the bottom before taking his hand and bringing him to her tea set. “Mommy and me and tea here everyyyy morning but I don’t like tea so she gives me chocolate milk,” And as soon as those words left her mouth, she was already leading her father to her bathroom. The entire room was decorated like so that she could pretend and be a mermaid like Ariel - meaning her bathtub was a pirate ship, and her mat and shower curtain were Ariel swimming and and and in the corner, she had a little island to dry off in and it was Moana themed. “Mommy gives me a bath here eveeerryyy night do you like it?”

“OHHH AND OVER HERE…” within an instant, Aria was already dragging her dad back to her room to another corner. To everyone else it seemed like a normal wall, but Aria knew the secret. Pressing down on the wall, the door opened up to secret room with alllllll her books in it. It was her Belle library and mommy picked a book every night to read. “This one’s my favorite book, and this one’s my second favorite and here’s my other favorite, and this one’s my fourth and then my…”

Yes… that went on for a while, and after all of it, Aria found herself tired once again. Settled into her bed, she found her dad sitting next to her with her 18th favorite booking hand, reading it until her eyes felt heavy. Yep, Aria was a princess… one that had both her parents now.

@Littlefeets

1 Like

November 2036 — Freshman Chemistry Class

“Do you have a spare pen I could borrow?” Lenora asked the guy who sat behind her, after hiding her own perfectly fine pen in her pocket. Somehow it had taken her the last few weeks to decide on that as the method of approaching him for the first time, when she decided that pretending to check the time in order to look in his direction for a fleeting moment was not enough anymore.

It had only been the first few months of high school, and while Lenora was still unacquainted with most of the place, one thing she had grown familiar with was the feeling of excitement and giddiness when entering her chemistry class. That was because she knew it was another opportunity to get the attention of the cute boy she had developed a… likely-unrequited… crush on. While for almost two months Lenora had missed those opportunities, a random Wednesday in November was the day she decided to change that. Or at least try to.

As requested, a spare pen was handed to her by him, one with a planet on the end. “Cool pen,” She said as she took it and that was that. Lenora hadn’t planned any further than that, and so she had no choice but to turn back around. ‘Cool pen’? That was it? What a conversationalist, Lenora. ‘What’s your favourite planet?’ would have opened up a great discussion that would only rightfully end with ‘Let’s look at the stars together’. But, no. Upon trying to make friends in her first few weeks at Cerulean High, Lenora had become quite good at making conversation - and yet right here and now in front of him somehow she had become lost for words. This was different, though, this wasn’t making conversation with a friend this was making conversation with Cute Chemistry Guy. And she had just failed.

Chemistry usually came effortlessly to Lenora, but the first half of the lesson today had gone relatively slowly as she had been distracted by her frustration. That was until she finally looked up from her desk when the teacher said: “Okay, everyone, get into pairs for this next part,” Aha! Did the universe take pity on her sad efforts at approaching? “Hi,” She had turned around to him before her mind could catch up to impose doubt. “We should be pairs so I can give you back your pen at the end,” Lenora declared with enough confidence that the non-sensical almost made sense, her gaze staying on him in hopes he agreed. Somehow he didn’t question this, and Lenora turned her chair around to be sat facing him.

“I put the Law of Conservation Matter which is that there is no detectable change in the total quantity of matter present when matter converts from one type to another,” Lenora was reading a fourth answer to the questions that had been put on the board, focusing on the work to distract from the fact that she was actually sitting opposite him, where he could very much see her right now, and if she looked up from her book she would be able to see him too. “Or changes among solid, liquid or–” “What’s that?”

That was when Lenora finally looked up, and actually at him to see what he was referring to. “What?” She asked after her glance gave no answer to that. He gestured his pen, planet-themed like hers, towards her eyebrow. No. Above her eyebrow, at the now-healing cut that ran across half her left eyebrow. That would be the first time someone had asked her about it - mostly because she had covered it with a plaster or foundation, though also because her friendship group consisted of high-class girls who were more concerned with makeup and boys and clothes than each other. The point being, she hadn’t ever rehearsed an answer to where she got it from.

“Oh, I just- it’s nothing- I just bumped into the door,” Lenora explained, which wasn’t completely a lie. It was a door, that had been attempted to be slammed shut by her drunken mother who didn’t realise she was stood at the doorway to help her up to her bedroom. She had been in a day-drinking cycle with her at-the-time boyfriend, yet was continuously left to her own devices to get home. While she had profusely apologised to Lenora when she was sober, it failed to break her routine. “It looks like it hurt,” He told her with sympathy. It did. “It doesn’t anymore,” She brushed off, though holding onto the genuine concern that he had given her.

“Why are your pens so weird, Ricky?” A degrading tone of voice interrupted the indescribable ambiance that had come with the question of her injury. The owner of that voice being a fellow - or not-so-fellow - freshman who was laughing and picking up his pencil case full of the planet-themed pans. Lenora sat up, her brows furrowed, as a feeling of defensiveness loomed over her. “Only boring people have boring pens, Dylan,” She told him with her arms folded. “And no pen in the word will overcome your incapability to even spell ‘weird’.” As far as freshman insults go, this one proved to be effective as Dylan quickly sat back in his chair across the room.

“I’m Ricky, by the way,” He told her at the end of the lesson, as Lenora was turning her chair back around. “I know,” She said, to which she immediately shut her eyes because THAT’S NOT WHAT YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO SAY, “I mean because Dylan said it ear-- I’m Lenora,” She said, giving up on explaining. “I know,” He replied with a slight laugh - to which she couldn’t tell if he was saying it just to make her feel better, or he actually did know. Either way, a smile crossed Lenora’s face in response. “And thank you, for earlier with Dylan,” He said, in reference to her minor outburst to him. “It’s okay,” She replied shortly - because it was. For some reason, the need to protect Ricky had come instinctively.

“See you around, Lenora,” Ricky said to her, which Lenora had to wait for him to turn away before she could let out the wave of excitement that those words had brought her.

Those feelings for Ricky that Lenora had as a freshman only grew as she did. It even had turned out that they weren’t unrequited. And it soon enough it wasn’t just a crush: he was her best friend, her love, her support when she eventually told more truth regarding her mother. Looking at him now as they stood in the hallway of her apartment, nothing for her had changed. But that included her need to protect him. And she needed to do that now, no matter what the painful costs were.

But Lenora hadn’t even done it yet. So to see Ricky already hurt and frustrated confused her slightly. What was he thinking right now? “You… I can’t- we can’t go in,” Lenora said quietly when he asked why she shut the door, looking down to resist the urge to blurt out that there’s someone in there that wants him dead for his relation to an Officer. “I can explain,” She said, barely-audible because… she actually can’t explain, really. But she had to say something. It was to either say something or cry right there.

That’s when Ricky asked if she’s cheating on him. Her risk of breaking down was disrupted by the absurdness of that question. Of course she hasn’t cheated. There is no one else in this world she would even consider in that way after seeing Ricky. It was him on the first day of freshman year, and it has been only him ever since. He thinks she cheated? Oh my god, he thinks she cheated. Which makes the closed door of the apartment look pretty confirming of that theory for him. “What? That’s not who’s–” in there. Then who is? How could she explain this? Lenora leaned back on her apartment door as she came to a realisation.

“Either get rid of him yourself, or I’ll find someone else to do it our way,”

She couldn’t explain it. She can’t explain it. Ricky thinks she cheated, and the only way Lenora can protect him is to keep him away. The only way to protect him is to allow him to think that. “I’m sorry,” Was all she could say. For Lenora, it was an apology for needing to cut him off, an apology for losing him, for not finding another way. For Ricky, it was a statement of admission.

@benitz786 Enrique Montoya

2 Likes

November 2036 - Freshman Chemistry Class

Okay, 100% this teacher was speaking nonsense. It had to be freaking nonsense because it didn’t… well… make sense. Fckkk… god, Ricky hated Chemistry. It was times like these - where he was staring at the board not having any idea what was happening when he really missed the summer when he didn’t have to think of this… stupid stuff, though on that note, thank god for Thanksgiving break and Christmas vacation - at least he could get away from all of this. But honestly, when in his fcking life would he EVER have to know about hydrogen bonds and sh!t and… wait what were they learning again?

See, here was the other issue about chemistry class. Besides the obvious not knowing what the hell was going on there was this cute girl who sat… right… in… front of him. Like, how the hell did anyone expect Ricky to pay attention? It was absolutely useless. Here’s the issue though… as much as Ricky would have loved to talk to her… and ask her out on a date that had them preferably sitting face to face… well… she actually knew what was going on in this class. How did he know that? Well, she actually raised her hand and answered questions and got them right… and then there was Ricky who kept getting stern looks from the teacher because apparently, he had dozed off mentally. Or… maybe the looks were because he got a 62 on the last test… but hey, that’s higher than what he expected - thank you Diego for the last-minute tutoring session.

So how the hell was Ricky supposed to impress a girl… or even talk to her… when he would probably just end up… looking like a doofus in her eyes? Hell… he had barely shot her a smile and she had been sitting in front of him for most of the semester.

“Do you have a spare pen I could borrow?”

Well… that was one way to start the conversation. “Y…yeah of course,” Ricky responded, pulling the first pen he found in his backpack out and handing it to her… without realizing it was… great. Yep. He had just handed her a pen with a planet on the end. A planet. Yes, you heard that right. A PLANET. Smooth, Ricky. Real smooth. Say goodbye to asking her out, because after that, she’s going to think you’re a freaking child. sigh

In his defense, he had gotten the pens as an early birthday gift a few days ago from his grandmother who knew nothing about him besides the fact that when he was 10, he had a thing for astrology. Well, grandma, Ricky was no longer 11… but he did need pens so what the hell.

“Cool pen.”

Ohhh that was 100% pity. Sht. Yep, note to self - never bring those pens to school ever again. Actually, correction: never show your face again because Ricky had just embarrassed himself in front of the cute chemistry girl who would probably never talk to him again. Though… honestly now he just felt bad that she was stuck with that pen. With a soft sigh, he reached into his backpack to grab his pencil case so he could pull out another pen from the gift set just so that… well… she wouldn’t be the only one using the pen in public.

Though… color him shocked when the girl turned towards him a second time after the teacher told them to get into pairs. He was positive she’d run off far away from him, but no… he found her pulling her chair up. Alright Ricky… last chance to impress her. Honestly, if he couldn’t do it now… when they were paired up together when could he?

Well… easier said than done because once again, he found himself dumbfounded when they started working on the assignment and she just… knew what was happening. It all kind of just… sounded like a foreign language to Ricky… and honestly, he was more entranced by watching her concentrating on the assignment than he was… well… concentrating on the assignment himself. Damn, she was pretty… and honestly, she was even prettier when she was working. He, however, was distracted simply taking in her appearance. He found himself appreciating the way she looked at the current moment - this being the closest he had ever been to her. The way a strand of her hair gently fell in front of her eyes… if anything, it just reinforced the crush he had on her. So forgive him if he cut her science talk off as his eyes met a mark above her eyebrow - “What’s that?”

For the first time in the past few minutes, he had found her beautiful blue eyes coming back up to meet his. Confusion was clearly present in her features at his question, though she soon worked out what he meant as he pointed to his own forehead to indicate the mark on hers. With her explanation, he only nodded… unable to say anything besides “It looks like it hurt.” He should have… continued the conversation. Told her about a time when his idiotic self slammed against a door - which, honestly has happened more than once. Look, he had 2 brothers - things like that weren’t out of the ordinary. Though, he didn’t have the chance with the interruption of another classmate, mentioning the pens.

Great.

Ricky watched as Dylan grabbed the pencil case - laughing as he leaned against one of the other seats. Rolling his eyes, Ricky would have responded though… well… he didn’t exactly get the chance when Lenora did it for him. Honestly… it was really impressive, and soon followed by Dylan taking his ass back to his seat. Yep… Enrique had a crush on her…

As she turned back towards him, Rick sent her a soft smile. “I’m Ricky by the way,” he added, realizing he hadn’t even introduced himself in the past 20 minutes that they had been working together. Though, his smile only grew with her response - something he copied when she introduced herself. “And thank you, for earlier with Dylan,”

This was probably the first time since starting this class that Ricky actually wouldn’t have minded staying. Though, it seemed time was not on his side as the dismissal bell rang telling them all they had to get to their next class. With a deep breath, Rick grabbed his bag before getting up from his chair “See you around, Lenora,” he added, before walking towards the door where his brothers were waiting - making no attempt to get that pen back from her. Hey, it was a conversation starter for next time, okay.

Instead of looking at her, Ricky could only stare at the locked door - his heart breaking with every word that left her lips. She could explain? What a joke. Explain what - why he wasn’t enough for her? Why she had to turn to Elio instead of him? Honestly, at this point - Ricky didn’t… want to hear it. Honestly, it would only break him more, and at this current moment, Ricky didn’t know if he could handle it. Part of him was hoping… mentally praying that she was going to deny the allegations. That she would call him an idiot for even getting it in his head that she could cheat, and that he’d be able to wrap his arms around her and kiss her in a few seconds… forgetting all of this ever happened.

But that’s not what happened. Her apology was all the confirmation that Ricky needed for the tears he was holding back to finally well in his eyes. He wasn’t enough, not for her. In all this time, Ricky had yet to look back at her - his eyes still settled on the door, and truth be told, Enrique didn’t think he had it in him to look at her. To meet her eyes and confirm that she had… cheated on him. So he… didn’t. Ricky kept his eyes on the door, letting his hand go to his neck finding a necklace she had bought him for his birthday a few weeks after they had met. Letting his eyes close for a mere moment, Ricky wrapped his fist around the silver planet he hadn’t taken off since the moment she gave it to him, and pulled it hard - breaking the clasp. And finally, he simply dropped it on the floor before turning away and walking down the stairs he had run up earlier - leaving no words as he walked away from Lenora’s house for the last time.

@novella

1 Like