Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Alone with kids and… Emily | 2036 }

”Heeeyyy… are you free to fly over?” With little Aidan crying in his arms, Dorian called the other person he knew could help him after his own mother didn’t pick up his calls in this urgent situation. His sister. And what was so urgent? Well, Dorian has been all alone with three kids for a week now since Jessica left to work on a story and things were… not as easy as he thought they would be… not even after raising two girls. But to be fair Jessica was always there before so this was the first time he had to do it all alone and he had no idea what he was doing wrong. Yes, he knew how to take care of a baby by now but not how to make that baby stop crying after everything he’d tried. Moral of this whole story - don’t let your wife leave you alone with a baby. Not when you’re like Dorian.

Davina was usually often around to help with all of their kids but not this time - Dorian claimed he didn’t need any help and he just wanted to spend his time alone with kids, knowing Jessica won’t be gone for too long. But oh was he wrong. It was hell taking them all out to do something together, taking them out for ice cream, to go to the playground, shopping. With one hyperactive daughter and other that wanted to do everything her sister did, it was hard to follow their every move while taking care of a baby. Or loading up the trunk of his car with groceries. ”Come here,” Dorian turned to the shopping cart filled with bags and two little girls inside and picked up Zoe, right after placing baby Aidan in his car seat. “Dadddd, can I help you?” Referring to the groceries and bags she was playing with, Shay asked with a grin on her face making her sister do the same thing. “I want… to help…”
”You’ll help next time, okay? ” Dorian started with a soft smile, already helping Zoe with her own seat. Knowing exactly how that was going to end - in tears and… more tears. But that would only slow them down and he wanted to get home as soon as possible. ”Hey, hey, no crying. You’ll help me next time I promise, we just have to get home quickly, ” giving her a kiss, he closed the door with a sigh, still hearing her quiet sobs. ”Okay… let’s go,” looking at Shay, Dori whispered before pushing the cart to the back of his car, letting her help him - placing bags in the trunk as she struggled to pick them up and hand them to him. ”Dorian?” A voice he heard from behind making him stop for a second, taking a wild guess of who that might be… he knew that voice pretty well but he was, maybe, hoping his guess was wrong.

”I can’t believe it’s you! What a small world,” but he was right and he was standing right in front of Emily Dalton. Was she even still Dalton? He had no idea and honestly, he did not care. But he tried to be nice to her over the years when she was trying to stay in touch with him… small world, huh? The girl moved to Miami right after him so he did not believe in small worlds. ”Hi… Yes. Uhm… How have you been?” Dorian started following her gaze and noticing that almost forced smile as she was looking at Shay. But she quickly looked back at him and stepped forward to give him a friendly hug, resting her hands on his shoulders. ”Wonderful, and you?" Pulling back and turning to close the trunk, he looked at his daughter who seemed visibly uncomfortable and not very happy… just like him. ”Fine-” "So that’s your daughter? What a little cutie you are,” interrupting him as she noticed he was looking at his little girl in the cart, she walked over to her, gently placing her hand on her little cheek and sweetly smiling at her, making Shay slightly pull back and look at her dad, speaking up, “Can we gooo dad?”
”And your… wife?” But Emily was quick to continue, looking back at Dorian as well and keeping the smile on. Her gaze shifting to the car as she heard another child crying… maybe giving her a wrong idea. She couldn’t see Jessica and it seemed like all of his kids were there so… where was she? Why wasn’t she with them? Wouldn’t she help? ”Working. Thanks for asking but we have to go,” Dorian mumbled, picking up Shay and turning to face Emily again, pushing a cart towards her. ”Can you please help me with this and put it back? I’m in a rush, thank you. Nice seeing you,” he quickly added, without another word and put Shay in her seat before going to his side and leaving Emily standing there alone.

What was harder, getting home and bringing everything inside or what he did with Shay earlier? Well, both were quite hard. First he had to bring the kids inside and trust Shay with looking after Aidan as he went back to the car and picked up all their groceries and then come back inside to… Aidan crying. ”What’s wrong, buddy?” A slight frown met his lips as he placed the bags on the table and walked over to his son as little Zoe immediately ran up to the table to find a lolly her dad bought her. He was… hungry? Yes, that was Dorian’s guess so he went to the kitchen, holding his son as he started heating up… almond milk. Dorian tried to do this a long time ago - while he was getting all the groceries he got almond milk for the baby since he only drinks almond milk. What he didn’t know is that babies can’t drink that, there was this… thing… Dorian didn’t pay much attention to when Jessica tried to explain how it works… well Dorian thought it was just Jessica being a little health hater and blocked that whole conversation out of his mind. Wrong move, because now he found himself struggling with Aidan once again as he wouldn’t stop crying, no matter what Dorian was doing and no matter how hard he was trying - why he was on the phone with his sister, finally admitting he did need help.

@benitz786

2 Likes

Elodie May Taylor-DeLoughrey
{ Month two of Elodie being away | August, 2039 }

Elodie’s phone stopped ringing, basically all the time, a while ago. It’s been more than a month since she stopped constantly getting calls and texts she was so effortlessly ignoring. Effortlessly… no. It’s been two moths of hell, staring at her phone as watched the calls end, her phone light up and then go black again… just not knowing what to do. A whole month and a half of her hiding at her parents’ home and avoiding everyone, even her mother who had no idea what was happening, just that she wasn’t supposed to tell anyone her daughter was there. Not even her own family. And what was going through Elodie’s mind? A lot. Same old things that were bothering her before she left, things she had no idea why they were bothering her. Why she was feeling so down all the time plus feeling so guilty about just leaving but… she didn’t know what do to. She still doesn’t know what to do.

And it’s already been two months of that but she was back to work, she has been working for two weeks now, mostly from home since she could do that but there were days when she’d leave the house and just drive herself to that big building. Waste her time staring at papers, wishing she was back home… but what home? What was home at this point? It felt like she didn’t have one, felt like she couldn’t go back to her real home, where her husband and kids were. On top of everything she was felling that was only making her more scared. ”If it isn’t Elodie DeLoughrey,” a familiar voice making her turn around as she was walking across a parking lot, towards her car. Familiar British accent and familiar face… taking her a second to figure out who was the man standing in front of her but when she did a sweet smile appeared on her lips. ”Mark! I can’t believe it,” saying through a chuckle, she watched him walk closer to her and very quickly pull her in for a hug. An old college friend. It’s been a while since she’d seen someone she used to see almost every day so many years ago and if she didn’t have so much on her plate she’d enjoy this little reunion. But now all she wanted to do was just get in her car and leave. Which she tried to do, ”I’m so happy to see you again, wow… But I’m kind of in a rush-” ”Do you… want to grab a coffee?” Tried to do and failed, Mark cutting her off with a cheeky smile and pointing towards a cafe across the street. And if you know Elodie, you know she doesn’t know how to say no even if she really doesn’t want to do something. Sure she’d start with, ”I would love to but I have to-” ”Half an hour? Come on, I was hoping to see this famous Elodie DeLoughrey everyone here keeps talking about and now she wants to say no?” Ending it with a simple ”Sure.”

”It sure sounds like a dream job,” Mark replied, a big smile stuck on his face from the moment they sat down and got their coffee. Mainly talking about work and what they’ve both accomplished, why Mark was in Beryl in the first place. A business trip, what else would it be? ”Mhm, it really is,” Elodie sweetly replied, lightly nodding her head as the conversation shifted to her and her father’s business. And for once in two months she actually felt… relaxed. Minutes of forgetting about everything wrong in her life simply because she was with someone who wasn’t involved in it at all. ”What else could I expect from you, DeLoughrey. Always so set on it,” a little change of attitude making her instantly uncomfortable, noticing the look he was giving her. Taylor-Deloughrey,” she quickly corrected him, shifting her gaze to the side as she brought the cup up to her lips. But did that change anything? Not really. The man straightened up and rested his elbows on the table, ever so slightly leaning forward. ”Oh, I apologize. I didn’t know you were still with…” ”Riker, yes. Still married, still have kids,” She continue what he started, forcing a smile as she put the cup down. A conversation that reminded her of what was happening, making it start hurting all over again. ”Twins, right?” ”Four kids now, actually,” she whispered, avoiding meeting his eyes which could… give a wrong impression. Maybe he’d think she wasn’t happy with that life or her marriage, why else would she be so uncomfortable all of a sudden? ”Four, really? And you look better than ever,” probably what he was thinking considering what he said last. ”Yes. Twins, son and a little baby. She is… She is perfect. Her name is Lexie and she is… 4 months old now. They are all perfect. And my husband, he is wonderful…” A more genuine smile appearing on her lips, talking about her family after such a long time… but talking about that once again made her sad. A reason why she looked at the time and quickly took out her wallet, leaving some money on the table, ”I’m sorry, I really have to go. Here… coffee is on me, I’ll see you around,” with that she calmly walked out of the cafe and as soon as she was far away, she rushed to her car and slammed the door, letting the tears start falling.

2 Likes

Phoebe Renee Taylor-DeLoughrey
{ Young Phoebe | 2034 }

A 12 year old Phoebe was lying on the ground in her sister’s room, listening to her reading a book for their class. Twirling a strand of her hair between her fingers as she stared at the ceiling… instead of actually listening to the story, she was counting the diamonds on the chandelier. ”Wait what? Can you read that again, I wasn’t listening,” Phoebe mumbled, covering her mouth as a loud yawn escaped her lips. This is what they’d usually do, what Phoebe would ask Amelia to do - read a book for school since she always loved books. Amelia would read and Phoebe would simple listen, both being ready for their class then. It’s not that Phoebe didn’t like reading… well, she really didn’t, but her dyslexia was making it slightly hard for her to focus on it and finish everything on time, hence Amelia always being there to save the day. ”Or… can we stop here? I’m bored, we can continue later,” with a loud sigh this time, Phoebe rolled to her stomach, resting her forehead on her hands. ”Aaand go to the beach now! Do you want to?! Come on, beach!” Phoebe exclaimed and straightened up, her face lightening up just thinking about something that was actually fun and not tiresome. ”Beach!” She repeated, getting up and jumping on the bed next to her sister, snatching the book out of her hands and closing it without thinking about the page they were on. No bookmark, nothing. Let’s just… hope Amie remembers. ”You pick matching swimsuits and I’ll go ask dad to take us surfing. Oh, I love when we’re on the same page,” a huge grin on her face as she got off the bed and ran out of the room and down the stairs.

”DAD,” with excitement in her voice, she called out for her father the moment she reached the last step, moving towards the living room only to hear laughters coming from the kitchen. He father and mother laughing, to be precise. Slowly and quietly reaching the kitchen now, she leaned against the door frame, looking at her parents making something to eat. Or just her dad making something as her mother had her arms wrapped around him. There was a soft smile on Phoebe’s lips, just looking at the scene in front of her. It was almost always like that, what Phoebe got used to, her parents being happy every time they were around each other and she loved that. Loved seeing them like that. ”Lasagna?” She soon spoke up, walking up to them and leaning against the kitchen island to see what they were doing. Of course being right. ”But Amie wants to go to the beach. Can we go now or… I… Amie and I don’t want to wait…” She said, putting on a fake pout and looking up at Riker. ”Can we go surfing now? This will take foreeeever to bake but if we go time will pass quickly, pleaseee,” she slowly continued, taking steps backwards with that same pout and stopping at the door to wait for his answer. But instead of her father, Elodie was the first to say ”Take them, I’ll be here with Xander.” Words that made Phoebe grin again and turn to run up the stairs and into Amie’s room. ”Ready?”

3 Likes

When Elio Met Lenora – Feb 2036 - a series

Sunday. Today was Sunday. Elio was exhausted from the week and even yesterday, Saturday, he had no down time. He likes to keep himself busy though. The busier he is, the less he is alone. Sienna knew he hated being alone and instead of letting him have a rest day she convinced him to follow her around the stores in town. It wasn’t hard to convince him though. It was either that or stay home and help their mom set up for the dinner party she was throwing for all the donors at the college his dad coached at. Sienna and he were expected to be there tonight, but party planning and decorating was not his deal. He was slightly surprised Sienna wasn’t staying to help their mom out, she usually did but when Elio asked her why she wasn’t, she said she had nothing to wear tonight. This caused a hard roll of his eyes since he knew how exaggerated that was. At this point, she had two walks in sized closets for her clothes alone and another for just shoes.

It was February meaning they were coming towards the end of their freshman year in only a few months. Elio pushed himself to the point of exhaustion this year, but this would only be the beginning for him he knew. He was the only freshman to start on the football team which put a lot of pressure on his shoulders. He had planning for varsity football his whole life. Well, his dad and him have been. He waved to Sienna, who was going to a shop a few storefronts away, she waved back with a nod before disappearing into the door of yet another overpriced store. It was her thing though and he knew how happy fashion made her, just like football did for him. They always had this special bond. They were there to always support one another’s passions. They also were incredibly protective of one another. This little wave and nod that took place was a familiar one. It was acknowledgment of where the other is and will be. Their whole family abided by this unspoken signal actually.

Elio leaned against a bench on the side of the road. He looked around at the people carrying their new goodies in large bags. A few girls his age coming out of a coffee shop, a mom and daughter admiring their new scarf that had been purchased, a teen aged male holding a small plastic bag that had the logo of the local jewelry store and a girl inside a store across the street. The alarms of the store started going off as she tried to exit the doors. He could see her eyes widen right away which caused him to stand for some reason and start crossing the street. A car honking at him and yelling at him to “get the hell out of the way you dumbass!” As he sped walked over to the high-end store, he heard her staggering words out and the worker asking her to come to the back with her or else they would need to call security. Something took Elio over and he let out a little laugh while walking close to the blonde who was clearly in trouble. He placed his hand gently on the small of her back while “Hey babe,” left his lip to this complete stranger. The worker raised an eyebrow at him, but Elio looked away from her as she crossed her arms over chest. “Were you on your way to show this to me? Sorry it took so long for me to find a parking spot!” He came up with a lie on the spot as he looked down at blonde, he stood holding. “Whatever it is, I’m sure you will look amazing in it!” He winked at the stranger.

She was beautiful. Her blonde hair fell just right over her shoulders and framed her heart shaped face. She had a set of blue eyes that weren’t twinkling but instead had a depth to him that made him want to learn more. Her lips were plush, and Elio thought for a second how he wanted to feel them on his own. He looked away quickly and back to the worker. “Let’s ring this up and pay, yeah?” He suggested but started walking to the cash register and motioned with his free hand which way he was walking for this stranger he was helping out to come with. He didn’t know why he was helping her. She was clearly trying to steal something, something very expensive. Why was she? He stuck his credit card into the reader and signed the machine before the lady handed him a bag with the item placed inside of it, wrapped in tissue paper. She was hesitant still, but she wished them a good rest of their day. He walked out of the store, carrying the bag in his hand. He walked until they were out of view of the store and then stopped, turning to the stranger.

“This belongs to you.” He said to her as his arm extended to hand her the bag. “I’m Elio, your very own superman I guess.” He chuckled to himself while letting his hand run through his hair. It was longer right now because of the off season of football. He was planning to get a haircut before the school year got out and summer rolled around. “I should be going,” He told her as he saw Sienna walk out of the store across the street. She started looking around for him and he didn’t want her to get worried. “Catch you later fake girlfriend.” He wanted to say more but nothing else came out. How stupid he seemed to her! Why couldn’t he have gotten something smoother out. He questioned to himself as he walked back to Sienna. “Who is she?” asked sienna with a petering smirk on her own face as she nudged him in the stomach with her elbow.

Watch season 2 episode 4 of One Tree Hill for visual idea!

3 Likes

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Shay gets lost, there was also a dog | 2035 }

Why was Dorian in the mall with his girls while Jessica was alone at home? Who knows. Not me… okay, maybe I do. They were expecting little Aidan and there is no such thing as too many baby clothes. Unlike Zoe who got Shay’s clothes, Aidan was the first little boy in the family so they didn’t have that many things for him. And Jessica trusted Dorian so much that she let him go to the mall alone with their girls. Or she just wasn’t feeling well… Don’t even think about questioning his style. It’s pretty good.

With Zoe on his shoulders, he walked around the huge mall holding Shay’s hand. Listening to her begging him to go and see some dogs. He had a whole plan - where they would go, how much time they were going to spend there and where they would go to get some food, which was always the most important part of their little trips but his plans often changed because of his daughters. If you asked a teenage Dorian to change his plans for someone he’d tell you no but now, there was nothing that would make him happier than taking Shay to play with some dogs. After they get everything they need. That was when he heard his name, two young girls appearing in front of him with bright smiles, asking for a photo. This was what Dorian was used to at this point, a part of his career he didn’t mind at all. A part of his career he loved the most when he started making a name for himself, before getting married. ”Yes, of course," his wide smile matching theirs, he was quick to reply, letting go of Shay’s hand to adjust little Zoe who was not happy about the situation. He has noticed that many times, but he could never say no to his fans. Out of a habit and simply because he wanted to be nice to them. Shocker, huh? It was a short moment of him not paying attention to his kids that never seemed… dangerous, before this day.

”Have a nice day," his last words to the last person who was in the line to take a photo with him, a smile spread across his face he turned around to take Shay’s hand but… Shay wasn’t there. She wasn’t anywhere he could see her from where he was standing. It was just him and Zoe who was now in his hands, hugging her tightly while his gaze hectically travelled across the mall. And Dorian just stood there, for a whole minute, hoping he would see her behind every person that passed by but that was not the case. Did he just let his daughter walk away? Did… did something… much worse happen? That’s when he really felt panic and started walking around, looking for Shay while somehow managing to not show he was worried. Just to not upset Zoe… and that was the hardest thing he ever had to do because he was terrified.

”Sorry, have you seen a little girl walking around alone?" he asked every person he bumped into, hoping to hear a positive answer but no. They all just kept walking, shaking their head. Fck." A mumble, his grip on Zoe tightening. Not even a mall security guy could help him but Dorian didn’t really give him a chance to, the moment he heard no he just kept walking and looking around. A mistake? Probably. If anyone could help him it would be that guy but Dorian was too scared to just for a second stop and think what he had to do. Until he saw a pet store. It was worth trying, Shay… she said she wanted to go and see dogs, she had to be there. Not that he thought she was there, she just had to be there or Dorian would completely lose it. That’s when he finally saw her, a loud sight escaping his lips as he ran to the little girl playing with a dog and pulled her into his chest, hugging the way he has never hugged her, or anyone, before. ”Shay don’t… ever… do that again," he was trying hard but it was clear that his voice was shaky, that he was shaking. Gently placing a kiss on her forehead, he looked down at her, cupping her little cheeks. ”Jesus…" a whisper before he hugged her again, with his other hand pulling crying Zoe to his side and gently placing a kiss on top of her head. A little dog now running around the three of them. ”You like him, huh?" Forcing a smile that would’ve come naturally if just seconds ago he didn’t have to think about looking at the missing child headlines, Dorian sat down on the ground. With little Zoe on his lap, he felt the biggest relief seeing his older daughter was fine.

@benitz786

1 Like

What If? - Jezebel

You didn’t think that Jessica Pierce and Malachi Azure were the only ones with a seemingly infinite number of ways their life could have gone, did you? If you did, you would be quite incorrect, as one of these many other individuals is Jessica’s own cousin, Jezebel Parker. The ways in which her life could have gone differently are countless. There are alternate worlds where Jezebel grew up as a Parker instead of a Sloane, there’s a world in which she never even had the chance to know those who mattered to her in this world as she was given up for adoption, and there are certainly worlds out there where her life would have followed a different path for her with Jordan, or with Mikel, and even a world where Laurel had been Kai’s daughter instead of Mikel’s.

For Jezebel Parker, there was a certain time which had brought more alternative lives that she could have lived than most other points in her life. Senior year. There are many, many ways Jezebel’s senior year could have gone differently, so let me tell you some of what could have been. First, let us look into what Jezebel’s senior year could’ve been like had her relationship with one Mikel Lucas been little more than just a one time hookup.

2 Likes

Elodie May Taylor-DeLoughrey
{ Mother daughter(s) date | 2027 }

Sundays - days created for quality mother-daughter dates or just what Elodie has been telling herself and doing for a while now. There was not a day when she wouldn’t show her unconditional love for her girls and her son, not to mention her husband… but today was just a little bit special.

She was woken up by Riker’s touch, his fingers gently running up and down her arm. Mornings like this one is what she enjoyed the most. Just the two of them and silence before getting back to their sometimes hectic life with twins and baby boy. Moving closer to him, she wrapped her arm around him, resting her head against his chest. ”Good morning my love.” Just a short moment before Elodie moved on top of him, burying her face in the crook of his neck, whispering, ”Don’t go yet.” They’ve been living in South Africa for a few years now and she loved it more than she thought she ever would even if it was a big change. Finishing high school, Elodie though she’d go to London to study and then come back home but here she was, in South Africa with her own little family at the age of 24. And with their own beach house, it was easy for Riker to get up in the morning and disappear for a bit, sometimes when the kids were still asleep and sometimes when they weren’t, leaving Elodie alone with them. Which she didn’t mind, not at all. But she also got used to waking up early so one thing Riker never did - he never left without wishing his wife a good morning.
”Please,” her voice still quiet, she softly pressed her lips against his neck, letting her hand slide down his chest. Letting her lips travel down his neck, over his collarbone and then chest and… Xander is crying.

”That’s my cue…” laughing lightly to herself, Elodie lazily got up, her messy bun even messier. And that’s how her mornings would start; taking care of her little son while waiting for Amie and Phoebs to wake up, finding some kind of entertainment for Xander to keep him occupied while she does her usual morning routine and then showering her girls with kisses before moving to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. ”What are we making today?” She’d always ask, a bright smile on her face while resting her arms across the kitchen island on which the twins were sitting. Pancakes was the usual answer and what would Elodie do? Well, she’d make them pancakes every single morning, just around the time Riker would come back. Today was different though. Elodie did ask what they wanted and yes… they did want pancakes and Elodie did make them, but instead of giving them their breakfast, she prepared a little basket for a picnic on the beach. They had picnic almost every Sunday and the girls loved it (why at least Phoebe still does in 2039), it was just something that didn’t only make them happy but it made Elodie happy. Besides that, she also prepared some fruit and their favorite juices, not telling them what they’d be doing later that day. And soon they left, leaving the house to the real kids.

”Stay close, baby,” Elodie said to her hyperactive daughter Phoebe, leaving them to collect little seashells while Amelia was wrapped up in her mom’s arms. Now… I know what you’ll think but no. Elodie has never had a favorite daughter, she loved them both equally but Amie was almost more similar to Elodie and that’s why you’d see her with her more often. See them cuddling and doing everything together, like now. Letting Phoebe do her own thing as she often did even at such a young age, Elodie brought a book she’d be reading to Amie for a few days now, taking this perfect opportunity to continue with the story. Her gaze often going back to Fee, a smile on her face growing when she’d see her running back to them with seashells in her hands, dropping them in front of her mom. That’s when she set the book down and with Amie help Phoebe pick the most beautiful ones and make hearts out of them.

To be continued…

2 Likes

Twitter - Trending:

1. “Work It”
    1. “Work It Dance”
    1. “Jadie Reunites”
    1. “Sadie Monroe and Jordan Williams”
    1. “JADIE REUNION”

Top News Headlines:

1. E News: Jordan Williams and Sadie Monroe Share Steamy Dance
    1. Fox News: “Jordie” Confirm Romance Through Dance
    1. Celebs Now: Sex on the dance floor? Check new upload involving Jordan Williams and Sadie Monroe dance.
    1. Beryl Chronicle: Hope remains - Jordan Williams and Sadie Monroe getting BACK together
    1. Seventeen Magazine: AMERICA’S SWEETHEARTS BACK TOGETHER

Within a few minutes - Jordan and Sadie were not only trending on Twitter, but their names were also splattered over web, and on almost every social media site out there. That was the problem with fame… once you have it and then you lose something even more important: Privacy. The privacy of dealing with his divorce… the privacy of falling apart from the hinges and everyone in the world knowing that you’re broken. Anything and everything is out in the open no matter how much he tried to keep it hidden. To keep it… his own. Perhaps part of the reason Jordan was rushing to do this “live” was to save them… save Sadie from what would inevitably occur. The Paparazzi standing outside their door, harassing them… harassing their kids. Jordan can deal with it happening to him but he never… never wanted Sadie to go through that. Though hoping and it actually happening were very different things.

It was hard… impossible to mutter the words explaining that they were nothing more than just friends. But false hope never got Jordan anywhere before and this would, at least, protect his family. Thought that didn’t mean it wasn’t hard ignoring the people commenting on his life. The thousands of messages going every second, though most people indicating that they didn’t believe them. Part of him didn’t want to believe the words coming out of his mouth. But many of them were right - if Jordan had learned anything over the years, it was to smile through his pain.

Sadie’s voice brought him out of his own thoughts as she told everyone it was great seeing all their old castmates. "Honestly… I swear both of us have been so busy that we haven’t really had the opportunity to do this before. A good busy though… I mean… have you all seen Sadie’s new music video. Damn… way better than that dancing we did inside there, " Jordan laughed, looking towards Sadie with a look of pride that only she could see. It was true - there would always be love between the two whether they could help it or not. It was who they were… what their lives were.

“Liza and Keiynan have always been interesting people to get into a room together… trust me… awkward silences aren’t a thing when Keiynan starts talking. And Liza with her jokes… I mean you’ll never leave a room with them without a smile on your face so it’s honestly been great hanging out with them again. That being said - thank you all for joining our live. Me and Sadie will hop back on with the rest of the cast in a few hours after the movie ends and we’ll update you all. Thanks for tuning in!”

With those words, Jordan closed the live; putting it in his pocket as he let out a sigh of relief, looking towards Sadie with a tired smile that could only be understood by one another. Apparently, marriage helps with that - reading each other’s facial cues despite being in a room full of people. They always did understand each other. One awkward conversation only required a look across the room and the other would save each other from the conversation.

“Well there’s that for damage control” Jordan said; going back towards his fridge and getting the tub of Nutella out alongside some Oreos in the cabinet. “Remember when you were obsessed with these when you were pregnant?” Jordan smiled. “I guess those 9 months of eating these I also kind of got obsessed with them… want a bite?” he offered, dipping the cookie in the chocolate and taking a bite. “I wasn’t lying by the way… I don’t think I’ve had the chance recently to tell you how amazing you are, Sadie. God your music continues to astonish me every time you have a new song.”

As he spoke; Jordan found his eyes meeting hers, the way the soft smile met her lips as she grabbed a cookie - taking the filling out because she was never a fan of the creme, though filling it up with chocolate instead and eating the concoction. Jordan felt a soft smile meeting his lips as he looked at her - the old memories meeting his mind as he looked at her. “Actually, do you mind if I show you some new stuff I’ve been working on? I know it’s been a while since I’ve released a new song… or album… I just… I respect you as an artist so much Sadie and I’d love to hear your thoughts? I don’t… honestly know if I’ll release it but I just… yeah… god I’m falling over my words aren’t I?” he asked; a soft laugh leaving his mouth as he attempted to bring himself back to reality and not act like he was a teenage schoolboy. What he didn’t know was he wasn’t the only one listening in on this conversation as his “live” was never truly ended.

@novella

1 Like

@astxrism

2 Likes

after the fight + aj’s conversation with hartley

Out of what appeared to be nowhere, a stranger came and swooped Hera away from all of this madness, Hera scrunched their face, full of upsetness. “Who’s taking me away…” They pondered the thought in a way they thought was suspenseful, but really they just looked like a small child who got their toy taken away.

She heard Adlai’s familiar voice and shouted “AJ! I missed you!” Into the air. She observed his arms around her, giddily throwing her hands over them in an embrace. The figure was wearing a black shirt, it did smell like AJ. He had that obnoxious cologne that Hera always told him to wear less of. He obviously did not listen. AJ still got b!tches though, so Hera supposed it was just a matter of having different tastes. They were so happy to see him again. Sober Hera likes to play down her emotions but currently she stood outside of her comfort zone without holding back. To them, AJ was a sanctuary. He provided her this warm touch that she had never felt before. She felt safe, like a newborn infant in a bright room. She didn’t really know what was going on, but she felt loved. And that was enough.

He looked like he was going to bring her over to a couch to cool off, to which she protested. They were completely oblivious to what had just happened. Unaware. “Take me to the bar!” She chanted. God, this was going to be embarrassing in the morning. Morrison seemed hesitant on her instructions, a huff coming from his lips but she would not rest, dragging him like a sack of bones that hung over her shoulders. The trash on the ground was his only advantage, functioning as an extremely weak anchor, crunching and crumpling under their feet. “Fine” He sighed, succumbing to their willpower. “Make it fast, okay?” He released Hera and they ran at the bar, swinging her legs over the stool to sit comfortably cross-legged.

“Come here!” She indicated, tapping the stool next to them with the palm of their hand, waiting for him to sit. They were certainly testing his patience, but she didn’t care. Not now, they didn’t know how to. He came and slid onto his seat, Hera smiling empathetically. “Where were you all summer?” She asked sweetly, wanting to know he was ok. Then the bartender walked by and she asked for two of whatever the drunk people were having. Hera you are drunk people. The bartender however, would not ask questions if he wanted a good tip. And all servers know that Hera tips well. Especially the Rockefeller bartender. They have been sneaking into Blue Royalty parties since they were 14. By now, he knew she wasn’t the age she claimed to be, a terrible man really, but you gotta do what you gotta do for a check. Hera respects the hustle, at least on her worse days. Today was one of them, and it probably was not going to get any better, she knew that when she heard AJs recent whereabouts.

@aesthetic idk man

1 Like

{ after the party | 10th September 2039 }

Once Ezekiel was left to stand alone at the party, his mind once again went back to what happened before he arrived. To his friend that was probably taken to the station for questioning. To his friend he hoped wasn’t hurt because of something technically he started. If he only paid more attention to what he was doing… if he checked the cig before carelessly throwing it out… they wouldn’t be in this situation. She wouldn’t be since he was the one who escaped. It was times like this when he was really beating himself up for something he’d done. He often did that.

Enough to forget why he was at that party in the first place, no matter how much he loved parties - tasks and Blue Royalty. He’d have to start thinking about that some other time, or… maybe there was an opportunity for him to finish at least one task… Maybe. But maybe his priorities laid in making sure his friends were fine there was just this one problem… How was he supposed to go there?
This whole time he was with Annie in her car and right now, he was a bit short on money since he spent it on paying for a hotel room, just for a night. That’s what he often did when he knew his mother would be mad at him for coming home drunk or high - he would just go somewhere else but never ask his friends for help. That would be easier, right? He had many friends, they would all be happy to let him crash at their place but Zek never wanted to bother them with that. He never wanted to be a burden.

The only option left was to get an Uber. That’s what he would do - assuming where Annie was he would pick her up and offer her to stay with him for that one night. He could imagine her parents would be p!ssed at her so the best he could do is help her with getting away from them. Good plan? Good “I’m sorry I left you” plan? Sure…

With a nice driver name Jason who was not much older and in college, Ezekiel was sitting inside of a car in front of the station, typing a text for Annie. Coming here from Nashville with his older sister, that’s what Zek learned about Jason and he actually enjoyed this little conversation they had going on. It was never hard for Zek to be friendly with someone so he didn’t feel weird saying “First we have to pick up my friend down at the station and then go to this hotel,” no matter how sketchy it sounded.

To: Mariannnnie

hey… idk if where you are rn but im in front of the station in an uber if you need a ride… since yn, your car betrayed us

Glancing at the door, he waited for a few second before sending her one more text. Just in case.

To: Mariannnnie

if you want to escape your parents or idk… idk if youre even here but :)

@/novella - Annie

2 Likes

after the fight + aj’s conversation with hartley

Aj’s eyes faltered from Hartley as he spoke, widening them at the sight of one of his friends in a predicament — or rather possible future lawsuit – with the one-and-only Victoria; Victoria’s Secret supermodel.

“Oh for fcks sake, Hera…” He muttered under his breath, saying his goodbyes to Hartley and running towards the scene. Without any hesitation, Adlai threw them over his shoulder and carried them away. He felt like a dad – carrying his absolute nightmare of a toddler away from their fight on the playground. Ridiculous. And in fact, it got worse. As he placed her down onto the sofa in a quiet corner, she could barely sit still. They practically chanted for everyone on planet earth to hear: “Take me to the bar!” Aj crossed his arms with a light groan. “There’s no way in h*ll you are going to the bar–“ He started, covering their mouth with his hand to stop them from drawing even more attention. Hera then darted away, Aj unable to stop her.

He frowned as he was sat at the bar, unable to control drunk Hera. Now that was something he would never ever be able to do. “You know, bullying is considered illegal here at Blue Royalty…” He started, not even knowing what to say, but he, of course, made a joke. “Now why on Earth would you target a supermodel?” He asked, honestly a bit surprised why Hera would even participate in that. He couldn’t say he approved…

He sat in silence for a moment, sighing lightly before ordering a fancy drink from the bar. They were testing his patience and they knew it. Where were you all summer? He thought about coming up with what he had said before to others, but honestly? He didn’t really care if Hera knew — they’d probably forget about it in the morning.

“Rehab,”

He whispered. “I was in rehab all summer because of my drug addiction,” His confession made his fingers tingle and his grip tighten on the glass — hoping that no one heard his little secret. Not that anyone wouldn’t have guessed that’s where he was going last year, but it takes a lot to admit something like that. Just another step towards recovering.

“Anyways, what have you been up to? Also, I hope you take it into appreciation that I haven’t recorded a single thing you’ve done tonight to use later for blackmail–“ He told them with a cheeky grin.

@raviola - hera

1 Like

Bullying is considered illegal here at Blue Royalty. The voice echoed in her head as Hera considered his statement. What had she done?? One minute her beautiful new flame was caressing her cheek gently, pressing her lips against theirs, and the next they were here wiping their slightly sticky hands from the shirt they ripped with a loose napkin, AJ probably felt the wet print of her hand on his back when he picked her up. She knew it was wrong to be two against one, they knew better!! They always did. When sober, at least. She raised her hand, pointer finger up, mouth slightly open waiting for words to come out, but they never did. They put their hand down and closed their mouth, unable to find an excuse.

“I don’t know!! I saw some girl picking a fight with Charlotte and I caved!!” They thought, a cheeky smile growing on her face at the thought of her. She’s so gorgeous, and witty, and Hera knows nothing about her yet but they were going to. They were making sure of it. Adlai, on the other hand, probably didn’t see it that way. He definitely wouldn’t see it like that if they told him that she was the other girl in the fight. She giggled thinking about it. “Before you ask, she was perfectly innocent in the situation. She only spilled one drink!!” They insisted. Although frankly, Hera would have probably been upset if they had been sober, none of this whole thing would have happened if they were sober. Sober Hera takes everything so seriously, they never let loose at school. At least she could say they were good most of the time.

Not around AJ, though. To him, she was more of an escape from reality. Sobriety, even. To him, she was probably nothing but an escape route. It was such an unfamiliar type of sad to them. AJ made her feel like she knew what it was like to be used. It was so strange, she has spent a lifetime at the bottom, and her peers push her back down when she tries to rise to the surface. Boys on the football team that were apparently her friends want to put her down on the least f^ckable list. She doesn’t even like boys and they still think they’re entitled to judge her by how much her appearance caters to them. They were a ruined mascara, angrily throwing tissues at the wall then sobbing type of mess.

“Oh my god.” She realized. “That was Victoria Rinaldi.” They said in pure awe. She was known and loved by the world!! Particularly teenage boys, so she didn’t feel very threatened about that, but so many others knew her, loved her, cared about her. And they just ripped her shirt off her like it was nothing. This was NOT going to be funny in a few hours. For now though, Hera couldn’t contain their laughter! She practically had a little laughing fit, arms crossed over their stomach, falling forward with their chest. She’d probably do something about it in the morning. If she remembered any of this.

All of their laughter halted when they heard where AJ was. “Rehab?” They asked, reaccomodating their position, putting everything they had in their hands on the counter. She gestured to his drink, calmly trying to address the situation without upsetting him. “So…? Is that okay?” Hera knew that he had been through alot with his girlfriend dying, and they honestly expected it. They felt so bad being drunk around the poor guy now, her heart sank to her stomach.

Mid conversation, the two were nterrupted by a voice that announced their and Charlie’s cars were being towed because there were drugs found in them. “What the f^ck? I came here in an uber” Hera giggled, “They must have the wrong guy.” In hindsight, none of their rumor made any sense. The police had no warrant, they would have to track the lisence plate to know it was Hera’s car which obviously wasn’t going to be immediate. Especially not over drugs found in a car.

After that ended, AJ asked what they had been up to, and mentioned their undying loyalty and love-blind kindess to Hera because he hadn’t filmed any of this for blackmail, causing Hera to laugh again. Predictable. “Thank you.” She smiled, “For that, You can have one thing…” They looked around the room mischeviously for a piece of evidence. They cursed, looked in the opposite direction of the scene. “I don’t know what you could use against me.” They pondered the thought until a light bulb went off in their head, eyes twinkling to show off it’s light. She pulled out her phone from their sexy yoga pant pocket and clicked on video record, extending her arm out to capture the two of them before turning their head to face him. “I love you, AJ!” They smiled wholeheartedly to him and then the camera, wrapping their arm around him and kissing him on the cheek. End video. “There! Sober me will hate that. You can show them the video when they’re mad at you.” She pouted, using her puppy dog eyes and chuckled at herself.

@aesthetic ~ AJ

1 Like

After a decent amount of drinks on both of their parts, the lookthat Hera was giving AJ was no longer the same. There was something about her drunken self being able to display her affections without remorse that set off something in her that they could never see sober. It was Aj, their best friend, a companion, but also, in the eyes of drunk Hera: a lover. His hands gripped his glass, now more loosely after a couple of servings. This always happens. Time and time again Hera forgets that she sees him differently when the cage in her brain that holds her captive in unlocked, she runs wild. He held the drink with one hand that she was currently envisioning on their waist, gripped hard like she was his possession. In their head, he was kissing them passionately, it made her feel ways they did not know they were capable of feeling. In his eyes there was no love, no compassion, no friendliness. Only lust. Everything about this night, they knew they were going to regret later but they couldn’t hold back. “I’m sick of this.” They muttered under their breath, leaving their seat and signaling at the bathroom for AJ to follow her.

They held the door open for him to walk in and the moment his foot entered the door frame they found themselves slamming the whole thing shut. The space between them closed until in was nothing. He was beginning to see her in that way too. She could tell in the way that he followed her without questions, he was laughing at her jokes more than he usually does. Their eye contact became a mutual gaze filled with passion. Adrenaline rushed through their veins, his hands running up and down her body as though he had been longing to know how it felt for centuries, fingers gripping her tightly. Neither of them had any control over what was going on but neither did they want to.

time skip

Hera sat on the tiled floor, the strap of her outfit fallen loosely off of their shoulder, a sweat puddle resting on the pit of their collar bone, breaths heavy. Now what the f^ck.

@aesthetic you took too long to reply and the time skip is today LMAO this was kind of painful

1 Like

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Date night gone wrong | 2020 }

What do you do when the only person you ever thought cared about you, a long time ago at least, was now standing in front of a crowd publicly dissing you? Just stand there and listen? Leave? Try to stop them? I guess it depends on the person and from someone like Dorian, with slight anger issues you’d expect a reaction. But… no. With confusion he watched this stranger walk away from him and onto the stage, taking a mic. Confusion that did turn into anger but not in the way you’d expect. It was more of a disappointment, in himself and her. A speech we all could agree Dorian deserved but that didn’t stop him from feeling hurt in a way he never felt before. One thing was suddenly being left alone to grow up, when you needed someone the most but it was something else watching that same person calling you out for everything you deeply believed in but never admitted. To yourself or others. Watching that person so carelessly speak in front of people about something they did not understand, but he did. In every word feeling called out and humiliated. Was he wrong to feel that way after putting her through the similar situation? After expressing his “hate” for the girl every chance he got? Maybe, but he had the right to feel that way because he’d never done or said anything close to this.

That jock that everyone likes. Or at least, pretends to like for affiliate popularity. Really a moment that started everything. Feeling like all eyes were on him, when they weren’t, only because he found himself in that statement. A guy that never thought his friends really liked him but didn’t give sh!t about it because attention is attention. Popularity is popularity and in the eyes of Dorian, it gives you a better chance of succeeding. Didn’t give sh!t… If only that were really true. It was just what he would make himself think while deeply down carrying that insecurity because if his best friend left him, why would anyone else like him and stay? It was easier to just pretend like you don’t care and he got really good at that. And if Jessica dared look at him at that moment, she would’ve seen how disappointed and hurt he was.

Just a second later she did do that. She did meet Dorian’s eyes, eyes of a boy frozen in place. What she saw in them he did not know, nor did he care at that point. Did she see how sad, how hurt and mad he was because of every word that left her mouth? Well… who cares, right? He did not try to hide his feelings, especially not after what she said next. The cover… that, by itself, has just a glimpse of what was inside. But a glimpse that was probably the most accurate description. Soon she got off the stage but Dorian still stood where he was, his eyes looking at the same spot but now he had a soft smile on his lips - pitying himself. He was there for another minute or 5, playing with a glass that was in his hand but looking down at the ground. You know… it really did suck hearing that. It really fcking hurt.

”I’m sorry…” Slowly walking back to his date who, as Jessica said, was having a better time talking about being on this date than actually being there with him, with his hands in his pockets Dorian quietly started. He always thought there was nothing that could ruin his date with someone and if he… if he didn’t care this little speech Jessica gave also wouldn’t ruin it. But it surely did. Enough to wish he wasn’t there, to wish he wasn’t on a date and to just leave the girl sitting there all alone. But he knew better that that. He would leave her but not without saying something. Not before lying to her. ”Something came up, I have to go home,” words that did not sound so convincing but he tried, he tried to force a soft smile as he gave her an apologetic look before leaving her some money to pay for a cab and leave. Not waiting for he to answer.
So that’s how his date went. He left the girl alone and went to his car. In silence drove himself home but instead of getting out, he stayed in his car for a while, just leaning against the door and staring at the gate.

2 Likes

The Alternate World Series: Malachi Azure - Part 1

Year 7: Age 24 - 25 (Kid is 1): Family is Chosen

“Alright kid - so New York Times daily updates. Apparently, the Pope accidentally made a baby cry. Good stuff, good stuff. Not surprised that an old white man can make children cry - are you?” Jess asked, raising her eyebrow as she looked at her little girl bouncing up and down her crib. “Yeah, I didn’t think so. Alright, next story. Arson by the bride… yikes imagine that. Seems like the bride’s fiancé escaped the wedding through the window and so the bride retaliated by burning down the church she was going to get married in. Okay if there’s not some karma there… I swear. Good for her I guess? Or him… Anyways…next there is ‘Trouble in Paradise: Royal family of Listeria seem to…’ you know what… that one doesn’t matter…” Jess whispered, allowing her voice to trail as her eyes met a photo of Kai. Putting the magazine down, Jess picked up her little girl, kissing Aria on the cheek as her baby coo’d in excitement.

This is how her mornings usually started; waking up and reading her baby some daily news. Feeding her, playing with her, writing stories when she could… or at least ideas for stories she wanted to research. Though, no matter what had happened in her past, Jessica wouldn’t trade the little girl for anything. Honestly, her entire heart belonged to the little girl dancing in her arms. Jess moved her head hearing someone enter the room and grinned at the man who walked in. Andy McAllister - the little girl’s godfather.

“Corrupting the mini nug’s mind again?”

“Hey hey hey - a little news in the morning never hurt anyone, Nug,” Jess smiled at her friend. Over the past few months - he had let her stay with him and the two just… helped each other. She helped pull him out of his slump after Ziah died and he helped her raise a little girl - no questions asked. That was what their friendship was. It was always no questions asked. If the other needed something, Jess or Andy would be there in an instant, and right now… they both needed each other. Jess sighed as the little girl moved her head towards Andy immediately - attempting to wiggle out of Jess’ hands so she could get closer to the man. “Okay okay fine. We see who’s your favorite, Aria,” Jess laughed, handing the little girl over to Andy and wrapping her arms around him for a second. Honestly, Andy would always be her family - and this baby girl loved the man with her entire heart and he loved her. No matter where her life had led her - she was happy. Happy with this little girl… with her …person being there to help her deal with everything.

“Kaii”

There was a little voice that met both Jess and Andy’s ears and for a second Jess thought she imagined it as she moved away from him, looking at her child with subtle surprise. But then her little girl said it again - looking behind Andy.

“Did she just… she just…”

“Kai…ya”

Jess looked behind her as a little five-year-old stumbled in, rubbing her eyes. There was a mix of emotions that met Jessica’s mind in that instantaneous moment. The excitement that her little girl said her first word… worry when she heard Kai leave her lips… and the intense relief Jess felt when the girl was trying to say Kaya.

“Good morning munchkin,” Jess smiled, picking the five-year-old up and laughing as her little girl said Kaya more times as she saw the older girl. Kaya immediately broke out into a grin, giving the little girl a kiss soon met with Andy throwing the girl up in excitement and catching her mid-air.

Yes… Jess was happy here. Happy with Andy, Kaya, and little Aria. But perhaps there would always be that worry about the little girl’s father: Kai Azure.

Year 8: Age 25 - 26 (Kid is 2): Choices

Laughter filled the house as Andy chased the kids in the backyard - a soft smile on Jess’ lips as she watched them. Usually, she would join them, but there was something that had been eating away at her recently. "So? What are you going to do Jess?

Jess moved her head away from her little girl to Daniel who was sitting at the table. Despite any frustration that he had when she told him the little girl was Kai’s - Daniel loved the little girl just as much as the rest of them. “It’s a good opportunity Dan… you know I love the London Post - she’s young… I think change will be good for her,”

There was a look on Dan’s features that Jess couldn’t exactly read as he watched her. “You’re right… it is a good opportunity… but are you sure you’re not using this as an excuse Jess?” Jessica Pierce immediately raised her eyebrows at the sentiment and let out an incredulous laugh. “I’m sorry, Dan, but I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, W@nker,”

The girl watched as Dan took a drink of his tea, leaning against the chair. Over the last two years - Dan had actually… gotton on good terms with Andy? At least better terms than they had been. Perhaps it was seeing him with Jess’ little girl that finally did the trick, but the two were almost… friends? Or maybe that was a bit of a stretch. “Come on Jess. You and Andy - do you think I’m blind? You’re both… happy… and I don’t know but with you whenever things get good again, you find a reason to leave. I’m not sure if it’s because that arse, Kai, hurt you and you think you need to run away whenever something stable comes along but are you sure about this? Are you sure about taking Aria away and moving to a new place because to me it just looks like you’re trying to stop anything that could happen between you and Andy so you don’t get hurt. Look… you know I"m the biggest supporter of you I just… make sure you think about this”

Jess looked at Dan with a surprised look and honestly… she didn’t know what to say. Maybe there was honestly in Dan’s assumption. She loved Andy but something in the pit of her heart kept reminding her that it was never more than their friendship. Part of her knew that this was a choice… a decision that could lead her to a completely different place in her life… either way she had to chose. And a choice she did make. “Come on Dan. Me and Andy are just friends and we always have been. I’m doing this for me and Aria… as much as I’m doing it for Andy. Look… he needs to get back out there and he’s never going to do that with his best friend living at his place. He needs his independence and I’m just doing what needs to be done. And let’s not forget - I won’t ever get offered an opportunity like this again. I just… need to take it, Dan. I need a new start.”

Dan didn’t argue with her that day - perhaps he did know more than Jess did. But a few days later, nevertheless, Jess took a crying Aria away from Andy and Kaya and to a new place they went. Back to London. To their new home.

Year 9: Age 26 - 27 (Kid is 3): It was coming, sooner or later

“Mommy… who’s my daddy?” Jess stilled slightly - looking at the little girl in slight surprise at the question. Jess was reading her girl a bedtime story and found herself closing the book as she looked at the girl. Not to say Jess hadn’t expected her little girl to ask one day… she just… well… never hoped it would be this soon. Jess had promised herself that she would never lie, not even to her baby girl. “What’s bringing this up, my love?” Jess questioned, as the little girl wiggled out of bed and into Jess’ arms to face her. “My…my friend Bonnie…she…was laughing with her dad when… he picked her up from school and… then she asked me who my dad was and… I told her I didn’t… know my papa and then…in the story the little bunny was with… his daddy…” .

Jess watched sadly as her little girl started tearing up before asking “Do I…do I have a daddy, mommy?” A soft frown met her lips as she wrapped her arms around her baby girl - kissing her forehead and whispering that it was okay so Aria would stop crying. After the girl finally calmed down, Jess took a deep breath and nodded. “You do have a dad… Aria. I’m… so sorry he hasn’t been a big part of your life so far and that’s partly my fault… but… I want to give you the world my love. Look at me…” Jess whispered, moving away so she could look at her little girl in the eyes. “I can’t promise you that he’s going to be a big part of your life… but the one thing I can promise you is that I will always be here. But look… I want this to be your choice. Do you want to meet your dad?”

It took a few seconds - silence filled the room as the little girl looked at her mom before slowly nodding yes. “Okay then… we’re going to go meet your dad okay… let’s talk more in the morning but for now, baby girl, you need to sleep,”

Two weeks of hell… that’s what Jessica Pierce had endured after figuring out when the next royal event was that Kai would likely be in attendance. Over the years, Jess’ presence at these functions had slowly diminished, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t still in the loop about what was going on in the world. And the next charity gala was one that the Prince and Princess of Listeria had investments in meaning either one, or both had to be there. In either case, she knew it was a likely chance that Kai would be there… and then she’d have to introduce him to his daughter. Her… daughter.

While her baby girl couldn’t stop talking about it - meeting her father - Jess couldn’t stop worrying about it. What he would think… what he would say… if he wanted anything to do with her… if she even wanted him to even be involved… no… Jess couldn’t take this away from Kai. Once she said her piece there was no taking it back, not this time. And that’s exactly what worried here. There was no changing this. He would forever be Aria Pierce’s father.

The charity gala was not one unlike the many Jess had been to over the years, but for Aria, it was a first. Aria was in awe. The excitement in the little girl was twofold. One, of looking like a “princess” which made the girl happy simply because she had recently been obsessed with princesses after Jess had told her that she was related to a man. And two… meeting her dad who Jess… honestly the girl hadn’t stopped talking about it, telling all her friends that she was going to see her dad soon. The room was filled with royals - though it was never difficult to locate those more important than… others. Guards filled the room, however, most of them were concentrated where there was a king or queen as well as princes or princess that was next in line for the throne. And after a few moments of looking… Jess found him.

Her heart ached as she watched him from the side - he was conversing with another dignitary in the middle of various guards but he was still… just Kai. Her Kai… no… sigh not hers anymore. It didn’t matter what fancy clothes Malachi would wear because to Jess he would always just be the person she met in the men’s restroom all those years ago. The person she fell in love with… the person who once had her entire heart in the palm of his hand… and… the person who broke her all the same. The person… who was her daughters’ father. Jess bent down to her daughter’s level and smiled, despite how much it hurt her inside “You ready, my love?” Jess asked, smiling as her daughter bounced up and down and nodded before putting her hand out and tightly holding her hand so the girl wouldn’t get lost. And with that… Jess walked into the lion’s den.

There were various royals attempting to get a moment with the prince - discussing legislation, funding, and other sh!t Jess didn’t care about - but soon enough, Jess found herself close enough that she could see him. And… within a few seconds… he saw her. Maybe they had always been drawn to each other, but his stare… the way he looked at her instantly brought all the feelings she had bubbling above the surface. There was so much love… and pain within a simple look. Despite being mid-conversation with someone, she found him moving towards her and without waiting, Jess muttered “We need to talk” when he was close enough to hear her. After she said that, Jess simply started walking. Her daughter ahead of her as she led him to the balcony where there were no other people. It took a few moments for Kai to excuse himself, but she soon found him entering the space without his guards. He didn’t say anything for a few moments. He simply looked at her and then she found his eyes moving down to the little girl beside her who was looking at him. Aria was hiding, hugging Jess’ leg as she peeked at him and for a moment - Jess said nothing. He didn’t either… perhaps neither truly knew what to say. Taking a deep breath after god knows how long of standing in silence, Jess started;

“God Kai… I thought about how to do this thousands of times over the years and I don’t think I ever got it right. Honestly part of me wondered if this would ever happen… I’m sure you would have never imagined being here either… talking to me and I wouldn’t blame you because after that night… after the press conference I never wanted to see you again because you were just that bloody arse who constantly…” a sigh left her lips as she realized she was rambling… saying things she truly didn’t need to say in front of her little girl. Looking away for a second and back at her daughter, Jess smiled at the little girl, letting her hand run in her hair. "What I mean to say before I started going off in a tangent is… bloody hell I don’t know how to say this… why isn’t there a bloody manual on how to tell the man who got you pregnant that he has a daughter I swear to…

Though she stopped there, because even if she didn’t know exactly what was coming out of her mouth - the way his facial expression changed meant that she had. His confusion changed to shock as his eyes moved away from her and back towards the little girl who was now holding her legs tighter. “Kai… meet your daughter… Aria” Jess finally let out as they both stood in silence.

So yeah… he was shocked. I mean… what could Jess expect. 4 years had passed since the two of them had seen each other and now there she was with a little girl who was peeking behind her leg at Kai. Aria’s bright blue eyes stared at her father, though continued to remain hidden until Kai finally walked closer to the two and bent down to meet her at her level. “Hi… Aria is it?” Kai questioned, letting the little girl tentatively nod. "That’s… a very pretty dress Aria. My name’s… Kai. Any chance I could see you twirl around in it?

It took a second for Aria to ease into what he was saying and while she hid, Kai simply continued talking. Telling her about his favorite color, what he liked, and if she did too until the little girl found herself moving towards the man and picking up her dress and started spinning with a small laugh. “My mommy says I look like a princess… are…are you a prince?”

Though upset at the situation itself… Jess couldn’t help but smile looking at her little girl and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. “Aria… I’m going to let you talk to your dad okay… I’ll be over there if you need anything” Jess whispered and watched as the girl nodded at her mom. Though scared, she knew her daughter would want alone time with Kai… and … he would too… and well… Jess didn’t want to ever get in the way of that… so she didn’t.

~3 hours later ~

For a while, Jess watched the two - smiling ever so slightly at Aria laughing: something Jess always thought brightened up any room. But after a while, realizing her daughter wouldn’t need her, Jess took a walk. She needed it: fresh air. That was exactly how she found herself in the garden behind the building - sitting on the bench and thinking. Though… did Jess ever really stop thinking? Her mind wavered over to the night of the press conference and… well… even before the incident. The good times she had with Kai along with the bad mingled among her thoughts. She didn’t realize how long it had been until she found someone approaching her.

Her little girl had fallen asleep in Kai’s arms and honestly… he looked less than happy to see Jess sitting there.

With his voice low, Kai started “Three years Jess? Three fcking years?”

Jess gave Kai a look before taking her daughter from his arms and laying her down on the bench she had been previously sitting at. With that, Jess took his hand and brought him a few steps away from her sleeping girl before continuing.

"Don’t give me that Kai. Don’t act like you don’t understand where I’m coming from. I had to make a choice and I did… just like you fcking made a choice that night when you decided to stay. Jess muttered, looking back at her sleeping daughter lovingly - in stark contrast with the words coming out of her mouth. "What did you want me to do? Call you while I was in North Korea? Say "Hey Kai? Remember me? The girl you ditched a year ago because you couldn’t commit to anything that mattered? Well, I’m pregnant. So do you want to go split-sies on who takes care of her? For Crist’s sake, don’t come at me with your holier than thou bull sh!t, I did what I thought was best and I stand by that. "

There was anger in Kai’s features, but there was also something else… perhaps understanding. A split-second movement in his emotions but it was there. Despite this, it seemed the anger still prevailed with his next words. “You still should have told me that I have a daughter before now Jess. I f**ked up, but three years? You had our daughter in North Korea, and when you brought her home you didn’t tell me she even existed.”

Ahh a good ol fight. Just what Jess always wanted. No, honestly, she never wanted this. Maybe it was coming - maybe it was always coming, but God did it make her angry. "Don’t patronize me Kai. I had a baby and I was trying to do what was best for my child and I’m sorry but this? This life Kai with you and the princess - do you really think Aria needed that? Needed to be treated like a b^stard child of the god-forsaken prince - to never really be treated like your own daughter because you’d have to keep her a secret and if it did get out to the press - we both know she’d get a brunt of the attacks. So fine - you can hate me for what I did but everything I did was for her.”

She saw it in his eyes - the moment she finished yelling. The way his anger dissipated and instead, it only left a hollow man. The man she had seen on the magazine photos, the one that no one could see but her. Broken… just like she was. “I just… would have wanted to know about her and meet her before now…”

Maybe she should have eased up on him. Related to what he felt but being around him just… brought back all the pain she felt when he hurt her. “We don’t always get what we want. We both know that more than anyone else huh? So what do you want from me Kai? She wanted to meet you - I let her. I’m trying to do right by her.”

Broken… yes. Those were the only words that could truly describe the man in front of her. “Jess…”

“Don’t… Kai… Just… don’t.me and Aria have a plane to catch. Thank you for not… letting her hopes down… I should go and you probably have things to do like… I don’t know… spending quality time with your wife who will never know about this. So… Sorry for wasting your time,”

With that, Jess walked back towards the bench and picked up her little girl. Kissing the sleeping babe’s forehead, Jess smiled at the innocence in her baby girl. One who would never know of what happened while she was asleep. “I’m…sorry Kai,” Jess whispered before giving Kai one last look and beginning to walk away from him… something she had become used to after years of doing it over and over again. Though what she didn’t expect was for him to follow her through the party, uncaring of what the guests heard, and say “No”

Jess turned to face him, pain in her eyes as he looked at her, his hands on her cheeks causing her to unintentionally shift towards his touch. Automatic… that’s always what it was - because there was always a comfort in his hands she could never truly erase. "“No Jess, don’t leave. None of that s**t matters right now. I just found out about her, you can’t just leave like this. I can’t just watch you leave with her. I need to know her… please…”

A sigh left her lips as she looked at him, tears forming in her eyes as she looked at the man. Aria had sleepily wrapped her arms around her mom, laying her little head on Jess’ shoulder and so Jess was trying to be as quiet as she possibly could.

" “I don’t know what you expect from me Kai. To go to Listeria with you and be pushed into one of the many rooms meant for your mistresses?" A soft laugh left her lips at the thought. “well for one, I’m pretty sure my banishment from that kingdom will get in the way of me sneaking around the castle being at your beck and call and two, I’m not going to put out daughter through that. She has a life in London and I’m not taking her away from that, away from her friends. Everything she knows is there and you Kai… you’re her dad but you’re also a stranger. So what do you want? Weekly face time calls when you can finally carve a second free from your busy life? Yearly visits when you’re in town for a function? No please… please tell me how your relationship works with Zach and Candice because honestly if that’s what you’re offering, I don’t want it because it’ll only hurt her.”

Jess looked at him… though soon it became readily apparent that they weren’t the only ones in the room. Rather, royals became eerily quiet at their words, looking at them with gasps. With that, Jess grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the front door and out of it where her car was waiting for her, hiding her daughter’s face in the process so no one with cameras could see her.

"Look Kai… I’ll work with you because she wants to know you and I would do anything for her. Like it or not, You are her dad. But honestly… how the actual fck do you think this is going to work? I don’t want you to be just a man who sees her every few years because she is honestly better with just me if that’s what you want.” [/color]

She truthfully didn’t… know what he wanted from her. She wasn’t staying here - Aria and Jess had a life. A family back in London and this… was just a blip in the road to Aria growing up.

“I don’t know what you want me to say Jess. I don’t know what the right thing to do here is. I don’t have the answers here, but I know I want to be in her life.”

A soft laugh left Jess’ lips at those words as she shook her head. If there was anything Kai should have said in this moment, it wasn’t that “That’s always been the problem with you Kai, hasn’t it? You don’t know what to do and then you make a choice that just breaks anyone who cares about you… You broke me… more than once or have you forgotten that? I don’t… want you to hurt her Kai… or get her hopes up… because you… Malachi Azure… always hurt those who care about you and my biggest fear is she’ll start caring and you’ll do to her what you did to me.”

“I don’t want to get her hopes up than hurt her, I want to be there for her. And believe me, Jess… I hate myself for what I did to you, and I still wish I would have just left with you before. That choice was one of the worst mistakes of my life.”

Jess closed her eyes; listening to the calm breathing of the girl in her arms to calm her down. “You wishing doesn’t change anything Kai don’t you see that? I can’t… oh my god I can’t do this anymore I… I need to go Kai… we need to go. I’m sorry… this was a mistake”

Jess looked at him before walking towards the car and getting in it, ignoring the way he was staring at her as she closed the door - tears filling her eyes as the car started and begin driving away. She could only look at her daughter… feeling… terrible… because although Jess wanted to give her daughter the world… she couldn’t… give her this.

Year 9: Age 26 - 27 (Kid is 3): Time moves slowly

The plane ride was… probably one of the most difficult things in her life - her daughter was visibly upset that they hadn’t stayed and that Aria couldn’t say goodbye to her dad. The moment she woke up, she immediately begin asking when she would see him again. Jess… just didn’t have an answer. She knew her daughter had fallen in love with the man… after all, Kai had that effect on people. Making people fall in love with him was a talent… but, more than that, he had always had a way with children. Jess could still recall the day of their first date… a lie of a date as she now understood and the strange way he was acting finally made sense in her mind. However, above it all, she could still remember the way he lit up as the little girl asked him to dance. That was the real him… or… she liked to fool herself into thinking it was the real him. At this point in her life, she never knew what was real and what wasn’t. Did she ever fall in love with him? Or did she fall in love with the ghost of a person who never existed?

Though, suffice to say, it was a long plane ride back to London. Her daughter crying for most of it… to the point where she had tired herself out and fallen back asleep a few hours earlier. Jess held the little girl once again, and after a long uber ride, the two were finally home. “I know Dan… okay maybe I was being stupid by going to see him but I’m trying to do what’s best… I’m fine… yes Dan Aria’s… she’ll be okay…” Daniel had called Jess the moment she landed, apparently flagging a video staring her and Kai and her baby - though he had already taken it down from the web, not before watching it himself, however. Jess smiled at the doormen of her condo, waving, before going to the elevator up to her home. What she didn’t expect, however, was for a man to be sitting outside the door - his head in his hands. Though when she arrived, he finally looked up - her name leaving his mouth instantly. Dan seemed to have heard that, asking immediately who the hell was with her and after a few seconds of getting over the shock, she answered. “Dan… I think I’m going to have to call you back…”

Hanging up on Daniel (something one should never do as it results in him practically calling every three seconds until you pick up again…), Jess looked at Malachi Azure. He came closer so he was standing right in front of her before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in for a hug - neither of them saying anything for a long time. However, both of them knew… from now on… things would be different… for better or for worse.

Year 9: Age 26-27 (Kid is 3): Gravity

Aria loved this new arrangement - having both her mom and dad around. There was something in the way she acted, but Jess knew the little girl was happy. A different type of happiness than when it was just her and Aria. For the past few weeks, Kai had been sleeping in the spare bedroom and helping around where and when he could - truly just trying to be as active as he could in Aria’s life. Jess did… try… to have a talk with him… about what happened with the princess and Listeria but it seemed it was a topic that neither of them truly wanted to get into. Perhaps it was the bubble they were in - a bubble where nothing else mattered. A bubble in which they had found a new normal… one that Jess enjoyed despite Daniel’s objections. Currently, Kai had gone to drop Aria off at school and Jess was finishing up an article about London’s homeless population for the post. A soft smile met her lips when she found the door opening, the man coming back inside and grabbing the newspaper he often read early in the mornings.

[color=firebrick] “Have you met Aria’s substitute teacher? I swear every time I drop Aria off, she hounds me with so many questions,”

A soft laugh left her lips as Jess closed her computer, looking at the man with a raised eyebrow. “I don’t know if you know this, Kai, but you’re a fairly attractive dude. Like, if I was a teacher and I saw you dropping a kid off with no wedding ring, I’d also hit on you, love.”

Though nothing had happened between the two…romantically, their relationship had become better… if not for them, for the sake of their daughter. There was still tension between them, but at the current moment, both were ignoring it.

There was a look on Kai’s face as he read the paper and Jess found herself gravitating towards him. “Hey what’s up?” Jess questioned, walking towards where he was sitting, but as she approached he put the article down - almost as if he was hiding it from her. “Hey now - I pay for the paper I think I deserve to read it,” Jess joked, but found him standing up and blocking her view, muttering something about it not being important. Giving him a look, Jess jumped towards the couch to grab the paper - though found him grabbing her by the waist and pulling her away. It was a struggle that ended up with them both on the floor, Kai’s arms pinning her against the ground as he grabbed the paper out of her arms again. Laughter left both of their lips in the makeshift fight though soon the two realized how close they were to one another.

The sexual tension in the air increased instantly, and Jess found his lips slowly navigating closer. Jessica wanted him… much like she wanted him years ago. It was always as if the two had a gravitational pull towards one another, despite their differences. Kai hovered right on top of her, one slight movement and his lips would be on hers and perhaps… jess would have made that first move. Though neither of them really had the chance when the door bell rang - instantly both Kai and Jess realized what was happening and pushed away from one another. An awkward cough and statement of “I should… yeah… get… right…” Jess got out, fixing her hair as she walked towards the door and opened it up, meeting an unfamiliar face. The man standing in front of her was wearing a black suit, a grim expression on his face. “Hello Miss Pierce. My name is Jenkins and I work for the Azure family. We were notified that Malachi Azure was living in your residence, is he in?”

“Jenkins?”

Jess moved aside as Kai came to the door, an unreadable expression on his features as he began speaking to the man who was (from what Jessica overheard) Kai’s parent’s personal assistant. Kai had gone in the hallway, however, the shouts coming from Kai were loud enough that Jess could hear part of what he said inside her living room. Something about dinner… mandatory… disappointment - so it didn’t take much for Jess to piece together what had happened. As Kai returned, the grim expression only growing, she knew what it was. Dinner with his family.

~5 Hours Later~

“So I get…get to meet my… grand…parents?” Aria asked in a little voice as the three sat in the car that his parents had sent. They hadn’t been told where they were going, but Kai did let her know she probably didn’t want to wear jeans and a t-shirt which, honestly, she probably would have. But instead, she came in a long dress and Aria wanted to dress up as well. Suffice to say, Malachi was correct because soon they found themselves at a French restaurant that had a waiting list booked two years in advance. Aka - Jess had never been there because it wasn’t her type of food, nor would she ever go if she had an invite. It was immediately apparent as Jess walked inside, her hand holding onto her daughters, that the only people in the restaurant were them - Kai, Jess, Aria, and Kai’s Parents. Though Ironically, the waiter still led them upstairs and to yet another private room. Jess was truly in awe about what these people would pay for privacy. As they entered the room, Jess watched as Kai’s father was reading the same newspaper that Kai was that morning, not putting it down even to look at the two, while his mother smiled.

“Kai… Jessica, thank you two so much for…”

“What the fck, Malachi. What is this?”

Kai’s father’s voice boomed in the room and Jess immediately found her daughter holding her hand tighter. It wasn’t that the girl hadn’t heard cursing before - Jess honestly had a sailor’s mouth - but there were certain words she avoided using in front of her daughter. Not to mention, the tone of the man’s voice was pure anger and Jess knew her daughter was scared. Bending down, she picked the little girl up - anger growing within herself though before she could get anything out, Kai responded.

“Don’t you ever… ever use that language around my daughter again,”

The tension in the air was high, to the point that even her daughter could feel it - tears coming out of her eyes as she called for her mom. Jess noticed that Kai’s mom was trying to calm his dad down, but she wasn’t going to subject her little girl to this. So instead of staying in the private room, Jess walked outside - sitting at a table far away from the room and tried to calm her daughter down. Jess could hear yelling from the other room, but she was trying her best to drown it out.

"Excuse me - do you have ice cream or… a cookie or something? Anything? Jess asked one of the waiters and it didn’t take long for them to get her something sweet so that she and Aria could enjoy while ignoring what was happening a few feet away from them.

“Mommy why are daddy and gram…grammy… grammy pa fighting” Jess smiled at her little struggle to say grandpa, though that didn’t stop her from sighing. “Aria… your dad and your grandpa… don’t have the best relationship… I don’t…”

“Hello… Jessica… do you mind if I join you two?”

Jess looked at the woman, and after a second, she nodded. After a few minutes, she sat across the two and couldn’t stop looking at aria. “You look… so much like your father,” the women started. Compared to Kai’s father, his mother seemed more… practical? Jess smiled as her daughter stood up, going to her grandmother and asking the woman questions. Though that didn’t change Kai bursting out the door a few moments later, slamming the door behind him and walking towards the three of them. Immediately, he walked over to his daughter sitting in his mother’s lap and picked her up. “Come on, we’re leaving Jess,”

Jess looked over at Kai - an anger within his eyes that she had never seen before. She thought for a second, and then stood up, put her hands out to grasp Aria and handed her back to Kai’s mom. “Do you mind staying with her while we talk?” Jess asked the woman and then pulled Kai towards the balcony. As they met the cold London air, Jess took a deep breath. "Are you okay Kai? What was that?

"Nothing Jess, let’s just go.

"Kai really? After shouting for what? More than a fcking hour? No seriously, what happened. If we’re in this together - let’s fcking be in this together.

It was clear that Kai wasn’t in any mood to talk, but at the same time, it was clear that jess wasn’t dealing with his sh!t.

“The article. The one he was p!ssed about. They were running a story about me leaving my wife and how I’m basically a terrible person. Dear old dad is angry that the Azure name is being tarnished and wants me to go back to her. I said no because I’m in love with and have been in love with someone else for years and then he said he’s disowning me. That’s pretty much how that conversation went unless you want a full rundown of every single moment?”

Jess looked at him, her eyes widening - mostly because that was a lot to unpack. But out of everything the statement that got her the most was “You… love me?”

Kai looked at her, the anger in his eyes dissipating and after a few seconds, she found his lips on hers. She didn’t know how long it was before the two finally pulled away, but she did know her arms were numb from the cold winter air “Yes… Jessica Pierce if it isn’t obvious and hasn’t been obvious, I’m in love with you”

Year 10: Age 27 - 28 (Kid is 4): An Ending and A Beginning

Happy. It was something Jess never imagined she would be. Not after everything she had been through she almost didn’t believe she deserved it. But now… yes Jessica Pierce was happy.

“MOMMY, DADDY WAKEEEEE UPPPPP” Jessica’s eyes opened to a little girl jumping on top of the bed that Jess and Kai shared and a soft groan left her lips as Kai grabbed his daughter and kissed her. “Happy Birthday my love,” Kai stated, looking in Jessica’s direction and she smiled back at him. Jess kissed her daughter who immediately smiled screaming happy birthday before looking at Jessica’s stomach. “When is he coming out mommy?”

A laugh left Jess’ lips - the little girl had been asking that very question since the moment she found out she was getting a little brother. Currently, Jess was approaching her due date in a week and the amplitude of the girl asking had only increased. "I don’t know my love - do you want to ask him to come out again?

Jess didn’t have to ask before the little girl started poking her stomach and telling her brother to get out or else which made both her and Kai laugh. Though the odd thing was, after a few more moments of poking, Jess felt something.

“Umm… Kai… I think… I’m pretty sure that whatever Aria said worked because…” she started, feeling a contraction. “because this kid is coming”

@Littlefeets - I will probably edit in the morning but I’m tired so this is what you’re getting
@CerealKiller - Mentioned in the first two years.

1 Like

Her father’s responses were a lot more serious that she had expected. Not understanding the consequences of her actions. Great. Well, it was hard to take that seriously when it hadn’t even been her actions that caused the potential consequences. Not that he could know that. But Annie knew that if she opened her mouth, she would possibly give him the name of the second party accidentally. So Annie, for a moment, just stayed quiet whilst he continued. Still extremely annoyed at the Officer who basically caused this to happen.

Though, around mid-way through her father’s rant, there was a point where Annie had a reaction. It was merely the poor arrangement of words, on the subject that needed to be lightly addressed around her. But it was enough. Enough to make her basically completely forget what they were actually here for. “Well, it’s good thing you don’t have to believe it, Kyra wouldn’t act like this,” Annie responded with bitterness, the eye contact they had being long gone. “That’s not-” She vaguely heard him start, but it was too late. “No, it’s fine, I know what you meant,” She interrupted, despite clearly proving otherwise, talking quickly and quietly before starting to turn around to the door. “And I’ll pass on that talk,” Annie started, substantially louder now. “Maybe while your talking to her you can finally sort your sh^t out. And since all you and her do is f^ck about on Instagram letting the whole world know that you obviously still love each other without actually facing truths so why should I now?” Annie continued, allowing the thousands of DMs she gets a day on the topic influence her words before her hand was on the door.

“I’ll be back later. To yours or moms… whoever’s,” Annie finally said, ignoring his calls for her to come back and leaving the station. As the cold air from the night hit her face, Annie looked around at where she had planned to leave her father for. Her phone she had only recently been given back buzzed before she could even begin to think of where to go. The unnamed culprit. Simultaneously a car pulled up in front of her. Without a second thought, or look behind her to see her father, she got in the back seat of the car where Ezekiel Griffin sat beside her with a face filled with guilt from his absence in the past few hours.

Before he could begin to say anything, “Don’t worry about it, I handled it,” Annie vaguely stated, using her extremely loose definition of handling something.

@.astxrism Ezekiel Griffin
@.benitz786 Jordan Williams

2 Likes

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Dream - another dream - reality | 2035 }

Stepping inside of Dorian’s house in a quiet and rich neighbourhood of Miami, one would find themselves in a bright hallway, staircase leading to the second floor. And then the third floor. Tall windows with no curtains and diamond chandeliers, a piano in the corner right next to the front door. Another one in the living room that was right around the corner; big and bright room with a high ceiling looking out to the shore. To Dorian’s private beach right in front of a yard with two pools and a bonfire. A bar next to the bigger pool with his personal bartender Francis, two girls in a bikini drinking pina coladas. His bedroom was on the second floor with a marble bathroom and a closet that was bigger than his bedroom; a closet filled with free stuff he received over the years working with multiple brands, from Nike to Gucci and Luis Vuitton. It was the most expensive house he could find in that part of the city so it was the only house he could ever think about buying. Imagine that headline: “Take a look at Dorian DeLoughrey’s new Miami mansion worth over $300 million.” Wasn’t that a dream? It was more than that. But… was it Miami? He felt like he did live there, it just… this place didn’t look like it.

His bedroom was on the south side of the house and it had a perfect view - his backyard and the beach. It was a perfect mix of luxury and peace and that’s why Dorian would often just stand out on his balcony, only a towel wrapped around his waist as he proudly stared at the ocean. Or sometimes down in his backyard when he had some company like he did today. There were four models there 4 hours ago but he had to go to the gym and then his soccer practice so now there were only two, two girls he has been with before and liked more than the rest. Was that what he was hoping his love life would end up looking like? Maybe. He never thought much about it, he was just looking for some fun knowing he never wanted to get married or have kids. That was not and never will be in his plans for the future. Where he was now was the happiest he has ever been and he wouldn’t change it for anything. He had some relationship a long time ago but they never ended well so what was the point in trying? What he really wanted, all his life was to be known for soccer and he achieved that… Just look at him. Two brunettes waiting for him by the pool while he was relaxing on a balcony of his mansion, without a care in the world.

”Ladies,” he greeted them the moment he got back downstairs and was outside again, his famous cheeky smile not leaving his lips. But… the whole time there was this… strange feeling of something not being right. He did not pay much attention to that, it was easy to ignore it when he’d receive sweet smiles from those lovely girls. ”There’s a new club opening up tonight,” Dorian started, for a second glancing back at his house before meeting their eyes, subtly smirking. His back now resting against the bar as he grabbed a glass Francis passed to him, without even having to ask for it. ”Third room on the third floor. You already know-” Before he could even finish that, they were already rushing back inside, hand in hand and he could only hear their giggles. What was in that room? Not much just tons of girls clothes, dresses, heels… really anything a girl could wish for. If he wanted to go out with them he had to make sure they looked nice and he had more money than he needed so it wasn’t a big deal. He was not a sugar daddy, no, don’t think that. He just liked to spoil his women with nice things. A thought that made him feel… weird. He was just sure that’s not what he was usually doing, suddenly it seemed out of place. He would spoil his women just not in that way, not with luxury…

”Dorian!” Soon, there was a familiar face standing in front of him, bringing him back from his thoughts. Charlie, his good old soccer buddy he’d spend the most time with but… how did he get in? ”I brought…” Charlie continued, looking back at a little girl who was around 6 running past Dorian to go to the beach. ”No need to tell you now, do I? She was begging me to come along and let her play with your little one and you know how that goes… You can’t really say no-”
”Huh? I don’t have a daughter,” confused, Dorian cut him off, placing the glass down. ”Yes, you do.”
”No, I don’t.
Yes, I do.

Waking up gasping fir air, Dorian found himself in a different bedroom, a more familiar one. Familiar, white bedsheets, familiar doors and a mirror on the ceiling but… the view from it was still the same. It was a detail he ignored, remembering where he was, who he was with; remembering he did have a family and what happened was just a silly dream. Letting his back hit the bad again with a loud sigh, he rubbed his eyes before reaching out to his wife who was next to him. Or he thought she was… he felt that side of the bed was empty and when he looked to the side that only confirmed that he was, in fact, all alone. That was strange… Maybe she couldn’t sleep and was somewhere downstairs, right? It wouldn’t be the first time but why was that making him so nervous? Why did he get up in such a rush then, throwing the sheets off of him to the side? When he opened the door he wasn’t met with his hallway… it was the same hallway from his dream. Or what he thought was a dream… Was it a dream? No - what was a dream and what wasn’t? Everything that happened just had to be a dream… he really did have a wife, he really did have two kids but why were all the rooms empty then? Opening every room on that floor he wasn’t met with anything. Nothing. Just an empty white space with a window.

Umm… where are his kids? That’s when he started to panic a little bit. This couldn’t be real. Maybe they were downstairs, maybe he overslept but just didn’t realize so they were outside playing without him. Running down the stairs that weren’t like his he was now standing in an empty living room. His kitchen was also empty. Everything was quiet. Everything except his backyard… suddenly he could hear music coming from that direction only to see the same scene from minutes ago - Francis and two brunettes. That little girl who wasn’t his running past him to open the door leading to his backyard before he heard his friend behind him, once again. ”Dorian!”

And…
Wake up again.
Gasp for air again.
Look to the side and find yourself alone in a room, again.
But this time was different. His bedroom was his. It was the same bed he slept on for so many years. The same feeling he would get every time he woke up in that room but now he still felt panicky simply because he was alone. Repeating his steps - throwing the sheets off of him and getting up in a rush, when he opened the door everything was back to normal. It wasn’t a dream anymore. Everything was where it was supposed to be. That big plant next to a tall window beside the staircase, three doors in front of him. One leading to his daughters’ bedroom… in which they were sleeping. He felt relief, for a second leaning against the door frame and closing his eyes. It was fine. Everything was just a bad dream. But, uhm, where was his wife? Once again he found himself running down the stair but this time there was a person in the kitchen, a glass in her hand as she was, what he could guess, drinking water. He didn’t hesitate. Walking up to her he took that glass from her and put it down before kissing her and then simply wrapping his arms around her, not saying a word. Not letting her say a word.

1 Like

{ after the party | 10th September 2039 }

Ezekiel didn’t even see Annie getting out, he was focusing on his text that even the door opening startled him. A look of guilt quickly washed over his face, seeing her plopping down next to him, seemingly looking completely fine. Or just normal.
There was not a moment of silence as she had done that that would’ve allowed him to say something. To apologize and ask what happened after he left. She was quicker than him, tried to convince him she “handled it”. That he did not doubt but how she did that was another question. What even handling it meant was a bigger problem.

”I’ll believe you and not comment on that,“ a quiet sight left his lips as he leaned back in his seat, slightly shaking his head before signaling the driver they can continue. At first not explaining to Annie where they were going or if she even wanted that. ”But I really do hope everything ended up being alright and I am very sorry,” his words were sincere as he tried to smile and force himself not to talk about it anymore, figuring she would prefer that. Usually he wouldn’t let that happen but now, when he messed up and left her to deal with it alone, he couldn’t complain. ”Anyway…“

”I thought you probably wouldn’t want to go home now… Neither do I. So what do you say we go to this hotel down the street and just avoid life for the night?“ Meeting her eyes, there was his famous cheeky smile, playing with the zipper of his bag. ”It sounds bad I know!! But my intentions are pure. I just really don’t want to go home and I already paid for it so…“ He quickly tried to defend himself, laughing lightly.

@/novella - Annie

1 Like

He knew it was a mistake the minute it left his mouth. Hurting her in that way… he never meant for it to sound like that. So when she turned the sentiment back on him, responding with a comment about how Kyra would never act like this, he tried to stop the cascade. “That’s not-” though it was too late because he soon found his daughter turning away from him after uttering that he and Sadie needed to… sort their sh!t out. “Annie… I don’t…”

Though honestly, Jordan didn’t even have an opportunity to get another word out. Rather, he found her walking away from him and he was left regretting ever sentiment that had left his mouth. Fck… what had he done? Jordan closed his eyes, not caring that he was in the middle of the station as he messaged his temple, and then, he went and sat back in one of the seats. Was he that bad of a father? Because honestly… at this point he felt like he was doing a worse job than his own pop. Truthfully… Jordan didn’t know how long he was sitting there before he pulled his phone back out, dialing the number he knew by heart - and once again, finding it go to voicemail.

“Hey… I…” a soft sigh left his lips and he knew that Sadie would understand how he was feeling, even within the miniscule moment. “I bailed Annie out but we had a little fight and she stormed off… I don’t… know where she is but I think she needs time from me…She said she may come back to yours so I just wanted to give you a heads up… Call me when you’re free so we can talk about this.” Another deep breath inhaled, his mind went to Annie’s last words. "Maybe… we should do it in person. I’m going to be home for the rest of the night just call me and I can drive over… probably won’t be able to sleep until I know Annie’s safe with one of us. With that, the call ended and once again, Jordan stat still - replaying every moment that had just happened in his mind again and again.

Timeskip a few hours later

Jordan finally wandered home though it took a long time. Justin was at Yale sleeping in his college dorm and Kyra had a sleepover tonight so at the moment, it was just him alone in a big house. It was something that Jordan had become used to over the years, being alone. After he and Sadie divorced that’s often how it was… unless he had the kids but it always felt so lonely. Though, Jordan found himself sitting at his piano playing random notes just trying to get his mind off everything. He had changed into pajamas - his joggers on though he hadn’t made an effort to put a shirt on. After all, what was the point? His eyes wandered down his arms. Tattoos filled his sleeve - though they all had a meaning. There was one for each of his accomplishments, everything he was proud of. A tattoo that represented each of his children, and even one that was for Sadie. Though that one was a matching tattoo that he never had the heart to cover up. Honestly, no matter what, she was still a part of him and always would be.

Jordan was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a doorbell and he was just hoping… hell praying it was Annie. Walking towards the door, Jordan didn’t even look at the security cam and rather simply opened the door - though, instead of Annie it was Sadie… Monroe who stood in front of him. “Sa… sadie I’m… I didn’t expect you… I’m sorry I just thought you were Annie. I’ve been worried sick for the past few hours… why don’t you come in?” Jordan asked - leaving space so she could walk inside. “I didn’t know if you had gotten my messages… I knew you were working late tonight…”

@novella

2 Likes