Blue Royalty: New Blood

”They’re hiding something” She said as he spoke about the house and the unknown history of it, and who other than her knew a thing or two about hiding something, this was just obvious. But what were they hiding? Was it something that changed the face of America? Or maybe it was supposed to but didn’t? Or was it related to the history of the city? Honestly, when people hide something it’s mostly interesting, so even though a gang of old white men didn’t sound the most thrilling, they had something interesting inside. But what was it?

”I don’t think thats what they’re hiding” she laughed lightly ”but who knows” she added with a shrug as she kept on looking around.
She nodded as he responded to her cry comment, agreeing with his words as it was something not many people would say, but it was the truth ”youre so right” she said and listened to him as he kept talking.

She may have imagined it, or maybe he was in fact scared, but something in his behaviour was weird. Something in the way he talked was weird. It caught her attention, but quietly. ”Yeah- as long as it’s not us who are dead, dead bodies can’t hurt me” she said trying to shake things off her mind, focusing on the creepy location they were in.

Then the light turned off with a mutter from mason, as if he saw something. As he went behind her the girl tried to see what it was he saw in the dark, but she saw nothing. Instead- BOO. The girl slightly jumped out of instinct (not because she was scared), as they boy tried to scare her. ”You piece of sh!t-” she called, lightly pushing him. ”see this is why the old gentlemen guys don’t take you into their club” she added jokingly pointing at him with raised brows

@benitz786

“I think I see something resembling bottles over there.” Leon pointed over to a table in the far corner of the room and Adonis gazed at it. “I see it too, so let’s go” Adonis began walking towards the table. . “Okay, you make a very valid argument.” Adonis chuckled, “Duh”

“Although, in my defence, I don’t have much of a choice in being around Jae.” Adonis shrugged, “True but the rest you did.”

@Caticorn - Leon

1 Like

After the conversation was over and Jackie didn’t know what to do for the rest of the night, and he noticed how most of people here have some interesting stories and inside jokes and drama that everybody comments on, but considering he’s new he knows nothing about any of this and couldn’t join them. He didn’t want this to go on forever so he realized he’d have to find out something that most people don’t already know to join a conversation and spill the beans. He can’t just join a conversation and say “Hey guys did you know this happened?” and state something the whole town has been talking about for weeks. Then he noticed a somewhat familliar person walking around … He wasn’t famous familliar, like he saw somebody from TV, he saw him somewhere and talked to him, but he can’t remember where or who it was or anything. And then … staring at this boy he remembered … ‘Ben - clinic’ just popped into his head and suddenly, like an amnesiac remebering his whole life, he recalled ever detail of their conversation … and he knew … it’s a secret … but not many people know about it. For the sake of his own enjoyement, some drama occuring and fitting in he decided to spill this to everybody and maybe improve upon the truth a little by overexaturating and making it sound better than it is. Jackie did think this wasn’t that big of a deal to spill, but then again it was his only hope, and because of all that and a little bit alcohol in him, he got enough courage to actually go trough with it, but the problem is, nobody would believe him if he just went over to somebody, cut into their conversation just to say that because people will think he’s lying plus he wouldn’t know how to turn the conversation his way. He wanted to do it online or over a text message but he remebered he’s new and he neither has anybody’s phone number nor does anybody from the school know about him and follow him on social media so it would be lost to most students … But he remebered that somehow he was in a SMS group where his Halloween group could chat. This was perfect because if they spread it around, people won’t know who started the rumor aka the truth and if he did it on Instagram people would see who was the first person to post it. Soon enough he could join conversations with at least this group friend.

To → Halloween Group

OMG GUYS! I didn’t know Ben was going to this school!!

Okay so listen, tjis is the alcool talking but I have some teeeaa about himmmmn!

So, don’t judge me for being at the same plave as him, but here’s the story

A few years ago, I was a bit of a ladies man, okay? :sunglasses: So, I had to get tested to see if some of them gave me anything. So, I had nothing but when I was at the hospital I met this guy and we started talking and it was Ben :scream:… Apparently he was there because he had seggs with some girl that was NOT his gf :dizzy_face: and he didn’t want her and his folks to know so he told me not to tell anybody (but since time passes I’m guessing it’s cool nw? :man_shrugging:)

Okay I couldn’t fit it all in that msgb ut let’s get back to the point … He had crabs, and I don’t know if he gave his gf crabs because if he did that would’ve been hilirius!!! :rofl: :skull_and_crossbones: :clown_face:

But don’t tell this to anybody lol, he might still be with the same girrlll :face_with_hand_over_mouth: … Okay I byeee!

@Ouijaloveletters - Ben - mentioned (lol sorry I really wanted some drama and had literally no good secrets)
In Halloween Group:
@Kristi - Luna
@Littlefeets - Carter
@angelic -Lorenzo

2 Likes

{ six feet apart }

Do you know what was worse than feeling terrible? Someone so openly reminding you of that. And in such a… hurtful way. But that was exactly what she expected. No matter what kind of relationship they have… had, all those beautiful times, what she did gave Riker full rights to treat her this way. It just… hurt. And it was just a little reminder of why she still didn’t talk about what happened or tried to talk to him at all. It would lead to this and she was scared.

There was a tiny glimmer of hope when she finally heard Riker’s voice again but it soon disappeared hearing the rest of what he had to say. Her grip on the bottle tightening as she tried hard to remain calm and keep her eyes down on their daughter. Tried hard not to cry when that was all she wanted to and what she’s been doing behind the closed door of their bedroom… she’s not going to do that now. Not yet. This was her chance to finally say something, to almost defend herself and explain why she did what she did… that’s just not what happened. Hearing him ask her about another “business trip” in such a manner made her feel guilty and withdrew to herself all over again. So don’t judge her for assuming he hates her, she was allowed to assume things… it was not wrong to say such a thing… Because he did. How could he not, right? He didn’t deny it. He also didn’t say he doesn’t hate her but… he didn’t deny it. Staying silent was the worst thing he could’ve done and that’s exactly what happened.

Like I sad, this was a perfect opportunity for her to finally speak up but all she wanted was some alone time to collect her thoughts. He wouldn’t mind that… it didn’t look like he wanted her there so… No. She should be there and she wanted to be there but it was still too much. So that’s why she asked him to take Lexie… giving him the only thing that was making him happy in that room. But when he took her it was hard to walk away again, it was not right and luckily him continuing speaking made her stay… And made things worse for Elodie. That whole time she didn’t say a thing, as usually when things got hard she was silent. She was just looking at their girl he was holding, avoiding his gaze as she was tightly holding onto the counter that was behind her. All until she heard him whispering - the moment she looked up at him with hurt in her eyes but he was already walking away. ”W-“ her own voice barely a whisper, a fail to stop him. ”Wait… don’t… walk away.“

Standing where she was and looking at the same spot, where Riker was not long ago, was all Elodie did. Unable to move. For a while that’s really all she could do, her heart beating just a bit faster. Her hand still tightly gripping the edge of the counter, until she heard footsteps above her that finally made her move. Lexie was probably asleep right now so it was just the two of them… Slowly walking up the stairs, going over what she wanted to say, Elodie could still feel her heart racing. Going over what she wanted to say… okay, let me be honest. She had no idea what she wanted to or say, she just had to do it. ”I…“ turning the corner was when she almost bumped into her husband as he was closing Lexie’s door. Opening her mouth to say something, she almost froze again giving him a chance to just walk by her but she quickly mumbled the first thing that came to her mind. ”You can’t say that and… not give me a chance to respond… If you want to talk I’m waiting downstairs,“ it was hard to look him in the eyes that whole time but she managed. Managed to keep her voice sweet and then walk away like he did.

@benitz786

1 Like

Silent tears fell from Embry’s eyes as listened to Daiane and she had to remind herself that the two of them were not the only people in the room. Get it together, Bry. She scolded herself as she attempted to regain her composure, swiping at her eyes. The reality of the situation was that no matter how she felt, she and Dai were done. They’d had their time and while it was one of the best times of her life, the unfortunate circumstances that led to the end of it couldn’t be ignored and they couldn’t turn back the clock, no matter how hard they tried. It was times like this when she envied Demi’s ability to carry on with Jae and Sato, acting as if the incident had never happened.

“Dai-” She cut herself off as she tried to find the right words to say. The feeling was strange as Embry usually knew exactly what to say, but seeing Dai fall apart in front of her threw her off. She took a deep breath to help her collect her thoughts as she put her hand on top of Daiane’s. “I still want to have you in my life.” She confessed, finally finding the words. Even if Dai didn’t agree, she thought that she might as well get it out there. “If not as my girlfriend, then as my friend.” She quickly added, in case the latter option was more appealing to her.

“Can I kiss you?”

Those four words were enough to leave Embry completely speechless. Of all the things she thought Dai would say next, that was not one of them and at first, she didn’t know how to respond.
She paused as she tried to process it, trying to figure out what Dai was thinking or if there was some ulterior motive. It was only when Daiane began apologizing that she snapped back to reality, seeing the look of regret on the other girl’s face. Despite this, she knew that she wouldn’t regret what she was going to say. “Yes,” She answered, looking her in the eyes, a reassuring smile on her face. “, you may.”

@unsungcheerio - Daiane

2 Likes

Had Quinn gone too far in what he said to Amelia, of course, and he knew he crossed a line. That being said, he was standing by his statement. She knew what it was like to have a twin, but in his mind, as long as Phoebe was safe and sound, Amelia would never understand what he was feeling. Quinn was someone who would say and do things, even knowing it would hurt them, anyway, and maybe it was grief or simply he didn’t have Finch to hold him back, but his tolerance was extremely low and he simply didn’t care about trying to soften things. “Don’t give me the f***ing speech about what you think my sister would say to me, DeLoughrey.” Though, Quinn knew better than anyone that Finch would be telling him to get his act together and at least try to be less of an a-hole to everyone around him, and she would most likely have told him to at least be nicer to Amie. “You really think you’re so special, and know how I should act. You have the perfect f**’ing life, a perfect family, and you’re just a goodie two-shoes, teachers pet, that doesn’t understand anything about the f**ked up s*’t everyone around you deals with. But I guess that’s because everyone walks on eggshells around you because you wouldn’t be able to handle it. You think you know so much better, try being someone who doesn’t have everyone look at them like they’re this perfect, innocent child.”

@benitz786

3 Likes

“People are talking about us?”

“No, It’s nothing like that. I just overheard a conversation that happened around me. That’s all.” Her face was starting to get hot from embarrassment, but she wanted to show that she was nonchalant. In her head she was thinking why did I bring that up.

The last thing Karen wanted was to be standing in a dimly lit hallway, talking about the paranormal, but it was Halloween after all.

“Only about 4 or 5 of them.”

“Okay, well that’s a lot in my book.” Karen took back the book from Luna and flipped through the pages. “I did play Three Kings Cross with a group of people when i was in middle school but…of course nothing happened. I don’t believe in these games but I still don’t want to take any-” All of a sudden, she heard a loud meow that sounded like it came from behind them. She quickly turned around and saw a black cat walking towards them. “Uh, what is this cat doing in here?” She smiled as she walked towards it and picked it up. She checked the other end of the hallway and noticed one of the doors that led outside were open. “It looks like I have a new pet. I hope this isn’t bad luck?” She said with a smirk.

@Kristi - Luna

1 Like

Destiny couldn’t help but nod her head when Neveah listed the things that happened at most parties. “The last time I went to one was last weekend. It’s been too long. I’m just waiting to see who is going to get drunk and make a fool out of themselves.”

She wanted to see how people she has never partied with act in this setting. She was starting to think she will be disappointed.

“Well I’m glad I didn’t see that.”

“Oh God, he’s right there.” She pointed to the doorway, She doubted she would want to look because then she would have to get her eyes bleached. sigh I don’t know why he couldn’t just check what size the shorts were before he bought them.” She whispered while looking away.

Neveah explained that people usually thought she was more reserved than she was. “Well, you’re well spoken and very poised. Maybe that’s why.” She said. “Me on the other hand, the complete opposite.”

@Kristi - Neveah

1 Like

Reuben entered the scene with that suave little smirk on his face, feeling rather manly on this fine hallow’s eve. He came dressed in a 20’s working class guy outfit, matching with Daiane the flapper of course. Mans looked corny as hell in this little get up. Good thing someone would probably take it off later. This will be so fun. Now, now, who’s sleeping bag would be on top of his tonight?? His question was soon answered when a beautiful woman with long, silky, brown hair by the name of Mireya walked in. The man stared down her skimpy little outfit.

Some might say that a man should be at least a little upset when the woman he’s in a sort of… situation with wears something revealing. Not in a way that he controls her every move, but enough for her to see that he cares. Personally though, Reuben’s never been that guy! He takes life in a very relaxed way, you know? He’s got it handled!! And he knows it. He is calm… in a way that makes him seem almost numb?? But he’s also way too soft to be like that all the time. If she were an ex that he still loved, yeah he’d be upset seeing her dressed like that because what if it’s for someone else? And he’d be sad. Currently though, this flame is just sparking up, and he’d be wrong not to enjoy it.

What was she?? A good clown gone bad?? Funny story, not so funny for Reuben, he’s always been terrified of clowns. Did he also wear a clown costume at the first party of the year that wasn’t halloween themed though? Hells yes. Don’t ask me to explain that man to you. He couldn’t even explain it himself.

Anyways, the costume would be kind of a mood killer if he didn’t just brush it off. His h0rniness trumps all of his fears. He also could not be the boyish scaredy cat, not tonight. Today, he’s got Mireya’s back. And will fight off any scary ghouls they stumble upon. I mean, not really, they’re just guys in suits, but his oblivious self will definitely wrap his arms around her when she pretends to be afraid of them. Be like “I gotchu, baby.” Cocky ass.

Soon, she started with the “Well, well, well” And Reuben knew it was about to get good. Their chemistry was quite impressive, if he does say so himself. “Not as much as it fits you, Miss Mischief.” He teased back. Moments like this make life feel so easy. Just the two of them in their silly costumes, farrrrr from their groups that Reuben totally forgot to check for because he got distracted by her highness, happy, connected, real. Reuben was gonna need these memories for later.

@angelic - mireya

@unsungcheerio daiane mentioned

2 Likes

“No, It’s nothing like that. I just overheard a conversation that happened around me. That’s all.” So people were talking about her, great. Luna had tried her whole life to make herself invisible in this school, making yourself visible would just cause you trouble here and get you a let of enemies from people who loved the popularity. “S-so what did you hear?” She asked.

“I did play Three Kings Cross with a group of people when i was in middle school but…of course nothing happened. I don’t believe in these games but I still don’t want to take any-” Karen began to blabber, fortunately her blabbering was stopped by the sigh of a black cat. “Uh, what is this cat doing in here?” Karen picked it up and turned to her, “It looks like I have a new pet. I hope this isn’t bad luck?” Luna petted the black cat, she didn’t believe in the whole ‘black cats bring bad luck’ thing because after all have you seen black cats? They were adorable, small and her favorite breed of cats. “He doesn’t seem like he could bring us bad luck.” She said as she gently touched its fur.

@kbail - Karen

1 Like

“The last time I went to one was last weekend. It’s been too long. I’m just waiting to see who is going to get drunk and make a fool out of themselves.” Nevaeh smirked, “Hopefully someone makes a fool out of themselves soon, to spice up this bland party.” She put a finger under her chin, she was right about Destiny- well then again when has she ever been wrong about a person?

“Oh God, he’s right there.” Nevaeh froze, there was no way she would turn away. She stared directly into Destiny’s eyes and smiled, “Has he gone?” She asked. sigh I don’t know why he couldn’t just check what size the shorts were before he bought them.” Nevaeh shrugged, “I guess he enjoys to torture people.” What a weirdo the guy seemed to be. “So how long have you been in the school?” Nevaeh asked as she brought Destiny to a place for them to sit.

“Well, you’re well spoken and very poised. Maybe that’s why.” Nevaeh smiled, “Hmm you think I’m well spoken?” She arched a brow, “Me on the other hand, the complete opposite.” Destiny continued. “We are probably more similar than you think.” Nevaeh crossed her arms and gave her a bright smile, “In more ways than one.”

@Kbail -Nevaeh

Karen gulped.“Umm, it was basically just a conversation at lunch… and I heard someone say did you see Luna and Benjamin together?..and the other person said yeah they’re probably dating or something.” She didn’t tell the full story because there were some snarky comments made by the people having the conversation.

Karen continued to hold the cat in her arms and surprisingly, it didn’t scratch her. It already seemed used to humans. “Yeah she…”
She looked under the cats tail. “Or he…Is definitely adorable.”
She wished she could keep it but she already had three dogs at home. “What do you think his name would be? I would name him midnight.”
There was no reason to name this cat since she wasn’t adopting him or anything, but the name midnight just stood out to her even though it was cliche. She put the cat back on the floor, who was now purring. “Awww, I don’t think he wants me to go.” Truly it was Karen who didn’t want to leave. “Luna, you must adopt it now or it’s going to go back out into the cold.” She dramatically gestured to the door where it came from. Being in too many plays has definitely gotten to her.

@Kristi - Luna

1 Like

. “Umm, it was basically just a conversation at lunch… and I heard someone say did you see Luna and Benjamin together?..and the other person said yeah they’re probably dating or something.” Karen gulped. Luna could tell that wasn’t the full story but decided not to say anything about that, “Oh, I wonder what Benjamin thinks about the rumors.”

“What do you think his name would be? I would name him midnight.” Luna looked at the cat again, she ran her fingers through its soft fur “Your name sounds better than what I had in mind.” Luna told Karen as she stared at the cat, “I wanted to name him Onyx or Nightshade.” She carefully took ‘midnight’ into her arms, “But midnight sounds better” She laughed gently. Luna wished she could take it home with her but she was worried about her step family and what they would do to the cat. Luna gave the cat back to Karen and she dropped it on the floor, causing the cat to purr. Luna smiled at how adorable it was being, “Awww, I don’t think he wants me to go.” Karen said, “Luna, you must adopt it now or it’s going to go back out into the cold.” Luna’s eyes widened, “I-I w-would l-love to but… uh why cant you?” She didn’t want to leave the cat to die of coldness but she wasn’t too sure about bringing it home.

@Kbail - Karen

1 Like

Hurt didn’t even begin to describe how Amie was feeling at his words… at his actions. Sure, Amelia and Quinn were never truly friends… even growing up after a… particular incident… but she cared about his sister. And as Amie cared for Finch, Finch cared about Quinn which meant that now… someone needed to do what Finch couldn’t and help him… lookout for him. But… god damn it… how could she do that if he always… reacted like this? She found herself flinching as he raised his voice at her. However, what hurt more than anything else was the fact that he was judging her for having a “perfect” family. Right… perfect… with her mother leaving for the past four months everything was… perfect. With the way men used her… like Maxon, simply because she didn’t sleep around. Right. Perfect. However, to anyone on the outside looking in - she knew that was how it seemed - even if it was far from the truth.

Amie tried to distance herself from his words - reminding herself that he didn’t mean it… hopefully. He was… after all… hurting. That didn’t mean that his words didn’t hurt… that it didn’t kill her inside to know that was how people viewed her… as someone who needed to be babied. But… she didn’t say anything, she simply looked at him with hurt in her blue eyes, waiting until he was done and the moment he was, she wrapped her arms around him and tightly hugged him. Was it a good idea to hug the man that was quite literally yelling profanities moments earlier? Maybe not - but Quinn had lost his twin… a person who was a piece of him and she had her doubts that anyone had taken the time out of their day to do so… especially with the way he acted. Attempting to ignore his previous words, she continued in a soft voice, as difficult as it was. “It’s okay to let your guard down sometimes Quinn… Finch wouldn’t want you to throw your life away because of what happened to her… so please… just… know that I’m here,”

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

”Okay, so we are doing this now,” Elio let out a laugh mixed with a scoff. ”What? is this not a good time for you? It never is I guess.” Elio was the type to talk things out and get things figured out, but he always seemed to just brush things off his shoulder and instead of finding closure, just ignoring. ”right, the game… He said back to her as she let the game be the excuse for this time. Who cared about the game when it came to real life and real feelings? ”seems like all this is anymore.” He stated under his breathe but loud enough that she would be able to hear. She may have broken their eye contact to look at the two boys who just couldn’t keep their eyes off of them, but Elio made sure to look at her the whole time.

”leave this alone” His familiar laugh left his lips again, this time more of a cocky tone mixed in. Leave it alone? always do. He was over this all at this point. He let his hand find his hair as he ran it through and finally looked away from her. ”Yeah, I’m actually sure they will, Elio, because that’s something they would always do, and something that you continuously fail to do,” Elio found himself biting the inside of his cheek at he comments. Was he supposed to be happy right now and just want her to go and hang out with two other guys when there were matters far more serious worth talking about? “Are you insane? What are you even talking about Lenora?” He asked her, his tone louder than before as his words were intermixed with his arms extending out. “You know what? Do whatever the hell you want. Go f^kkk them how about? Sure, that’s all they want. He wanted to turn and walk away but his feet seemed stuck to the ground, but he couldn’t look at her in the eyes anymore.

@CerealKiller
@novella
@astxrism

3 Likes

Leon followed Adonis as he began walking. “Yeah, you’re right.” He responded to Adonis pointing out that he had a choice. “Clearly I didn’t inherit my dad’s character judgement skills.” He added with a small laugh. When he reached the table, he began examining the bottles, picking them up to read the labels. Finding the bottles he needed, he picked up a cup and began mixing himself a drink. “For the record, as much as my sister is a loose cannon, her behaviour is mostly my fault.” He admitted as he picked up his drink. “Now, I’m not saying that I condone anything she’s done, I just understand why she does it.” He said, taking a sip of the drink.

@Kristi - Adonis

“Old white men hiding something? When are they not?” Mason questioned looking around the hallway. It did seem… like it had been a long time since anyone had been there before them. Cobwebs filled the room, and it wouldn’t be a far stretch to say there were more than one…‘creepy crawlies’ around - including bugs, mice, and likely so many other undiscovered species seeing how old this place was. Besides the paintings of the men, the rest of the hall, however, seemed oddly untouched - only leading farther down the hall. There was the chipping of paint amongst the hallway, and Mason was… well… surprised that the lights even still worked - as dim as they may be. Despite the… creepiness of it all, however, he did enjoy the company. “I’m sure we’ll be fine Olivia, don’t worry… I won’t let anything happen to you… feel free to push me in front of the ax-wielding zombie if there are any,” he added, carefully walking forward with only the sounds of creaking below them filling the room in between their words.

So maybe he chose to scare her… just a little bit to serve as a distraction to the fact that they were in… well a horror movie with no end. Honestly, they had already been walking for a few minutes and had seen nothing as of yet making him wonder if they would ever get out of this endless trap they had found themselves stuck in. “Don’t worry, I never wanted to be in the club anyways” he noted at her words, though his voice trailed off as they finally reached a room. Cobwebs or not, the room was… extravagant… and reminded him that of a ballroom. There were broken pieces of wood that filled the floor, alongside dust that emerged with every step they took further into the hall. A chandelier that was still hanging was in the middle of the room, and drew his attention to a lion symbol engraved on the floor. Perhaps it was a mascot for this odd… club, either way… it was… eeiry. Taking a step into the room - after all it was not like the hidden door lead anywhere else - Mason walked towards what looked like a switch and with a click, the entire room came to life. The lights seemed to be working fine… at least for now and finally he could see the entire room clearly. The moment the lights turned on, music begin playing as the sound of pre-recorded violins begin filling the room. “What the hell?” he whispered walking in before putting his hand out to help Olivia. “Secret society of partygoers?” Mason asked, walking deeper inside with Olivia’s hand in his ignoring the music, though he found himself kicking something on accident. Looking down, he found an old journal and without hesitation, picked it up - opening it to find cursive handwriting filling the first page.

“Property of Rebekah Azure,” his eyes widened slightly, the name… seeming familiar though he couldn’t place his finger on why. “So… this is weird. Mind helping me look for a way out? There seems to be… a lot of ways to go.” Mason stated, keeping the journal in his hands as he looked at the halls in front of them.

@CerealKiller

Mentioned: @Littlefeets ish?

3 Likes

Safe Inside

He left her standing there - similar to how she did months before, though he only went up to his daughter’s bedroom… not god knows wherever with god knows whoever. Trust Riker… he had called… texted… everyone she knew only to hear nothing… and after a time, he gave up. He didn’t even…fcking know if she was alive for those first few days. She had put him through that - a pain that truly was… unimaginable. If Elo wanted to be found, she would come back… he knew that… but she didn’t. Not for four months. Four months of misery and even when she returned, nothing had changed. He still… felt hollow… broken… and maybe even more so since she returned.

Riker looked at the crib situated right in the middle of the room, but for a while, Riker simply basked in the silence of the room that both he and Elo decorated before this little beauty was born. “How are you dealing with this baby girl?” Riker whispered to the tired girl as he held her little body against his - supporting her head so she could sleep peacefully. A soft coo left her lips and brought a smile to his lips - truly the only thing that could bring a smile on his features now-a-days. “Better than me then? I hope so…” he muttered, rocking her slightly. His mind was awry - and honestly, he felt… suffocated by this home. Not by his daughter… by his kids… but by her. By the woman he had met his vows to… how was he… god he couldn’t even sleep in the same room as her let alone be in the same room as her without hurting. He couldn’t help but wonder what she… had been doing over the past few months… but did he even want to know?

After rocking for a few minutes, he found that his child had finally fallen asleep in his arms, and gently, he laid her down in her bed before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Despite her being asleep, however, he didn’t move. He stayed in that room for another hour… just… thinking. What the hell was he supposed to do with these… feelings of… he didn’t even know what to call it. But for a moment… he knew. He didn’t… want to do this… but he… He needed to do what she had done… and just leave, if only for a little while. Take a break from her… figure out what he wanted without her around him and who he was without her. With that, he finally walked out of the room, and again, the moment he set his eyes on his wife, his heart dropped. He did, still love her and forever would. She had his heart, as broken as it was in this moment. He heard her words, her sentiment of waiting downstairs, and watched as she walked downstairs. However, he didn’t follow immediately. Instead, he went to their room for the first time in days. Grabbing a suitcase, Riker picked what he thought he’d need - and with that, he finally walked to the living room where she was waiting.

“I"m… I"m going to go Elodie.” those were the first words that left his lips the moment he reached the last staircase. The pain… the hurt was clear in his eyes as he met hers. “I know you want to talk… about this. I just… I’m not ready for that… yet… I need… I need to get away from you right now before I do something I really regret… and maybe it’s not fair to either of us. Maybe I’m not being an adult about this - but right now, I just can’t Elodie. You… hurt me. You broke me… and I don’t… I can’t be in this house while you’re here right now. I feel like a shell of who I’ve been over the last 20 years and… now that you’re back, I need you to look after that beautiful girl upstairs who needs her mother and has needed her mother over the past four months and our other children while I take a breather without you. Either that, or I’ll take Lexie with me but I think she needs time with you and you need time with her so I’m not going to be selfish here unless you ask me to. But either way, I’m leaving tonight,” with that, he looked at her eyes - waiting for a simple word. A simple sentiment that she’d look after their daughter before he did what she had, and left.

@astxrism

3 Likes

Daiane was used to pretending, used to faking smiles when in truth she felt anything but happy. She was used to being the shoulder, the comfort, and in all honesty, she preferred it that way. She was not used to this, to public tears, to tearful confessions, to standing emotionally bare in front of someone without running in the opposite direction… Dai felt exposed, like a private part of her was being shown, and she wanted nothing more than to wrap herself up and hide. It was exhausting, this was, and she couldn’t… she couldn’t see how their relationship could much improve after. She had to wonder: was it worth it?

A new added weight to her hand refocused her attention, and Dai glanced down to see Embry’s soft hand placed on top of her own. She’d almost forgotten how much she had missed this familiar feeling of its presence. But this surprise was nothing compared to what she felt at Embry’s next words. Her heart skipped a beat and Dai looked up sharply, eyes wide. “What?” She breathed. “What do you- oh.” Friend. She wasn’t sure if she would really be okay with just being Embry’s friend, but… if that was what Embry wanted, she would accommodate, she would be a friend; maybe it would be painstaking to listen to her talk about girls she liked, or to help her get ready for dates, or even be in her presence without pulling her close, holding her or kissing her but she’d manage. Because Embry as a friend was better than no Embry at all. So… “Sure,” she said, forcing a small smile. “We can… we can be friends, if that’s what you want. I’d…” Daiane flipped her hand over, catching Embry’s so that she could give it a small squeeze. “I’d like that.”

The longer her words held in the air between them, the more Dai began to second guess them. Even as they faded into silence, they still rang loudly in her mind and she wanted nothing more than to pull them back from wherever words went after they were spoken. 'Cause why why why had she even for a moment thought that would be a good thing to say—the regret was displayed clearly across her face, and amplified through the rambling apologies pouring from her mouth. She was contemplating running away (maybe that was a better option than having to stand here and bask in humiliation) before Embry’s “yes” cut through the frantic noise of her thoughts. Daiane stilled, her eyes rising in surprise to meet Embry’s reassuring expression. “Okay,” she whispered after a momentary pause. Dai shortened the distance between them, a hand reaching up to cup Embry’s cheek, before she leaned in, pressing her lips to hers.

The regrets faded away with the kiss, and Dai was left with the total certainty that this wasn’t a mistake at all. It felt… right. Did she have ulterior motives? Maybe. But kissing Embry was something she did want to do, had wanted to do from the moment they’d broken up. In the back of her mind, she knew that this kiss didn’t mean they’d get back together—likely the complete opposite as she’d labelled it as their last—but, hell, was it easy to get lost in her, to forget all of that and pretend, even for just a moment. But that’s all it was, really, a couple of moments of bliss, before Dai gently pulled back, not wanting to make the kiss longer than Embry was comfortable with. She gazed at her silently, not sure what to say or do, a soft smile curving her lips.

@Caticorn

2 Likes

~❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛~

~❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛-❅♛~

There was not a better morning for Jayleen than to find her face and name placed among the first Blue Bloods of the class. A big grin was on her face ever since she woke up, earning the attention of her brother (as usual) who teased her about it. “You already have a boyfriend?” the boy even said, cutting her smile for a while.

Well, the celebration is, of course, only supposed to be temporary as the game had just started. Her heart began to beat fast as she read some of the comments under the announcement, threatened by them even though she really didn’t want to. Well, anyway, that doesn’t matter for now. As long as she maintained and kept her points above everyone else, there wouldn’t be a problem.

Hopefully.

Now it was Halloween. Jayleen wasn’t particularly fond of the event and the fact that she had to wear silly costumes, but necessities must be done after all. Wearing probably the most simple costumes, she went into the venue. She wasn’t sure what to do, but her instinct was to find her groupmates… or groupmate. A shy smile crossed her face as she saw—if she wasn’t mistaken—Athena Lee, who wasn’t with another groupmate of them. They were wearing what it looked like a simple outfit like her as well, which made her not feel too insecure about the lack of effort she put on for tonight.

“Hey, you’re Athena Lee, right?” she asked as she arrived to their side, waving. “I don’t know how this works but… happy halloween?” She awkwardly giggled.

@Caticorn - Athena Lee
Sorry this seemed turd writing :flushed:

1 Like