Book suggestions for people who love Percy Jackson

Hey there! I love reading the Percy Jackson series and I know some of the other users on the forums do too, so here are some book recommendations for people who love Percy Jackson!

• Any of Rick Riordan’s other series - Heroes of Olympus (continues the story of Camp Half-Blood and introduces Roman Demigods), The Kane Chronicles (Siblings who are Egyptian magicians and descendants of the pharaohs - it’s pretty cool), Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (Norse demigods - the main character is the cousin of Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series) and the Trials of Apollo (As a punishment, Apollo gets placed in the body of a sixteen year old and has to earn his immortality back)

• Any of the Rick Riordan Presents books - Books written by authors about their culture’s mythology including Mayan, Korean, and Indian

• The Seven Wonders series by Peter Lerangis - Based on Greek mythology and the seven wonders of the ancient world

• The Mark of the Thief series by Jennifer Nielsen - A teenage slave in ancient Rome must master the magic of the gods to save Rome and earn his freedom

• The Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull - Two siblings discover a safe haven for mythical creatures in their uncle’s backyard

• The Savage Fortress by Sarwat Chadda - Recommended by Rick Riordan; centers around Indian mythology

If you’ve read any of these books/series, feel free to share your thoughts on them. Please share any other recommendations you may have!

9 Likes

Not demigods! They are Magicians, the most powerful of the magicians (including Carter and Sadie) are the descendants of Egyptian Pharoahs.

3 Likes

Right. Thanks for pointing that out. It’s been a while since I read those books.

4 Likes

You’ve just been corrupted by the Egyptian demigods in CHB.

3 Likes

Yeah, I probably have

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging: It was easier for continuity what can I say :joy:

2 Likes

I really liked Bartimaeus, which isn’t really based on any mythology but is incredibly interesting and has magic.

Closed due to inactivity