Bridgerton Character Question Thread #4 - DandelionKate

idea first date?
what will you name your first child?
Your second?
thoughts on lady Whistledown?

2 Likes

ok now the questions been asked let’s play a fine game of ranking. In this game you most and it a most rank the looks of the people i mentioned on a metric of 0-10, 0 being they are worst than ugly they look like they came crawling for hell and 10 being they are of eye catching beauty.

1. Viscount Augustus of Hatchermans

2. Lord Ilyas of Keats

3. Her high lady Belle of the Fleurs

4. Earl Harrison of the Davis

5. Mr. Bainbridge Brantley

6. His sister, Miss Abigail Brantley

7.Lady Joane of Claimond

1. . Lady Azucena of the Osunas

9 Mr Nikhl Metha

10.Lord Edmud of the Wycliff

11 Lady Maiseie of the rutherfonds

1. Lord Archibald?

13.Lady Margaret?

14.Lady Dorothea
15. Lady Donatella
16. Lady Albina?
17. Lord Baylor?
18.Lord Finch?
19.Lady Adeline?
20. lord atlas
21. Lady Aurelia?
22. Mr.Bruce
23. Prince Magnus
24. Cassian
25. Bridget

3 Likes

as of always probably :joy: unless the ending numbers are unbalanced. I don’t wanna mess up the balance

2 Likes

Given that I have no title of my own, the social status of any potential partner would hold great weight. However, given the fact that a women would be marrying into my station rather than I hers, were my affections genuine, it could be deemed advantageous. I have not much to gain, even from the most auspicious of marriages, other than social praise. So, were I to find a lady who captured my heart, I reckon I might forgive much, for she too would need to extend her grace, given the circumstances of my birth.

I harbor no disdain for those of impaired faculties. And, my coffers are amply replenished by my own means so a large dowry is not necessary. Yet, the notion of wooing a lady beset with impairments does give me pause, I confess. It is not a matter of societal perception, but rather my own inclinations. A lady who cannot hear my words nor behold the world’s marvels by my side does not align with the life I lead and cherish. Nonetheless, if I were to discover my heart entwined with such a lady, my convictions may alter.

Height is one of the more insignificant of attributes. Tall or short in stature, a fair lady remains fair, regardless of height’s measure.

1 Like

The Brantley family have a long history of weaponized incompetence. They feed off of those around them then portray themselves as innocents. A family of leeches that desires nothing more than to primp and preen amongst the upper echelons, so they trample heedlessly upon all who cross their path toward their ascent. The very crimson they spill in pursuit of their desires seems to leave them unstained, such is their disregard. Heartless people, the lot of them. It is a pity, despite their striving for acceptance, their lineage has not sired a speck of elegance or grace in their offspring.
Bainbridge, too, is seemingly bereft of the refinement so fervently pursued by his clan. He would sooner kiss the foot of a titled man than hold any true opinion of his own. Gaudishly flashing about money he did not earn, a testament to his poor taste and lack of decorum. It would come as no surprise if he too were as spindly as the spider that wove his family’s incompetence and cunning deceit.

Although I am not in want of a bride, the undeniable truth remains that the bonds of matrimony shall beckon eventually. In that instance, any lady I endeavor to court must carry a particular disposition. She must be more than patient, adept at maintaining an estate on her own, and willing to bear long expanses of time without my company. A romantic alliance is not my aim, but rather a companion whose essence harmonizes with my way of life.

Why do any of us consider a friend, a friend? What an odd question. Ilyas and I grew in the most uncertain of times together. We shared each others pains. We helped each other laugh. We spent many seasons together as a formidable duo when we were away from hearth and home. What more might I have considered him other than a brother and a close friend?

Once, yes, I had the honor of finding a love that set my soul alight. In my youth, I found myself engaged to be wed to her by the blessings of those above.

I have many wounds from that night. Some markings laid bare for all to see, while others delve deeper still. My arms, it seems, bore the brunt of those searing wounds, though the memories of that fateful day and the anguish it bore remain a haze, elusive and distant.

That is quite personal, though, I suppose in simplest terms: I fear others.

The daughter of the Brantley name. She is by far the least insidious of the members, yet she too pumps the blood of her villainous forefathers in her veins. It is a shame as I hear she is quite lovely and kind. My hope for her is that she may marry and distance herself from her kin.

I have not had the pleasure, but I hear she is quite a competitive intellectual. I would find it quite strange to discourse so fervently with a woman, however, I do hope to experience her ferocious desire for knowledge firsthand.

I have made my thoughts on Miss Belle Rose quite clear, I believe. I do not wish to waste more breath describing her shortcomings.

I have been lucky in my endeavors across much of Europe and Asia. I was even most fortunate to accompany my father on a trip to Northern Africa once as a boy. I believe the location is still held by the Ottoman to this day. The only venture I have yet to undertake is the colonies. I do hope to visit one day.

I resided in France my entire boyhood. In the year of 1803, I would have been just shy of 14 years. I was often in academy if I were not home, yet I did not see much of any wartime influence. However, my father was approached by the French military some years prior. For what, I could not say, but their meetings did not seem of a friendly visitation.

I do not enjoy the prospect of siring children of my own, however, the need for heirs remains for all men of import. Save for the obligations thrust upon me by my family’s trade, I would willingly embrace a life as an eternal bachelor.

I have ventured to both places. The land of India yields bountiful quantities of wares in both spice and textile, which have found favor in my business pursuits. During my latest visit, I happened upon a multitude of enchanting sights, guided by a most delightful companion. The experience proved enlightening and unveiled many new perspectives.

Since Miss Abigail loves to read, I should trust she has no trouble reviewing my previous responses. In short, Korea has been my most treasured of travels.

You must have me mistaken, dear inquisitor, for as talented I am a rider, I should rather be hunted myself than join the Brantley’s in recreation. The fox is a treasured animal in Korean culture, I should never implore to spill the blood of such a creature. Although, I suspect the Brantley’s shed not for blood spill.

1 Like

I do not hold such ideals. However, I have always enjoyed a promenade when forced into such endeavors. Particularly at night, however scandalous it may seem to others.

I suppose the name depends on the sex of the child, however, I have not given much thought to the matter. As long as there is an heir, my wife shall handle the issue of naming.

I find the woman quite amusing. Using insights of the ton to expose their most heinous of secrets while profiting off the of the knowledge that each member desires nothing more than to berate and cast judgement upon the others. She is quite genius in my opinion, a label I do not grant lightly. Profiting off of the worst aspects of high society is quite brilliant.

1 Like

I find the young Viscount to hold a boyish charm. I am sure he will do quite well this season. 7.

If I were to be born of another body, Ilyas would be in my favor undoubtedly. 10.

Such high esteem for such a lowly woman. However much it pains me, I must cast accurately. For her features hold great beauty despite her heart growing black. I do wish I could cast her lower, however, her beauty is quite taking. 10.

A rugged man who holds his weight well. 8.

Unlike Miss Belle Rose, Mr. Brantley’s face befits his station and charm. 0.

As kind as she may be, I cannot overlook her family’s slights. Her features also do not please me in any sense. 4.

I have heard rumors her portrait has inspired art and music alike. She is quite lovely. 9.

Nothing remarkable about the woman other than her unseemly fashion. 5.

A fine man with a fine family. 8.

Unremarkable at best, 5.

Quite beautiful indeed. 7.

Although I quite enjoy his unyielding disposition, his face is burly and nearly always consumed by a deep frown. 6.

In all my travels, I have yet to witness beauty quite like Lady Margaret’s. 10.

Her features befit a noble English woman. She is beautiful, but my favor lies elsewhere. 6.

Her features are quite striking. 8.

Although lovely, she holds a girlish beauty like that of a younger sister. 6.

A man I respect, but his looks, I must admit, I do not admire. 4.

Quite handsome indeed. His face is also one that holds nobility within its features. 7.

Equally as beautiful as Lady Margaret in nearly every way. 9.

Fairly handsome for a lad his age. 6.

I am not quite taken with her. 6.

Ranking him would be equivalent to ranking a child. I shall pass on this one.

I suppose ranking the crown Prince lowly would be considered in poor taste. 8.

He reminds me much of my departed older cousin. 7.

A fine woman of not much note. 6.

4 Likes

just cause I wanna know

What are your thoughts of Lady Adeline?

What are your thoughts of Lord Atlas?

What are your pet peeves/icks?

What if you were to wake up and realized you were a lady?

Do you prefer a lady who is independent or dependent of you?

2 Likes

lets play a fun game of bed, execute or wed
this is how we play it, i give you three different optinions and you will put either of them into the category of ‘bed’ ‘execute’ or ‘wed’

all most play

lets start with the girls

1. Belle, Abigail, Margo
  1. Aurelia, Bridget, Priti
  1. Dorothea, Albina, Maise
  1. Joane, Donatella, Azucena
  1. Adeline, Belle, Abigail
  1. Margo, Aurelia, Bridget
  1. Priti, Dorothea, Albina
  1. Maise, Joane, Donatella
  1. Azucena, Adeline, Belle
  1. Abigail, Margo, Aurelia
  1. Bridget, Priti, Dorothea
  1. Donatella, Azucena, Adeline
2 Likes

Answer this set of questions please!

1. What’s your love language?
  • Physical touch
  • Words of affirmations
  • Acts of service
  • Gift giving
  • Quality time
  • Two or more!
  1. Love is … ?
  • Loyal
  • Friendship
  • Constant
  • Spontaneous
  1. Who’s your favorite Disney couple?
  • Cinderella and Prince Charming
  • Tiana and Prince Naveen
  • Aladdin with Princess Jasmine
  • Ariel and Prince Eric
  • Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder
  • Mulan and Shang
  • Snow White and Prince Florian
  • Belle and the Beast
  • Aurora and Prince Phillip
  • Anna and Kristoff
  1. What’s your favorite book trope?
  • Found family
  • Enemies to lovers
  • Friends to lovers
  • Soulmates
  • Forbidden love
  • Rich + poor
  • Fake relationship
  • Stuck together
  1. What’s your ideal kind of proposal
  • Public and extravagant
  • Public and reserved
  • Private and extravagant
  • Private and reserved
  • No proposal - we’ll just be together
  1. What future relationship status do you hope for?
  • Married/civil union
  • Domestic partnership/cohabitation
  • Non-monogamous/open
    -Single - no partner
  1. How many children would you like?
  • Less than two
  • Two to four
  • Four +
  • No children
  1. What’s a red flag to you?
  • Rude to service workers
  • Stubborn
  • Dishonest
  • Prideful
  • Judgmental
  • Manipulative
  • Too selfless
  1. What’s a green flag to you?
  • Empathy
  • Self-awarenes
  • Vulnerability
  • Decisiveness
  • Confidence
  • Proactive
  • Dependable
  • Attentive
  1. What are your career aspirations
  • Medicine/social services
  • The arts
  • STEM
  • Politics/international relations
  • Fincance
  • Education
  • Agriculture
  • Business management

And last, but not least
Are you in love?

• No, and I’m not looking
  • No, but I’d like to be
  • Yes, and I’m happy
  • IDK
2 Likes

we doing the boys now:

1. Archibald, Ambrose, Bruce
  2. Finch, Cassian, Prince Magnus
  3. Baylor, Harrison, Edmund
  4. Bainbridge, Augustus, Ilyas
  5. Atlas, Archibald, Ambrose
  6. Bruce, Finch, Cassian
  7. Prince Magnus, Baylor, Harrison
  8. Edmund, Bainbridge, Augustus
  9. Ilyas, Atlas, Archibald
  10. Ambrose, Bruce, Finch
  11. Cassian, Prince Magnus, Baylor
  12. Harrison, Edmund, Bainbridge
  13. Augustus, Ilyas, Atlas
1 Like

Never have I ever?

ok Mr.Colin, let me explain the rules of this games- if you have done it say i, i will ask you questions saying ‘never have i ever’ and you will to answer whether you have or you have never and please do give details good sir

1. Never have I ever secretly practiced my curtsey or bow in front of a mirror.
  2. Never have I ever had a secret rendezvous in a garden during a social gathering.
  3. Never have I ever participated in a spirited discussion about romantic poetry.
  4. Never have I ever stolen a moment alone with someone in a dimly lit corridor.
  5. Never have I ever been caught eavesdropping on gossip at a tea party.
  6. Never have I ever received an invitation to a masked ball and attended incognito.
  7. Never have I ever ridden in a horse-drawn carriage with a suitor.
  8. Never have I ever sneaked out of a dance to avoid an undesirable partner.
  9. Never have I ever played the pianoforte at a gathering to impress someone.
  10. Never have I ever worn gloves with intentional holes to show off my ring.
  11. Never have I ever exchanged a covert message using a fan’s language.
  12. Never have I ever written a love letter sealed with wax and ribbon.
  13. Never have I ever been tempted to elope with a forbidden love.
  14. Never have I ever caused a scene at a social event out of jealousy.
  15. Never have I ever attended a moonlit garden party
  16. never have i ever kiss a lady?
1 Like

i’ll give you lyrics to songs, free verse, complete it however you would like:

1. You took my sadness out of context

2. Heard you got that D for me
    Pray your love is deep for me
    I’ma make you go weak for me
    Make you wait a whole week for me

3. Come and follow me, follow me with your signs up
    I’m so firin’, firin’, boy, your time’s up
    Keep on runnin’ and runnin’ until I catch up

4. I got a man but I want you, i’ve got a man but I want you and it’s just nerves its just dck making me think bout someone new. You know i’ve got so much to say, i try to hide it in the best way.

5. Oh my, oh my God 예상했어 나
    I was really hoping that he will come through
    Oh my, oh my God 단 너뿐이야
    Asking all the time about what I should do

6. You got that long hair, slicked back, white T-shirt
    And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt
    And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

7. I, I feel like fkin’ somethin’
    But we could be corny, fk it
    Sugar, I ain’t no dummy, dummy
    I like to say, “What if?”, but if
    We could kiss and just cut the rubbish
    Then I might be on to somethin’
    I ain’t givin’ you one in public
    I’m givin’ you hundreds, fck it
    Somethin’ we just gotta get into
    Sign first, middle, last, on the wisdom tooth
    fellas wishing that the :cat: was a kissing booth

8. I bet you wish that I was still right there, used to live right there
    Now I’m everywhere, got ladies everywhere
    I’m so debonair, I’m a millionaire
    I act like I don’t care, that’s 'cause I don’t care

2 Likes

I find her to be quite beautiful. From what I hear of her, we hold similar interests in pastimes. She is someone I believe I would enjoy engaging in conversions with at some point.

Unlike his fair sister, Lord Atlas seems to attract all matter of things I have a strong distaste for. I find his recreation brutish and unseemly, and his manner of addressing others quite unpleasant. I do hope to never cross paths, or worse, have the misfortune of discourse.

I find gaudish gowns and loud speech most unpleasant; especially when the breath of one’s conversation is felt on the face. The fragrances of spirits and perfumes alike are equally offensive to my senses. Laughing at dull conversation for the sake of gaining favor utterly disturbs me. I find eating with one’s mouth open to be abhorrent. Finally, those who fervently argue a point only to discover they were, in fact, incorrect yet persist in denying truth due to pride. I should likely discuss more in the future as I find more behaviors that repulse me.

I suppose my holdings would be those of my uncles, and I would be in desperate want of a husband. I pity the woman I would be as she would be in a far worse state than I as a man.

In this juncture of my life, a lady who does not consistently demand my presence would be most fitting. A companion who can stand independent, not relying on me for her well-being, that of her child, or the affairs of her household, would be most ideal.

I find this ’game’ rather disconcerting, so I feel compelled to explain my stance. My conception of matrimony rests upon the absence of conflict or extensive dialogue with my spouse. A lady of self-reliance, yet not outspoken so as to perturb my sensibilities, is what I seek. Therefore, in spite of my individual preferences for looks or disposition, I shall opt for what aligns with the requisites of my way of life.

Bed, Execute, Wed.

Wed, Execute, Bed

Execute, Wed, Bed

Bed, Wed, Execute

Wed, Bed, Execute

Wed, Bed, Execute

Wed, Execute, Bed

Execute, Wed, Bed

Execute, Wed, Bed

Execute, Wed, Bed

Bed, Wed, Execute

Bed, Execute, Wed

1 Like
  • Would you duel for a woman’s honor, despite the illegality?

• What is your preferred daily attire? Formal?

• Are you the type to frequent brothels, excuse me, shall we say a “house of ill fame” or waiting for the one?

• How many languages do you know? Which one is your favorite?

• Do you enjoy riding, shooting, fencing or do you prefer something else that separates you from the rest of the nobility trained men?

• Are there any particular skills that might stand out in a lady, for you?

Toward others I suppose acts of service and gift giving. The opportunity to procure articles from distant corners of the globe adds an element of intrigue to this endeavor. I do wish I could say quality time, however, my industry does not permit such luxuries.
On the receiving end, I find myself particularly inclined towards the enjoyment of uninterrupted and enriching moments of quality time.

If I must choose, I would suppose it would be friendship. Nevertheless, it is with no small measure of discernment that I acknowledge love’s varied manifestations. Some affections ignite with fervor, while others ferment from distain, and others still form in mutual understanding. Although, it appears that companionship often accompanies these sentiments.
Were I to venture a contrasting perspective, I would place choice in the forefront. The decision to embrace affection is paramount. The selection may not invariably encompass the particulars of who, when, where, or why. Yet, it remains an imperative commitment. If one does not recommit to the choice to love each day, it shall die as quickly as it blossomed.

(idk how to answer some of these in character so it might be slightly off :joy:)

It is rather serendipitous that the tale of Li Shang and Mulan mirrors the contours of my own narrative. Li Shang’s upbringing within the familial enterprise, unburdened by titles, the tragedy of familial loss, and the subsequent imposition of navigating a complex path through divergent prospects, all resonate deeply with my own journey. Mulan, a woman resolute and self-reliant, adroitly outwitting him and thereby saving the realm, illustrates a remarkable synergy. Similar to their complementary pendants, their characters impeccably harmonize the yin and yang dichotomy. Undoubtedly, their interplay stands as an eternally relevant paragon of love and companionship.

The notion of soulmates holds a particular allure. The narrative wherein the protagonists are destined, their lives interwoven by the tapestry of fate, holds an undeniable charm. I, too, once found solace in the belief of soulmates. To rekindle that enchanting idea within the confines of pages of books sounds like a beautiful fantasy.

In my youth, my proposal was a discreet yet splendid affair, tailored to the woman I cherished and the bond we nurtured. However, in the present moment, contemplating prospects with another lady, I am inclined to favor an intimate and restrained approach.

My hope, of course, is to wed. My preference, if I were to be given a choice, would be to prolong my bachelorhood for many more winters.

The prospect of children does not hold sway over my aspirations. Thus, should I be blessed with a single heir, it shall rest upon my wife’s discernment whether to embrace the company of additional offspring.

The largest cautionary behavior one could exhibit, in my opinion, is disrespect toward those of lower station. Particularly, if one shouts at, hits, or in any such way abuses their power over their servants. A behavior that small says much about a persons ideas on themselves and how they view the world.

Dependability is a trait I quite favor when discussing a possible match. One who I can lean on if needed, who will always be there to extend aid if necessary, and who can reliably hold their own.

I believe my current career falls beneath the business management category.

In my past, I was. However, I am no longer searching for such a feeble notion.

(idk who Ambrose is so he’s going to die for now lol sorry)

Bed, Execute, Wed

Bed, Execute, Wed

Wed, Bed, Execute

Execute, Wed, Bed

Wed, Bed, Execute

Execute, Bed, Wed

Wed, Execute, Bed

Bed, Execute, Wed

Wed, Execute, Bed

Execute, Wed, Bed

Bed, Wed, Execute

Bed, Wed, Execute

Wed, Bed, Execute

1 Like

On multiple occasions, yes. I was quite desperate to please Arista, my fiancé, in our early years. She was quite the dancer. I often practiced with my little brother Sebastian as well.

‘Twas an empty drawing room during tea, and that is all I shall say on the matter.

I have indeed. Many acquaintances in my school years desired nothing more than to discuss Brontë over dinner plates. It was often dull, but on occasion I made my opinions known.

I stole moments where I could when I was able. So, yes, many times.

No, I have never. However, the idea did cross the minds of Ilyas and I in our seventh year. Perhaps we shall finally follow through on our plans this season.

I cannot say I have had the pleasure. Although, the endeavor does sound quite enthralling. It is an occasion I would be most intrigued to attend.

I have not. We often arrived separately.

I have. Indeed, I have avoided many a burly and bearded woman in more countries than one.

As a boy my parents would ask me to play for guests at Blackwood Manor. I was quite the prodigy when I was young.

I hardly wear gloves, but I’d imagine you would simply wear the ring on top, no? To avoid ripping the fabrics. In this instance, I have never.

I am quite unsure what you mean, but I have spoken to others in a language the accompanying guests could not register.

Never with ribbon, but I would often sneak letters under Arista’s door during our time in academy.

I nearly did. If her father were to deny our union, I am afraid our fate might have ended much as my parents did, running toward love.

I have not. Such acts are beneath me.

I have not, however, I am not opposed to an invitation.

Despite my best intentions, I have.

1 Like

what happened between you and your ex fiance ?

do you still love her?