Bridgerton Character Question Thread #4 - DandelionKate

Alright everyone, here’s the place to ask any questions for @DandelionKate’s Bridgerton characters!
Please, feel free to go crazy. This is the time to learn anything you want about the characters and their life.

Here’s just a few things to keep in mind.

• First of all, please keep anything that’s not PG-13 to a minimum. (This goes for both the person asking questions and the character answering them. In the character’s answer, feel free to even have them say something about being told to not give an answer that would be viewed as inappropriate)
  • Please ask questions if you want to have one of these threads for your character! The more active you are at asking questions, the higher the chance you’ll be selected to answer them
  • When answering questions please either use colored text, or have your character’s name with each response.
something like this

Character Name:
“Answer here.”

@TheBridgertonRP

6 Likes

omg its kate turn excited

3 Likes
  • What are your hobbies?
  • What are you looking for in a potential marriage?
  • Are there any ladies you have your eye on at this point?
1 Like

let’s start off with some easy questions

1. favorite color?
  2. What do you think of marriage yes or nay? and explain why
  3. do you want a babe? (kids)
  4. thoughts nf ilyas?
    on Aurelia?
    of Baylor?
    on Belle?
    What do you think of yourself or how do you want others to think of you?
    do you have eyes for any ladies?
    why did you decide to come out right now? like why you going to a ball you need a wife? why?
    can you make me a flower crown?
    what type of lady would you like to court/marry?
    Would you prefer a beautiful woman who is dull or an ugly girl who is smart? why?
1 Like

You travelled a lot growing up, do you have a favourite city or county you’ve been in?
Additionally, what was your favourite thing about each city and/or country you’ve been in?
Which country has the prettiest girls?
What languages do you speak?
Do you have a favourite?
Which are most proficient in?
Which writing system is your favourite?

1 Like
  1. What would you advise someone who has lost someone they loved?

2. Do you resent those who get to experience happiness with their families unlike you?

3. Which language do you believe was the hardest to learn in your opinion? Which was the easiest?

4. If you had the chance to bring your little brother back to life would you?

5. Do looks matter to you?

2 Likes

I quite enjoy academic pursuits alongside my business ventures. Activities such as cartography, reading, piano, language development, and painting tend to stimulate the mind. I’ve grown quite fond of journaling throughout my travels as well.

As of the present moment, my foremost concern lies in offering solace to my mourning cousins in their most recent loss rather than contemplating matters of matrimony. Indeed, England does not hold appeal for me in terms of pursuing such connections.

There are many women who can hold the eye yet leave the heart and mind in longing. I find most of the English selection to fall into this category.

I hardly contemplate such notions anymore. As a boy, I suppose, it was a deep green. The color of the trees of Blackwood Manor. Now, I tend to find myself donning various shades of black throughout the year whether through mourning or personal choice I cannot say. I suppose, it has shifted to an inkish black color. Similar to my writings or the scrawlings on my maps. It is a color that puts me at ease. I find a great deal of peace and beauty in the endlessness of black.

I hold no issue with the concept of marriage. However, I myself am not currently seeking such engagement.

I suppose every man has want of an heir. Although, I am afraid the desire does not extend beyond necessity. My travels and disinterest in further familial attachments, however, might render me less suitable for the role of a father.

A cherished friend, of course. We had many great years together as youths. Alas, I confess that since our last meeting, our paths have diverged considerably, and we have grown into very different men. Nevertheless, his company remains one of the rare reasons that brought me joy in revisiting England.

I have heard little but whispers of the woman since arriving in England, and have not yet made her acquaintance on my own. However, the word spreading of her accident does make one wonder how much of herself is left…the poor girl.

Again, he is not someone of whom I have been acquainted. Although, I hear he is quite respectable. Not too dissimilar to myself, he became head of his house early on and runs his family’s endeavors. Not a small task for a young man. I hear he also owns land in Scotland, a region I have yet to venture to despite its proximity. I am sure we would get along quite well, and I would love to discuss his business ventures sometime.

Miss Belle Rose has quite earned her thorny nickname. I am not a man to disparage a lady, but if I were, she would undoubtedly be the sole focus of my distain. I would caution any gentleman considering her as an object of courtship to ponder twice. I have found if you play too often with roses, you tend to bleed.

Thoughts of ones own introspection should often stay in times of self-reflection, should they not? My thoughts of myself are my own. As for what others perceive of me, my only wish is that I am thought of as a well-respected man of business. As for personal ideals, I care not for what they say.

I quite resent repeating myself.

Despite my vehement objections, my uncle and my younger cousin, Elias, hold the conviction that immersing myself in the realm of high society shall yield some form of advantage for me. Being close to my family during times of sorrow, and assuming the role of mentor to my cousin, whose elder brother passed away, constitute additional motives for my decision to remain. I shall like to ensure Elias receives a proper match this season.

Even crowns made of flowers carry their own weight. It is not one I give out lightly. My apologies, for I must decline your request.

I am not sure I quite understand your question. If you are asking for traits a woman might possess that would interest me, I suppose there are a few. I would appreciate a person of culture, someone well-read with their own ideas of the world, and someone with the upmost kindness and patience. A woman pleasing to the eyes would be nice as well, I suppose.

I would sooner pass my earnings to my younger cousins and die a bachelor than engage with a woman who did not steal my breath in both beauty and intellect.

3 Likes

Random questions:

1. Say a poor innocent girl fell off a horse and lost her memory. Would you pretend to have something with her to mess with her mind?
  2. Would you encourage behavior where someone did decide to mess with her thoughts and make her believe something that wasn’t true?
  3. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today to make the most of it?
  4. do you like dancing? Are you good at it?
  5. Have you… laid a women to bed before?
  6. Are you good at that?

@DandelionKate

3 Likes

This is a wonderful question. Although I have had the privilege to visit many beautiful regions in my short time, I am biased toward my ancestral country of Korea. The Joseon Dynasty has provided rich cultural developments that have been quite fruitful for the trade industry.
Their etiquette is marked by elegance and method, their architecture and artistry unparalleled, and, in my opinion, their tea far exceeds the somewhat mundane flavors of English tea.
Engaging in the trade of items like celadon porcelain, jjock silks, and medicinal treasures such as ginseng has been a veritable privilege.
It appears that Asian nations often lean toward self-sufficiency and are oriented toward their own creation and development more so than the Western world, a distinction that has always intrigued me. I could expound further, but I shall stop there. It is a beautiful country. Thank you for asking, lovely.

A list for each country would be quite lengthy, however, if you have inquiries about a particular region, I would be more than happy to answer. I have seen many countries across many oceans.

Your line of inquiry is quite humorous. I appreciate the interest in my travels. However, I might disappoint by stating there are indeed beautiful women in each region. Picking a favorite would be considerably difficult, but I did find my travels in India and East Asia to be particularly enlightening in terms of beauty.

In fluent tongue, I am able to converse in French, English, Korean, Japanese, and Traditional Northern Mandarin. Although, I am most confident in English, French, and Korean. In conversational terms, I can hold my own in Latin, Hindi, as well as Manchu and Nanjing Mandarin dialects.
I have recently taken up High Prussian as well after my recent travels. The language is quite different from any I have learned so far, so I am rather enjoying the challenge.

Any language that allows you to reach others more easily is beautiful in my opinion, however, I do find a particular comfort in French. It tends to remind me of home.

As I was reared in a trilingual household, the languages of my parents and my country are naturally most comfortable. Korean, French, and English are certainly my more eloquent of the spoken languages.

While I have attained mastery over diverse tongues, the art of script remains in its nascent phases. In the case of my more proficient languages, my calligraphy approaches near native. Yet, for those languages I continue to acquaint myself with, the strokes fall short of perfection.
If pressed, I must admit that Korean claims my favor. I understand it may appear biased, but the script’s elegance and simplicity is simply remarkable. An abbreviated alphabet akin in length to English, characterized by its straightforward and graceful syllabic composition.
It is so straightforward, I dare say I could impart its mastery even upon the likes of Ilyas Keats within a single session.

2 Likes

Candidly, I am not sure I would. Grief is a process each person takes in their own stride. Guiding someone along a path that worked for you might be leading them blindly into darkness.
There is an old Korean saying my father used frequently, “illuminate the dark and chart your own course” which I believe to hold true in grief as well. One must first spark their own light then lead themselves toward their individual healing. A path I myself have been walking down for a considerable time. As a man endlessly pacing his own trail, I am in no place to advise others on their healing when I am so far from my own.

That question is in considerably poor taste. No, I shall never know the honor of watching my little brother grow old, but I am not so bitter as to deny others the great pleasure. Nor do I resent them for embracing such joys.

Despite my desire to ignore your questions, I suppose I will respond.
The southern dialect of Manchu Chinese posed a formidable challenge. There seems to be a formation of multiple dialects across the country due to geographical constraints. I encountered certain southern villages that conversed solely in an obscure variant of Mandarin, so it was quite difficult to pick up a language only spoken by a select few in a hard to reach region.
The easiest language is hard to say. I grew up trilingual, so there were many languages readily available to me at an early age. Korean, English, and French I suppose would be the easiest in that instance.

It is truly a marvel how you continue to astound me with your lack of decorum. Your manners resemble those of a stray cat.
I would easily suffer a thousand painful deaths if it meant I could restore my brother’s life. What a ridiculous question.

In fact, I believe I am done responding to your inquiries. You have exhausted my patience.

1 Like

I will respond for Corin here since he won’t respond :joy:
yeah looks matter, but they aren’t a deal breaker. if it isn’t his ideal type, but she’s like perfect in every other way, obviously he’d be fine with it. I think title and prestige matter more to him

3 Likes

What an oddly specific set of circumstances. The decision to manipulate a woman’s feelings could hinge upon various factors, including the woman herself, and the prevailing situation. Should she possess something of value to me, and my interest in her was sincere, the temptation might arise. Alternatively, if a close friend harbored a strong aversion to her and implored me to intervene, I might yield to their request to serve their purpose. However, I hold reservations about exploiting a woman’s emotions purely for my own advantage, as such actions lack the level of integrity my father had bestowed upon me.

I am certain I would never condone such an act, but if the actions were conducted by a close friend, my loyalties lie with them over a woman I do not know. I would discourage without intervention, I suppose. Especially if I have not been made aware of the details surrounding the situation. To each their own motive and mistakes.

This particular question I ponder often in my solitude. I have created itineraries down to the hour for every action and idea you could possibly imagine.
However, I have concluded I would simply spend my final hours in the company of my living relatives and friends. I would hope for the one privilege I was robbed of in previous years…a goodbye.

I am not too keen on the idea of a formal dance in the sense of using it as a means to judge and critique. However, the action itself is quite freeing, I must admit. Dance as a form of communal recreation was something I observed across every region regardless of language or location. It seems to speak as loudly, and as beautifully, as words do. In that sense, I would say it is another language I am quite proficient in.

There was a time where I was set to marry a woman I loved deeply. Being only 10 and 7 (17) years of age myself, I was quite naive and reckless in my pursuit of her. In short, yes.

You do not recoil from matters of an intimate and provocative nature, it appears. If you are asking if I was a generous lover, I would like to believe my love was more than satisfactory. Although, I admit, my sheets have remained cold since the passing of my fiancé. Considering my lack of additional experience, I am not certain if I am still up to par with those who bed as often as they piss.

2 Likes
  • Are there any possible secrets/scandals that are deal-breakers? If so, could you let it slide for the one?

• What is your opinion on those who do not have one or more of their senses? Are they a burden best to be pitied or shameful to society? Would you honestly be willing to at least try courting someone like this or would you fear scrutiny as well from the rest of the ton? Would the size of her dowry be a factor?

• is height a factor/preference for you?

1 Like
  • What do you think of Bainbridge?
  • What matters to you in choice of bride?
  • Why do you consider Ilyas your friend?
  • Have you ever ben in love?
  • Did you get any discrenible scars from the fire?
  • What are your fears?
  • What do you think of Abigail?
  • What do you think of Albina?
  • What do you think of Belle?
  • Where have you travelled?
  • Have you been to France since 1803? If yes, have you noticed the influence of the war or did it not rub off on the people and the community where you visited?
  • Do you like the idea of a big family?
  • Have you ever ben to Africa or India?
  • Abigail wants to know which part of your travels was your favorite and how different the culture is. She can say you can keep if concise if you don’t want to answer the question.
  • Bainbidge wants to know if you’ll join his father’s fox hunt, since at the last one a few years ago you were amongst the best riders
1 Like

Kate has one character in the RP as of now

2 Likes

idea first date?
what will you name your first child?
Your second?
thoughts on lady Whistledown?

2 Likes

ok now the questions been asked let’s play a fine game of ranking. In this game you most and it a most rank the looks of the people i mentioned on a metric of 0-10, 0 being they are worst than ugly they look like they came crawling for hell and 10 being they are of eye catching beauty.

1. Viscount Augustus of Hatchermans

2. Lord Ilyas of Keats

3. Her high lady Belle of the Fleurs

4. Earl Harrison of the Davis

5. Mr. Bainbridge Brantley

6. His sister, Miss Abigail Brantley

7.Lady Joane of Claimond

1. . Lady Azucena of the Osunas

9 Mr Nikhl Metha

10.Lord Edmud of the Wycliff

11 Lady Maiseie of the rutherfonds

1. Lord Archibald?

13.Lady Margaret?

14.Lady Dorothea
15. Lady Donatella
16. Lady Albina?
17. Lord Baylor?
18.Lord Finch?
19.Lady Adeline?
20. lord atlas
21. Lady Aurelia?
22. Mr.Bruce
23. Prince Magnus
24. Cassian
25. Bridget

3 Likes

as of always probably :joy: unless the ending numbers are unbalanced. I don’t wanna mess up the balance

2 Likes

Given that I have no title of my own, the social status of any potential partner would hold great weight. However, given the fact that a women would be marrying into my station rather than I hers, were my affections genuine, it could be deemed advantageous. I have not much to gain, even from the most auspicious of marriages, other than social praise. So, were I to find a lady who captured my heart, I reckon I might forgive much, for she too would need to extend her grace, given the circumstances of my birth.

I harbor no disdain for those of impaired faculties. And, my coffers are amply replenished by my own means so a large dowry is not necessary. Yet, the notion of wooing a lady beset with impairments does give me pause, I confess. It is not a matter of societal perception, but rather my own inclinations. A lady who cannot hear my words nor behold the world’s marvels by my side does not align with the life I lead and cherish. Nonetheless, if I were to discover my heart entwined with such a lady, my convictions may alter.

Height is one of the more insignificant of attributes. Tall or short in stature, a fair lady remains fair, regardless of height’s measure.

1 Like