Bridgerton Character Question Thread #4 - DandelionKate

What’s the key to winning a debate?

Do you believe in fate?

Can you tell us a little about your background and upbringing? What events or experiences shaped you into the person you are today?

In what ways could your say your reputation preceedes you at times?

What role does creativity play in your life? How do you nurture your creative side, and how has it contributed to your success?

I’m thinking of a number from 1-100 guess the number

Looking ahead, what goals or ambitions do you have for the future? How do you envision your continued contribution to your field and to society?

Favorite pizza topping?
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself when you want to splurge?
What’s the last thing in your Google search history?
What’s the first thing you usually think about when you wake up?
Who is your celebrity crush? Why?
What’s your go-to karaoke song? Why?
What’s something you’ve learned about yourself recently?
What do you wish people asked you about more often?
Do you prefer to be cheered up or left alone when you’ve had a bad day?
Love language?

Before you convince others, convince yourself.

I used to believe in such notions, as similar beliefs are custom in East Asian culture. However, I have long since abandoned that which has abandoned me, fate included.

I was raised in France, and although a wonderfully enchanting place, any semblance of belonging eluded me. Being from different regions, my parents harbored no loyalties to any single nation. Therefore, such loyalties were never bestowed upon me. France became my place of residence, yet my heart found solace upon the open road. Alongside my father, amidst foreign shores, comfort seemed more readily found than within my homeland’s embrace.
The wanderings with my father from early years allowed me to mature faster, and granted me insights into life’s myriad of perspectives, a stark contrast to French society. Amongst French nobility, a striking conformity prevails through beliefs and behavior. Yet, having developed in foreign regions, the web of diverse outlooks, faiths, cultures, governance, and philosophies adorned my mind from an early stage. Sadly, such ideals clashed vehemently with French conventions, and upon returning for academic terms, I found myself an outcast amidst noble peers. That is why I hold the bond between Ilyas and myself so dearly, for he, of Western nobility, was the first to treat me as an equal.
My family’s deaths also shaped who I am greatly. I believe I am a far different man today than the boy that died in France that day.
Hopefully this answer was sufficient.

I do suppose that is not for me to say. Although, I would love to know others thoughts on my ‘reputation’ as you say. I am sure to receive mixed reviews.

Creativity is the basis for all other methods of construction. To build a trade road is to sketch into mountainsides and dance over waterways. Without it, I would not be able to hold my position in any form.
For a short while after my mourning period, I held creative expression in the lowest of priorities. I found myself exhausted, wandering the streets of France aimlessly. It was not until I picked up my brother’s paintbrush and released the whirlwind of thoughts onto canvas that I felt free to breathe again. I then found putting pen to paper equally as effective in relieving the more clouded intricacies of my mind during my travels. I now set aside time for creative endeavors each day. Without it, I am afraid I may sink back into the depths of my own mind.

How could I possibly maintain to guess a number in the mind of someone I do not know….? 43?

Lovely you ask, my stay in England does indeed offer alternative prospects. My reach among the upper level of society has been limited since my father’s death. My travels have sought to replenish the relations he once held, and England seems to be my final stop. My goal for my business is that I may first expand amongst the upper class in continental Europe and Asia. Beyond that, our business has yet to expand to the Americas. They are a most rich grouping of new nations that will be continuing their development of their own trade routes soon. I would be wise to make the acquaintance of men there looking for goods from someone established abroad. Perhaps the Americas hold key goods much of Europe would be in desire of as well. I hear their soil is quite fertile, and a plethora of agricultural products would mean steady income. Overall, it is a great goal of mine to see my business develop on an international scale.

1 Like

close 46

1 Like

Although not a prototypical choice, Korean kimchi pairs quite nicely with pizza, I must admit.

As a boy, there was a particular vintage out of Naples that I would secretly import. It was quite expensive, so I kept the happenings from my father and would carry the bottles in my school bag back to academy. That was often my favorite. However, being sober, I tend to reach for a macaron instead.

“What types of flowers are native to England?”

I suppose at first it is my brother, as I keep a memento on my nightstand of his. It is usually what I see first. Then likely dread for having to remove myself from bed.

I do not hold affections for those whose acquaintance I have not made. That is quite ridiculous.

(modern response lol bc idk if 19th cent music had words lmao)

LOVE, Lee Seung-Gi

I am quite adept at swimming in open waters. I had never had the opportunity until a recent visit in India.

Others seem to be most interested in my business or the accident involving my family. I do wish people wondered more about my own thoughts and experiences rather than occurrences thrust upon me by the universe.

That quite depends on the extent of despair and the one looking to console me. If it were a great hardship I should bear then I often prefer quiet reflection as a means to cope rather than shared grief. Although, a simple case of discontentment would call for some sort of companionship I suppose. Although, I often prefer solitude.

I have responded once, but if you must know, gift giving and acts of service for others, quality time for myself.

1 Like

Corin where you married before???

what do you think of your parents relationships? Have your parents ever gotten into a big fight? Has your father ever cheated?

1 Like

It seems I was not fated for such honors. At least, not according to the views of society.

I can assure you that any whispers surrounding my parents first encounter are quite embellished. They merely chanced upon one another in the perfect moment. Their days were spent in harmonious affection, and in their final breaths, their love remained steadfast.

1 Like

you sure? is there something more you do not tell us?

Also what are you thoughts on Miss Louisa Brantley?

Lady Lydia?

If, perchance, I knew more, I would not say.

I know not of who you speak, but the Brantley family are equal strokes of the same pen. Each who cast a black ink trail along the lives of the poor soils they encounter. I am sure the ladies are quite the same.

2 Likes

So Corin

1. Thoughts about Aurelia?
  2. You know she lost her memory right? Have you heard anything about how?
  3. Have you heard anything about her family?
  4. Errrrrm tell me about your cousin?
  5. Are you friendly with him?
  6. Is he your favorite cousin?

@DandelionKate

1 Like
  1. favorite color?

2. What do you think of marriage yes or nay? and explain why

3. do you want a babe? (kids)
    (ok for the thoughts even tho you probs havent already planned, just a brief idea on what their first thoughts on them might be)

4. thoughts on ilyas?
    on Aurelia?
    of Baylor?
    on Belle?
    your cousin colin?

What do you think of yourself or how do you want others to think of you?
do you have eyes for any ladies?
why did you decide to come out right now? like why you going to a ball you need a wife? why?
can you make me a flower crown?
what type of lady would you like to court/marry?
Would you prefer a beautiful woman who is dull or an ugly girl who is smart? why?

Hows life been treating ya?

1. Viscount Augustus of Hatchermans
  2. Lord Ilyas of Keats
  3. Her high lady Belle of the Fleurs
  4. Earl Harrison of the Davis
  5. Mr. Bainbridge Brantley
  6. His sister, Miss Abigail Brantley

7.Lady Joane of Claimond

1. . Lady Azucena of the Osunas

9 Mr Nikhl Metha

10.Lord Edmud of the Wycliff

11 Lady Maiseie of the rutherfonds

1. Lord Archibald?

13.Lady Margaret?

14.Lady Dorothea
15. Lady Donatella
16. Lady Albina?
17. Lord Baylor?
18.Lord Finch?
19.Lady Adeline?
20. lord atlas
21. Lady Aurelia?
22. Mr.Bruce
23. Prince Magnus
24. Cassian
25. your cousin colin
26. lady pheobe
27. the queen
28. the king
29. lady lydia
30 louisa

1 Like

As I have said, I do wonder how much she has left of herself after her accident. It is quite the unfortunate set of circumstances. I have not yet made her acquaintance, but my cousin speaks quite fondly of her.

I hear she was thrown from her horse. All riders, women especially, must be cautious when handling horses. I have seen many men die from being thrown. She is lucky her memory is all she has lost.

Aside from the occasional rambles of my cousin’s distaste for them, no.

Orpheus is quite a unique soul. Although surrounded by pain and loss, he is more perturbed by loneliness than death. I suppose I emphasize with his torment. I am particularly fond of him, I always have been, as he is quite close in age to myself and uniquely gifted in arts. His violin playing when we were young is what inspired me to take up the piano so that we might play together. Although, keeping pace with his talents is quite difficult, indeed. He holds a good heart and a kind disposition. Often too kind from the rumors I hear of his flirtations, however, I cannot fault him for seeking love when he lacks nothing more. It must disturb him so to have everything except what he seeks most.

We write often. He is one of the few that I wrote to during my travels. We have always been close.

Vincent was never a warm companion during my visits in England. He was often strait-laced and upheld the expectations of his father. I suppose I understand his position, yet as a boy I much favored Orpheus who would play in the gardens with me. Lily, although adorable, is not much for conversation having seen barely 6 winters. So, yes, I suppose Orpheus is my most favored.

A blush rose holds my gaze most often. I tend to turn toward that which resembles a flower. Rose, blush, yellow, lavender.

I am quite eager to marry as I have spent my life developing songs of love and words of devotion without having felt it myself. Despite my flirtations, I desire a more profound love with a depth to fill the pages of my songs.

Well, of course. What is a marriage without children to fill the emptiness of the estate? I quite detest quiet spaces, so children would be a much welcomed ambiance.

The man seems quite capable of holding his own and fulfilling his duties. He shall make an excellent Duke and partner in business in the future. As we are both set to inherit the same title, I do hope our friendship will grow.

1 Like

thoughts on belle?

1 Like

Both

Do you like your cousin? The one entering the season this year as well.
Who is your favorite member of your family?
What are your general opinions of the institution of marriage?
Do you think ill of any other family of the ton?
What would you say is the biggest tragedy of your life?
Do you have favorite works of fiction? Prose or poems?
Do you preffer a long prose, like novels and books, or short poems, like songs and poems and haikus?
Introvert, Ambivert or Extrovert?
Do you contribute in gossiping? If yes, what is the most shocking gossip you’ve ever heard or spread?

1 Like

For both characters:

• Do you picture yourself getting married?
  • Does your family have staff? If yes, how many?
  • Do you picture yourself as a parent in later years?
  • Is your future spouse attending this year’s balls?
  • Do you want to please your family by doing as they wish for you or go against them and do your own thing?
1 Like

Belle Rose Fleur is quite the rare bloom. I do admire her steadfast moral compass, and her ability to state her opinion no matter the circumstances. She is very much a product of her own creation rather than that of the ton which I find most intriguing.
In fact, I often visit her with flowers when I pass by her estate on my walks. I grow roses myself, and although beautiful, they do not hold a candle to Miss Belle. She is more lovely than her namesake to be sure, a rare gift.

2 Likes

Oh hi buddy, Orpheus (using your slides to ask questions)

Questions:

1. Do you like your birthday being in December?
  2. What’s your favorite instrument?
  3. You like stargazing huh? With anyone in particular :eyes:
  4. YOU LIKE ALCOHOL? HOW MUCH DO YOU DRINK?
  5. You like filled chocolates but what are they filled with? ALCOHOL?
  6. You’re not a fan of being alone or ignored… has anyone made you feel alone or ignored?
  7. How are you in bed? On a scale from 1 to 10?
  8. Have you bed a women before? If so, WAS IT FUN? WAS IT GOOD? WHO?
  9. You’re like… really tall. What height would you like your future potential partner to be?
  10. How did you get your scar on your hand?
  11. Whats your favorite piece that you’ve composed?
  12. Do you have a muse?
  13. Why dont you like the color black?
  14. You say you have a weakness for WOMEN HUH?
  15. So how did your mom die?
  16. THouhts about your lil sister?
  17. How did your aunt die?
  18. How did your bro die?
  19. Do you miss your bro?
  20. Hmmm Idk? Do you prefer blondes? Red heads? Brunettes? Raven hair?

@DandelionKate

1 Like

Awwwwwww

@Kristi BELLEEEEEEE :sob: that’s so cute

3 Likes

she doesnt appreciate the flowers :roll_eyes:

so is it really?

1 Like