Bridgerton | Official RP Thread

BainbridgeBrantley-min

Bainbridge was listening and nodding while the stranger was explaining why he knows his name because it made sense and it was plausible, and it was something he wasn’t likely to have made up at that moment, not that eloquently. However, to Bain’s surprise, the stranger revealed himself to be Baylor Rutherford himself. At first he didn’t comprehend it, but when he realized it he immediately stopped in the middle of a sentence. “Yes Maisie seemed very char …” As the realization hit him in the middle of the sentence he kept silent, since Baylor already started talking. "May I ask perchance why you were wishing to find me?” Bainbridge wanted to hang his head in shame, but to stray from the risk of seeming like more of a fool he composed himself and started talking calmly. “Glad to meet you Lord Rutherford. My apologies for not recognizing you, but you see this is my first season and you are said to be introverted much like my sister, so it would make perfect sense I didn’t know what you looked like. Now let’s get to the business. If you made enquires about me since finding out my name, you would’ve learned that my grandfather started an ironworks in this town. It became a very profitable endeavour and the factory still stands and functions perfectly fine. Now, I wanted to do something simmilar to my grandfather, except I wouldn’t own a factory, but instead I want to invest in trains, they are said to be the future of transport. Since my family owns an iron factory, getting enough metal for the rail will be easier. However, the men are asking for quality horses to be provided for them since a lot of them weren’t cut out for it. Since your family is in this business I was hoping we can negotiate a price for a few of them … If you don’t sell such horses but know somebody who does, I’d be happy to know where I could find them.”

@Jass - Baylor

2 Likes

As the pair walked to the dance floor, Bruce recalled the details of the dance pattern he had previously observed and stored away earlier this evening. ”That sounds silly. Some people read too many novels to believe in curses and magic. It’s strange thing to realize there are people who still believe in those.” He chuckled, "My thoughts exactly, however my experiences may one day prove us both wrong. He stopped to bow respectfully as assume the starting position of the dance. "While in the highlands of Scotland investigating a most intriguing case involving a sighting of a mythical sea monster that coincided with some missing jewels, I happened across an older man, he begged my help claiming his farmland to be haunted by ghost hounds, rather intrigued if this related to my current case at the time I accepted. I could hardly believe him, yet I kept an open mind, then mere hours after last light, we saw them in the moonlight, a pack of ghost hounds, a brilliant light blue hue shone from their bodies as a sudden fog rolled across the ground at their feet. The leader howled a most harrowing sound. 'Twas a truly a bewitching sight indeed. I mounted a horse and…” He shook his head, forgive me, my Lady, I do not mean to boast, merely to suggest some believe because they see what others wish them to see. It was nothing more than a rather ingenious fabrication by a jealous landowner consumed by avarice.” “Well then, let’s circumnavigate the dance together and the hope the thought perishes as you enjoy yourself.” Bruce smiled slightly, “Truthfully, I cannot claim to have done what most consider “enjoyment” in…well ever. My chosen occupation takes the most time and any time to myself is spent furthering myself. So, any enjoyment I may have is thanks to you.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Abigail

3 Likes

Cassian couldn’t help but be pleased by Phoebe’s response. Her words, delivered in her gentle tone, were like a soothing melody to his ears, and he couldn’t deny the warmth that crept into his heart.

“Lady Phoebe,” he replied, his voice tinged with a genuine appreciation. “Your words are far too kind. I find myself equally fortunate to have shared this dance with a lady of such grace and charm as yourself”. Their eyes met, and Cassian was momentarily captivated by the shimmering mix of excitement and admiration he saw in her own. It was a look that held the potential of future encounters, a prospect that intrigued him more than he cared to admit.

He gracefully turned, his gaze wandering to another part of the room, when suddenly, a young lady, her elegant peach colored gown in a swirl of fabric, nearly stumbled into him. Cassian’s quick reflexes saved her from a near-fall, his strong arm extending just in time to catch her.

“No need for apologies,” he reassured her in a calm and charming tone. His eyes briefly danced with a playful twinkle as he added, “Unless, of course, it was a deliberate act,” glancing at the enchanting young woman before him. It was undeniable that she was a beautiful stranger, though he had not anticipated such a surprise encounter.

@raviola Azucena
@CrazyCaliope Phoebe

3 Likes

(no song this time)

Dance #2.5 : Lady Belle Rose (@Kristi) ~ongoing~

Orpheus a stood, snagging another glass of champagne from a servant and quickly finishing it off as he awaited Belle’s response.

How many had he drank? He’d lost count.

“You do not wish for me to step on your feet on purpose do you?” Belle’s voice came as a nearly sultry whisper, striking Orpheus’ nerves on edge.

A slight chill ran up his spine, and for the first time, he found himself drawn to her.

“Was that…a joke…Miss Belle?” Orpheus’ smirk spread widely as he glanced down at her. She had not been one for such intimate displays, yet here they stood, standing as close as they had ever been, sharing teases and eye rolls under the dim light of the chandeliers above.

There was a gentle smile on her face, that stopped short on her cheeks. It was one of the first he had gleaned from her expression. She seemed almost pleased with herself for her retorts.

“I’m everything but little, and why do you always require something in return? Can’t you just be a gentleman?” Belle asked, “It would be a scandal…” As her voice trailed, Orpheus felt a sort of exhilarating push in his chest, expelling any nerves he felt from his former interactions.

Lady Belle Rose Fleur.

Belle, the anchor to his mind.

Belle Rose, the little flower.

Whatever her purpose, or her name, she was simply someone Orpheus, in this moment, was most grateful for.

“I am as much of a gentleman as you are little.” Orpheus raised his hand to the top of his own head and slid it down in front of Belle’s vision as to exaggerate the range. There was a significant enough height difference to presume his point. To him, she was, in fact, little.

“I’m not that curious… I, Fine” Belle gave in, a breathy sigh accompanying her words as Orpheus giddily pulled her back toward the floor.

Orpheus’ laughter was resounding and hearty, expelling from his chest slightly too loud for social norm.

Orpheus took his bow, readying himself for the next dance.

Feeling the rush of fresh alcohol in his blood, his steps felt lighter, his breathing came easier, and Belle looked more beautiful with each glass.

“Now, you may ask away, little flower. One question at a time. For, my feet, although agile and in time, do not speak for my mind, which lingers in the bubbles of the Queen’s ample champagne.” Orpheus chuckled, pulling Belle along again in perfect step.

There was an ease to conversing and twirling around the dance floor with her that he had not anticipated. She was, although often times exasperatingly cold, truly as lovely as her name.

2 Likes

AbigailBrantley

Musetta’s Waltz

Abigail chuckled at Bruce’s stories. “Well, people in Scotland tend to believe in witches and changelings, I wouldn’t put it past anybody in Scotland to believe in something like that, especially if a great marority of people around him also believe it.” As the soft gentle music softly started playing, Abigail wanted to show him the dance moves, only to be surprised by him knowing a bit of it already. She wanted to say something, but Bruce just finished talking and she wanted to say something “You could say the same thing was done to us with our grandfather. Only our grandmother could tell that it was no accident while the rest of us were tricked into thinking it was a natural death. And you were alone on this endeavor in Scotland?” She asked.
"Truthfully, I cannot claim to have done what most consider “enjoyment” in…well ever. My chosen occupation takes the most time and any time to myself is spent furthering myself. So, any enjoyment I may have is thanks to you." With a few simple words that meant a lot to her, her old crush was back. She sighed and almost fumbled the dance. “Mr. Armstrong I must admit, I’m not usually the person to instill enjoyment in other people. I’m not sure how to respond, except in admitting that seeing an old friend has brought me joy as well, and I am also enjoying this dance. I must say, you’re an execeptionally fast learner, how long did it take you to learn this dance before being able to dance it with me?”**

@Bluecookies - Bruce

2 Likes

dance two: albina northwick

Atlas was a bit surprised by her answer. Could Albina possibly understand the weight that he had to bear for his family? Atlas viewed women differently compared to other men, who believe women are just someone they will marry to take care of the house and bear children. No, he was aware that women could accomplish the same things men could, and he never found that to be intimidating. “Hm, perhaps we do share a common burden, my lady, but I hope not to offend you when I say I would rather not take on the role of a lady, especially not in this society.” He said with a small chuckle, “As for your next question, well, my answer will have to be that you have left me without words, as I too do not know the answer to it.”

Atlas had to admit that he was not hating his time with Lady Albina, but as he heard her answer about coming here with an open heart, he felt guilt, for he believed that he was only wasting her time. He had come just for the sake of his family, and he, unlike her, did not come with expectations of finding love tonight. He gave her a small smile before clearing his throat to answer her, “You must forgive me; unlike you, I do not have any intentions to find love tonight. I feel rather guilty even now, as I am thinking that I may be stirring you away from your potential lover.” He said, though he did wonder, and soon felt the need to ask her, “What sort of gentleman are you seeking tonight?”

orp: @Jass Albina

4 Likes

Pre-Dance 2: Approachable while waiting for Lady Lydia (@novella).

Prince Magnus’s eyes genuinely sparkled with intrigue as he listened to Adeline’s playful remark about using him as her muse. Although he hadn’t seen her paintings, he felt drawn to her artistic side and the possibility of being a part of her creative world. “Even without seeing your talent as a painter, the thought of being your subject matter is rather alluring,” he replied, tilting his head to the side as he smiled. “Perhaps one day we can explore this idea further.”

As the dance came to an end, Magnus gently took Adeline’s hand and guided her through the final steps, continuing to hold her gaze through it all. Still, something in the back of his mind was unrelenting, he knew what he had told himself, yet something about her was pushing that backwards in his mind. It couldn’t be pushed, however, it shouldn’t be. “As the evening progresses, I find myself yearning for more moments such as this,” he found himself saying aloud. His voice low and intimate. “If you would be willing, I would be delighted to take you away from the prying eyes and noise of the ballroom. Do not answer yet, just think on it as you dance with your other suitors tonight.”

Magnus left his suggestion without answer as the music played to its end, signalling the dance’s end.
With the same smile and a slight squeeze of her hand, Magnus released Adeline and offered her a small bow, leaving the choice in her hands. “Lady Adeline, thank you for gracing me with this dance,” he concluded with sincerity. “I hope that our paths will cross again, whether later this evening or elsewhere, for there is much more I wish to discover about you.”

@sunflowerjm - Adeline (Dance 1 finished)

Approachable for short interlude maybe?

4 Likes

In between dance number one and dance number two

Baylor let out a sigh of relief hearing Bainbridge was merely inquiring about buying horses. “This is a request of most intriguing nature.” he rubbed his chin as he was pondering about Bainbridge’s request for a few seconds. “Although the majority of my current stable boasts Thoroughbreds, Hackneys and Clydesdales, a breed recently imported from Scotland.” he explained the Clydesdale horses, as they were not yet a household name in London, “neither of which are ideally suited for this task, I do possess some Shires that unquestionably possess the requisite strength for the job at hand.” He now tapped his chin, giving the impression he was thinking some more, one of his salesman techniques. He clearly knew what he was trying to sell, the way he wanted this to come across as if it was a very unique offer he gave Bainbridge, something he had to thoroughly think about. “Nevertheless, should you be inclined to entertain a departure from the customary horse breeds, I must confess that I find Shire horses, while robust, to be somewhat wanting in terms of swiftness and agility. Of late, I have devoted my efforts to a rather unconventional endeavor – crossbreeding Shires with Clydesdale horses. The offspring resulting from this pairing exhibit remarkable potential for the intended endeavor. These horses, though somewhat pricier due to their uniqueness, exhibit a rare blend of qualities. They inherit the substantial strength of the Shire while possessing a more moderate size and greater agility. I believe you shall find them to be a most satisfying choice.” he now looked at Bainbridge directly: “If this proposition piques your interest, I extend a warm invitation for you and your sister, should she be so inclined, to visit my stables. We might then discuss further particulars over a drink at a gentlemen’s club, if that would be to your liking.” He hoped this invitation not only for Bainbridge, but also his sister, would be respected and be the finishing push in sealing a deal.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Bainbridge

3 Likes

Dance number two Atlas Delaney

Albina smiled at Atlas, maybe she had in fact judged him too quickly. "No offence taken, Lord Atlas. There have been moments in my life when I’ve yearned to be a gentlemen, if only for the freedoms and opportunities they enjoy. As a lady, I find myself with countless dreams and aspirations that often seem beyond my reach." her thoughts somewhat drifted off, thinking about how much she would like to travel and study, things her brother could but she herself, she simply had not many of those same opportunities. Sometimes she felt jealous of her brother, he enjoyed his freedom, even as a Marquees and head of the house, he could do whatever he pleased. Leaving Albina behind with the day to day responsibilities of running the Northwick household along her mother. In many way however, Albina had been more of a mother to her younger sisters than her mother had ever been. Even right now, he was supposed to be here tonight, but he had not showed up. If Albina would decide to be late for such an event, that would raise questions and her mother would have yet another outburst, where her brother could just get away with it, simply because he was a gentleman. “It is a complicated matter, is it not? How to balance your desires with responsibilities?”

“No need for forgiveness, sir. Your company is quite delightful.” these words were spoken honestly and with a genuine smile on her face. While maybe this dance with Atlas had not felt as passionately as the one she shared with Orpheus, she did enjoy how she could truthfully speak her mind with Atlas, and he challenged her mind. Furthermore, she enjoyed having seen him for who he is, rather than solely as Adeline’s brother. "While I am here with an open heart hoping to find love this season, I am similarly as open to pleasant conversations and a dance. One never knows what the future may hold, after all, or could have hold if I were to not explore all my options." she paused for a second to focus on their dance, before answering his question. "I am in search of a gentleman who holds my independence in high regard and is willing to support my aspirations and ambitions. Intellect is also something I long for in a gentleman. It is my desire to be esteemed for more than just my appearance myself, for I consider myself a lady of intelligence." she thought out loud, more or less rambling on not thinking much about what she was saying. “Furthermore, I yearn for a gentleman with an adventurous spirit, someone who could accompany me on journeys to explore distant places.” she then realised maybe she had spoken a bit too much, and decided to return the question: "What qualities, Lord Atlas, do you seek in a wife?" once again, her eyes found his, curious about his answer.

@sunflowerjm - Atlas

2 Likes

Beige Vintage Traveler Twitter Header

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆

“Should I Stay Or Should I Go?”- The clash

Dance #2: Future Duke Orpheus

Lord Orpheus was making so many bad decisions, surely he could not be getting another drink when he already looked like he was going to fly? But he was- making a bad decision, and Belle was also making one. She had made so many today- agreeing to dance with him, being curious the way she usually was and being so close to him and whispering in his ears- the scent of alcohol and scented oils so evident in his aroma. She had pulled away as quickly as she had leaned in to whisper.

Because after all it was just a whisper, a warning.

" It is a warning of something I am quite possible of. A warning that you should seize the teasing unless you wish for your poor feet to suffer as an effect. I am sure they do not like to be stepped on". Her eyes trailed down his feet and up to the head as she said it, her lips curving into a little smile, this was some minutes before she had made another bad decision in the sea of bad decisions. The bad decision? agreeing to another dance with Lord Orpheus. Why she had done it? Because she was curious, she was curious about the friend that was dear to Josephine- something before she would not really consider herself to be about him. Currently, his drunken state intrigued her because intoxicated people can reveal a lot, a lot they would not do if they were sober. Lord Orpheus, normally did not make her so curious, perhaps because at that time Belle could tell he might be a little terrified of her- and if he was good! And Belle could only think about how frustrating he was and still is, nothing about him truly made her curious except for why could he not leave her alone? There was Josephine, Kat, Louis and Thomas to bother- four other people but her, and yet when he and Josephine were done chatting, he would always come to her.

“Answer this without any jest, flattery, or teasing. What is it that you think of me? Why are you always so interested in a conversation with me? It cannot be because you like me in such a way,” Belle said as she was twirled, “I can tell that in the list of ladies you have probably love and I guess it’s a lot, I am not on the top of the list or bottom or at the middle so why? Especially since I always disregarded your presence. I am sure my other kin members- my brothers and sisters could have provided you more enjoyment than my presence. no?.” Belle asked taking a couple seconds before she asked each question, after all he did say one question at a time and Belle did ask one question at a time- at a second.

She awaited his responses, taking note of every body movement- trying to see if he would lie her- hopefully no for his sake because Belle would be able to tell and he was drunk, so it would be easy to get answers out of him.

@DandelionKate

2 Likes

ORP: Btw love your post

BainbridgeBrantley-min

“Although the majority of my current stable boasts Thoroughbreds, Hackneys and Clydesdales, a breed recently imported from Scotland.”
“I imagine you would sell elegant show horses, that are praised for their speed, their abillity to be trained fast or for their stature and not ones I’m looking for, but not being in the business I wouldn’t know where to look for such horses and I figured you’d know which direction to point me towards, your family being in the business for so long, I mean.” Bainbridge believed Lord Rutherford wouldn’t be interested in selling his immaculate horses for working on the railroad, but instead suggest where to go to find such horses. The next few sentences proved Bainbridges intuition wrong. "crossbreeding Shires with Clydesdale horses. The offspring resulting from this pairing exhibit remarkable potential for the intended endeavor." "That’s amazing. Such a happy coincidence that you’d have just exactly the type of breed I’m looking for.. Bainbridge wanted to suggest checking the horses out, but wanted to wait politely until Baylor stops talking, however in his next words Baylor already suggested what Bain wanted to, therefore ridding Bain of having to ask himself. “I was just about to propose me coming over one day and checking out the horses. Thank you for also inviting my sister, I believe she would be comfortable in your company since she is also introverted. I believe being around people who understand you is always refreshing, especially if you’re used to being around ones that don’t. Of course, I would have to contact one of my patners before making a final decision, but until then I’d like to see the horses myself. Would you mind if during the visit I also saw some of those Clysdale horses? I haven’t heard of them yet and I am fond of horses, but of course considering they’re your horses you have every right to refuse and keep it only about this job.”

@Jass - Baylor

2 Likes

~ Dance 1: with Abigail ~

“You could say the same thing was done to us with our grandfather. Only our grandmother could tell that it was no accident while the rest of us were tricked into thinking it was a natural death. And you were alone on this endeavor in Scotland?” "Intuition can be a very powerful thing indeed, Miss Brantley. The answer to your query is yes, I was. As I got older, Father decided that I could solve cases on my own as long as we were at least one country away from each other. We agreed to be as close as we could in case the other was in trouble. With a swift but smooth motion, Bruce positioned himself to catch her should she fall, his hand hovered at the small of her back, close to her center of gravity. “Are you quite alright, Miss Brantley? Perhaps some fresh air on the terrace? Still in full view of course, I would not wish a scandal upon you or your family.” “Mr. Armstrong I must admit, I’m not usually the person to instill enjoyment in other people. I’m not sure how to respond, except in admitting that seeing an old friend has brought me joy as well, and I am also enjoying this dance. I must say, you’re an execeptionally fast learner, how long did it take you to learn this dance before being able to dance it with me?”** Bruce’s cheeks flushed with embarrassment, "I suppose I must confess, Miss Brantley, as previously stated, I only discovered my involvement in this grand affair only earlier today, I cannot say I am a practiced man for these events, as such I can only copy what I see and I saw a few pairs dance this evening, you would be my first dance of the night. That being said I believe you are wrong…as I too am quite enjoying myself like never before.

2 Likes

this is me trying

Dance #2.5 : Lady Belle Rose (@Kristi) ~ongoing~

Belle continued her veiled threat on Orpheus’ toes as they danced their second round. The eyes of the ton seemed fixated on them, likely whispering of the pairing and their scandalous extra time together.
Orpheus did not seem to mind, in fact, he felt proud of the attention they garnered. For Belle Rose was known to be a difficult lady to gain the affections of. Perhaps, a second dance is all he needed to peak the attention of another lady of import to him: Aurelia. Orpheus had hoped that through their dancing, Aurelia might come to notice his attachment to her friend. He was unsure of what outcome he had hoped for. Perhaps jealousy or anger? All he knew is that he wanted her to feel something.
Aside from his desire to regain Aurelia’s attention, he was entertained more than he thought he would be with Belle. Her quips and commentary always amused him, and her dancing skills were far from average. Her steps seemed to keep pace with his own with more ease than most ladies of the ton.
In fact, somewhere between their greeting and their first dance, he had seemingly forgotten about Aurelia. For the first time this evening, he had truly let his mind redirect elsewhere. He had allowed his guard to fall with Belle, his mind to calm, his heart to open, and he was truly enjoying his time.
As Belle finished up her threat, Orpheus smiled again, his eyes refocused on her.
“Step away, dear Belle, for I am sure you are as light as your threats seem to be.” Orpheus laughed, giving her an extra spin in time with the music, a move that was not in sync with the choreography of the others. Yet, the twirl seemed perfectly placed in their own movements.
“What is it that you think of me? Why are you always so interested in a conversation with me? I am sure my other kin members- my brothers and sisters could have provided you more enjoyment than my presence, no?.” Belle fired her questions off again, causing Orpheus to bite his lip to prevent another laugh from dropping out. He seemed more giddy and filled with laughter around her than he had been before. Perhaps it was the alcohol. Or, perhaps, Belle was simply the woman to bring out the joy in him when he needed it most.
As she inquired, Belle’s head tilted slightly to her right side, her eyes wide like a small pup. Orpheus could not help but adore such a visual. With each passing moment he found even the crinkle of her brow and the annoyed strain in her voice to be increasingly adorable.
“No.” Orpheus answered simply, giving Belle a bright smile. “Josephine, although a treasured friend, speaks to me as formally and carefully as most women of the ton. You, little flower, hold no such inhibitions or restraints in your thought or speech. You are a breath of fresh air among a sea of perpetual convenance. A rose in a garden of white dandelions. Dandelions, although beautiful, as you have imparted upon me their symbolism, do not hold the bright passions and aromas of the rose. You are a rare gift, Miss Belle, and I do hope you feel my sincerity in such praise. For I am not speaking to simply entertain your romances, as I know you hold no such fondness for me. However, I appreciate the honesty and heart in our interactions, whether you brush off my flirtations or not.” Orpheus finished with a smirk, his fingers playing along the edge of her hand ever so lightly.
Orpheus had never seen Belle in a romantic sense before, but again, there was a pull. An ease. Something that seemed to simultaneously stir him and calm his mind when she was around. As her adorably large eyes glanced up at him in curiosity, he fought the urge of the alcohol telling him to reach out to her.
Orpheus could not tell whether the increased desire to press his lips to hers was a side effect of the champagne or a new connection that blossomed between them. Either way, he resisted.
A second dance was enough of a scandal for the night, and Orpheus quite preferred his toes un-stepped-on, and both of their reputations untarnished.

mentioned:
Aurelia (@benitz786)
Belle (@Kristi)

2 Likes

AbigailBrantley

“No, I’m quite all right. It seems you, who can learn complicating things with some much as a glance, can do better on the floor than me, how has been practicing this routine beforehand.” Abigail said as she continued to dance. She didn’t want him to know that she almost fumbled the dance because he made her flustered, but yet she wanted him to know that he made her feel special for a few moments. She tried to recall if the begining of her crush on him when she was a child has also came about becuase he made her feel special, but that was 7 years ago when they were both 10 and she couldn’t remember. “Thank you for the offer, but I am all right. However, I wouldn’t mind going out on the balcony, in full view of everybody to not cause a scandal, just like you suggested, but not becuase I’m unwell or anything like that. I wish to go out becuase If I don’t I’ll be weary of socially interacting on such a large scale. Taking a break from this seems rather idyllic, but if somebody shall ask I needed fresh air … I suppose I do need fresh air, but I shall leave out that I want it far away from the pressure of socializing. I also like the idea of being far away enough to not be heard, but near enough to be seen, so that we can talk freely about anything, including the case. Being far away from a crowd means being far away from Lady Whistledown, which means anything, truly anything, can be shared, withouth fear of it being repeated by anybody else.”

@Bluecookies - Bruce

2 Likes

In between dance number one and dance number two

“Indeed, my family has a long history in the horse business, and we do have a reputation for breeding some of the finest show horses. While I do take pride in our elegant and graceful breeds, we offer much more than mere show horses. I’ve chosen to take a somewhat divergent path from my late father and grandfather when it comes to our horse breeding. I’ve embraced a wider array of horse breeds, introducing more variety into our stable.” he explained the situation.
Baylor listened as Bainbridge was talking about his sister, he noticed that subtly yet clearly Bainbridge could be attempting to set him up with Abigail. Talking about her character more so than how she would find the stables. “It’s true that finding kindred spirits is a rare delight, especially for those of us who tend to be introverted. As for the Clydesdale horses, I’d be more than happy to show them to you during your visit and enlighten you with my field experience working with them in Scotland. They are the most magnificent creatures, and I’m sure you’ll find them quite impressive. Please do reach out to your partners and how about we aim for a visit next week?” he thought a second to see which day would fit his schedule, “Let’s say, the day after next Thursday, in the morning. Does that suit your schedule?”

“I am pleased to have made your acquaintance, Bainbridge Brantley. I look forward to showing you around and discussing the potential business partnership, but if you would be so kind to excuse me now, as the second dance seems to be proceeding promptly.”, he gave him a nod before walking off to the outdoors. Still wishing to have a quick breath of fresh air. Dorothea was still fresh on his mind, more so the realisation that he should not be overlooking her as a candidate for marriage. He had always seen her merely as a friend, but for what reason, she would certainly make a respectable match for him. Well, there were those rumors and gossip, that he and Dorothea were more than friends. He gave some thought to how the ton would view a courtship between him and lady Dorothea. Either they would be embraced as a couple by society, or the gossip might work against them and people might be confirmed in their opinions they must have been more than friends before. And then there was the issue of Lady Adeline Delaney, during the dance he shared with Dorothea, he noticed she seemed to be quite taken by the prince already. If the prince was interested in her, that option made even less sense to Baylor to invest time and energy in. Baylor felt somewhat overwhelmed by everything running through his mind, he walked back indoors and decided that maybe a drink was what he needed and might take his mind of things.

@CerealKiller - Dorothea (mentioned)
@sunflowerjm - Adeline (mentioned, sorry that Baylor’s slight obsession with her gives you so many notifications)
@CrazyCaliope - Magnus (briefly mentioned)

3 Likes

BainbridgeBrantley-min

As Baylor talked about the breed Bainbridge’s eyes lit up and his lips curled up in a smile. The details Baylor provided made Bainbridge all the more excited for this horse breed and he wanted nothing more than to see them straight away.
“Let’s say, the day after next Thursday, in the morning. Does that suit your schedule?” Bainbridge thought about it for a while and after about 10 seconds of thought, he finally answered. “That should work splendidly.” What Bainbridge didn’t tell Lod Rutherford is that he actually didn’t know if he had any plans for that day, but if he did, he would cancel them right away, because Bainbridge thought nothing more important than meeting up with his idol, doing business with him and having him show him his horses, his most favorite animal. “I must thank you for inviting my sister once more, but I cannot speak on behalf of her schedule, so if she does not come by, do not think it’s an offensive remark, she might have plans for that morning which I am unaware of, and I’d hate to force her, especially since she doesn’t fell all too comfortable in presence of strangers.”
“I am pleased to have made your acquaintance, Bainbridge Brantley. I look forward to showing you around and discussing the potential business partnership, but if you would be so kind to excuse me now, as the second dance seems to be proceeding promptly.” Bainbridge offered him his hand for a handshake and said "Not as pleased as I am. Of course, I won’t bother you for a second longer when the dance awaits. I’ll be pleased to dance the next with a friend, but until then I have an obligation to talk to my cousin. Goodbye Lord Bainbridge, we’ll be seeing each other soon, I can only hope our business yields to something in the end. With a bow of his head, he was gone and advanced towards his cousin, who he noticed was just recently left alone. Since he approached her from the back he didn’t want to scare her so he said “Hello cousin.” and waited until she turned around to face him before asking “How are you?”

@Jass - Baylor (mentioned)
@Ouijaloveletters - Louisa

4 Likes

~ Dance 1: with Abigail ~

“No, I’m quite all right. It seems you, who can learn complicating things with so much as a glance, can do better on the floor than me, who has been practicing this routine beforehand.” As they spoke, he made sure to make his more spiral movements match hers. He shook his head with a gentle smile, “Surely you do not truly believe that, Miss Brantley. I have often found that constant practice is what sets one apart from many others. Given that every lady has no doubt constantly practiced this dance and many others like it, however I most sincerely doubt they can practice being good. Your genuine good nature sets you apart from the rest. From both my memory of events long since past and those observed tonight. I must admit that throughout my tour of the room I came across a most pleasant interaction between you and Miss Beckham. One might believe a girl of her condition be might be cast aside or simply dismissed by the ton in search of better company. But not you, no, you choose to lift her spirits, to cheer on her endeavors, and for that I must applaud you.”

“Thank you for the offer, but I am all right. However, I wouldn’t mind going out on the balcony, in full view of everybody to not cause a scandal, just like you suggested, but not becuase I’m unwell or anything like that. I wish to go out becuase If I don’t I’ll be weary of socially interacting on such a large scale. Taking a break from this seems rather idyllic, but if somebody shall ask I needed fresh air … I suppose I do need fresh air, but I shall leave out that I want it far away from the pressure of socializing. I also like the idea of being far away enough to not be heard, but near enough to be seen, so that we can talk freely about anything, including the case. Being far away from a crowd means being far away from Lady Whistledown, which means anything, truly anything, can be shared, without fear of it being repeated by anybody else.”

As the song ended, Bruce bowed respectfully and gestured to the door of the terrace before opening it, “Then, shall we, My Lady?”

2 Likes

AbigailBrantley

Stars - Les Miserables

Mr. Armstrong, thank you for the compliments, but I assure you they’re not desrved. It is not good nature that brought me to be friends with Bridget, it is the fact I am attracted to smart and hardworking people, and she has proved herself so exceptional for trying her best despite society disregarding her, and I find her to be much more good natured than me to be able to still have fight in her after that. If I choose to lift her spirits by being her friend, I chose it becuase I admire her as a person. She continued and wanted to continue dancing, but as she soon realized time passes quickly when you’re enjoying yourself. Thankfully, Mr. Armstrong accepted her proposition to go outside, so with a smile she nodded once signaling yes to his ‘Shall we?’ question and followed him outside.
As soon as Abigail stepped out she felt the chill but also the freshness of the cold air on her exposes hands, and the music from inside becoming more silent with each step. The sounds of birds and crickets are loudest now and her headache didn’t have time to form before she removed herself from the loud noises and people. It wouldn’t have taken long for her to stop enjoying herself. She breathed in the fresh air before turning back to face Bruce and with the sight of him she could also see the party going on through the doors from which they left. She chuckled at the sight. "The party looks almost tolerable from here. Seems everything gets worse when I’m inovled in it. She joked

@Bluecookies - Bruce

2 Likes

Purple Sky Profile Header (2)
Standing in front of Bridget, she wondered if she could also hear the footsteps that approached. Most likely, as one of her other senses was gone. Hearing the voice behind her, she turned, meeting the eyes of her other cousin, Bainbridge. “Hello, cousin. It could certainly be better, yet also worse. I had earlier been speaking with your sister, but she went off to dance, I believe.The food here is rather nice, if you wish to partake. I enjoyed the sandwiches. Louisa had never been known to speak so much to one person, yet she was more comfortable around her cousins, therefore she became more talkative. “Pray tell, how are you, Bainbridge?” Louisa asked, regarding her cousin with a small smile. She had been wanting to leave this whole time, but seeing her cousins rejuvenated her a bit. Just a little, but that was better than nothing, she supposed. She was very ready to go home and sleep, never waking up. Sadly, here she was.

3 Likes

86f66602d08dc77a6f57dbbe1fba133f0a635fbe_2_690x203

“Letters? You’ve received letters?” Harrison exclaimed, his words hanging in the air like a reproachful reminder. His gaze was fixed squarely on Ilyas, and the question resonated with unspoken expectations that were inherent to their social circle. Ilyas couldn’t deny the truth of Harrison’s inquiry. His correspondence had been lacking, particularly in the meticulous art of written communication. He knew he should have penned more, extended more invitations, and diligently nurtured the vital connections within his small close kinships. In truth, he had become somewhat negligent, with his sister being the primary recipient of his letters, while the bonds with his closest friends had grown somewhat dormant.

The realization of his dwindling circle of friends weighed heavily on Ilyas. He understood that this was largely his own doing, a result of his choices and priorities. Yet, the thought of reconnecting with anything from his life back home only deepened his disdain for the place. It was a reminder of the suffocating expectations and rigid traditions that had driven him away, causing him to resent it all the more.

Ilyas was brought back to the present as Corin began recounting the story of their first meeting, a tale that had unfolded during a particularly eventful, if somewhat inebriated, night. It was a memory that still elicited a chuckle from him, despite the passage of time. As Corin narrated the escapades of that fateful second day at school, Ilyas couldn’t help but smile at the nostalgia. Or what he could remember. It had been a daring act to sneak out, a bold move that had led to an unexpected friendship.

Corin’s role in that escapade had been nothing short of heroic. He had taken charge, practically assuming a maternal role, ensuring that Ilyas made it through the night safely despite his inebriated state. The memories of that morning after were a mix of haze and embarrassment for Ilyas. The pounding headache served as a harsh reminder of the previous night’s excesses. He recalled waking up to the strange markings on his neck, a mystery he couldn’t quite unravel. There had been a faint recollection of a blurry encounter, a mistaken identity, and the absurd notion that Corin was a girl attempting to sneak into his bed. It was all a jumbled mess, compounded by his disoriented state.

In his sober confusion, Ilyas had acted according to his usual rule – never allowing his flings to spend the night. He remembered pushing Corin away, utterly convinced that he was thwarting the advances of an unknown woman. It was a humorous and rather humiliating memory, one that had solidified their friendship in the most unconventional of ways.

Harrison’s words about the eldest daughter of the Ellis family echoed in Ilyas’s mind, and they carried a weight. “I must take my leave,” Ilyas announced to his friends, not meeting their gazes as he patted Harrison’s shoulder. “We shall continue our reunion later. Feel free to discuss my exceptional looks once I depart, but please don’t linger too long on my backside.” He added a touch of humor to lighten the mood, but his eyes were already scanning the room, drawn to the dark-haired figure with a petite frame that his his mind racing.

Ilyas approached the woman from behind, a sense of déjà vu washing over him. There was something oddly familiar about this encounter, reminiscent of a earlier encounter that had not ended well. “Lia?” he whispered, his hand gently wrapping around her wrist. “Shrimpy?” Ilyas couldn’t help but chuckle softly as his eyes roamed over her form. Not in a way of checking her out but more so confused why she was here. Shocked. “What are you doing here? I thought… you aren’t dea—clearly— here you are, small as ever but here…” His voice was a mix of surprise and amusement as he addressed the woman before him, a hint of affection in his gaze. “Did you actually shrink?” He added with a playful glint in his eye, teasing her as if they had never been apart.

@Kristi Harrison
@DandelionKate Corin
@benitz786 shrimpy
@Jass sorta mentioned

3 Likes