Bridgerton | Official RP Thread

Whiskey Tasting and Duel Practice

Orpheus sat alone, apart from the rest of the men each thick in the most mundane conversations on finances, women, and whiskey. The persistent ache in his head from the night before was hardly dulled by the small samples of liquors poured out in mere sips at a time.

‘A whiskey tasting…’ Orpheus thought, ‘how dull to taste and not feel.’

A few small sips between conversations did nothing toward his ever stretching tolerance. This would not do.
Orpheus had shown his face as a curtesy toward the Wycliff family who had never stepped on the toes of the Langston house. It was rare a house stood so peaceful and generous amongst the ton, yet Orpheus resented their family, a family whose curse lingered much like his own. Yet Edmund still stood so composed, yearning for his lost family, his lost lover, his lost faith perhaps, yet he somehow still held a hope for a future Orpheus himself had long left behind. Orpheus was envious of his composition, to host, to hold those mundane conversations with an air of grace, to be deserving of his title through and through. Orpheus could only wish to be half the man he was.

So, he sat apart. Hoping that no one would notice him, hoping no one would go searching for him, hoping today he could be left alone. For once, Orpheus did not desire attention or fame or glory. He did not want the whispers of the ton nor the glances of the men whose loyalties and respects he sought to gain.

He simply wanted to be alone.
However, his father, of course, having forced the evenings activities, hardly left room for Orpheus to object to attending.

Yet, Orpheus, again, had not slept much. And despite his pleads with his father to allow him time apart, he was forced off to represent the Langston name once again. Forced to perform among deaf ears and drunken bastards. He could hardly stomach it all after everything that’s happened.

There were too many people pulling pieces of him from every direction. Too much lost. Too much left to lose.
He hardly wanted to spend what little time he might have with Aurelia amongst tipsy old men. He needed to find a way out before his past caught up to him, whether here, or with her.

As a servant passed with two bottles in hand, Orpheus quickly stood and took one of them, slipping a small coin purse into the man’s hand. Orpheus placed a finger over his lips and gave the boy a wink.

“Every hour, on the hour, a new one. I’ll pay you your hearts desire. Next time, a more mature bottle.” Orpheus spoke softly as to not notify others of his whereabouts in the back corners of the estate room.
The waiter hurried off, tossing the coin purse in his hand happily, and Orpheus slid back down the wall he stood from, a bottle now in hand.

‘Better.’ He thought to himself as his lips met the harsh liquid.

The dark rings around his eyes were far from subtle. Two nights without sleep, the stress and pain of his interactions with others, it had taken its toll. The whiskey did its part in numbing his mind. He felt a peace settle over him, a familiar buzz he knew all too well. He nestled back into his corner hoping to wait out the evening in a drunken solitude.

@Caticorn if you want finch ? whenever ur ready

1 Like

black minimalist twitter header

No need for my title, Klaus

Teddy insisted, making Klaus internally wince. He had hoped that Teddy would have said nothing about how Klaus had chosen to address him, as if there was strangers. Klaus did not want to be strangers with Teddy, no, don’t get him wrong, Teddy was and will still always be Klaus best friend, even though… Even though the situation they had both found themselves in, with their friendship distancing itself proving otherwise.

Still, Klaus had hesitated when he was told to call Theodore simple Teddy, like old times, he had wanted too, in fact, Klaus had repeated the name in his head, Teddy, Teddy, hey Teddy, how has your days been?, but instead of saying all that he was thinking, Klaus had simple said, “If that is what you desire,” Klaus began, Theodore,” Klaus replied with a forced smile, though inwardly, he felt a pang of discomfort. It wasn’t about the name itself; it was about what the name represented – a time when things were simpler, when they were just two kids, inseparable and carefree. A time when Liebe was still alive, a time when Klaus had not abandoned his own dearest friend, a time when Klaus had been a good man, or perhaps Klaus had never truly been a good man, has he?

Would a good man fail to protect his sister? Would a good man abandon all that he cared about due to sadness? The answer was no, and it left a bitter feeling in Klaus’s throat, so bitter that Klaus had to apologize, he had to ride himself from heat that burned in is throat, and so he did- he apologized, his nerves growing quicker with each word he uttered, as If he was awaiting rejection, and perhaps he was.

Klaus was very surprised though, to see that Teddy had seemed to not care for what had happened, that he had not blamed him nor had he hated him for he had told him that no one was at fault and Klaus wished he could believe that, that he could accept is as that and moved on, but doing so would be ignoring his own wrong deed, it would be committing a sin and Liebe had always taught him since he was a child, does who sin against a friend are bound to eternal torment. “Teddy,” Klaus had blurted out, he was surprised by how easy the name rolled from his tongue, even after all this years. “Theodore,” Klaus changed it, “Theodore, you do not have to take the fault with me.” Klaus told his oldest friend, “it was me, who abandoned you and I am truly sorry for it.” Klaus’s voice trembled slightly as he spoke, his heart heavy with guilt. He was very ashamed of his actions.

There was something that Theodore said next that struck Klaus had off, Teddy had told him that he was not in a good position himself, making Klaus blink rapidly, “Pardon me? What happened,” Klaus asked, concerned feeling his voice as his eyes widened, “Is it about the…” Klaus trailed off, not wanting to say it out loud, for it was something confidential that Teddy told him.

@Caticorn

1 Like

Copy of White Minimalist Elegant Line Art Floral Wedding Banner

“He mentioned that you had an unsettling experience yesterday, but he was abruptly interrupted before he could divulge further details,”
Belle relayed, her voice a soft echo in the dimly lit room as she gracefully made her way towards the bed. “Yet perhaps it’s more prudent for me to hear the tale firsthand, wouldn’t you agree?” she posed, the question hanging in the air like a veil of anticipation.

With a nod, Adeline began to talk, explaining what the events of yesterday had been,
and of course, like Belle predicted, it was problems that had to do with the male gender. Belle was not surprised, no, she was not for she knew Adeline was one to trust easily and especially to put her heart out in the open, something Belle had never prided herself on doing nor wished to do, and though Belle was not surprised about the problem part, she was surprised to find out though that the problem was Viscount Hashinton third son, Archibald Hastington.

Now, Belle knew him from what Adeline had told her when they were young, from the fact he was friends with Belle’s close friend, Atlas, and lady Azucena- another one of Belle’s friends had told her about him, still Belle could not say she knew Archibald on a personal basis. Yet, such a behavior from him was expected to her, perhaps that was due to Azucena’s words on the nature of the man and from Belle’s judgmental attitude, thus when Adeline had told her that she had thought Archibald shall not be like the others, Belle raised a brow but she held her tongue, awaiting for Adeline to continue.

As Adeline’s narrative unfolded, delving deeper into her beliefs and insecurities, Belle listened with a mixture of sympathy and discernment. Each word carried the weight of Adeline’s emotions, weaving a tapestry of vulnerability and doubt that Belle couldn’t help but empathize with. She recognized the sincerity in Adeline’s voice, the raw honesty laid bare in her confession.

As Adeline spoke of her disbelief and hurt at Archie’s perceived betrayal, Belle’s brow furrowed in thoughtful contemplation. She understood all too well the sting of shattered trust and the anguish of realizing that someone you held dear could wield their influence with callous disregard. Belle’s own experiences had taught her to tread cautiously in matters of the heart, to shield herself from the pain of betrayal with a veneer of cynicism.

Yet, as she gazed upon Adeline’s pained expression, Belle couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sympathy tug at her heartstrings. Unlike what others might believe of her, Belle knew all too well the allure of hope, the desire to believe in the goodness of others despite the shadows that lingered beneath the surface.Unlike Adeline though, Belle had an itch for always following those lingering doubts and failing to believe in people and their supposed ‘innocence’ it was a characteristic that Belle both liked and at times disliked about herself. Still, In Adeline’s unwavering faith in Archie’s character, Belle glimpsed a flicker of childhood innocence that she herself had long since relinquished.

With a gentle sigh, Belle reached out to clasp Adeline’s hand in a gesture of solidarity. “I do not think you a fool, I think your heart too big,” And a little childish, “But not foolish” Belle murmured her voice soft yet resolute. “It’s natural to want to believe in the best of others, especially when they’ve offered you solace in times of need. But remember, trust is a fragile thing, easily broken and difficult to mend.” Belle said, “And men, as judgmental as you might find my words to be, are quite fickle,”

“This is not me telling you not to fall in love or entertain your romantic heart, but me telling you to be more careful, Dear Adeline.” Belle stood in front of Adeline, "Guard your heart a little more, and if everything falls, you shall always have me and Atlas-when I get him to stop his brooding and talk to you more as after all, no matter what he is still your brother. "

Adeline continued to explain her mind, and Belle listened attentively until Adeline caught herself off, making Belle’s curious nature rise. “No, no. It is fine, really, since who?” Belle asked her voice tinging with curiosity, “I am not fond of talking about matters of the heart, indeed, but I am fond of talking to a friend and I do not mind to listen.” Belle said.

Belle’s eyes flickered to the gowns as Adeline stood up and walked towards the dresses. “Of course,” Belle began, “The blue gown shall compliment you well.”

@sunflowerjm

1 Like

DarkerVersionAzuBanner|669px;x223px;

“Perhaps you may know it now!” Azucena said politely, using the knowledge her mother had taught her about ladylike interaction. Truthfully, Azucena did not have many lady friends during her youth, nor in her adulthood. The only close friend was always Aurelia, but in the days since the season started, Azucena had only seen her once, and before that they had not spoken since the accident, so she was hardly a friend anymore. There was also that peculiar Belle, who was close enough to Azucena to invite her to tea, but not close like Aurelia, nor close like her boys.

To Azucena, boys were often just boys, and she could easily befriend them because they were quite simple to understand. Girls, however, were much harder to please in her eyes. Her mother was nearly impossible to satisfy, as was Duchess Ellis, as was sister Gertrude; they all made her shy away from other women, except for her dear Lia. She supposed she must make new friends now as she tried to forget her guilt and Orpheus Langston.

She behaved appropriately. Her skirts were smoothed, her hair was braided, her gestures were delicate and small, just as mother had intended, but this other woman’s feminity seemed to decimate her own. She was so polite; overly polite, even, like she feared Azucena might convince the ton to shun her if she made a wrong move. She wondered why that may have been, but she said nothing of it, returning from her thoughts to her learned facade.

Suddenly, the girl asked a very direct question, and then removed it just as quick without a chance for Azucena to digest it. At this, she gave her a puzzled look, tilting her golden crowned head to listen for her explanation. When she listened, a smile grew very slowly on her lips, touched by a story of love, and chuckled a bit at her comment of being old. Honestly, Azucena had not noticed her age until she had pointed it out. Although she looked mature, her features were quite smooth. She must have been even more beautiful at the time of this love story.

“You are not silly, not silly at all.” She laughed slightly, shaking her head. “I have been in love before, yes; twice, I believe. Once when I was a bit younger, and perhaps now once more, still with the same man.” Azucena smiled, her two front teeth showing adorably. “If I lost him once more, I think I too would go anywhere to find him, even the corners of the earth.” Her eyes were entranced somewhere, but she returned her gaze back to Katrina, admiring her features. “It is a very romantic thing you are doing.”

As she looked at her, Azucena’s spoken words were genuine; but as per usual, thoughts began to lurk beneath the surface of Azucena’s consciousness, threatening to permeate the barrier around her internal dialogue. Considering the close-knit relationship between the ton, or at minimum, the noble class, Azucena could not help but wonder if she knew the man Katrina spoke of. She hoped it was not Archibald, at the very least. The girl may have known nothing about her new acquaintance, but anyone deserved better than Archibald.

Anywho, Azucena returned to her more tranquil stream of consciousness, listening to Katrina speak of names. Her expressions also seemed to gild hidden thoughts, but Azucena did not have yet the will to deciper that. Surely, it was nothing negative about her, but she was not quite sure. Azucena was wanting to make a new female friend, so she hoped her words were also true; perhaps not naked, but exposed enough to be spotted by many.

“Thank you.” Azucena replied politely once again. “My name refers to the spanish version of lilies, what is yours?” The other girl continued, experimenting the feeling of Azucena’s nickname going over their heads. Then, she looked around at the ladies of the tea. “Have you met any of the other ladies yet? If you would like, I could show you around london as well!!” She said, and that part was a bit too realistic.

@kristi

4 Likes

ji

“It would be my pleasure, my pleasure to learn more about Spain,” Katrina said in reference to the lady stating that perhaps she may know it now. Katrina had smiled too, a small formal smile.

The dark blonde lady was nice, Katrina had decided, really nice, but in a way confusing. She had drifted into her thoughts, and Katrina had no idea what she was thinking, what she was imagining, or what she thought of Katrina. Perhaps she thought Katrina was being too formal, she was too tense, or perhaps she did not like her. There where so many different thoughts, the lady could be thinking about her- it could be nice, bad or in between, and Katrina hoped it was the first, if she wanted to navigate Europe’s strange lands, she needed someone who understood Europe’s strange lands perfectly, someone who grew up in them. So when Katrina had asked her question, she had feared that maybe she had messed up, she had asked a question that was far too personal, so she had quickly apologized but the lady- Azucena, did not seem to take any offense to it.

Instead, she had told her that indeed she had been in love before, twice and with the same man, causing Katrina to be surprised, “How does one fall twice with the same man?” She had asked, her tone polite and curious. “Whoever he is,” Katrina had added, “Is lucky to have caught your heart, my lady” Katrina said, politely, giving her a smile, one that was wider than the smiles she had given her as she was interested, truly curious in how one manages to fall In love with the same man twice.

But if that man truly had made a woman fall for him twice, then the man most be filled with charm, the same charm that Harrison seemed to possess, the same charm that never made her stop smiling. Against, her better judgement, Katrina found herself giggling out loud as she thought about him, about how everything always seemed to bring a smile on her face, she could not help herself to say, “He sounds like my love,” Katrina had confessed, “The man I speak off, he was a good man, charming, arrogant but his heart was filled with gold, I do not know if you know him, but he was quite charming, perhaps the loves we speak about are friends. For I too would perhaps drown, if I do not get the chance to see my love again, to tell him all that I have been meaning to tell him.”

The conversation had switched, and Katrina had asked about the meaning of Azucena’s name, as they introduced themselves to each other. “Pure,” Katrina had said, “My name means pure, it is not a name typically giving to my people, in fact I think it has european origins, but I was named after a character in a story my father liked, one whose heart was pure,”

“No I have not met any of the ladies, and indeed I shall like to be shown around London if its not too much trouble for you,”

this is dookie butt but here

@raviola

2 Likes

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Conversation with Klaus

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

There was an awkwardness to the way that Klaus said his name, reminding Theodore that it wouldn’t be easy for the pair to even get close to what their friendship used to be. He had been overly hopeful in offering for Klaus to call him Teddy, he knew that and while Theodore was better than Lord Radcliffe, it was still bittersweet coming from his friend’s mouth. He silently cursed himself for allowing the two of them to drift apart. He knew that it went both ways but he could have done more to maintain their relationship.

There was a glimmer of hope when Klaus blurted out his nickname but it was brief as he corrected the name before insisting that Teddy not take any fault for the current state of their friendship. “Then let us accept that we both had a role to play and we can vow to no longer be strangers.” He said, not willing to let Klaus take full responsibility. Especially when he had been scared to send a letter after so long had passed without them writing to each other. He hadn’t been sure if Klaus would read a letter from him which deterred him from sending one.

“No. No, it was not.” He responded as Klaus’ voice trailed off. It was something he had confided to Klaus years ago and while he appreciated the concern and the discreetness in the way that his friend inquired about it, he was starting to wonder if he shouldn’t have said anything. “It was something I had to take care of in China but it has been dealt with. That I can assure you.” He explained, not wanting to go into much detail about it. Especially in the somewhat public setting they were currently in.

@Kristi - Klaus

3 Likes

‘Overthinking only tends to yield failure’ Liebe Shafer used to tell him, when Klaus would worry too much. She would often scoff when Klaus would walk circles around his chambers, scared for what was to come and scared that he had messed up something- even though Liebe assured him he had not. Such a common occurrence had Liebe grabbing him by his collar as she forced him to sit. She had crossed her arms together and told him if he was so scared of failure he should stop overthinking.

He wished he could, he wished that overthinking in his mind will be a thing of the past, but like a but like a persistent shadow, it clung to him, darkening his thoughts with each passing moment. Klaus knew that Liebe’s words were meant to be a beacon of hope, a lighthouse guiding him away from the rocky shores of doubt. Yet, he couldn’t shake the feeling that his overthinking was a beast of his own making, one that fed on his fears and grew stronger with his indecision. So do pardon Klaus if his worrying was getting too much for one to tolerate, he was trying, not to overthink so much bow how could he? Especially noticing the way his friend’s face had fallen when Klaus had called him "Theodore’ instead of Teddy. “Teddy,” Klaus made himself say, liking the way it rolled out of his tongue- like his childhood days, though it seemed more awkward compared to before when Teddy was an easy two syllable pronunciation. Now, with the way Klaus said it, one would think Teddy had 5 syllables. He had blurted his name when he was apologizing, taking note of how it lightened the mood, although things were still quite the tensed.

Klaus did not want to accept that, he knew that it was mostly his fault and he did not want to let another person take the blame for his fault, but he saw that they shall not be purpose for bickering about whose fault it was so he kept silent, his face slightly a shade of red. He had flashed a smile- a genuine one, a type of smile he had failed to have this past years at the mention that they should seize this strange formalities between them and become friends once more. “I would love for that,” Teddy began, “Again, sorry, I didn’t mean to distance us further.” Klaus hesitated, feeling the weight of unspoken apologies between them. “I’ve missed you, Teddy. And I… I want to make things right, if you’ll let me . I return for Germany in a month” Klaus paused, “There shall be plenty of time hopefully for us to catch up.” especially because Klaus was not to hide anymore- he won’t let himself hide, no, he had to do this for himself for Liebe and or his old friends.

Klaus felt a pang of relief wash over him as Theodore reassured him that it wasn’t what he had feared. He nodded slowly, grateful for Theodore’s discretion and understanding. “I’m glad to hear that it’s been taken care of,” Klaus replied, his voice softening with genuine concern for his friend.

He resisted the urge to press for more details, recognizing Theodore’s reluctance to delve into the matter further, especially in their current surroundings. Instead, Klaus offered a small, reassuring smile, hoping to ease any lingering tension between them.

“Thank you for trusting me enough to share, Teddy,” Klaus said earnestly, his gaze meeting Theodore’s with warmth and sincerity. “And if you ever need anything, you know I shall be here for you” Klaus coughed, “Shall we get drinks?”

@Caticorn

2 Likes

Date: December 18th, 1811

As the frost of mid-December settles upon the realm, the Queen’s Castle opens its gates for a splendid Midwinter Ice Skating and Winter Ball. The festivities begin in the late afternoon, with a delightful ice skating session on the castle’s magnificent frozen pond. Here, amidst the invigorating chill, the guests glide gracefully across the ice, their breaths visible in the cold air. The pond is surrounded by lanterns, casting a warm, golden glow that reflects off the ice and illuminates the joyous faces of the skaters. The serene beauty of the winter landscape, accentuated by the soft twinkling of the lanterns overhead, creates a truly enchanting scene. Laughter and the sound of blades cutting through ice fill the air, making it an afternoon to remember.

@TheBridgertonRP

9 Likes

Purple Sky Profile Header (2)
Yet AGAIN, Clotilde had forced Louisa to go out and socialize. Louisa was currently gliding around the ice. At least she could just skate away if anyone tried to talk to her. Not to mention, there was the possibility of being plunged into the water to drown. That would definitely be lovely. Her mother actually approved of her skating, which made Louisa roll her eyes. She finally enjoys something her mother liked. At least they wouldn’t fight about that. Maybe. She probably shouldn’t speak of it. She may jinx herself. Trying not to think about it, Louisa skated faster, arms and legs pumping. She nearly bumped into several people, earning looks of annoyance. She was free, though. That was all that mattered. It was a wonder she hadn’t fallen yet.
@Madilnel - Augustus

1 Like

White Minimalist Simple Aesthetic Name Twitter Header

People often underestimate what can transpire within a few short months, and Harrison, ever the prideful artist, believed himself to be above such limitations. He fancied his thoughts to be as precious as gold and as ethereal as the stars, far removed from the mundane concerns of common folk. Yet, even Harrison, with all his lofty ideals, could not have foreseen that within such a brief span, he would once again lay eyes upon her. Katrina, the long-lost love he had resigned himself to never seeing again until he was old and gray, found her way back into his life in a manner he could scarcely believe.

They had met again, more than a month ago, when Harrison during the time he was supposed to be in the gentleman whiskey tasting and ‘fun’ time had decided to take a stroll in the park, and he had bumped into two people- Azucena and Katrina. When he was younger-perhaps around around 19 or 20, Harrison imagined how he was going to greet Katrina when they see each other agTheir unexpected reunion occurred just over a month prior. Harrison, expected at a gentleman’s whiskey tasting, chose instead to wander through the park. It was there he encountered not one, but two familiar figures: Azucena and Katrina. In his youth, perhaps at the tender age of nineteen or twenty, Harrison had often envisioned their reunion, imagining his heart would leap with joy and a serene smile would grace his lips. However, reality proved far more overwhelming. His blood ran cold, and he stood rooted to the spot as Katrina ran towards him, arms outstretched, enveloping him in a warm embrace. She leaned close, and though he braced for a kiss on the lips, she placed a gentle kiss upon his forehead instead. She began to speak of her reasons for being there and how deeply she had missed him. Only after Lady Osuna’s departure did the reality of Katrina’s presence truly sink in, and Harrison held her tightly, unable to contain his relief and joy.

Katrina now resided at Davis Manor, having requested to stay for a few months to rekindle their acquaintance. It had been some time since Harrison last saw Lady Osuna following her sudden departure. Concerned for her well-being, he had penned a letter inviting her to the midwinter ice skating and winter ball, hoping to ensure she was in good health.

. “Good evening, M’lady,” Harrison greeted, his characteristic smile gracing his lips as he approached Azucena from behind, startling her slightly. Katrina had accompanied him to the ball, but had momentarily departed to fetch herself a drink. . “It seems that in every universe, no matter how long it has been since we last met, you grow ever more beautiful. Has it only been a few weeks? And yet, you appear even lovelier than our last encounter, though you left quite abruptly then.” He complimented. “I must thank you, dear lady,” Harrison continued, his tone earnest, “for assisting Katrina in navigating the intricacies of England. She has spoken highly of your kindness and guidance. I told her that it is expected that you who is a treasurable person shall have a golden heart, but still thank you- and I have to wonder.” He went on, “How do you fair? You had departed quite abruptly the last time we saw each other.”

@raviola

ok so this is booty crack but I had 0 idea what I was doing, its been months since I wrote Harrison so here

2 Likes

DarkerVersionAzuBanner|763px;x254px;

enough for you

One month. One month since Lady Azucena Osuna had heard a single word from Harrison, or at that point, it may have been better to refer to him as The Earl Davis. And the worst part was that it still haunted her. The thought of him and what could have been preyed on her mind for the hundredth time and she could not leave it alone, but it would be a greater feat to face him. So she stayed silent, watching snowflakes fall outside of the window as she stood idle and waiting for the so-called gentleman to try and find her like he said he would before the next song played. Surely he would not dance with her, as she figured he had a new companion.

She wore her warmest clothes; a long, steel blue gown with long, billowing sleeves, her skirt going down all the way to where one could only see the points of her shoes. Her hair was loose, the dark blonde locks falling naturally over her shoulders. Her hazel eyes appeared greener than before. Perhaps it was because she herself had changed, too. And even though she wore sleeves to cover herself, Azucena could not help but still feel cold. Love had failed her once more, and she had the nerve to act surprised.

“Katrina?” Harrison asked, standing in the middle of the street where he had ran into the two girls together. His curly hair, scruffy beard, caped coat, his whole silhouette animated as he spoke to the girl, and Azucena felt as though her view of him only grew smaller as she pulled back, and he faded away. It wasn’t true, It couldn’t be. The woman she tried to befriend… that was his Katrina? She was not what Azucena imagined at all, for she had wrinkles… and it appeared like her hair was days away from graying. What kind of horrid beast was she if she could not get her off his mind?!

She knew she shouldn’t have thought that way, but it was the voice of her mother shouting in her head. Azucena could not stand it. She didn’t want to think like mother, who shamed the working class of people like her birth mother, but Azucena did not know any other feeling besides anger concerning the woman who could take her love away.

Before she knew it, the hag wrapped her arms around him. She put her hands over his shoulders like she thought he was so strong and so muscular, like they shared a flame that would never burn out nor dull at all. And she was right. She had to have been right, because if Azucena knew her name, it meant she had stayed relevant to him years after his time in Africa. There was no point in their books of poetry, in showing him her flaws, in speaking to him at all and showing him her new thoughts on life and the ways she had always felt. It was fruitless, fruitless, fruitless.

“So, Katrina. You are… Harrison’s Katrina?” She asked with absolute terror creeping under her voice. Harrison met her eyes, and she chuckled nervously. On his lips, a smile grew, and she already knew the answer to her question from witnessing that alone. She needn’t hear it. In fact, she tuned it out.

“I’m sure you two have alot to catch up on,” Azucena insisted politely, “so I must be returning to tea. I shall see you soon!” (she never did)(it has now been like 30 days).
Then, she quickly scurried back off to the tea party, where she finally spoke with her lady friends as she fought back thoughts of what had just occurred with Harrison.

Presently, a voice called out from behind her, and a chill ran down Azucena’s spine.
“Good evening, M’lady,"

With a hesitant pivot, she turned and faced him, but she found herself newly unable to settle into his dark brown eyes. It was like they could not meet in the middle, where he saw her and she saw him but she was looking for his gaze, and he only saw her blonde hair. Effortlessly, he complimented her, and she could not help but wonder where his heart lay now. Was he saluting her in search of friendship because he had chosen her? Did he regret not seeking her out? What did he think about his future and did he care about hers at all? What was a year apart compared to this month-long absence? What was three days of romance to their relationship as a whole? What would happen if he knew she had not been so lonely this past month either?

Her mind was riddled with questions, but she was only brave enough to say so much out loud.

“Thank you- for your compliments,” she clarified awkwardly, hoping he had not forgotten her doe-like demeanor enough to be off-put by her manner. “I am fine. I hope you are also well. How has she been assimilating?” Azucena bit her tongue after asking. It was the closest thing to the question she really needed to ask. Please, Harrison, her mind raced. Tell me the truth.

@Kristi Harry also me replying in undr 12 hours is so lit i love me

1 Like

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Winter Ball with Lydia

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

It had now been over a month since Theodore had returned from China and truthfully, he found himself missing it. He had to confess that he much preferred the winter weather in Shanghai. Despite his longing for a milder climate, he was excited for the next event of the social season - an afternoon of ice skating followed by a ball at the palace. There was, of course, the usual task of getting to know the various ladies of the ton and selecting one who would meet his mother’s expectations and become his future Marchioness. In an attempt to alleviate some of his homesickness, he dressed himself in one of the traditional jackets that he had brought back with him, the golden embroidery reminding him why he had purchased the garment in the first place. It was a shame that he would have to cover it with his winter coat.

He departed for the palace with most of his family, an unimpressed Jasper having been left behind. However, as soon as they arrived, his father met up with some business partners of his and his mother gave him the usual speech of ensuring he find at least one lady to spend time with this evening before going off with his sisters to introduce them to the gentlemen she had deemed to be suitable for her daughters. This left Teddy alone and fending for himself.

He strolled the grounds of the palace, marvelling in its beauty and scanning the crowd for anyone of interest. He was hoping to come across someone he was already familiar with to avoid the awkward conversation of newly acquainted strangers. Additionally, meeting more new people would not bring him closer to finding a wife. Thankfully, his prayers were seemingly answered when a familiar young woman walked past him. Lydia Ellis. The lady he had visited but hadn’t had the chance to properly call on, thanks to her mother.

“Miss Ellis, how lovely it is to see you.” He greeted her as he caught up with her and took a place at her side. “Might I join you? Our first meeting was cut short and I would greatly appreciate a second chance at getting acquainted with you.” He asked, still curious to find out what had made his mother interested in her. She was very beautiful but he knew his mother. That couldn’t have been the sole reason for her to make her list.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

@novella - Lydia

1 Like

══✿══╡°˖✧ ✿ ✧˖°╞══✿══

After spending the last event with the opposite gender, Lydia didn’t know how she could cope returning to her usual duties. But because of her absence that she had unconvincingly excused as having flu symptoms, her mother took greater care in ensuring her proper attendance. “And what if I plague the rest of the ton?” She had attempted, which found her no luck. It was back to normal for Lydia, and the Ellis’ arrived to the Winter Ball in a carriage. “What is it that makes a ball Winter-like, anyway?” Lydia asked to a non-responsive audience of Aurelia and her mother sat across from her. “Perhaps it is that this time maintaining a cold demeanour towards others would be deemed acceptable,” She proposed, to which only glares of disdain were her responses. Well, at least she found it funny.

“Ah, ice,” Lydia acknowledged out loud as they entered the Queen’s castle. “I must say I preferred my own suggestion,” She muttered as they advanced further in. Though as they continued, Lydia noticed something. By this point her mother would already be spotting prospective suitors for Lydia to speak with upon entering. However this time, she looked expectantly in her direction, to only be given silence. “I’m going to go… to the refreshments,” She announced, testing the waters, anticipating an interruption that never came. Fine with her, Lydia was not going to stick around and find out what this meant.

Her venture alone did not last long, though, as Lydia heard someone addressing her. He seemed to know her, but it would take a little more reminding for that to become mutual. But when he continued, the recognition waved over her. “Ah, I remember. Radcliffe, was it?” Lydia asked, hoping she had been correct. “Yes, that was it, in the fleeting moments you gifted me with a comb, and I’ve been left to wonder if you think of me as unkept?” She asked him, with a face as if she were bracing herself. “Don’t worry, better to tell me now and solve me of any future worries.”

══✿══╡°˖✧ ✿ ✧˖°╞══✿══

@Caticorn Theooooooo
@benitz786 stinky Ellis’

1 Like

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Winter Ball with Lydia

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

There was a moment of confusion on the girl’s face which made Teddy realize that he should have re-introduced himself to her. Thankfully, she seemed to remember him and he nodded in confirmation when she said his name. “Please, call me Theodore.” He offered with a smile, which fell when she accused him of thinking her unkempt because of the gift he had left for her during their failed calling. Perhaps it hadn’t been very smart of him to leave it without an explanation.

“Not at all, my lady. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I think you are beautiful, a vision to behold. Please accept my apologies if I made you feel as if I thought otherwise.” He quickly corrected, feeling very embarrassed with himself. This was rather unlike him, as usually his sureness in himself prevented him from feeling that way. “The comb I left for you is not meant for personal grooming, rather it is an accessory and now I wish I had been able to tell you that when giving it. The ladies in China use them to adorn their hair when it is styled. It is purely meant to accentuate the beauty that is already there.” He explained, still silently cursing himself for not explaining it in the first place and already hearing his sisters’ laughter when they inevitably hear about this.

“I do hope that you will grant me this opportunity to redeem myself.” He asked, trying to maintain an air of confidence despite his worry that he had offended her into disinterest. His mother would never let him live it down if his own stupidity had ruined a match for him before he even had the chance to properly become acquainted with the girl. He waited with anxious anticipation for her response, wanting to gauge her reaction before offering her his arm.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

@novella - Lydia

1 Like

══✿══╡°˖✧ ✿ ✧˖°╞══✿══

As he continued to talk Lydia realised why she didn’t know him very well. Her mind cast back to the repressed memory of her mother herding up a line of suitors for her. This man may have been the one actually closest to her age, but had been abruptly pushed out before Lydia had a chance to say anything. “Theodore. Nice to meet you again. To properly meet you,” She told him genuinely, as he already seemed significantly more pleasant to talk with than any of the people from that day.

Lydia winced at her own words as Theodore received her joke as her genuine offence, and began explaining the context of the comb. “I would have happily accepted yes as an answer, but that was more than sufficient - insightful even,” She told him, her expression softening to establish clearer that Lydia hadn’t been serious. “I appreciate learning the history behind the comb though, truly. I have found a new appreciation for it because of this,” Lydia expressed, always looking for opportunities to learn as secret glances of books wasn’t always adequate. “If only you had been given the chance to contextualise it in the first place,” She smiled.

“A redemption is not necessary, Theodore,” Lydia reassured, as she stepped forward in line with him as if open to his offer. “Though by all means, show me your best,” She challenged.

══✿══╡°˖✧ ✿ ✧˖°╞══✿══

@Caticorn Theodore

2 Likes

Klaus could scarcely believe it had been mere months since he last trod upon English soil. The sensation was surreal, to be present yet simultaneously yearn for an escape. He would have vanished altogether, were it not for the unexpected missive from his father. Upon receiving the news, Klaus had laughed—a sound imbued with confusion and nervousness—suspecting it to be another of his father’s attempts at tough love or perhaps an effort to bond through mockery. Yet, there was no jest in it, leaving Klaus thoroughly bewildered.

The announcement was imminent, his father had said, and Klaus found himself wracked with nerves. Why did he succumb to such anxiousness so readily? Fortunately, his habit of eschewing gloves kept his trembling hands hidden, he hoped. It would not bode well for the Shafer family, nor the other family involved, if he were perceived as incompetent. He must comport himself with dignity, to bring pride to his father and mother. But how? Should he engage in lively conversation or maintain a poised and contemplative stance? If Liebe were present, she would surely guide him, but alas, she was not. Today, he must banish thoughts of Liebe, he must stand tall and resolute—for her sake and that of his brother, Dough.

Klaus surveyed the room, seeking a familiar face to engage in conversation. Most guests appeared engrossed in their own discussions. Perhaps he could locate Theodore—no, Teddy—and rekindle their camaraderie. Yet, Teddy was nowhere to be seen. Eventually, his gaze alighted upon a young lady of dusky complexion, one he had conversed with the previous day—Miss Priti Mehta, if his memory served him correctly. She appeared quite nervous, hesitant to join the others on the ice. Should he approach her, or would that be deemed inappropriate by society’s stringent standards? Despite his noble upbringing, the labyrinthine rules of society often eluded him. Nevertheless, Klaus felt compelled to assist the seemingly apprehensive lady and began to approach her with a sense of curiosity.

“Good day, Miss Mehta,” Klaus greeted, his voice laced with a touch of uncertainty. “Might I—ah, shall I—can I be of assistance?” He struggled momentarily with his words. “I could not help but notice that you seem quite solitary and do not venture onto the ice,” he explained, his tone gentle. “I apologize if I have misunderstood, but do you perhaps dislike skating?”

@Caticorn

1 Like

White Minimalist Simple Aesthetic Name Twitter Header

understand-keshi

She was quite awkward with her response, and Harrison could tell she was struggling to find the words to say to him—there were so many different reasons why; it could be due to anger at him for not reaching out in the past month or perhaps confusion on where they stand, especially since Katrina, his Katrina—the one he often told her about—was back in the present and had accompanied him to the Queen’s skating ball.

"“How come you say thank you for the compliments but do not seem quite thankful?” He arched a brow and flashed a smile, "Your ‘thank you’ echoes like a melody yet to find its crescendo,” he teased, his eyes alight with playful challenge. “And yet, here you stand, shrouded in mystery, leaving me to wonder if it’s my absence that’s turned your words bittersweet.” He continued, “For I say my compliments with all the sincerity I could muster and you trample on it, like it was worthless, speaking to me like a stranger, are we strangers Azucena?” He whispered her name, ringing each syllable- A-zu-Ce-Na, “For I was under the impression we knew each other a little too much to be strangers, no?” He questioned, his tone light in order to brighten the mood, and disregard the discomfort that seemed to dance in the air.

She began to ask about Katrina, and Harrison could sense quite the discomfort in her words as she asked about her, making him shake his head. “I don’t quite think you shall actually desire to talk about her. You seem to dislike her, though months ago before she had seen me again, you guys seemed like friends, she had been quite glad to make a friend in the ton, she had told me” he began. “But if you must know, she has been assimilating quite well, though she still is having quite the trouble."

He paused, reflecting on Katrina’s struggles. She was not of European descent or noble birth, after all. The glittering world of balls, titles, and courtly expectations was foreign to her, and despite her grace and intelligence, there were barriers that even his influence could not easily dismantle. Harrison knew this all too well; he had witnessed the subtle slights, the whispered gossip, the veiled disdain from those who saw Katrina as an outsider encroaching on their insular society.

“As you know, English society, has always been less than kind. You had said so before, haven’t you? How even though you are from noble birth, of European noble birth, there still seems quite the distinction between societies though they are both equally as judgmental.” He recalled, “The catholic-protestant mentality still lives strong among Europeans does it not?” He had commented. “But of course I had tried to help, my sisters, along with my mothers had also been quite helpful.” He crossed her arms, “Now, that we had gotten that out in the air, can we discuss how you are actually feeling or do we want to dance around it?” He questioned leaning down, “For we could skate on the ice and talk about why you seem so crestfallen and why you left quite abruptly last month, or we could still skate and become actors as we pretended last month abrupt leaving never happened. It is your wish,” He thrusted his hand for Azucena to grab, “But I think the lady has quite the questions, does she not?”

Harrison did have his own questions with himself too- he was quite conflicted with himself for Katrina, his Katrina, his first love. Truthfully, though he had dreamt many times about meeting her again, In his mind it was simply fantasy, mythology if you will, the very idea of meeting her again. He had been down casted to have her disappear from his arms the year she did, but he had accepted it he had accepted that she could only be happy in her nation, free from the very binding chains, and he was not to force her to Europe or disturb her peace, he was to give her happiness as a gift.

Yet, now she was here, and the fantasy had collided with reality in a disconcerting way. He had spent so many years imagining what he would say, how he would feel, but those imaginings did not account for the complexity of his current life. It should be easy, choosing where his heart lies—that is, Katrina. Has it not always been Katrina? Even when he was engaged to marry Azucena, was it not Katrina who accompanied his thoughts? And was he not overjoyed to see Katrina when she had returned, overjoyed to see her smile brighter than she previously did, her eyes prettier than before because they were filled with a sense of comfort and love and not the fear that previously existed?

Yet, now she was here, and the fantasy had collided with reality in a disconcerting way. He had spent so many years imagining what he would say, how he would feel, but those imaginings did not account for the complexity of his current life. It should be easy, choosing where his heart lies—that is, Katrina. Has it not always been Katrina? Even when he was engaged to marry Azucena, was it not Katrina who accompanied his thoughts? And was he not overjoyed to see Katrina when she had returned, overjoyed to see her smile brighter than she previously did, her eyes prettier than before because they were filled with a sense of comfort and love and not the fear that previously existed?

Time had done her quite well, and Harrison was happy for all that. He had always said to himself that if fate had them meet again, he would drop everything and elope with Katrina—marry her, the woman he so fervently loved, they could rekindled it quite quickly-Katrina and his love. His sisters, brothers and mothers seemed to lover her, though she was not of noble birth she was quite fun to be around his younger sister had said- she was quite the dancer and she was teaching dear Angelina a few dance moves, but for some reason he was conflicted and the reason was standing in front of him currently.

“Do you know that you confuse me so?” Harrison questioned, gazing into her hazel eyes, as they skated.

@raviola

me trying to get back into a Harrison mindset and its so hard bruh

1 Like

* .✧◦ ━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━ ◦✧. *

Ice Skating with Orpheus

* .✧◦ ━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━ ◦✧. *

As a child, Finch had grown accustomed to being overlooked. He had never been anyone of importance to his family or the people around him, which allowed him the luxury of being invisible unless he wanted to be seen. That is until Lady Whistledown had shed light on the one thing Finch tried his hardest to keep in the dark. The one thing he had actually intended to take to his grave. Suddenly, it felt as if everyone’s eyes were on him and he hated the feeling. He wished he could go back to being the forgotten son.

* .✧◦ ━━ ◦ Earlier That Day ◦ ━━ ◦✧. *

“Back so soon, Birdie?” Nathaniel teased as Finch walked through the front door of the Ridlington manor house. While he hadn’t expected anything less from his brothers, the comment still made him uncomfortable as he stood in the front foyer, a member of his family’s staff helping with his bags. Only one had come to greet him, one he had grown close to over the course of her employment with his family. She looked at him with a sense of pity which told him that the other staff wanted nothing to do with him. He had hoped to enter the house quietly and retreat to his bedroom without alerting the other members of his family to his presence. Alas, that had not been the case and his siblings were now making their appearances, one by one.

When Finch had left during the aftermath of Lady Whistledown’s paper, he hadn’t told anyone besides his mother that he was leaving, let alone where he had gone. He had gone to visit a sister of his mother’s who lived far from the bustling rumour mill of London and thus was blissfully ignorant to Finch’s sexual attraction. The way he had left meant that he wouldn’t be around to witness his brothers’ pleasure at having yet another reason for treating him as if he was a different species.

“Finch!” Juliet exclaimed, quickly coming down the stairs. She was the first to actually approach him and embrace him as his brother stayed at the bottom of the staircase, not daring to come further.

“Leave him be, Nathaniel.” Dorothea scolded to their brother. “Welcome back, brother.” She said as she turned her attention back to her younger brother, embracing him.

“Careful, Thea. It might be contagious.”

“Do you ever tire of the stupidity that leaves your mouth every time it opens?”

Their mother appeared at the top of the stairs before Nathaniel had the chance to respond, causing each of the siblings to quiet down, watching their mother attentively. She approached Finch slowly and silently took him in her arms. Her embrace told him that she had been spending the weeks of his absence debating what was more important- her reputation or her role as his mother.

“Father?” He asked, remembering the disappointment in his father’s eyes when he confirmed that what had been said about him was true. He wanted to know where his relationship with his father stood and he got his answer when his mother shook her head, refusing to make eye contact.

* .✧◦ ━━ ◦ Present ◦ ━━ ◦✧. *

Of all the events he could have returned to, he was somewhat grateful that this one included ice skating. On the ice, people would be more focused on staying upright than identifying the other skaters around them, meaning that he would be able to avoid being stared at for at least a few moments. Juliet, hoping to avoid their mother’s endless pursuit of suitors for her, had joined him in this method of avoidance. It was successful for a short while before they were discovered and their mother dragged Juliet off to meet yet another young man she deemed eligible, leaving Finch alone on the ice once more.

* .✧◦ ━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━ ◦✧. *

@DandelionKate - Opheus

1 Like

Ice Skating : Interaction w/ Finch Ridlington ~ongoing~

A breath of chilled air escaped Orpheus lips in a thin, smoky cloud as he stepped out onto the rink. The ton was swirling about in a clumsy pile, slipping and stumbling into one another in a most unseemly display.

As he stepped out, the slick hiss of metal on ice was oddly familiar to him as Aurelia quite enjoyed the winter months and its activities, ice skating included. As a child, Orpheus spent hours out on the frozen lake alone, falling, wobbling, attempting to hold himself upright long enough to impress Aurelia with his abilities. The next day, covered in bruises and still red from the cold, Orpheus had taken her hand for the first time. How naive and pure their love had been.

Orpheus’ eyes scanned the faces of the participants, desperately hoping to find Aurelia once more. A memory of their past friendship, their shared love, it could be what he needed to win her over yet again.
Orpheus was hardly aware of his surroundings, his eyes combing across endless shades of poorly designed winter dresses in search of the Ellis family. He was so fixated, in fact, that he had not seen how close in proximity he had glided directly into the back of Finch Ridlington.

Orpheus was no stranger to gossip, and he of course had read word of Finch’s affliction in the latest Lady Whistledown. As such, Orpheus’ distain grew, his fear of coming in contact with Finch in any capacity seizing his chest at the realization of their closeness. He could not afford the contagion of such a scandal as improper attraction. Orpheus had to secure a wife for the season, there could be no doubt as to where his affections lay.

“Lord Ridlington, you must excuse me. I was simply in search of Miss Ellis, I was far too preoccupied to sense your presence. My apologies.” Orpheus bowed his head slightly, refusing eye contact with Finch. The harsh formality of their interactions returning to his cadence as he spoke to Finch with a coldness far greater than the ice on which they stood.

Orpheus attempted to skate around him, however as his eyes were fixated elsewhere, his skates caught the edge of Finch’s, causing both of them to go crashing down into the chilled ground below.

Orpheus still refused to meet his eyes, a panicked cry building at the understanding of how he would appear to the ton. Their physical closeness now was unmistakably clear, their legs intertwined, their faces mere inches apart. Orpheus’ hands fumbled along the ground, his eyes squeezed shut against the sight of Finch so close to him. The contact alone sent Orpheus in a familiar panic, tears already welling in his eyes. He kicked and pulled himself away from Finch, hyperventilating along the edge of the ice, attempting to calm himself before he caused a scene. He sat, unmoving, desperately trying to pull himself together before every member of the ton recognized his fear, before they recognized his desire.

mentioned:
Lia / @benitz786
Finch / @Caticorn

2 Likes

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Winter Ball with Lydia

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

“It’s a pleasure to formally make your acquaintance, Miss Ellis.” Theodore responded with a smile and a small but courteous bow. She seemed to mean every word she said to him, which he appreciated and confirmed to him that she was someone he wanted to continue to get to know. At the very least, he could tell that she was very different from her mother, who clearly had no regard for first impressions, as was evident by the way she had dismissed Teddy without letting him make a case for himself.

Teddy couldn’t stop a small chuckle from escaping as she told him that she would have accepted yes as an answer to her question. However, he had spent enough time with his sisters to know that it wouldn’t have been in his best interest to do so. Nevertheless, he felt slightly embarrassed that he had given an excessive defence. “I spent some time in China prior to the start of the season. It gave me an opportunity to bring back items that might not be found here.” He explained further, feeling glad she appreciated both the comb and its history. A small wave of regret washed over him as she wished he had been given the chance to contextualize the comb.

He smiled as she reassured him that a redemption was unnecessary and challenged him to show her his best, feeling relieved that nothing was being held against him. “Well then. Care to join me for a stroll?” He asked, finally feeling as if he could offer her his arm. He felt that a nice stroll would be a good starting point for the evening.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

@novella - Lydia

1 Like