Bridgerton | Sign Ups and Chat

yeah when I was in college, I paid my way no problem! my rent was around $650 total with utilities. groceries around $200 a month ish if I kept it light. so I maybe spent $1500 with additional stuff a month. I worked 2-3 jobs at a time so I made enough to cover my bills and still save up a bit.
BUT
now rent is like $1k minimum and the minimum wage in GA is still $7.25 an hour :sweat_smile: even working full time that’s still not enough to live on soooo

there’s no way
I mean as a server now I’m getting around $25-$35 an hour but my hours aren’t that great sooo I’m getting like $1400 a month which is trash even with no rent payment

3 Likes

like the cost of living is sky rocketing and the average salary is still lower than it’s ever been :joy: prices go up and pay stays the same and it’s wildddd
so big props to anyone who can afford to live on their own rn bc I would simply pass away from stress and poorness LOL

1 Like

Damn, that’s way above the average Dutch salery. I did not even earn $1400 a month while working 30 hours a week here… But I guess living here is also somewhat less expensive, and I did not have the best job (supermarket).

okok

1 Like

If I would want to move out rn, I would have to spend at least $600 just for a place to live, probably around $150 groceries a month, and I just don’t know how I would ever get that money. I could take student loans, but the interest rate is made much worse for those here, so I really don’t want to… Plus I already have enough debts from my bachelor (they said they would be interest free but apparently they changed that and now the interest alone adds another big sum of money to my debts) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

She wants to know doesn’t she? Little curious is she? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question :thinking:
In a way I am really awake, but in another way I am exhausted :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah cost of living in the US right now is actually insane. like we are for real in a recession. the worst the US economy has ever been in. so fun :joy:

but yeah my loan payment rn is $200 a month
sooo that leaves me $1200 out of my current income…$1k for rent…$200 left to live :joy::joy: literally not possible

soooo rant over
but I’m just frustrated with $$$ right now lol

2 Likes

I mean you can’t blame a girl for being curious … But no, she’s more interested in the idea of taking a short break from being around people. Maybe she can even take a brisk walk with him if she takes on a chaperone … Maybe her aunt, who presented her might want to do so

1 Like

Moood, but yeah, I am gonna be wise and sleep, but it was interesting hearing your perspective on this stuff!

2 Likes

I was like that yesterday… Two days ago I was finishing up a project and couldn’t sleep knowing if I did I would lose precious time and dissapointing a friend (but I won’t go into such detail) and then I got into bed becuase I didn’t want my mother to hear me typing away at 6 when she wakes up to get ready to work, but then I fell asleep and woke up at 8 or 9 and continued working until 13, and then at 17 the project was mulled over and sent … But then by 8pm I was overtired and couldn’t sleep and I knew I had to wake up early the next day.

@Ouijaloveletters so Bainbridge is now free, I’ll make the first post don’t worry, but I was wondering if you would mind Bainbridge coming over to tell her good news about his work proposition, I was thinking, he’d probably make a proposition to her about the factory which she owns

1 Like

@CrazyCaliope where is magnus rn

1 Like

Just leaving the dance floor after his first dance.

2 Likes

Hi

1 Like

Sure!

1 Like

what’s upppp 🫶🏻

1 Like

we will see about that

DONT LAUGH AT HER

stop finding it adorable then

*and now you need to add that, its crucial.

WHAT CONNECTION IS BLOSSOMING???

1 Like

shhhh shhhhh it’s ok :joy: let it happen

1 Like

bc if someone said this to me….marriage. rn. this is practically a proposal in my book :joy:

3 Likes