Camp Solace 🌅 | Sign ups + Chat | Revamp

Camp Solace: If you’re a person with supernatural powers or abilities in search of a soulmate. Look no further! This Camp is the first such place to do so. Beware though, the cameras will always be on you unless you find the hiding spots with no cameras :wink: But rest assured, the audience will know what happened even if they can’t see it!

FAQ

• Do all characters need to have superpowers
  • No, you can have characters who don’t have powers as well
  • Is it known to the world that supernatural beings exist?
  • Yes it is known to the world since it first started happening
  • Is the lore based on any existing work of fiction?
  • No, I’m making up all the lore
  • What kind of superpowers are we allowed to give our characters?
  • You’re allowed any kind of powers so long as they’re not OP
  • Do the FCs have to be human?
  • No the FCs don’t need to look human, but they need to be human or at least half human (like werevolves or mermaids or sirens)
TAGS

@Meekepeek
Those who wanted to be tagged: @Ouijaloveletters @Bluecookies @Tina.G @idiot.exe @sunflowerjm @duck @ChayChay05 @bpalmer
Some people I think might like this:
@Jass @Kristi @Bexs @Cadborosa @novella @CrazyCaliope @elixr @ethereal @Cam @astxrism @unsungcheerio @benitz786 @Littlefeets @sunflower.flow

HELPFUL LINKS :

6 Likes

No promises I’ll join, but I’ll have a think about it!

4 Likes

That’s okay, you don’t need to make any promises, I just tagged you becuase I thought you might like it and if you do like it and join, tath’s great, but if not, that’s ok also

4 Likes

Let’s goooo. I’ll add my characters soon, can’t say when due to busy with school and shizzles

3 Likes

I know, tyt

2 Likes

I have a bunch of questions about the RP for me to decide if I wanna join, do you prefer me to ask them here or in a PM?

3 Likes

Sure, go ahead and ask them here where others can see it as well!

3 Likes

Okay! Give me a few minutes

2 Likes

I’ll answer them straight after lunch. Who knows, maybe one of your questions is about something I haven’t figured out yet, so It’ll push me to think about it

3 Likes

They are quite basic questions tbh :joy:

• What’s like the main genre of this RP? It seems sort of fantasy combined with romance, am I understanding that correctly?
  • Is it based on any specific lore (like book/show whatever) I need to know to get into it?
  • How does it work with fcs, as I assume there’s mostly supernatural characters, do they look human or not? Or can we decide that ourselves?
  • Is there anything specifically we would need to base our powers on (cause I know there are some generic systems for supernatural power and stuff) or can we take complete freedom with this (as long as it’s not overly powerful?)
4 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right description of the genre, but the main focus is that it’s a fake reality TV show with supernatural elements

No, I’m making up all the lore, and the lore is pretty basic tbh

You can make them look not human, as long as they are human. I think adding species would be odd since this powers thing is just a gift that was given to humans to help them in their everyday lives. You can have half-human half-other species, that’s the furthest I allow it, so for instance minotaurs, lycantropes, mermaids, sirens are all allowed, but species on their own, like orcs, aren’t allowed. However, if you have a good story and think you can make a species with resonable explanation, you can always PM me pitch your ideas and I’ll see if I can do anything about it.

Well the powers arrived to Earth in a form of a light that released them onto the world but it caught onto some people who lived then and added itself to their genetic code. Since then the powers could be mixed and matched via genetics, or they could be attributed in other ways since powers were released but those that didn’t latch on to humans can still be obtained by other means. So if you have a good story you can pick any power, but if a power is too OP I wish you’d come to me to agree on a barrier of some sort.

5 Likes

Okay, this all sounds good to me, so I think I’m in then. Will make possibly even my character already today!

5 Likes

Wow, I’m glad you think I’m doing a good enough job at this! Thank you!

4 Likes

Not to say you didn’t do a good job, cause you absolutely did, but mostly I looked at whether it aligns with my personal preferences and it sounds like it does so that’s good! I don’t necessarily want something that’s too heavy on the romance, I don’t really like full non-human characters, and I feel it’s relatively free when it comes to powers as long as they’re balanced, which I like! So in general, it just sounds like it’ll work for me!

4 Likes

Awesome! Also, it’s good that you pick up that although your character will have a soulmate given to them, that soulmate doesn’t have to be romantic

4 Likes

Wait one question… it might sound silly or stupid. Haha but for the powers is it like elemental powers or more than that? I mean supernatural powers could be a lot of them. Sorry just wanted to clarify

4 Likes

Any power is ok so long as it’s not OP (overpowered) but if a power is OP you can add some sort of barriers for instance (my character can control minds of other character, but they get such bad headaches they can’t go too much against the people’s wills and make them do things they don’t secretly want to)

3 Likes

This seems fun! I’m interested in joining, but I may have to wait until my exam period is over [next month or so] before I’m able to work on a character. Is there an approximate timeline on when signups would be closing? I know this is v early to be asking, but I don’t want to end up holding everything else back.

3 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday:!!!

2 Likes

No, I forgot to mention, you can join at any time, the camp can start filming and introduce new characters by saying "Campers, greet your new costar … "

2 Likes