Can memes be considered art?

I’m very torn on this issue :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t think so. Not from what I’ve seen so far but who knows in the future :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Hmmm, a definition of what art is:

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

You could argue both ways based on this definition. Personally I have a slightly different definition of what art is. In my opinion, art is art when the maker considers it art and it’s an expression of emotions. Based on that I would probably say it isn’t art cause I have the idea people who make memes don’t consider it art.

4 Likes

I don’t really think so but there is art in the creativity used in thinking about them? But in general, it’s not art

They’re art because they are creative and express emotions :eyes::sparkles:

Are all memes art? Or do you think that only self drawn memes can be considered art? :eyes::eyes:

This is a really interesting question and I don’t really know what to say… Yes and no?

@Artists, I’d like to see what you think?

1 Like

Uhmm no…
Unless you’re drawing the meme.

Yes, memes are the artwork of nature. Memes are the most beautiful artwork

(Lmao issa joke)

yes they are the art of humor

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that memes are considered art, but at the same time in this year, it’s probably gonna be written off as gatekeeping so honestly, take it whatever way.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity