Can music help society understand gender?

Music always has a way of sending some form of message. So I’d say it is likely there is music which can help understand gender although I don’t really know what music :thinking: maybe you guys do.

What do you think?

1 Like

This.
1 Like

Yeah, I think it can. If music can help a nine-year-old understand the conjugations of the verb aller, then it can help people of any age understand that there are more than two genders. Honestly speaking, if a songwriter is clever enough, they could probably weasel the message into any musical genre.

Yes. As some people are keen on music, they’ll understand the message better through music.

@LGBTCommunity what do you guys think?

Infact let’s forget society for a moment, are there any songs that helped you understand gender?

1 Like

I don’t necessarily wanna name a particular song, 'cause I would have to say that I think the NZ power duo, The Topp Twin were my teachers. At young age, I believe it was them that more taught me about equality in general. Not just gender and sexuality but equality of everything. I love them for everything they have done and still do!

Closed due to inactivity