Can we create more social media types for RPs?

There has been an increasing number of RPs that include social media slides. These slides can add another level of depth to the RP with a new form of interaction and expression for the characters. A vast majority of the time, these social media slides are designed after Instagram, but what other social media types could be used?

What do you think would be good types of social media to include in these types of slides?
Would anything aside from Instagram really be needed or commonly used?

@RPers

6 Likes

Reddit and Tik Tok, Facebook etc … but I would like to see some social media made exclusivley for the RP (not real ofc)

3 Likes

I agree. Social media has a lot of potential in the community, especially with very modern ones. You can actually make one that’s heavily-based on it!

Social media platforms that feature discussions; that can definitely add up to character depth and development!

Yes, of course. RP creators can make their own ones up, even being supported by weebly (is that the name?). I think that’s common :thinking:

3 Likes

I think Snapchat could be fun. Even if you’re just using it for the little bitmoji dudes.

Probably not, honestly. Unless someone wanted to like… specifically design a web format on Weebly or Wix for social media things.

See, but I feel like using the slides would almost just be easier for something like this. I mean, Instagram’s great but maybe if an RP used social media as an element, I think it would be better to try and make your own platform/social media thing.

@RPers what do you guys think?

3 Likes

What do you think a RP solely based on a social media site would be like? So every character post would be like a social media post.

2 Likes

Potentially, kind of like that Unfriended movie where everything is done on the computer. Or it could be taken to an easier level where it’s Social Media influencers dealing with drama, sponsorships, maybe with the added scare of someone trying to kill them or they’re being stalked.

2 Likes

Twitter and discord I guess

3 Likes

Yeah but who likes easy. That would be interesting, though I really like the idea of having the whole RP where characters are interacting in a space where anyone can comment on their activity and discussion. Plus, you can have a character for their online persona and then a character info slot for what they’re really like.

2 Likes

New RPers like it easy :eyes:
Also so do I because I’m lazy
But, yesh, I could see that working. But I think having something to do with the actual danger of being famous online such as stalkers could be an interesting added bonus.

2 Likes

I was meaning that the hard part would be the creating of it rather than the actual RPing.
Yeah, possible. Though it would be fun with a Cat-fishing angle, actually.

2 Likes

I think its more of an element than a full on story thread.
I for example don’t use any social media except youtube, WhatsApp, disc and this forum.

But the things like insta, snap, faceb, etc. They are so uninteresting to me.

When an rp has the option of a instagram I always peek (hehe) the very first time and never look back at it again.

Personality I don’t see any additional value to the social media slides and shizzles in an rp. :sweat_smile:

i use twt all the time so i’d like to see more characters using it as well haha

also just blogs? characters having blogs (and tying that in with the plot) could be so much fun
yes i’m talking abt Sol’s Just Midgard Things blog @pomme

2 Likes

I love how our favourite canon things always start off as memey things

1 Like

In most RPs with a social media aspect, I don’t normally do much with it for my characters. The exception being Blue Royalty, as among those of us who were active in the RP, the instagrams for our characters brought an additional level of depth. We could have interactions through comment wars between the characters which would impact how the characters felt about each other if they interacted later on. Through the characters’ dms, the interactions between characters allowed another way to further storylines and relationships.

The instagram type of social media, from my experience with RPs and what I’ve seen, seems to work best. That being said, I’m sure other social media’s could be created for an RP, but it comes down to how well the social media can be used for an added element of depth to the RP as a resource for plot and relationship development.