Can you agree there are times having fear is healthy emotion?

I think it is good to have some fear. There are times when fear can get out of scary situations that your brain can’t comprehend until you are away. Your body just reacts out reflex when you get to that certain point. Though it can also cause problems as well.

What do you think? Is healthy to have fear? What issues do you have with the emotion if you think not?

@Discussions

4 Likes

It is a primal emotion after all.
Even something like fear of failure is mostly your primal instinct that still kicks in for you to survive.

You need a pack to survive.
You need to be good at things to survive.

Fear also is just keeping you from getting hurt or dying, so as much as I don’t like it, we do need it.

2 Likes

Yep, that is very true! I’m not sure where humans would be if they didn’t have that primal emotion in them. It what makes you human after all.

1 Like

You encounter a lion. You get scared and run away, rather than fighting it and dying.
So, yeah, it is a healthy emotion sometimes.

2 Likes

Yep, though I hate to admit there are some people in the world that do not have this emotion as much as they should…the Darwin awards.

2 Likes

Oof, yess

2 Likes

Yep, I just say that is natural selection at this point.

2 Likes

Anxiety does suck, tho. But yeah I can agree. I mean, there’s a time where I might need that adrenaline to get away from someone. I’m small and vulnerable.

1 Like

I think fear keeps people grounded. It’s a necessary emotion to ensure survivability and stability in society.

2 Likes

I believe that every emotions are important and healthy unless they’ve crossed the line where they can be treated as harmful. Fear, especially, has taught us and benefited

1 Like

Nope, I can’t agree with it. I just can’t :sweat_smile:

It only becomes unhealthy when you’re being held back from living your life because of it

Closed due to inactivity