Can You be on the Trans Spectrum Without Dysphoria?

I know this is a bit of an unpopular opinion, but what do y’all think? I was hoping to get some answers and opinions during pride month, but all the parades and LGBT groups in my country are cancelled. I’ve felt for a while now that I may be something other than cis? Is there a label for someone who feels partially like a woman, partially like a man and something else altogether? I don’t desire any sort of reassignment surgery, and I don’t feel particularly strong sense of dysphoria–although I’m wondering if this is because my body is not particularly feminine in the first place or because I’m cis and just confused. I do feel discomfort when being referred to as a woman, and I know I’m not a man. The binary system of gender just makes me feel uncomfortable, like it’s too restraining for the way I want to express myself. If anyone knows of any labels for this, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!

4 Likes

There’s a label for anything really.
I think what you described is gender fluid but I’m not sure.
I personally don’t believe in labels much. You can be whatever you want, labels don’t matter🙌🏽

Also moved to general discussion and added some tags :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I think a lot of what you’re describing actually lines up best with non-binary, which is a gender identity that diverges from the standard male/female dichotomy.

3 Likes

To build off of that, there are a few identities that may fit you, Non-binary, Agender, bigender, genderfluid

THIS :raised_hands:t5:

5 Likes

Closed due to inactivity