Can you forgive and forget?

It depends on the situation in order for me to forgive. There are times when I was really mad at people for a long time but I eventually forgave them. I’ve been hurt by others that I can never forgive but it’s not in my character to be hateful back to them. So, I tend to be nice even to them. It takes a lot to truly get on my bad side. Most of the incidents were the result of verbal abuse. I have tried to get past those memories and the people in question. So, yes I can forgive and forget if the situation calls for it. I’ve mentioned some of the times where I had to deal with people who hurt me on here before but I’m not going to dredge all of it back up. I’m finally getting past the pain.

Can you forgive and forget? How much does it take for someone to get on your bad side?

@Discussions

5 Likes

I never take things to heart so there is nothing to forgive.

1 Like

That’s a good thing for you then! Thanks for changing the tags.

I forgive but never forget

1 Like

I can understand that.

1 Like

Really!?
Can you explain to me why my brain hold onnto these stupid situations even though I forgave someone so it’s not even a thing anymore and I could use that space for more important information?

:joy:

1 Like

Lol yes, I have been in the same boat! It’s just how the stupid brain works. You are your worst critic so when you deal with hateful people you will always analyze over the situation not matter how small it was. I still sometimes have issues from back in high school that I over analyze because it’s hard to forget them. :joy:

1 Like

I always say: My selective memory could be a little more… Selective :joy:

1 Like

Lol very true! It would be nice when that part would actually kicking in for once.

1 Like

no.

1 Like

Okay cool.

1 Like

Yeah I forgive because I mean, if you do something to someone and you’d want them to forgive you also.
So it’s good to forgive.
I my try to forget what they did, cuz I hate holding past things in my head, although that’s not the case most of the times but yeah I forgive.

1 Like

Depends on how much they hurt me

1 Like

…eh
I’m a bit of a pushover, partly bc of trauma that I’m trying to figure out still - ie I forgive pretty much anyone, no matter what they do to me, but I rarely forget unless another alter or something was taking over at that point

2 Likes

I try to as well. Though it’s much harder to forget. I’m a mediator personality so I tend to overanalyze over confrontations even when they are long over. People say I have too much patience sometimes.

1 Like

ok.

1 Like

Forgive, it depends. Forget, nope.

1 Like

Same. I agree with literally all of that.

2 Likes

In theory :thinking:

2 Likes

I can forgive, but I can never forget.

1 Like