Can you have a relationship through online gaming?

Can you have a relationship through online gaming? Do you think in general that a genuine and real relationship can be formed over video games? Why or why not?

I’d say it’s pretty possible. If you’re both honest and authentic, a relationship can be formed and can work. Gaming is something you can definitely bond over. I’d say it would be extremely different once a couple were to meet but being able to touch and speak in person in general is different. As long as they communicate and again, stay authentic, it can work, for sure.

What do you think @Gamers @Psychologists ?

4 Likes

Like a romantic relationship?

Yes.

1 Like

Oh, then yeah, you can.

Like friends, absolutely.

Yes it is very possible. Long distance relationships are easier to make due to how many vc services there are. It really just comes down to if they can make it work.

2 Likes

Of course, it’s very likely to find love through online gaming as this can happen any time.

1 Like

tried it and didn’t work lol

That’s not the fate for everybody though.

I definitely think the start of a relationship can happen over online gaming. There are loads of relationships that started that way. Tho, I do think for any online relationship to be successful long term a lot of effort from both sides is required.

yeah true

I don’t think it requires more effort than one irl, it’s all the same process. The “dates” and communication aspects are just different.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that, I think irl and online relationships both take a lot of effort. What I will say tho is I believe online communication can be a bit more challenging than irl, just because non verbal communication is so important. Especially in the case of not having the same language as a native language. But there definitely are ways to figure that out and make it work!

Yes, this this this.

That can especially make the relationship rocky and difficult.

For sure. But I also believe online relationships should have at least some meet-ups during the relationship, because the intent usually is to be together forever, meaning maybe living with one another? And well, that’s in person. Sometimes that ruins it, meeting and all. I think it’s just weird now but if the shoe fits, and people can work through it, they can totally do it through gaming online.

@Gamers what do you think?

1 Like

I did, for a bit. Like a couple weeks. It was roleplay, though.