Can you please change the settings so the pronouns will always be visible?

Quack!
I think I’m not the only one who sometimes worries about misgendering people because their profile is hidden, which means that their pronouns are hidden from the public as well…
Because of that, I think it could be helpful to make pronouns visible on hidden profiles as well, so no one will have to worry about misgendering people who hid their profiles! :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

• I support this suggestion! :+1:
  • I don’t. :-1:

0 voters

7 Likes

I support :star_struck:

3 Likes

UHH SO ME AND PEPPY ARE SHARING ACCOUNT
SO IS IT HE, SHE, OR THEY?!
CONFUSHION

4 Likes

You can set your pronouns to he/she/they :eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

OMG YES I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS-

4 Likes

Someone literally messaged me asking what my pronouns are lmao. I support this!

4 Likes

So I kinda wanted to explain my opinion on this in a bit more detail.

I agree and disagree.

While I would love this, in an incident where this prevents misgendering

There is another issue.

I don’t know if anyone here remembers pride fall. I’m not sure whether that was just done scare or real, but at the time, I had just recently come out to you guys and changed my pronouns.

The issue comes with the fact that I’m on the NB umbrella, making it more obvious that I’m trans.

When pride fall was happening, I was terrified. I changed my profile settings so everything was hidden to prevent those people (in case it wasn’t just a scare) from targeting me.

Ik this is extreme circumstance.

But perhaps an alternative would be to give the option to make your whole profile hidden or allow people to see certain parts of it such as pronouns.

I feel this would work better as if someone felt unsafe, and felt that their pronouns might put them at risk, they would still be able to hide them if they wanted.

Ik that this doesn’t completely solve the issue but I feel that this would help with people who don’t want people to see their pronouns.

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity