Cannonically and Autistic coded characters in media

@discussions, does anyone have any characters they believe are autistic?

2 Likes

Omg. I forget them.

2 Likes

Entrapta from Netflix She-Ra, arguably, but I never truly liked her as a character.

I showed Dan Vs to a friend and he asked if Dan had mild Asperger’s.

If you squint you can argue that Ains Ooal Gown and Konata Izumi are. It’s not a lot of evidence but it is plausible.

2 Likes

You could argue that Ains from Overlord is.

1 Like

If you are curious, I can explain in more detail.

1 Like

The only interest/hobby Ains appears to have is getting more magical items and learning how to gain more power. He doesn’t appear to have anything else he does for fun.

1 Like

I mean, could be a special interest. Mine can get pretty intense.

Can anyone think of more? I’m having trouble. @Discussions

1 Like

Quinni from Heartbreak High!

She’s an autistic character that’s played by an autistic actor

1 Like

I’m thinking Izaya Orihara from Durarara, because he seems to really be fascinated by humans, and he’s an info broker. I don’t know why, I just pin him as Autistic.

Oh, that makes me happy to hear.

1 Like

OH MY GOD, L!
Lookit this boy! Lookit him! He’s definitely autistic. He’s extremely smart, not very good with people, has special interests, and is just downright…odd.

Jotaro is definitely autistic-coded to me

1 Like

Sheldon Cooper was confirmed to be autistic.

1 Like

Oh, he was confirmed? Awesome.

1 Like

Yup! I think the actor confirmed it himself, the writers never did though.

1 Like

Sam from Atypical is Autistic! The entire show is about him being Autistic, though. It’s explicitly stated. God, I need to watch it again.

1 Like

Ooh, yeah, Edward Elric! There’s this one scene where he gets nervous, so he starts reciting the periodic table. He’s just very awkward, lol.

I have a feeling that Rampo Edogawa is Autistic, due to how awkward and intelligent he is. Like, the dude’s a genius. Obviously this isn’t every person with Autism, but you get it. Possible that Dazai has it too.

1 Like

Who is Rampo Edogawa?

Also, changed the ignore tag for the newer books tag.

1 Like