Cannonically and Autistic coded characters in media

It’s Autism Awareness day, so I’m going to show you characters that are known to have Autism in the media. You’re also free to share your headcannons on characters you believe to be Autistic. First, those confirmed:

Now, some I believe to be autistic: Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, Mabel and Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls, Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia and Albedo from Genshin Impact. Remember, these are opinions, so please don’t attack people over this.
@Discussions

4 Likes

Mob from Mob Psycho 100
We love him
We love the show

2 Likes

Cannon or coded? Just have to ask.

2 Likes

Well
Technically it’s not explicitly said, so coded but coded really well imo, I relate to him alot plus the guy who wrote the manga has Autism, or so I heard

2 Likes

That would be coded, then. Yeah, I’ve heard he seems very Autistic. (This sounds bad, but I don’t know how to explain it.)

2 Likes

Yus but honestly I have no issue with characters being coded a certain way as long as it’s not to make them seem more evil :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh, I also heard something about Peridot and Pearl from Steven Universe. I’ve seen clips, and I can definitely see it.

2 Likes

Exactly. This is why a lot of Autistic characters can be seen as comfort characters. We can relate to them.

2 Likes

Yup! Honestly I really do relate to Mob more than most other explicitly autistic characters in media.

2 Likes

Another thing. I think Shoto Todoroki could be Autistic, or maybe it’s just due to the abuse he suffered through his childhood. His case is tricky.

1 Like

Willy wonka is defently autistic, espically the Johnny Depp version

2 Likes

Hmmmm, I see it! He’s very eccentric and shut himself away from the world.

2 Likes

he hates to be touched unexpectedly.

He has to have a routine, such as when he says that he gets a semi-annual haircut.

He hates chewing gum, possibly because of the sound or the texture.

He struggles to communicate when his scripts are taken away from him.

He is very blunt because he doesn’t know how to interact with people.

He infodumps, struggles to moderate how fast he talks, and uses language in a way that some people find hard to understand.

Started making candy because candy is his special interest.

3 Likes

This is great. Yes, yes, yes.

2 Likes

Dang that’s actually a really good reading on his character

3 Likes

It’s awesome. Great detail.

1 Like

I remember this. He wasn’t a big fan of Violet. :joy:

1 Like

yeah I tottaly didnt copy paste it from someone els blog :lying_face:

3 Likes

Well, at least you were honest.

2 Likes

Reason one why I think Deku is autistic.

1 Like