Changes to the Way the Titles Are Given Out

Hi all,

For a long time, the custom titles were something that set us apart from other forums. We love giving them out and, to paraphrase the amazing @anon68003072, they give you all the chance to customise your profile and express your individuality better. We love that and we hope you do, too!

However, it has come to my attention that the custom titles are devaluing the titles we give out for groups and badges. We want people to feel proud of the badges they’ve collected for winning things and being part of special sections of the forums. So, we need to make some changes.

For us, it was all about striking the right balance between giving you the chance to be your individual selves and ensuring that we aren’t just giving out worthless prizes. @anon68003072 fought hard to allow you to keep your custom titles, but @CrazyCaliope made the very good point that it makes people who worked very hard to get the badges feel like it was all for nothing.

Plus, we use Patreon to keep the forums running, as you know, and different Patreon tiers have different titles that come with them. We want to make sure that the Patrons feel special, too, as they are helping me to fund the forums!

So, we’ve decided to let you keep your custom titles, but with the following changes:

• All users will be able to request one title change per 3 months.
  • Patrons will have unlimited title changes.
  • For their time working on the team, staff members will also have unlimited title changes. However, their title must have their position in it. If you are a moderator, you must have “mod” or “moderator” in the title. If you are a leader, you must have “leader” in the title. Otherwise, please use one of your pre-set titles.
  • You will be able to use my Ko-Fi to buy a title change for £1 if you want to change it early.
  • We want to know if you have any ideas of ways to increase the pride people feel in collecting titles. How can we make it feel special for you?

@Announcements

39 Likes

r a i n b o w t i t l e s

is that possible? =D

9 Likes

I don’t think so ;-;

9 Likes

noooooooooooooooo

9 Likes

For now I am just happy to be able to keep my title. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m just happy to keep my title, and I guess this makes sense. @anon68003072, we appreciate your effort :fist:

4 Likes

thank you the war was spectacular :joy:

4 Likes

This actually sounds like a really good idea. It provides a special privilege to the staff and patrons since they get to customize their title anytime. Plus it makes the titles for groups and badges more enticing and special.
Although this doesn’t impact me as much, since I could never figure out what I would potentially want for a custom title anyway.

2 Likes

Oh, so I guess my Sith Lord title needs Leader in it then, right?

2 Likes

Yes it does :grin:

2 Likes

How do I create a group tag?

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m still a little confused, does everyone have the option to have titles or is it certain users?

2 Likes

Everyone can have a title or a group tag. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok, it doesnt give me any title option in my settings.

2 Likes

Because you are not in a group yet. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi…um…stupid question, but where can I request a custom title?

1 Like

You can PM me if you want to or just say it here hehe

2 Likes

But remember, you can’t change it for another 3 months so choose wisely

2 Likes

Haha I know, thank you.

My title would be…

“Queen Of Omissions”

(This is actually never gonna change,)

2 Likes