Charcoal Art 🖤

Let’s talk about charcoal

QuaintInsistentHousefly-size_restricted

Charcoal is a very interesting drawing tool. Personally I don’t make many charcoal drawings but it feels very nice and relaxing to work with it. This is a piece I drew a while ago:

I love seeing charcoal art, especially portraits I never understood how artists can do that so perfectly with charcoal cause it’s not the easiest to work with. Especially that it stains so easily makes it complicated.

Do you like seeing charcoal art? If yes do you have a favourite artwork?
Do you like drawing with charcoal, why yes or no?

8 Likes

I do like charcoal because I can do some pretty edgy looking stuff with it lol

I haven’t used it in a while but I do like it :blush:

2 Likes

Charcoal is rad I remember I liked drawing either it when I was younger
It is a bit annoying tho that it can get all powderish and make everything around black but black is rad😎

1 Like

I love charcoal, it has an awesome look to it! Its a bit too messy for me to do it often, though

1 Like

Whenever I do charcoal, the stuff gets all over me :grimacing:

1 Like

The only charcoal drawing i did 2yrs ago lol

7 Likes

I-
You’re so good it’s astonishing

3 Likes

Awww wtf thankss :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Looks so cool!! Never tried it but if I ever get the materials, I definitely will :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve never drawn anything with charcoal :eyes::eyes::green_heart::no_mouth:

I love charcoal art! I’d recommend beginners to try out charcoal art because it helps to figure out the tones and values, it’s better to take baby steps in my opinion. I usually use charcoal sticks to block out the image followed by a charcoal pencil for details.

Care to share any that you have done, previously, @anon68003072?

Nahh
I couldn’t keep any of it from high school and the one I did when I was 10 is at my parents house :joy:

1 Like

You couldn’t keep the our own work, whaaat? What not?

1 Like

It was kinda weird, I didn’t take art at GCSE so I had to donate my old art book :joy: since it still had pages left

I would have loved to have kept it, I found out I wasn’t bad at drawing animals and things but alas those skills have flown away :joy:

1 Like

Whaaat? I would have have been like no, not gonna and taken it home.

1 Like

I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many drawings beacuse of my class. We basically only use charcoal so… yeah. I grew to love it

1 Like

Any of those drawings you can share with us? :eyes:

Here are some very smol drawings

And then what we do in class
They are huge and I almost never end up finishing them

oh this last one is me in my room :joy:

1 Like

Oooh, those are all awesome but tbh I especially love the 3 smaller ones. Very rad!