Christianity Discussion

:joy: - lovely

I’m agnostic but I wouldn’t dare to hate on anyone because of their religion. I prefer to think logically on certain choices, really if you get what I mean.

What irks me so much is that I went to a Catholic school when I was 12 and was hated by non-Christians for knowing a lot of people from the Bible. Like they would get offended when I say “Happy Christmas” or Saints Day (Patrick/David/George/Andrew). I don’t have to celebrate a certain day, I just feel that people seemed to get offended over appreciation of other cultures and religion.

Truthfully, I don’t care what religion you are as long as you don’t shove it down my throat or push me to convert.

2 Likes

Added some tags! :innocent:

Heyo, I’m christian and one aspect I understand as to why people turn away from the religion is church hurt ,weather the denomination they were in felt more like a cult or the church they attended was nasty and judgmental, and just well ugly.
My mother experienced the same thing, when I was younger we had to move a lot so that meant switching churches often, that of course meant dealing with new people, some were nice, others not very much, some even tried to drive my mother out of church, of course I was unaware of this because I was a child and they just loved children regardless, but I was hurt and upset to find out about it later on, I was amazed my mother hadn’t gave up on churches all together. But our recent church has not only been nice, but full of young people, those around my age I could hang out with and relate to.

Something small that bugs me that I can’t really explain is when people don’t differentiate between denominations, like I understand sometimes people forget or that they don’t remember what denomination they used to be in, but Jehovah witness is different from Baptist is different from SDA, if that makes sense…

2 Likes

That’s how I feel about Islam (traumatic experiences) but of course I’m not going to generalise Muslims because I know people on this forum aren’t unpleasant. But like I said, I don’t care what you believe in as long as you don’t shove your beliefs down people’s throats. Pretty much the reason why I avoid the topic religion when I get to know anyone.

2 Likes

Christianity is fine though I don’t really like organised religion so like, I’m not keen on the pope and stuff (Pope is head of the catholic church)

I also don’t like when people hide behind a book that’s been translated many many times to justify their homophobia.

But there are plenty of rad Christians out there.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity