Christmas celebrations in your country

In America, people celebrate in loads of different ways, such as going to church or eating a certain food. @Discussions, what do you guys do?

2 Likes

Yeah, much the same here. Except that it’s summer and many families include a BBQ.

1 Like

I talked about this before but in the Netherlands, people celebrate Christmas both on the 25th and the 26th of December. During Dutch Christmas people spend two days with their family, playing games, watching movies and eating some traditional Christmas food.

Usually we have a fancy brunch and a fancy dinner.

In my family is has become a tradition that one kid or family is in charge of one chores of the meal.

For example this year my brother was in charge of the header, my sister had the main meal and I had desserts

our dinner

But many families also just gourmet or fondue.

Only about 50% of the people do gifts on Christmas but it’s not part of the tradition because we do the usual Christmas stuf like presents and secret santa during sinterklaas.

1 Like

I live in Denmark, we have loads of traditions.

there is the christmas food obevisloty, the white stuff with read sauce, is ris a la man(Its not French the inventer just wanted to give it a fanzy name) with cheery cause, anyway, the person who find the whole Almond win a gift

we open gift 24 eve.

its also tradition to sing around the Christmas tree.

and play pakkeleg, its like we got a dice, when you roll a 6 you get to steal a gift from one of the others, its usually some crappy gifts people have with. I bought two glass owls, I wont a kinder egg. a colouring book, and some pencils.

1 Like

Love the candlelight.

Love the traditions.

Closed due to inactivity