Christmas Eve (What does it mean to you.) 🎄⛄✨

It’s currently evening for me so I said, why not make the thread now. :hugs::hugs:

So let’s define Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve is the evening or an entire day before Christmas day, the festival commemorating the birth of Jesus according to wikipedia.

I personally don’t really celebrate at all and it doesn’t mean anything to me :sneezing_face::sweat_smile: but I enjoy the festivities and the music. I’ll just relax at home and play some games or maybe even sleep because I do my shopping a bit early so I don’t have to worry about anything else.

What about you guys? What does it mean to you? :christmas_tree::snowman::sparkles::herb::snowflake:

5 Likes

I don’t do much for Christmas Eve, although my mom likes going to mass on Christmas Eve, which she can’t do this year because of the pandemic

1 Like

It’s a time to celebrate and be close with my family! It’s not a religious holiday for me anymore (I was raised Christian, but now I’m Pagan), but usually my family would go to a Christmas Eve service at church. Due to the pandemic we didn’t do that this year.

2 Likes

@Divcp i am very curious as to what xmas means to you

2 Likes

Hm
It
It
Is like
Every normal day …why…staph STALK 2021 OK I DONT WANNA GO OFFTOPUC

3 Likes

K bye bye

3 Likes

In Mexico, Christmas Eve is when families get together and have dinner.
The church I used to go to wouldn’t have a special service on that particular day, but usually there would be a Christmas celebration (or posada) a week before, and a special Christmas service the Sunday closest to Christmas. If Christmas Eve or Christmas Day fell on a Sunday, then there would be a service that morning.
However, my church has been closed since March 15th due to the pandemic.

Most families cook turkey stuffed with ground meat, and traditional dishes such as romeritos, bacalao, roast pork loin, and some kind of fruit salad. There’s usually music-- both Christmas and non-Christmas, depending on what the family and the guests like. Celebrations usually end anywhere between 1-6 AM. I’ve never stayed until 6 AM, though… the latest has always been 3 AM for me.
Whenever my mom and I have celebrated it at someone else’s house, we’d open presents as soon as we got home.

2 Likes

My mom makes everyone open one present.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone celebrating today!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:eyes:
What’s the date today for you?

2 Likes

January 6, but I’m an Orthodox Christian and our Christmas is tomorrow :eyes:

2 Likes

Ohh wow that’s rad thanks for the info :blush::raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Of course :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Do be over
And inactive