Cloud Cove: Bramwell's Curse. [Official Thread]

tumblr_7c39fb638eb6753a3a460169763cbca8_fb6612bb_400

ahoyy

Welcome To Cloud Cove, A large and beautiful Island where many villagers and communities live in harmony. Whether a simple day out or a late-night tavern party- Cloud Cove has seen nothing but gleaming skies and joyful blissful…Or at least that’s what any townsfolk would say in this time and day. In reality, Cloud Cove truly is a beautiful Island just as much as it’s a pirate trap. Many swashbuckling brutish outlaws reside in Cloud Cove and have no intention of giving up on such a popular town. With years of decent peace coming to a halt with rumors of a Pirate Captain…A madwoman that’s set on finding out the cove’s life-long curse. The curse of Edmund Bramwell. Any villager who hears that vile name knows to hurry home and lock every door and window in sight. Will you survive to tell the tale or perish in the process?

Plot:

Bramwell was the best pirate Cloud Cove had to offer a suave and saucy man who’d protect the cove with his life. But on the day of his celebration- He vanished after losing his crew in a large battle. Rumors began to spread that he was either dead, imprisoned, or just outright abandoned his duties. Yet merely 5 years later Bramwell returned…Except he began wreaking havoc upon cloud cove for months- No one knew why Bramwell had turned into such a relentless brute and tyrant or no one ever got the chance to truly figure out why. As he was banished from the cove and cursed to solitude on an Island for his various crimes. Now any pirate or person alike knows not to step foot onto the sandy dunes of his Island or face a death sentence in the process.

Everyone except Captain Elise “Eli” Atherton, Known best as her title suits her. Madame Madness, A skilled and savage pirate Captain who holds one of the now most powerful crews to her disposal. She’s gained as much treasure as she’s cut as many heads. Bounty Hunters a plenty have tried to end her but no one has dared to come close. Now she has taken on Cloud Cove’s biggest feat. Infiltrating Bramwell’s Island alongside her crew. Even with the slim possibility of succeeding she’d have to face off other ships and captains, Alongside Bramwell himself.

Information:

This Roleplay is based on some lore I built with a friend awhile back, Cloud Cove is the main Island in this roleplay. The Island houses many townsfolk and commoners. Whilst Bramwell’s Island is the Island of a cursed pirate captain. Typically, Anyone who sets foot on the Island is doomed to live the life of bad luck. As the lore suggests- Captain Elise will be the leading Captain to infiltrate the Island. But so will the other 3 ships. Don’t worry about over-crowding as a pirate ship can have multiple members. But these 3 ships will set sail to discover what truly happened to Bramwell and why he lives such a sorrowful life. Alongside a good fight, possible romance, and treasure. What else could go wrong!?

Rules!
  • No Mary Sue’s or Gary Stu’s it’s impossible.
  • Please be respectful of everyone in the role-play.
  • PLEASE Be active! A post every 4 days is required, If you give an excused reason as to why you need more than 4 days please pm me. After a week of inactivity, you will receive a warning through pm. After 2 weeks your character(s) will be put up for adoption.
  • Relationships are allowed but sure it’s nothing too intimate, Make it minimal with a trigger warning, Anything too descriptive take it to PM.
  • Do not attempt to kill characters without permission from the owner of said character.
  • Please add location to your character’s name so it wont be confusing on where you were if you take some time off the rp.
Information/Links!

Faceclaims: :pirate_flag:

NOTE: CLOUD COVE AND BRAMWELL’S ISLAND ARE THE ONLY ISLANDS YOUR CHARACTER CAN RESIDE ON.

Tags:
@Edelgard
@katabasis
@FuzilladeBlue
@elixr
@GlitterFist
@BlackBlood
@Owertym
@TheDancingFryer
@celestialkitten

Entrance Synopsis:

For small information, The Majority of the time will of course be spent on the ship. But the city of Cloud Cove can always be visited for lore and classic RP moments. Aside from that, Your pirate can either be on a voyage- In cloud cove with your crewmates or fighting off some bandits. Regardless, At some point, all ships must be on the voyage to Bramwell’s Island. There will be a notification posted in the general thread when the announcement comes!

cloud cove

9 Likes

:bomb: Millicent Salvator :bomb:

“Another one!” she hollered across the bar, passing along the empty jug down the table, “I’m just gettin’ to the good parts. So there I was with my flintlock,” she made drastic gestures with her hands, nearing sloppy movements," dodging behind a few crates to jam the gunpowder in. And this lad, massive he was, barreling down the docks like a raging bull. Waving his cutlass around and yelling to make even the young sailors blush. I get the gun powder in, aim 'round the corner and fire, straight for his arm. Make it a warning, if you will."

“And you missed!” was another drunk call from the gathered mates around her. Millicent laughed, hearty and deep while clumsily reaching for her now filled mug. The lads and lasses around here were equally enthralled, and she had nothing to do but press forwards.

“Aye, a misfire it was. A sad bit of powder flying out,” she shrugged, “no matter for me, the greatest gunner alive.” There was another round of laughter, more drinks being shared. Millicent lazily grinned, eyes darting toward the tavern doors where a few other guests had entered.

“Oi! Come now, don’t be shy. You haven’t missed anything good yet,” she called out.

Approachable for someone entering the tavern

:crossed_swords: James Chandler :crossed_swords:

The Serpent’s Shadow had been docked for some time, one of the countless reruns where they’d stopped by Cloud Cove. It wasn’t a bad place, and no one openly made comments yet, so it was the designation of choice. All the shipment crates were already hauled off to sell, exchanged for the local currency. All the other profits and raided goods were split. A few days to a week was the average stay length, enough for everyone to blow their earnings on whatever activities available. James merely pocketed a few coins and tossed on a coat, striding down the massive docking bay.

It was an incredible place. There could have been hundreds of other ships lined this way, less than half full at the moment, but it really signified that this cove was a save haven. He’d like the authorities to try even to get back the local defences. Spurred on by pride and individuality, it was the perfect getaway from being fugitives on the high sea: Lage freighters, small fishing boats, all among the few. Of course, the unintended included rule of this haven was the universal mention that any pirate could stay. Already, James had noticed the colours and the banners of The Barbaric Bandits and The Rapier, no doubt the mad lasses here as well. It was a nice place here, after all, not perfect, but big enough to never have to run into another.

In the end, it was a supply run. Simple restockings of the food and resources, all supported by continued raids. James headed towards the streets lined with markets, tents and mats filled with various wears. A pretty penny wouldn’t be missed if he added a few additional items for the next trip.

Approachable in the streets, market sector

3 Likes

:mahjong:𝐿𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓍𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒲𝒶𝓃𝓁𝒾 :mahjong:

Lingxian looked out from her perch high up in the crow’s nest, squinting against the sunlight as she searched the horizon. Even from all the way up here, she could feel the tiniest bit of salty sea spray tickling her nose. There was a feeling in her gut, telling her that they were getting close. Suddenly, a speck of jagged black angles rolled over the horizon and into sight. A thin grin split across Lingxian’s face. After all these months, the early morning tide had carried The Rapier back home.

“Alright, boys!” Lingxian called out. She rang the bell at the top of the crow’s nest to wake any of her crew mates who were still snoozing away below deck. “The town hasn’t waited half a year to welcome home a boatload of layabouts. Up and at em’! Cloud Cove straight ahead!”

Grabbing a hold of a rope from the battens, she jumped from the loft and swung down gracefully, landing on her feet on the deck. As the crew came streaming out from below deck, Lingxian took her place at the bow and started giving orders. “Hoist the main! Prepare the anchor! Clear us on starboard!” She cried. “And prepare yourselves for a night at the pub, on me!”

Approachable, on the deck of The Rapier

2 Likes

Sebastian’s hat covered his face as he slept as sound as a baby, A cool wind drifted throughout the lower deck of the cabin where few hammocks and palettes were present. All pirates had personal rooms but some like Sebastian preferred to quote and quote sleep with one eye open, And the only way to do that? Sleep out in the open on his oh-so-comfortable hammock. A few light snores came from Sebastian but his peaceful snoozing soon came to an end as the bell from the crow’s nest rang loudly. Jumping up out of his sleep Bastian hit the floor after failing to catch himself and leaped up to his feet. “Blimey! Little!” Sebastian spat, Throwing open the lower deck’s door nearly snapping the wood from the door.

Inhaling the salty sea air and looking around the deck which was nearly pitch black was the Captain herself, Lingxian. Wonderful lady- But the surprise wake up calls? Sebastian could never get used to those. “Fine! I’m up, Your Highness.” Bastian folded his arms with a raised eyebrow seething with anger until she announced a night at the pub. Sebastian perked up suddenly. “Well- That was all you had to say!” Sebastian stated with a hearty chuckle, Flipping his hat and placing it firmly on his head he waved the roaring crew off that was already heading to the tavern.

Taking a faster route he arrived before the rest of the crew did and was hastily greeted by Millicent his favorite drinking gal who’d been his only competition in this trench of a town, Strolling over to the table she sat at, He plopped down on the stool and tipped his hat towards Millicent. “3 glasses, Rum.” Sebastian motioned to the bartender who cautiously made his drink. “Aye, My reputation always proceeds me. What a shame.” Sebastian stated in a sarcastic tone, Carefully watching the bartender pour the drink in the glasses.

“I’m surprised you’re here so late, Lassie. Surely your Cap’n struck your night as well?” Sebastian asked, Snatching one of the rum glasses from the bartender and tossing him a few doubloons as payment.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6c4b6547352d51355135355047673d3d2d3930353730313235362e31363239306238326438306233366630393234383430

@FuzilladeBlue - Millicent.

1 Like

:bomb: Millicent Salvator :bomb:

Anyone was always welcome to her stories, and the newcomers were certainly not an exception. Of course, as the figure stepped forwards, she only grinned more.

“Mates, we’ll have quite the treat tonight!” she giggled, waving over her occasional drink partner, “Sebastian, the Brutal Blackbeard, scourage of the seas. If you think I have the fables here, listen to this guy talk.” Millicent elbowed him with a loopy smile while sitting forward on her stool.

“Good fortune to all today, my Captin is back on her mad hunt of the local curse,” she continued, “and oh, do I have the stories for that. Madam Madness and the hunt of Bramwell’s Island.” There were a few gasps and murmurs as more people shuffled closer. Perfect. Stories were so much more enjoyable when there were many to hear it. After all, the was a curse they spoke of here, and pirates loved nothing more than that.

She tossed her hair back and settled into eyeing Sebastian for prompting. “Something is up with the curse, you all feel it don’t you? That shiver in the air, the faint howling in the night, when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up for seemingly no reason. Strange things be happenin’ 'round here. I’d keep an eye out.” Millicent turned to Sebastian, “and this daring fellow, has seen the supernatural before.” That earned a better response, more chatter, more attention. She drank it all in harder than her ale.

“That’s right, sea serpents, they say? Sailing in the ocean, noticing these large waves in the midst of calm waters, not seein’ any whales around. What else could it be? I bet he’ll tell you all about it. Then again, they say that Captain Lingxian really is a dragon at night and her crew would take that secret to their graves.”

@ForeverAngel

1 Like

This seems interesting I might join!

I read that as Bonnievells curse lol at first

1 Like

Please make sure to comment on the the sign ups! Otherwise, Please do!

1 Like

Sebastian grinned watching Millicent’s routine, Announcing Sebastian like he was some wretched outlaw- Which he was. proudly too. “Aren’t you Three Sheets To The Wind.” Sebastian chuckled, Downing the glass of rum he had in his hand and placing the empty cup back on the bar counter. “That Cap’n of yours is a madwoman, I see where she gets her title from. I wouldn’t be surprised if she took on an entire ship herself.” Sebastian added with a raised eyebrow. Sebastian continued to hear Millicent ramble on still just as intoxicated as he watched patiently. Taking another glass and downing the liquid in one go he slammed the glass on the counter which gained more attention from the on-looking bar folk. Standing up and exhaling a heavy sigh- Bastian turned to look at the bar folk with an all too serious expression.

“Listen closely, For I will only tell ye’ this tale once…” Sebastian started, “His name was Edmund.” Sebastian added. “Edmund Bramwell.” He walked around the bar heavily clunking with every turn that kept the audience on their seats. “A swashbuckling fiend, A pirate like us. But not just any pirate. He was a clever man with sword and suave he could take down an entire ship with his hands behind his back!” Sebastian semi-yelled as the crowd oo’d and aa’d. “He had the best crew this filth ridden cove had to offer!” Sebastian stated. “But. Something went wrong.” Sebastian continued calming his tone a bit and glancing back over to Millicent.

“Edmund, Lost his mind. He went mad! No one know’s why…No one knows how. But he wreaked havoc upon the cove for a decade long torment- Ever since? He’s been banished to Bramwell’s Island.” Sebastian further explained. “Some say you can still hear his angered cries til’ this very day.” Going back down to gulp the final rum glass he wiped his mouth and sat back on the hard stool. “Never journey to that Island. Most never return, And if they do? Their scarred for the rest of their lives.” Bastian added. Turning back to Millicent.

“And for you! I think you’ve had quite enough.” Sebastian snatched her glass and tossed it behind him earning a loud crash from the glass, But from the story he just told no one dared to flinch, Fear and curiosity struck their minds. Foolish they are.

@FuzilladeBlue

1 Like

:bomb: Millicent Salvator :bomb: // Merywell Tavern/Pub.

That classic old tale again, and no matter how many times they told it, everyone seemed to listen. She only baited them with the mentions of the curse, Sebastion was the one ripping open the lore- all of it. Quite the classic, and yet still captivating. Even she enjoyed the retellings, every time a different element added. It was a story in the end, but the words, that was the part that fascinated her. Anything spoken could never be taken at face value, and this curse was just another example of all the distortions thrown in. Millicent liked to believe that Bramwell died that night, betrayed by his crew, and now lived as a ghost. There was no way that lad could still wander the earth along on that island, and everyone loved good ghost stories.

Be as that may, it just happened to be a tradition that no one set foot on the newly named Bramwell’s island. Those who returned were changed, and Millicent wasn’t planning a trip there soon on her own. Madame Madness was a whole other matter, but if her caption were insane enough to hoist their ship that way, then, of course, Millicent would draw her flintlocks and fire away.

Rockweather ended his story with a crash, and then utter silence as the captivated crowd froze in awe and fear.

Millicent stood up. “Well, lucky for you all, we be in town for the next few days,” she winked at the bartender, “Stop by, if you will, for another story. My ship has already dedicated itself to this mystery; all you need t’ do is keep swingin’ by. Same time, every day.” The crowd soon eased after that, slinking back to their tasks and more rambunctious drinking.

“Well, doncha got places t’ be?” she said to Sebastian once the chatter fell to something normal again, “My day is all clear, nothin’ wrong with that. Doesn’t your captain stop by here every once in a while? How’s she doing?”

@ForeverAngel

1 Like

Cece was up from her short afternoon nap in her sleeping quarters. She got off the ship and stretched her arms and legs. “Ow,” she felt a slight pain in her back and winced. She really hoped she didn’t crack her bone. Eh, it didn’t hurt much so she brushed it off.

She headed into the bustling streets. Various vendors selling their goods, chaos near the bar, just a normal day in Cloud Cove. She vividly remembered her life here. It wasn’t the best, but she still liked this island. It just felt like… home. Of course, she wouldn’t run back to her house to greet her ‘family’. They didn’t even know she had become a pirate. They would have freaked!

But it was all in the past. She didn’t want to think too much about it. For now, just wanted to enjoy her time here. Cece had thought about going to the bar. Ye know, for a drink or two… Just as she began to walk, a hand stopped her. She looked back to see her fiance. 'Blimey! What’s tis son of a biscuit doing ‘ere?!’ she thought and adjusted her hat so that he couldn’t see her whole face.

“Cesarina? Cece?”

“Uh, who? I 'on’t think I know any Seesee Wina. Ye might be mistaken meh for 'omeone else…” she awkwardly laughed at the end. She looked around to see if one of her crewmates were around. “Ah! Cap’n help meh…” she mouthed to him.

@FuzilladeBlue ~ James Chandler

1 Like

:crossed_swords: James Chandler :crossed_swords: // Market street

The crowd was thick enough to slip back unnoticed into with all the people milling about. Markets tended to carry that air of anonymity despite the chaos. Taking the cue from Cesarina, he led them both behind a passing group of vendors, slipping down another alley. The markets on this side were rowdier in a way, but it would mask conversations better. Whoever was looking for her, even if they saw her, the line of vendors was too long for a reasonable follow-up. They were safe for now.

“Who was that back there? Starting skirmishes along the main roads always end in disaster.” It was a pirate island, everyone carried weapons on them. If you were going to start a fight, one of the outlying beaches would be cinematic enough. Cesarina was still young for the ship, but she was skilled. He couldn’t imagine her picking up a stable rival just quite yet.

In the end, his guns were loaded; if need be, he’d gladly step in to assist her against her perpetrator. Elsewise, browsing the local goods was cover enough for scouting this individual out. “I caught other crewmates by the blacksmiths if you’re looking for companions.”

@elixr

1 Like

Sorry guys… but its been long enough…
Message me if you want it reopened, and can revive it.